Options

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Okay, there it is. Changing the true damage to a DoT instantly removes the toxic interaction with WW ult. Whether the item will still be worth buying is questionable over stalker for people who want true damage against champions on their smite, but we'll see. Most likely it'll just push it into a place where your Yi's and what not want it for split pushing because the 20% damage reduction against you is pretty huge for, you know, skirmishing.

• Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    So I was trying to think of some fun comps built around Khalista, I was thinking about champs that often flash engage. Like Galio, Alistar, amumu (sort of), morg, skarner. Should be interesting I wonder if skarners ult cool down when he flashes also works on Khalista throwing you at the enemy team.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    Warwick is OP
    Rito Please nerf into ground
    I HATE THAT DUMB WOLF

(/haiku style)
    I think it's more the itemisation. Top lane Warwick isn't going to build Devourer, or have the Challenging Smite, so...

Look at the item. LEAVE WARWICK ALONE! >_>

Actually, top lane WW is going to have that Smite (It was a weird game.) I was playing against it and it's probably the most oppressive kill-combo I've faced in a long time. Now don't get me wrong, there's quite a few top-laners who can combo down a half-health Rengar, but against most of them you have some amount of counter-play. Since WW is point-and-click, there's fuck-all you can do to prevent a combo that will kill you from surprisingly high health. Add in the slow from the Smite and WW's chase ability and there's no way to fight or escape from the situation, short of a champ with a ton off CC and mobility.

• Options
    The skirmisher smite, which is the one with the currently toxic interaction with WW's ult does not slow you. You're right that if a top lane WW built it against anybody who doesn't build resistances he'd just delete them too though. WW with skirmisher/devourer is straight up broken right now, no doubt about it. I think he's up to 59% win rate in ranked right now.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    The skirmisher smite, which is the one with the currently toxic interaction with WW's ult does not slow you. You're right that if a top lane WW built it against anybody who doesn't build resistances he'd just delete them too though. WW with skirmisher/devourer is straight up broken right now, no doubt about it. I think he's up to 59% win rate in ranked right now.

Might be I'm remembering the slow from Bork, besides that I don't have all the attributes of the different smites internalized yet. I think that if I'd been a tanky bull-shit character i would have done better, but since I was someone squishy it just felt incredibly oppressive.

• Options
    That's the real rub. Anybody who doesn't have bruiser/tank scaling or have defensive items is just fodder for a WW with skirmisher/devourer every ~70 seconds. He's the reason skirmisher and devourer are both being nerfed.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I played WW once this patch, and I could delete anyone but their tank with no response. Not touching it again until its nerfed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    So I was trying to think of some fun comps built around Khalista, I was thinking about champs that often flash engage. Like Galio, Alistar, amumu (sort of), morg, skarner. Should be interesting I wonder if skarners ult cool down when he flashes also works on Khalista throwing you at the enemy team.

More importantly can Skarner be moved while holding someone.

Because that could be some real bullshit if he can ult an enemy player and then Kalista can ult him. Hold him till his ult ends and then shoot him out at the enemy team.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Because that could be some real bullshit if he can ult an enemy player and then Kalista can ult him. Hold him till his ult ends and then shoot him out at the enemy team.

Man, that'd be a lot of fun, if so. Not so much for the other guys.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Well, if Kalista grabs Skarner just before his ult ends, are you stuck in Kalista ult until thats over too?

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Auralynx wrote: »

Man, that'd be a lot of fun, if so. Not so much for the other guys.

To answer that question.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzfUYn87uI&feature=youtu.be

yes...

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    holy monkeys that is awesome/terrible.

Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    Probably not worth fixing considering it means you're giving up the actual power of Kalista ult, which lies in saving your partner in crime and/or using them to get a multi target knock up.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    @Miniwolf showed that video earlier of Kalista being able to TP with someone in ult. So...TP with Skarner who has someone ulted back to the fountain?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    OH GOD IT GETS WORSE PEOPLE!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE2E87mu1Ds

the distance on that pull at 1:06 on TF is a warcrime.....

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    better

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    More interesting interactions with her Ult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kJvJpKIWiU

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Lol Kalista is going to be banned from the LCS in the same way that Rengar was....

edit: the more I watch the combo kings video the more amazing it is :D

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Lol Kalista is going to be banned from the LCS in the same way that Rengar was....

why aren't you on NA so we can do this. Why do you ruin everything I love.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    Varega wrote: »

why aren't you on NA so we can do this. Why do you ruin everything I love.

Because America hates me.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Riot Matchmaking (TM)
    efatP3z.jpg

What am I missing here? Unranked means no rank, it's not lower or higher than diamond, it just means you don't know. Matchmaking also isn't made by league.

• Options
    Correct, it is perfectly safe to assume that anyone listed as Unranked has a MMR that fits the game, they just don't bother grinding through ranked games.

But Vic, what you aren't noticing is that he is level 23 with only 78 games played. Most likely he has queued with someone else, and probably also is or has been flagged as a smurf.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Correct, it is perfectly safe to assume that anyone listed as Unranked has a MMR that fits the game, they just don't bother grinding through ranked games.

But Vic, what you aren't noticing is that he is level 23 with only 78 games played. Most likely he has queued with someone else, and probably also is or has been flagged as a smurf.

Yup, Crs Piglet was at level 25 playing against high plat / low diamond.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    Based on that matchmaking it also had to have been a normal game. You shouldn't worry about people's ranked league in normal matchmaking, because the MMRs are not the same. 100% of the time you'll be happier if you just play the game and don't use a 3rd party site to look up that info about your team and opponents.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Normal games are cancer. Teambuilder is nice because it's a fresh elo, but I have a feeling that as soon as I play it enough it will also become worthless.

Play ranked. Playing ranked is the secret to a joyous life.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options

Well, now that looks like a lot of fun!

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    JAEF wrote: »
    Normal games are cancer. Teambuilder is nice because it's a fresh elo, but I have a feeling that as soon as I play it enough it will also become worthless.

Play ranked. Playing ranked is the secret to a joyous life.

I feel awful for people who are diamond in ranked and don't play normals, but then they play them with their friends. Because whether they're on my team or the other team, somebody always ends up looking at some site and then shitting on the person for either stomping or doing poorly. Half the time the people are just playing off roles or whatever trying to have fun with their friends and angsty geese just shit on them because they couldn't just play the game instead of looking up the ranked leagues everybody is in.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I'm not a jungler but she sounds like she's gonna be amazing to play as.

butts
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Rek'sai 0/10 too many passives and complicated mechanics plus true damage. CertainlyT must be stopped.

n/m not a CertainlyT champ, she looks fun and cool!

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    burrowing is weird, enemies can still attack you but you can't aa back.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    burrowing is weird, enemies can still attack you but you can't aa back.

I just imagine its like a really stupid dog who thinks no one can see what its doing but is painfully obvious.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    She is just doing underground what Lee Sin should have always had.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    She is just doing underground what Lee Sin should have always had.
    Not auto-attacking? Being stuck on PBE away from me trying to play regular games?

I agree.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Riot is legitimizing "rekt"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    It's kinda interesting that her ult doesn't do damage (or at least doesn't mention doing damage).

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I only care about pretty looking things and character designs and art stuff, everything else I'm like "I push this button and they fall down, win" - I just wanna say I'm very glad there is going to be a lady void monster now. The fact that she's a big burly lizard-bug without eyes and not just a Kerrigan knock-off is a relief.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Is it just my viewing it on my second monitor in Firefox or is that an illegible mess of too much scrolling for other people, too?

Champion looks neat, though.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I am puzzled by the new champ. I am not sure how popular any champ is going to be with mechanics that obtuse that you sacrifice tons of visibility to do. Sure you can see the pings of movement but you are losing a TON of situational awareness every time you go into the burrow.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »
    I am puzzled by the new champ. I am not sure how popular any champ is going to be with mechanics that obtuse that you sacrifice tons of visibility to do. Sure you can see the pings of movement but you are losing a TON of situational awareness every time you go into the burrow.

I don't think it'll be too terrible. Especially if you don't lose team mates vision (so in the middle of your team you can safely do it). Plus the range on those pings and the ability for them to work through walls gives you crazy awareness.

This discussion has been closed.