Options

[League of Legends] So much fun you could burst a blood vessel

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I can get why people might hate the 30 passive Cirque du Soleil champions (lazy baddies), but the biggest offenders are normally the so-simple-it-comes-with-auto-pilot ball-of-stats monsters.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    If I forced myself to play Nunu despite the fact that he is boring (but acknowledging the fact that I'm a bad jungler and might benefit from playing someone who doesn't struggle to clear camps), in what order would I max my skills?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    If I forced myself to play Nunu despite the fact that he is boring (but acknowledging the fact that I'm a bad jungler and might benefit from playing someone who doesn't struggle to clear camps), in what order would I max my skills?

I generally follow R>Q>E>W

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    if you max Q before E then don't even bother to gank just farm, counterjungle and ward for your team. early sightstone.

but really nunu and warwick are dumb champs

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Talith wrote: »
    I can get why people might hate the 30 passive Cirque du Soleil champions (lazy baddies), but the biggest offenders are normally the so-simple-it-comes-with-auto-pilot ball-of-stats monsters.

it's easy to call everyone lazy when you have 4 times their number of arms, Talith.

Check your arm privilege bro

• Options
    Roz wrote: »

it's easy to call everyone lazy when you have 4 times their number of arms, Talith.

We'll start with champions now all having 4 auto attacks, 4 smash attacks, and 4 special moves plus ultimate and slowly add in jump attacks, blocks, dodges, and expanding combo trees. From there we add in strategic control of minions and monsters within your champions sphere of influence and turn this into the first Fighting RTS MOBA.

We can start by having 3 players control a single champion in the lower leagues and work our way up to masters where it's back to 1-1 control.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

We'll start with champions now all having 4 auto attacks, 4 smash attacks, and 4 special moves plus ultimate and slowly add in jump attacks, blocks, dodges, and expanding combo trees. From there we add in strategic control of minions and monsters within your champions sphere of influence and turn this into the first Fighting RTS MOBA.

We can start by having 3 players control a single champion in the lower leagues and work our way up to masters where it's back to 1-1 control.

so... everyone just plays riven

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I generally do something like QWEQE and then R > E > Q > W.

Really depends on how the game is going but if you don't start getting E early then you basically don't do anything other than jungle/counterjungle because you just don't do anything in a fight..

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    The thing is the total ap ratio of nunu is between 1.3 and 3.5 depending on how often you can get your full ult off (hint basically never).
    Compare this to pretty much any other caster and you can see why nunu is a bit garbage.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    The thing is the total ap ratio of nunu is between 1.3 and 3.5 depending on how often you can get your full ult off (hint basically never).
    Compare this to pretty much any other caster and you can see why nunu is a bit garbage.

Then you realize you basically have to 100-0 Nunu despite him being a tanky bastard or he'll waddle off and consume some stuff to full health. In lane he shrugs off harass like crazy. In jungle he's full health always.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I generally do something like QWEQE and then R > E > Q > W.

Really depends on how the game is going but if you don't start getting E early then you basically don't do anything other than jungle/counterjungle because you just don't do anything in a fight..

I agree with this order. You want the second Q at 4 so you can insta-gib the crabs, and the extra health+clear time is pretty huge. Then you max E after that so you can gank effectively, but most of the time just being there and slowing someone while absorbing damage is usually "good enough"

I go 9/21, but I could see an argument for 21/9 if you wanted to go full AP and throw meteors instead of snow balls.

• Options

And is tankier, provides huge debuffs/slows, can peel like the best of them, and gives his ADC an attack and movement speed bonus.

If he's winning the jungle, then you're going to have a very easy time securing objectives. His abilities are just the right kind of totally stupid that lets you stick to targets early, and peel for people late.

The only thing he doesnt have is a gap closer, and thank god for that, because you'd never be able to run away from him otherwise.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

And is tankier, provides huge debuffs/slows, can peel like the best of them, and gives his ADC an attack and movement speed bonus.

If he's winning the jungle, then you're going to have a very easy time securing objectives. His abilities are just the right kind of totally stupid that lets you stick to targets early, and peel for people late.

The only thing he doesnt have is a gap closer, and thank god for that, because you'd never be able to run away from him otherwise.

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure that whenever they next rework Nunu they'll give him a pounce ability of some form.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

Oh, don't worry, I'm sure that whenever they next rework Nunu they'll give him a pounce ability of some form.

Maybe they'll actually have Nunu do some work. Poor Willump. FREE WILLUMP!

• Options
    edited November 2014
    they should make nunu like ice climber if u get hit on the head then you just are a dumb yeti until you b

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    Nunu is super stupid because if he builds any AP his snowball which is low CD and targeted does pretty lively damage and his ult is his ult, but even if he builds full tank he spends part of the game keeping your jungler down and having immense objective control, then he spends the rest of the game giving his ADC move speed/attack speed, slowing the move speed/attack speed of whomever he wants with snowball, and having mega zone control in fights with his ult, forcing you to not only be slowed if you're trying to get through it, but also to use hard CC on him just to stop it because the damage is immense if he gets to channel it.

He's such a simple champion, but because of that there's so much passive power and utility in his kit that it's just blech.

Complain all you want about complex champs, but at least you have to be decent mechanically to make most of them work.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    they should make nunu like ice climber if u get hit on the head then you just are a dumb yeti until you b

so...gnar hard counter?

• Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited November 2014
    The message I'm getting from these posts is that I should reinstall and play as Nunu and WW, they are the bestest.

But secretly what I'm hoping for is that they stay really really strong for a really long time, until Riot suddenly decides that what everybody always wanted was actually Bloodline Champions, where everything is a "skillshot", even basic attacks.

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    Tbh WW feels like the most broken champ in Lol in a very very long time. Mechanically simple. Absurdly powerful. His ult 1shots squishies without counterplay and he can build incredibly tanky to boot. Weird how it's an item rather than a champ re-work that did this.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2014
    What is it about ashe that makes people go crazy and get weird items in a terrible order?

attack speed boots, zeal, tear, agility cloak, recurve bow, pickaxe?

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    What is it about ashe that makes people go crazy and get weird items in a terrible order?

It's her recommended items I think. It has muramana and runans as core iirc.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Tbh WW feels like the most broken champ in Lol in a very very long time. Mechanically simple. Absurdly powerful. His ult 1shots squishies without counterplay and he can build incredibly tanky to boot. Weird how it's an item rather than a champ re-work that did this.
    There's plenty of counterplay for his ult.

QSS
    Spell Immunity
    Blinds
    Knockbacks/Knockups
    Stuns
    Suppression
    Dancing
    (Blocks
    Dodges)

Every game I've been in against WW jungle, I suggest everyone gets a BV. It's worked out pretty well as long as we weren't dead by the 20 minute mark.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

It's her recommended items I think. It has muramana and runans as core iirc.

Doran's blade as starting. IE/Statikk Shiv/Zerker Boots as core. LW/BT/PD Offensive. BV/GA/QSS as defensive. Maybe a bit off that both PD and Shiv are recommended, but pretty much everything there could be considered a good buy based on game state.

Now, her ARAM recommendations are a bit wacky. Manamune, Zerker Boots and Black Cleaver are her "Essential Items" on HA.

• Options

The itemization helps, no doubt, but any jungler who can clear quickly and safely is a massive advantage. They can invade, fight, and gank faster and more reliably than about 70% of the jungle roster right now.

It's not just WW that's insane, Nunu is really really frickin' nuts. Almost every game is trivially easy unless I have an afker or an intentional troll.

• Options
    SqueezeSqueeze Registered User regular
    Watched Trick2G this morning while working out. He was playing the new void champ. Second game I watched he cleared jungle, counter jungled, and ganked until the ten minute mark without even thinking to back. Her heal from burrow is insane levels of sustain.

• Options
    In a world where the traditional early aggression junglers are all almost dead after clearing a few camps, the junglers that don't have to deal with that shit thrive.

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »

QSS
    Spell Immunity
    Blinds
    Knockbacks/Knockups
    Stuns
    Suppression
    Dancing
    (Blocks
    Dodges)

Every game I've been in against WW jungle, I suggest everyone gets a BV. It's worked out pretty well as long as we weren't dead by the 20 minute mark.
    He did over 700 damage to me with his ult at level 9. Under my tower.

• Options

QSS
    Spell Immunity
    Blinds
    Knockbacks/Knockups
    Stuns
    Suppression
    Dancing
    (Blocks
    Dodges)

He did over 700 damage to me with his ult at level 9. Under my tower.

Skirmisher Devourer is currently OP as hell on WW, because the second you complete it it's like 300+ more damage free on the ult, of which 100 or so is true, at least.

• Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

QSS
    Spell Immunity
    Blinds
    Knockbacks/Knockups
    Stuns
    Suppression
    Dancing
    (Blocks
    Dodges)

Like I said, depending on your champ, you can stun WW out of the ult he is using on you. If that isn't counterplay, I don't know what is.

Also, counterjungling called and it wants to be back on the Christmas card list. If you are worried about the enemy jungle, then bring the fight to them. If your lane doesn't instantly respond (and they generally won't do more than ping), it's a 2v1 and you will win unless you are shit-tastic, and then you deserve to lose.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    At work today, I receive a text message saying I got a package in the mail. I'm really confused because I'm fairly certain I would remember ordering something. Maybe it was some kind of free promo from something else, no idea. I ask where it's from, I'm told it's England.

And then, instantly, I know exactly what it is.

A while ago I mentioned to a friend of mine that I wanted a shirt but never felt like shelling out the money for it since I'm cheap. He's a really nice guy and doesn't mind going out of the way to do stuff for us every once in a while, gifts being one of them; he gets about as much joy sending stuff to his friends as we do getting them from him. One of those people.

Well, I knew what it was because the Dignitas store is centered in England. The shirt I mentioned wanting to get was this shirt, I almost feel like I gotta subscribe to him now.

butts
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    If you're trying to argue that Warwick himself is not problematic, that's true.

If you're trying to argue that Warwick with devouring skirmisher and the near 60% win rate that's come with its interaction with his ult is not problematic, then you're crazy.

But that's why they're nerfing both parts of that item combo.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    The actual damage WW does with specific itemisation is absurd.

But his ult has plenty of counterplay in the mid and late game (and some in the laning phase as certain champions).

Seeing as they're nerfing both of the items that cause this effect, and it's preseason, it's not a huge deal. It might be if they left it that way going into s5.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    It kind of sucks for champions who were less degenerate with it, but...

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I'm a bit confused that they're nerfing Ranger's Trailblazer and Gift of Heavy Hands - have those two been secretly overpowered and just ignored thanks to Warwick's shenanigans?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they're not, frankly.

• Options
  • Options
    I initially read that as "So what do you guys want to do with Talith" and I figured it was a hotlink to a anime stylized half naked Ezreal.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    Man I use to HATE Irelia but she's starting to be my go to top these days as she's one of the few who can fight nasus early game and boy do I hate Nasus.

Also those Shyvana buffs are welcome, but I think she still needs some love. I don't know what exactly, just keep the buffs coming.

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    In a world where the traditional early aggression junglers are all almost dead after clearing a few camps, the junglers that don't have to deal with that shit thrive.

buff eve

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LefLef Registered User regular
    Warwick is a problem because he doesn't have enough knobs to turn. He can just farm and get a ton of stats and then be significantly hard to stop because of his incredible in-fight sustain. The game devolves into a math problem as opposed to having a nuanced engagement. The same is true of Nunu and Nasus. Nunu and Nasus have the same play pattern, a powerful single target slow that can lock out a single target while they walk up to you and auto-attack. Warwick essentially does the same thing. These champions are effective, simple, and can't realistically be changed by numbers. They have systemic problems that changing items or values won't do anything. Nunu has the counterjungling non-sense, so you still have to have some amount of map-awareness. WW and Nasus can just farm until they reach a critical mass.

This discussion has been closed.