As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tell Us About a Time You Were Classy or Saw Classy Being Done

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sounds like your bribe bounced.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I like spotting when people are classy, it gives me the warm and fuzzy and inspires me to be classier.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    tynic wrote: »
    I have nothing to contribute to a classy thread. Why couldn't it have been a vomiting thread?

That one story you have about vomiting into a crystal decanter might play here.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Oh well now vomiting, I've done a couple voms in my day, some of them were like trick shots or dual expulsions

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I don't have a classy story to contribute so I'll contribute this instead:

Recently I went to go see John Wick at a second run theater. I thought I'd be alone but there turned out to be quite a few people at the showing! Included among them was a young couple who were being very affectionate with one another. When the lights went down for the previews the girl must've made a grab for the dude's junk, because I heard him whisper to her: "Not yet, babe. Wait until the shootout; everyone will be too distracted to notice us when that happens."

Stay classy, young horny couple at a Keanu Reeves action movie.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I live in Mississippi
    Class is in short supply

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I live in Mississippi
    Class is in short supply

Is this an education joke?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I see classy happening in the Steam thread quite regularly. Lots of people gifting games to others, even when there are no sales on. SyphonBlue very generously just gifted me Papers, Please last night for example, and to be honest I don't think we've really interacted here very much at all before. Didn't slow them down in the slightest, though.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    For those of you who don't know, I have a learning disability, and receive accommodations for it at my university. I am 100% responsible for informing my professors about them.

Classes started up on Tuesday this week, and I of course let my professors know what my situation is. One of them, after hearing that I'd need extra time on the final and midterm, just shrugged and said, "That's fine. You can finish the tests after class in my office."

It was just such a completely perfect response, absolutely the classiest reaction I've ever gotten. He was completely calm and matter-o-fact. He didn't make all the students with accommodations raise their hands in class so he could talk to us later. He didn't act all surprised because "otherwise, you seem smart." He didn't make a huge deal of how hard school must be and how far he'd be willing to go to accommodate me. He didn't tell me his brother had dyslexia but "grew out of it." Or anything weird like that.

And the thing is, he not only nailed the absolute perfect response to the "heads up, I've got accommodations" talk, but he pretty obviously has no idea how great it was. Which makes it even classier.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I don't have a classy story to contribute so I'll contribute this instead:

Recently I went to go see John Wick at a second run theater. I thought I'd be alone but there turned out to be quite a few people at the showing! Included among them was a young couple who were being very affectionate with one another. When the lights went down for the previews the girl must've made a grab for the dude's junk, because I heard him whisper to her: "Not yet, babe. Wait until the shootout; everyone will be too distracted to notice us when that happens."

Stay classy, young horny couple at a Keanu Reeves action movie.

dude has some stamina, I'll give him that

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I got on the bus today and a man stood up to let me sit in his seat. it may be the first time that's happened.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Hmm hmm. Tonight has been horrible. I won't go into details over respect for privacy.
    I'd like to think I handled the chaos with grace, but I can't really praise myself here, because the stakes were so high, to not have been classy, would have been monstrous.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm a magician for hospitalized children in my free time.

This explains it pretty well

http://youtu.be/TXfvfdzX6KM

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I live in Mississippi
    Class is in short supply

Is this an education joke?

It works on that level, sure

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    Oh and on the holidays I go to Toys-R-Us and pay for random people's lay away orders because no one should worry about having to pay for presents for their kiddos.

Finally, two years ago my friend and his wife were going to adopt a baby for a surrogate and right before the baby was born, the mother started extorting my friends and demanded an extra $20,000. I got three of my friends together and we all chipped in to buy the baby for my friends.

I just realized that "buy the baby" is a really weird sentence.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I'm a magician for hospitalized children in my free time.

This explains it pretty well

http://youtu.be/TXfvfdzX6KM

Dude i had no idea you did this. Thats amazing! You get like +50 classy points

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Oh and on the holidays I go to Toys-R-Us and pay for random people's lay away orders because no one should worry about having to pay for presents for their kiddos.

Finally, two years ago my friend and his wife were going to adopt a baby for a surrogate and right before the baby was born, the mother started extorting my friends and demanded an extra $20,000. I got three of my friends together and we all chipped in to buy the baby for my friends.

I just realized that "buy the baby" is a really weird sentence.

1st thing is awesome, and SUPER classy of you.
    2nd thing is horrifying, and lacking in class in the EXTREME on her part.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    My roommates and I have helped push a couple of cars out of the intersection in front of our house after accidents. This place is fairly close to a university so every so often there's a fracas, the most memorable of which took out a stoplight.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    one time i put on nice clothing and didn't fart publicly once.

Fuck i'm a slob.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    My dad enjoys farting into an elevator just as he exits, so the doors slam shut behind him and traps the fart inside.

So classy.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    My dad enjoys farting into an elevator just as he exits, so the doors slam shut behind him and traps the fart inside.

So classy.

Your Dad is my hero. Not just because of the fart thing, but also because he helped raise two phenomenal daughters.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    tynic wrote: »
    suck up!

Quiet, you!

(maybe)

(but then again I met Viv's sister at her wedding and she was super-duper awesome)

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    My grandad is classy because he doesn't use profanity in front of my grandma, but uses made-up profanity like, "Pistol-shot!" when he wants to say, "Goddammit!" or "Load of nonsense!" when he actually means "Bullshit!"

In all my 37 years, I've only heard him say 'fuck' twice, once on a hunting trip when I was fifteen and the second time was this last Thanksgiving:

"You know my daddy never drank water, right? Only whiskey or beer or coffee."

"Grandpa, are you serious? That's terribly bad for your body!"

"He hated the stuff because fish fuck in it."

And lo did my grandfather pull a fast one on me.

• Options
    The first time I heard my Dad say fuck I was about 15 or 16. I don't remember exactly what brought it about, because I was so shocked when I heard him say it.

On the other hand, I knew every swear word there is by the time I was about 8, because I had heard my Mum say them.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    My mother drove in Houston traffic all of my formative years ... those years are lost ... like tears ... in rain.

I'm sorry, did I say 'tears?'

I meant 'motherfucking cocksuckers.'

My mom is totally classy if you're a merchant sailor.

• Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    The first time I heard my Dad say fuck I was about 15 or 16. I don't remember exactly what brought it about, because I was so shocked when I heard him say it.

On the other hand, I knew every swear word there is by the time I was about 8, because I had heard my Mum say them.

The first time I heard my dad swear I was about 12 I think. He reversed into a car that had, for some reason, snook up behind our parking space as we were pulling out. He exclaimed, and I quote this exactly from memory due to the shocking effect it had on me:

"Sugar!"

I think it was another 10-15 years until he said "fuck", I believe when some calamity occurred at harvest time though I can't remember what now.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I still havent heard either of my parents or grandparents say fuck

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I heard my mom say shit once.

I was scandalized.

When she saw the shocked look on my face and realized that I had heard her say it, she blushed so hard and long that her lower extremities must've started to die due to lack of blood.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    The first time I heard my dad curse at all was when I was about 7 and my brother and I were in our shared bedroom late at night, throwing things at each other across the room and giggling audibly.

My dad had come up few times and patiently told us to go to bed, but like stupid kids we kept pushing it and he eventually barged in and roared

"YOU BOYS BETTER STOP PISS-FARTIN' AROUND AND GET TO BED NOW"

and my brother and I froze stunned for a second, then dove into our respective beds and were all

8JLQGp2.gif

to each other for the rest of the night.

Veldrin on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    SE++ 2015

'Classy to Cussin' to Puking in about a page'

Xaquin on
  • Options
    I won't tell the story because my grandfather always told me it was classier to not talk about it (and he was the classiest guy I've ever known), but there were two times in my life that I was a classy man.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    That post sounds a lot like a gentleman trying to have his class cake and eat his class cake too!

• Options
    Mmmm

Classy cake

It would be three layers topped with a monocle make of sugar

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I'm at Burger King and there's a guy in the booth behind me rolling joints, that seems pretty classy
    If it was a McDonald's, on the other hand...

True story
    My Grandfather one day wanted to go to Mc'ds at 3 or 4pm for some reason
    It's blazing hot in that MC'ds
    We are sitting in that corner booth to our left is two men with a suitcase one is standing the other sitting
    5 minutes later two other guys walk in one has a suit case in each hand the other has 3 one on top of each other across the front of his chest
    No words are exchanged in this awkward obvious drug trade. The suit cases are exchanged the first group goes through the play area the later back the way they came in.

Last year I was very annoyed the neighbor hood I went through did not have the balls to take care of the drug dealers in their neighborhood
    So in this alley I am walking in front of one of them when I am asked if I wanted a hit.
    I ask him how much cash he had on him.
    A confused answer of what? is replied I ask him again how much cash he had on him. A minute later he figures out he is about to get his ass beat and runs for his life
    I think he really did a half mile in 30seconds to get away from me.
    I never saw him again.
    They still closed that alley to combat teenaged drinking and other moral issues.

• Options
    My mother and her friend are talking about how annoying it is to get flipped off on the highway by someone doing something rather dumb.
    Weeks later my mother sees her friend pulls up and flips her off laughing
    Both of them are laughing so much they almost wreck

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I heard we were telling our puke stories in here!

One time I was super super sick around midterms in Korea and my classmate and I had to write and memorize a script to perform for a percentage of said midterm, so I dragged myself to her apartment on the opposite side of the city after school, and she ordered a pizza, which I ate one slice of and was like "oh god no"

And we practiced and studied for like three hours and then her husband came home and insisted on taking us out to dinner, and it's really not easy to refuse that hospitality culturally, so we went out to a ridiculously rich beef restaurant, where I picked gingerly at the food and sipped at the beer they kept handing me

I caught an express bus to the city center finally, feeling like death, and realized the following:

My public transit card was down to the last few cents, enough for the transfer I'd need and no more
    I didn't have my bank card with me
    My cell phone was on the verge of death
    I was totally going to throw up before I made it back home

By the time I got to my transfer bus, which was thankfully empty except for the driver, I knew I wasn't going to make it

So I threw up as quietly as possible into my backpack

(on top of my phone)

Pure class, baby

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Puke? well
    One day I doomed myself by making fun of the fact I had not had a good puke in years.
    I spent the next day puking past the point of dry heaving into a scary point of not quite puking blood but wtf is that.

I remember being quarantined because someone got a nasty flu and brought it on board. so ever so nice to mop up puke and other things because you are the least sick {I remember coughing up something thick and black often]

I remember taco night! and the greasey pukefest that followed! that taste will stay with me. I remember coming back from weeks of training to taco night. I wolfed down my tray and I think went up two more times.
    Hours later you hear someone outside the barracks puking. I thought because a bunch of them were going to go throw a kegger and this was the result O how I was wrong.
    Sometime that night like 4am I awake with a jolt and I know I cannot get to the bathroom fast enough so I throw open the window and from the 3rd floor I puke out the window onto the ground repeatly for 20 minutes

They told us something they gave us that night was bad leading to a severe case of food poisoning

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I have not vomited since the 90s. it's a pretty impressive streak, I think.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited January 2015
    I vomited over the phone to the lady on the NHS 111 line when I had appendicitis last year, I was all "My symptoms are pain in a localised area and nausea oh god I'm so sorry I'm so sorry-" and vomiting. She was still on the phone was did not seem to mind, I was so embarrassed she had to listen to me puke. She was classy. All NHS staff are classy and calm and do not bat an eyelid.

typooos

Liiya on