Options

winter [chat]

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    writing instructions and uploading modpack for the new minecraft world. almost ready to goooooooo

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    @feral @deebaser @Donkey Kong

an idle thought today: what is the preferred format for forms in the USG or US corporate world? the SG govt uses a lot of *.doc and *.pdf, but including fields in the *.doc to incorporate sanity checks is a nice touch.

presently using Reader's Fill & Sign to populate a pdf form. christ it's horrid. there really need to be more freeware pdf editors.

I've always used PDF when we care about version control and doc in more informal settings

@ronya

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Ach my poor throat.

I think I am officially skipping today.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I love you chat

who wants to snuggle?

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    I love you chat

who wants to snuggle?

me

wrap me in clingfilm first for I am diseased

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    I love you chat

who wants to snuggle?

me

wrap me in clingfilm first for I am diseased

of course I wrap all my victi-

I mean friends in clingfilm first already

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Federal US courts mostly use WordPerfect. Officially switching to Word across the board soon.

uh, when

right around the time we all switch to applooglecloud i guess

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    pAHxnsQ.png

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    lH540iy.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    sarah wrote:
    oh my god

oh my god

emerson just threw up in my mouth

oh my god it's my breast milk

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    did you get that shit on video skip

money in the baaank

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Do I have to buy gear for my teammates in Shadowrun Dragonfall DC?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Bulgarian girl's nephew is hilarious about food. Completely unlike his sister, when its time for food if you're not feeding him all the time right now he immediately starts crying. Which has now extended to when he's eating, he swallows his current mouthful and then slams his fist down on his table demanding more.

It is the funniest thing.

• Options
    VsJVGh9.png?1

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Federal US courts mostly use WordPerfect. Officially switching to Word across the board soon.

uh, when

right around the time we all switch to applooglecloud i guess

On second thought, maybe it's only the circuit I'm in that's switching over all at once.

But at any rate they picked some date this year.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Oh God, Geth is a Mass Effect thing.

I understand this board now!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    that casper pic making me laugh

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    new instructions and modpack uploaded! one last restart of the server and it is live

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I made the nerdiest post. It's all over. I'm done for.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

That still exists?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

@bloodyroarxx No you do not

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Neco wrote: »

@bloodyroarxx No you do not

Furthermore, their consumable items recharge each mission, so don't be shy about using their medkits, grenades, and totem fetishes.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    getting up before 8 am: actually the worst thing ever or just literally anime Hitler?

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I wish school wasn't on the other side of town so I could sleep like 30 minutes longer

Also that my bike worked and that it was spring already

this struggle

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    when we say anime hitler are we combining these two negative things or is the idea the concept of a hitler-like figure whose target is anime

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    I like to think that it's what happened when Hitler and Anime were forged together in some sort of insane cosmic accident thus creating the ultimate evil for our time.

It's the Holocaust meets the Rape of Nanking meets stupid waterdrops appearing on people's foreheads.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I like to think that it's what happened when Hitler and Anime were forged together in some sort of insane cosmic accident thus creating the ultimate evil for our time.

It's the Holocaust meets the Rape of Nanking meets stupid waterdrops appearing on people's foreheads.

*falls to knees, gazing skyward*

n-no...

• Options
    when we say anime hitler are we combining these two negative things or is the idea the concept of a hitler-like figure whose target is anime

either/both

for me it started as a reference to Will's title in which case it's definitely number 2

Will's version was especially great combined with his location in Neo-Berlin

• Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Hi, [Chat].

Just popping in. I miss you guys.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Hello Squirm! How's things?

• Options
    NJTVbfg.jpg

• Options
    Squirm!

I would like to take this moment to say just how much I appreciated your Addam's Family episode of PortsCenter.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Haha, I watched what's out so far of Death Parade

Death Parade is an almost entirely episodic short story series where each episode two people appear in a bar not knowing why they're there. They have to compete in a game, like billiards or bowling or darts, during which they remember who they are and that they have just died. The results of the game effects what happens to their souls. It's weird, yet it works surprisingly well, in the tradition of other dark episodic series like Hell Girl or 100 Stories

It mostly pitches super dark, as it tends to focus on each person's darkest regrets and grudges as they realize they're dead. Even the single happy episode so far was actually still pretty messed up.

So I find the opening credits fucking hilarious, because it is SO HAPPY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTMmhQvO1uw

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    Hello Squirm! How's things?

Better. I mean, y'know, my parents are still dead, but they ain't gettin' any deader, so I count that as a win.

Actually, yesterday I had a massive bout of depression, the kind that is literally about nothing. My first one in months. I've decided to see that as a small victory for my brain - if I'm having depressive states due to my actual depression and not, say, the swift and unexpected deaths of both my parents within a two-month period then that's got to mean I'm returning to a state of normalcy, right...?

Maybe I'm just looking for improvement where none exists, but I'm okay with that. Whatever you've got to do to move forward.

That stuff aside, life is good. I've got a great day job, I just bought a car, PortsCenter is a couple of weeks away from debuting on Chainsawsuit Original, I've got two other projects on the go and a third that might see the light of day next year. I'm busy, I'm happy, and I can afford to do things. I'm doing okay.

• Options
    Gim wrote: »
    Squirm!

I would like to take this moment to say just how much I appreciated your Addam's Family episode of PortsCenter.

Thank you! That game was so important to me as a kid - I had the Amiga version, didn't discover the SNES version had extra stuff in it until I got into emulation in the early naughties.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    That is a bright silver lining, Squirm. Good to hear.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    We live behind enemy lines, in hostile territory.The Gnostics were right, this is a world created by the enemy: early risers may look like us, but they are not us, and they have constructed a world fit for them to live in and thus to us painful.

I don't know whether the early risers are lizard people, aliens or chthonic demon shape shifters, but I know that we live in their New World Order and that resistance is all but futile.

Every press of the snooze button is a tiny, desperate act of resistance.

jakobagger on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    "The first thing to know about your penis is, that despite the way it may see, it is not your penis," Driscoll allegedly wrote. "Ultimately, God created you and it is his penis. You are simply borrowing it for a while.

"While His penis is on loan you must admit that it is sort of just hanging out there very lonely as if it needed a home, sort of like a man wondering (sic) the streets looking for a house to live in," Driscoll's post continued. "Knowing that His penis would need a home, God created a woman to be your wife and when you marry her and look down you will notice that your wife is shaped differently than you and makes a very nice home."

though you may believe your hand is shaped like a home, it is not. And, though women other than your wife may look like a home, to rest there would be breaking into another man's home...if you look at a man it is quite obvious that what a homeless man does not need is another man without a home."

• Options
    Gim wrote: »
    Squirm!

Thank you! That game was so important to me as a kid - I had the Amiga version, didn't discover the SNES version had extra stuff in it until I got into emulation in the early naughties.

It's a game that really sticks with you, which is interesting.

But yes, I quite appreciate your whole show and all the minute details it covers. Keep up the good work, can't wait for the new debut!

This discussion has been closed.