Options

Always Be [Chat]ting

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    The problem is I have done it before

The problem will be if you don't pick yourself up from this and attend to your symptoms.

Are people really mad at you, or is that what you think they are?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited February 2015

The problem will be if you don't pick yourself up from this and attend to your symptoms.

My best friend yelled af me my other best friend is mostly just disappointed. I am pissed at myself.

Also I guess this is not really appropriate for chat. I apologize.

Neco on
  • Options

My best friend yelled af me my other best friend is mostly just disappointed. I am pissed at myself

I can totally empathise with that self-anger. And I'm sure your friends are more worried for you than angry with you. Anxiety can manifest as a bunch of different emotions. You're not the first person to fall off the wagon and you won't be the last. The virtue is in never giving up on your goals or yourself.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I sit here waiting and occasionally I think of that guy in my house and my stomach drops and it sucks.

You have a squatter? Or you had a break in?

I had a "I'm a stupid doo doo head and forgot to lock my door and heard said door open at 6am this morning and saw a guy in the dark hallway who said hello and promptly left and I saw him dashing up the street and ugh"

That is terriffying!

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I sit here waiting and occasionally I think of that guy in my house and my stomach drops and it sucks.

You have a squatter? Or you had a break in?

I had a "I'm a stupid doo doo head and forgot to lock my door and heard said door open at 6am this morning and saw a guy in the dark hallway who said hello and promptly left and I saw him dashing up the street and ugh"

That is terriffying!

It is! And it's really tempting to just sit in a corner and hate myself for being so stupid and potentially compromising what is intended to be a safe haven for my sister. But that's counter productive. I've learned something from it, so I pick myself up and keep striving to the goal of having a safe house.

And I picked up that philosophy from a stick figure comic, which probably undermines it but I don't care!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Zampanov wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Zampanov wrote: »
    I have tumbled back down the looking at boots hole

it is a deep hole

i bought my first ever pair of expensive boots a few months ago

quite pleased with them

I want a pair of iron rangers but I have other expenses that take priority over that particular indulgence

so I'm looking at boots that cost half that, still not really intending on a purchase yet

i ended up going with beckmans

26f8e77d9945fb8c6a471a8dc2516109.jpg

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    boot hipsters

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Kana

Up to episode 3 of Death Parade

I'm not sure what, exactly, to make of it. That isn't meant to be disparaging in any way, more that I watch an episode, it ends, and I am left feeling not particularly much at all by the end of it.

• Options
    i don't think rw boots are hipster they are probably the most popular men's boot thing recommended on the internet

they are no more hipster than like, bulleit bourbon or slim fitting suits or any of the other 'modern man' elements recommended by dudes who wish they were james bond

dudes like me i mean

• Options
    I would wear those boots if I had the capability to find anything similar down here in Australia, where shoes I like are impossible to find

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    whargharbl

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    whargharbl

Your cruel treatment of gharbls continue to be unjustified.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM

this bean salad

this fucking bean salad... i have had some over-mayonnaised macaroni salads in my day but this fucking bean salad...

*dry heave*

he even tries to sell his sauces partway through!

i can't even

@skippydumptruck @Donkey Kong @spool32

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Hello and what Echo said.

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Dear 5 a.m.,

You are a cruel and uncaring time. The bad girlfriend of times.

I never want to see you again.
    I don't mean that, baby. I want to be with you next 5 a.m. *kiss kiss*

Your pal,
    _J_

P.S. Please be kind to the gharbls.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    oh geez its 5 am why did I do this

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Lack of sleep is extremely unhealthzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I have a 45 minute presentation to give at 2pm

Zzzz

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    RMS, do you not have a yale lock on your door that locks it whenever the door is closed anyway? Because if you don't, you should get one.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I have a 45 minute presentation to give at 2pm

Zzzz

twenty slides of bourgie girls sitting in empty subway stations in the early afternoon

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    thus giving you five minutes for Q&A

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »
    RMS, do you not have a yale lock on your door that locks it whenever the door is closed anyway? Because if you don't, you should get one.

Locking my door currently requires a key, alas. I'm tempted by Yale, though I will have to talk to my parents about what happened to justify it, since they hold a key to my house. I'm sure they won't mind however.

• Options
    RMS, it's your house, though, right? You can just tell your parents you're getting another lock and give them a second key.

Forgetting to lock your house is a common mistake, to be honest, so don't feel too down about it. I have left my keys in the lock more than once, which is far worse. Yale locks are the answer to this problem, not a strict regime of locking. The yale lock takes the problem entirely out of your hands, and is a far better choice anyway, as if, God forbid, there's a fire or something, you want to be able to get out as fast as possible. With a yale lock you turn the knob and leave. With a normal lock you have to go get the key, insert it and turn it.

The normal lock is for securing your house when you leave it. The yale lock is for securing your house at all times. Two locks are what you want.

• Options
    What are those Yale locks? Are they just locks that are normally locked instead of open?

• Options
    In university my apartment had doors that only had a knob to open from the inside. To get inside again you needed a key.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Cinders wrote: »
    Hey chat peoples

I relapsed and it might kill me

Hugs

What happened?

I drank ten bottles of wine over three days. I dont remember those days or what I was thinking.

Now im having withdrawals and everyone is pissed at me and my stomach is probably bleeding

First of all I'm sorry Neco you have all of my well wishes!

for reals if you think you might need to do doctor times do that because that is the right call

The last time I got wine drunk (three bottles in a night because I really like wine apparently and also I don't ever drink it anymore because) I drunk dialed over a dozen people, half of which talked to me for over 15 minutes according to my phone, 2 of which were ex-girlfriends

on christmas eve

i started dialing after 2am

aaaaand I just realized it's 5:30am. I worked a 12 hour day and I have to be up for work in five hours to go back and actually fully do my work things literally 1 day after fully coming back to work after being on a leave of absence for two and a half months so i am going to go to bed now.

ok gnight chat

• Options
    Haphazard wrote: »
    What are those Yale locks? Are they just locks that are normally locked instead of open?

Exactly. So whenever the door is closed you either need a key or to be on the inside to open them, where you can turn a handle or a knob or something to release the lock. On the outside there's just a cold, unforgiving keyhole above the normal handle and keyhole.

• Options
    The locks at my house are locked by default. You have to willingly override the lock from inside so it stays open. Sure, you could forget that, but it's better than always having to use the key to lock your door.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    whelp, another day of waking up early feeling anxious. was able to fall back asleep at 1:30 a.m. but at 4:00 a.m. I couldn't do it. So here I am at work. I've already put in 37 hours and I have two more days to go. It's a pity that I'm not paid over time. The designers/drafters on this project are making bank.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »

It's a common brand of locks that use a latch to lock on closing. So a key is only required in one direction

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I left home this morning to discover that I had left the door unlocked over night.

Also when I moved in here I thought the lock was broken.

Turned out you need to pull the handle upward first to engage some latches, then you can turn the key all the way.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I left home this morning to discover that I had left the door unlocked over night.

Also when I moved in here I thought the lock was broken.

Turned out you need to pull the handle upward first to engage some latches, then you can turn the key all the way.

That is how my current lock works.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    snowwwww dayyyy time to stab space nazis with a giant goddamn swooooooord

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Man

locks are massively different in different markets

I never thought about it

Yale isn't a type of lock though, they're a manufacturer

and I cannot for the life of me find the kind of thing you're referring to on their site

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    latchbolt, deadlatch, latchsomething

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, all outside doors here will always have 'falling' locks which means that if you shut the door, it's locked.
    It does mean that people occassionaly get locked out though (which means i advice people to trust a neighbour or friend with a set of extra keys, because locksmiths that come to your house are hilariously expensive)

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    snowwwww dayyyy time to stab space nazis with a giant goddamn swooooooord

you should be studying young man

:frown:

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Man

locks are massively different in different markets

I never thought about it

Yale isn't a type of lock though, they're a manufacturer

and I cannot for the life of me find the kind of thing you're referring to on their site

If I had to guess:
    nhjH1Izl.png

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.