Options

NINTENDO 3DS: THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm so glad he flipped the table, because I'll be damned if the 3D isn't near-perfect now. It makes me feel like I've got a new library of games to play with working 3D in them.
    Great, an even BIGGER backlog.....

tumblr_lo8jvg5UQU1qjskio.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    http://nintendoeverything.com/latest-3ds-update-enables-browser-breakout-clone-in-western-new-3ds-systems/
    When the New 3DS launched in Japan last year, it came with a small (but neat) mini-game accessible via the web browser. It’s essentially a breakout clone. After applying today’s 3DS update, people in overseas territories should be able to try out the game as well.

Simply boot up the browser and visit the “New Tab” page. Then tap out the rhythm of the first notes of the Super Mario Bros. level music, and “STAGE SELECT” will appear. It’s now possible to hit a URL made out of bricks.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I saw a 2-pack of Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at Wal-Mart yesterday for $15. Debating if I should go back and pick it up. (Assuming its even there.)

I'd say Layton alone is worth the admission price, or more. But with another game? I don't see how you can lose.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    Has anyone ever "solved" the main mystery in a Layton game before the big reveal at the end? I mean, did you ever guess correctly what was going on? I adore the games, but I always get a big laugh out of the reveal at the end. The Diabolical Box and The Unwound Future are particularly delightful on that aspect.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    physi_marc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever "solved" the main mystery in a Layton game before the big reveal at the end? I mean, did you ever guess correctly what was going on? I adore the games, but I always get a big laugh out of the reveal at the end. The Diabolical Box and The Unwound Future are particularly delightful on that aspect.

The only one I "solved" was Miracle Mask, but only because the writers must have assumed that the player has never seen a movie or read a comic book before.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Layton games are famous for having explanations for the big mystery that are nearly as bonkers as the mystery itself.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    MysfytMysfyt silly bookah Lion's Arch, TyriaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Speaking of the Layton games, has anybody else noticed the physical copies becoming harder to find? I'd been taking my time on getting Azran Legacy because last time I checked (around Christmas?) it seemed like most of the series except for the first one or two were still very easy to find new. But now the newest one isn't even carried by Amazon anymore (and the resellers are really marking them up). Had a bit of a panic attack and found a local Walmart that still had them in stock. Just seems odd, though... I'd always thought these games stayed "in print" a very long time. (And I know I could just download it, but some games I really prefer on cart.)

Mysfyt on
    3DS: 4167-5901-6785
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Most of the games 'reveals' are so bonkers that guessing them would be nearly impossible.

The exception to this is The Miracle Mask and Azran legacy, both of which I had guessed early on because they were so easily spelled out. I loved them anyway.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Layton games are famous for having explanations for the big mystery that are nearly as bonkers as the mystery itself.

Spoilers inbound!

Curious Village:
    Everyone's a clockwork robot! Ok, I can buy that.

Diabolical box:
    Mass shared hallucination. The hallucination on its own I could see, but mass shared?! My initial guess on the whole thing was that the box was just radioactive or something.

Unwound time:
    It's not time travel, it's a whole underground cavern with a duplicate London underneath the real one. Oh and by the way time travel it totes real (the only thing that saved that reveal was how fucking gutwrenching the scene was :sad:

Last Specter:
    Sentient Loch Ness Monster!

Miracle Mask:
    It was the dead friend all along playing David Copperfield. Probably the most normal of the bunch.

Azran Legacy:
    Ancient advanced civilization who apparently never made the equivilant of a Terminator or Matrix movie to know that AI can be a bad thing. And a bunch of "twists" about Layton that don't change his character at all and are honestly really dumb.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2015
    Gamestops across the country are going to have 4 MM3DSXL's each, tommorrow. One per custo. In store only.This is confirmed information.

Edit: proof http://imgur.com/Sk9XBlf

I'd suggest camping now if you want one.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    The Azran Legacy:
    The reveal about his real parents was silly and not really necessary, but the rest of the story was pretty great. The twist with Emmy was sad and made me mad, but oh well.

One thing about the end that I loved though was the direct lead in to The Curious Village. The village coming over the horizon and the classic music made me smile.

God I miss this series. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Gamestops across the country are going to have 4 MM3DSXL's each, tommorrow. One per custo. In store only.This is confirmed information.

Aaaaaaand they're gone. :bigfrown:

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Still bitter about the US' lack of N3DS.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Really? I'd have never known! :P

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So that recent firmware update gives you Home Menu Layouts. You can save up to 8 different layouts of your home menu, saving your theme and icon/folder locations. Seems neat, but my home screen is a hot mess.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    yea I've long given up on trying to manage that too much. I have the games I'm playing right now and things like settings on their own, everything else in a couple folders.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    I hate how it does this weird interlacing thing with the icons when you resize them. Sometimes I like to change the icon size once in a while but then the order of everything gets messed up.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Yup. Four Years Old and already replaced! :rotate:

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I hate how it does this weird interlacing thing with the icons when you resize them. Sometimes I like to change the icon size once in a while but then the order of everything gets messed up.
    The Home icons are organized by columns, so resizing goes something like this:
    13579      147      159
    2468   ->  258  ->  26
               369      37

• Options
    I finally bought a DS game that I've been wanting for a while, Radiant Historia! I should get it next week in the mail. I really hope I like it.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

They are also popping up at various Fry's and there are rumors of target getting some soon.

Also at exactly 3:20pm gamestop will be doing web in store orders for the MM3DSXL. Its a $326 bundle that comes with code name steam, ALBW and some other stuff.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Also if anyone is looking for mm3ds in Dallas there are 6 avail at the Fry's on plano parkway as of 20 min ago. Good luck!

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

Just thought I'd keep you guys and/or gals up to date, y'know.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular

What? No comment about pixel density? I'm disappointed.

• Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    Just walked into Gamestop and bought their last MM 3DS. Does selling it on eBay and using the money to buy a regular one make me a bad person?

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    Just walked into Gamestop and bought their last MM 3DS. Does selling it on eBay and using the money to buy a regular one make me a bad person?

No, not as long as you don't sell it for a premium price.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    Sell it for a big profit! Sure, it makes you a bit of an asshole, but if it upsets you, you can dry your tears on all that extra cash.

• Options
    Dirty wrote: »

I assumed that was implied by now.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

They are also popping up at various Fry's and there are rumors of target getting some soon.

Also at exactly 3:20pm gamestop will be doing web in store orders for the MM3DSXL. Its a $326 bundle that comes with code name steam, ALBW and some other stuff.

I live nowhere near a target or frys. And the online bundle is kind of bullshit. I think we're giving up on this one again.

Sucks, too. My wife was one of the ones who was cancelled from Best Buy. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for it, but hopefully we'll see another cool design in the future.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

I assumed that was implied by now.

I'd assumed he had written the comment out, but all the characters slipped between the huge gaps between each pixel on the N3DS XL screen...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Also if anyone is looking for mm3ds in Dallas there are 6 avail at the Fry's on plano parkway as of 20 min ago. Good luck!

I live nowhere near a target or frys. And the online bundle is kind of bullshit. I think we're giving up on this one again.

Sucks, too. My wife was one of the ones who was cancelled from Best Buy. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up for it, but hopefully we'll see another cool design in the future.

Target may be getting some soon. Dont know if you want to go through all that again though.Target releases for this stuff are a bit like mad max beyond thunderdome.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

Target may be getting some soon. Dont know if you want to go through all that again though.Target releases for this stuff are a bit like mad max beyond thunderdome.

"X men enter, 1 man leaves"

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
      edited March 2015
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      I finally bought a DS game that I've been wanting for a while, Radiant Historia! I should get it next week in the mail. I really hope I like it.

I just did the same thing last week! I added it to my order of a Mega Man amiibo (when Amazon had them for regular price) to push it into Free Shipping amounts. Probably won't get to it for a while, but I'm glad I'll finally have it.

Darth_Mogs on
      Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    • Options
      BubbyBubby Registered User regular
      Sell it for a big profit! Sure, it makes you a bit of an asshole, but if it upsets you, you can dry your tears on all that extra cash.

They're not going for much more than $360-ish on eBay. A far cry from $500 last month.

• Options
      Bubby wrote: »

They're not going for much more than $360-ish on eBay. A far cry from $500 last month.

Good.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
    • Options
      Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular

You and that guy who always posts about how GBA games should be on the 3DS should have a team up.

• Options
      JarsJars Registered User regular
      GBA games should be on the 3ds

• Options
      ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
      I've played plenty of GBA games on my 3DS.

uyvfOQy.png
    • Options
      JarsJars Registered User regular
      I'm using my ds lite more than my 3ds right now because FFTA and knights of lodis are really good games