As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You want to pay me that much to do this [Job]?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Do you ever, like, lose an entire computer?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Gonna write down my ideas

"menagerie... easter bunny's assistant... performing chicken circus..."

I'll give you a hint by describing some job duties:
    1. Clean up baby chick poop
    2. Provide end of life services to suitably enlightened chicks
    3. Revive the ones just taking a nap
    4. Being chicken Jesus
    5. Wear a hub cap diamond star halo
    6. Bang a gong
    7. Get it on
    8. Bang a gong
    9. Carry heavy boxes and bags
    10. Educating customers. Mostly on how chicks will fall over asleep wherever they get tired.

????????

You are Death Of Chickens, guiding them to the after life?

And T-rex is your theme tune

????

• Options
    seriously I can't figure where this laptop has gone

my house is not very big

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Oh I thought that was directed at me. And I had a related story but no I have never lost a computer. Just portions of a radio.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

my house is not very big

Robot stole it.

For drugs

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Gonna write down my ideas

"menagerie... easter bunny's assistant... performing chicken circus..."

I'll give you a hint by describing some job duties:
    1. Clean up baby chick poop
    2. Provide end of life services to suitably enlightened chicks
    3. Revive the ones just taking a nap
    4. Being chicken Jesus
    5. Wear a hub cap diamond star halo
    6. Bang a gong
    7. Get it on
    8. Bang a gong
    9. Carry heavy boxes and bags
    10. Educating customers. Mostly on how chicks will fall over asleep wherever they get tired.

????????

You are Death Of Chickens, guiding them to the after life?

And T-rex is your theme tune

????

Shoot I didn't think you'd figure it out that quick

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Im gonna need to do a crash course in networking ahead of some intense robot related travel this summer. Anyone got links to practical tutorials? I've got some MIT lecture notes and a bunch of online resources but I really need to learn by doing...

We should have a spare router around somewhere, that'll be a start.

Stanford Online has a nice Intro to Computer Networking course. Don't know if it's TOO intro for you, but check it out.

https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/Engineering/Networking-SP/SelfPaced/about

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

my house is not very big

I borrowed it.

Needed more processing to mine these bitcoins.

That's still a topical reference, right?

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    So aside from the mandatory overtime, we're being told we are doing some network shit in building six tonight. I don't normally touch the network, but whatever. I'll help out.
    We then get an email that facilities is doing electrical maintenance tonight. On building six.

I alert the boss and tell him about the conflict and he shrugs and says 'eh. we will work around it.'
    Work around what? You can't do shit to the network when the power is out.
    Also, tonight is supposed to be nacho night at home.
    Woe to the fucker who separates the TRV from his cheesy goodness.
    Hopefully he sees the futility of this endeavour and lets us go home at some decent time.

After the announcement about no merit raises this year my morale is like negative six.

Is this at the mystery new job?
    What happened with that, do you know who you work for now?

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular

my house is not very big

This is exactly what I continue to wonder about the set of keys that vanished in my tiny apartment two weeks ago.

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Last week or so has been super busy with spring break and cherry blossom

last weekend was absolute hell because no amount of planning can help you here

today was a ghost town of a district fatigued from rampant traffic and every square foot of land filled with a cacophony of tourist flesh. The cherry blossoms fall from their branches, spent from their purpose as order is restored to the city. I didn't even care that I was given the shitty bus that was a driving sieve to the rain, I had people laughing as they were getting drenched down there.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    wow. Like, for what??? Criminal background check or something?

I guess.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

my house is not very big

Before you lost it, did you have a dream about eating a giant marshmallow?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    I think my number is being spoofed by somebody. I keep getting calls from people asking why I called them and telling me not to. and asking me to take them off the list.

I'm the only one sitting here and I didn't call anyone. and there is no list. Because I don't make cold calls here. People don't to accept that as an answer.

Maybe one of the agents has their outgoing phone calls set up to give this number. That'd be a butthole move.

At my last position, our number (the helpdesk line) was for some reason the caller ID on all outgoing faxes (like, all of them, for every fax located in all our hospitals in the city) as well as what showed up when someone from IT or the business office called an external number. We got a lot calls from irate people getting faxes to their home phone at 2 in the morning cause someone in the pharmacy fat-fingered a number.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Performance review complete.

Boss gave mostly fours (goes above and beyond) and fives (extraordinary) for me. Seems to want to steer me towards a leader or management role. And basically praised how my productivity levels brought the whole team average up to above expected.

Remuneration review isn't until July but boss hinted strongly that I would be up for significant bump. Providing our new owners approve raises this year.

Oh yeah. New owners. Found that out on Monday. WeGot bought. Again. Fourth time in three years.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

my house is not very big

Robot stole it.

For drugs

What are robot drugs? sweet scripted codes? a de bugger?

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    So aside from the mandatory overtime, we're being told we are doing some network shit in building six tonight. I don't normally touch the network, but whatever. I'll help out.
    We then get an email that facilities is doing electrical maintenance tonight. On building six.

I alert the boss and tell him about the conflict and he shrugs and says 'eh. we will work around it.'
    Work around what? You can't do shit to the network when the power is out.
    Also, tonight is supposed to be nacho night at home.
    Woe to the fucker who separates the TRV from his cheesy goodness.
    Hopefully he sees the futility of this endeavour and lets us go home at some decent time.

After the announcement about no merit raises this year my morale is like negative six.

Is this at the mystery new job?
    What happened with that, do you know who you work for now?

I'm still at old job for the foreseeable future apparently.

Fun thing: on the employee website where we see our pay stubs and time sheets, the guy at DPS is listed as my supervisor. So whenever I put in a time off request or ask to get overtime approved, it goes to a guy who is the supervisor at a place I turned down.

We are supposed to be able to certify our time sheets on the website and everyone in the compound BUT ME can do it. I emailed HR and they said it was some weird paperwork snafu. I'm still getting a check so I don't care much right now. HR lady also said that soon I would be in the system as 50% DoC and 50% Revenue. Not sure if that means I would be moving or not. But basically I work for department A, department B supervisor has to approve overtime and leave and department C will soon account for half of my check. I do not work for B or C in any capacity to my knowledge. So yup. Yup.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    "Random" drug test.

I swear, you do one Google search for legalization....

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I am dragging so much ass at work today.

Like all of it...all of the ass.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    "Random" drug test.

About two years ago while I was still going to school I decided to stop using marijuana only so I could be extremely overt about my use and support for it. No one has drug tested me yet :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    "Random" drug test.

Oh man that is awesome, is it only you?

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular
    I managed to put off having lunch with my supervisor until my last day of work (today). Internally screaming due to nervousness right now. :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I need someone to find me a grant for graduate school so I can take more than one class a semester.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm nervous... I had no time today so I ran into a gas station and bought a pre-packed sandwich for lunch.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    I'm nervous... I had no time today so I ran into a gas station and bought a pre-packed sandwich for lunch.

I saw that episode of Futurama

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Dixon wrote: »
    "Random" drug test.

Oh man that is awesome, is it only you?

Yup. We were talking about it, somebody asked how much Colorado made on taxes and just absentminded typed it into Google hit enter annnnd shit. "Hey guys anybody else want me to lookup something sketchy? I might as well knock it all out at once"

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Well do you have Cannabinol in your system??

Oh shit. I just looked that up on Google to see if I spelled it right, now I'm going to get a random test too??

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

What kind of sandwich? is it green?

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Goddammit. If you already have rounding issues in your code, dividing the intermediate results by another float is not going to help. In fact it's going to make it worse. I wonder how long they'll keep messing around before actually asking what you normally do with prices in a real time system.

Hint, you represent everything as an integer and do scaling on the displays only.

If it isn't too intrusive, do you work for an exchange, or a broker?
    I'm assuming broker because the typical exchange turn around time doesn't suit what you post.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Well do you have Cannabinol in your system??

Oh shit. I just looked that up on Google to see if I spelled it right, now I'm going to get a random test too??

It's cool, we can chill at the lab company

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Whelp. Blog is posted under my name. I disagree with the edits that were made for a few things, but I suppose I have no control of that now.

Wheeeee

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's not NOT green

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

It's not NOT green

Not even super green?

• Options
    Oh man. Awesome idea. I'm gonna make coriander and rosemary bread to bring into work and gross out my coworkers.

Maybe mash up some black garlic and walnuts to use as a condiment.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Had an interview today that went pretty well. They were looking for someone with good customer service skills, and I have customer service experience in spades (though I want to get away from that). Only problem was that, as with all my interviews, it went incredibly quickly despite my throwing in anecdotes, tying things to prior experience, and talking about my goals for the future.

Hopefully I hear good news later this week.

Treated myself to Wendy's new jalapeno chicken sandwich afterward, and it's pretty damn good.

Peccavi on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    "Random" drug test.

About two years ago while I was still going to school I decided to stop using marijuana only so I could be extremely overt about my use and support for it. No one has drug tested me yet :(

What? I get drug tested literally every semester. Sometimes twice a semester.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    TheStig wrote: »
    "Random" drug test.

What? I get drug tested literally every semester. Sometimes twice a semester.

I only got it on entrance and when accepting a job. Everyone in CA is like "ugh, is this still a law? Fine!"

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Had an interview today that went pretty well. They were looking for someone with good customer service skills, and I have customer service experience in spades (though I want to get away from that). Only problem was that, as with all my interviews, it went incredibly quickly despite my throwing in anecdotes, tying things to prior experience, and talking about my goals for the future.

Hopefully I hear good news later this week.

Treated myself to Wendy's new jalapeno chicken sandwich afterward, and it's pretty damn good.

Yaay for good interviews! As an aside, I had that sandwich yesterday.

I hope you have some intestinal fortitude. Morning me did not have kind words for the yesterday me that ate that.

• Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Slept really badly last night, got back to sleep about an hour before I was meant to go to work.

Woke up half an hour after work starts, called my boss and he was totally fine! Ended up coming in an hour late.

He is so chill. Maybe this place isnt so bad after all.

This discussion has been closed.