As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Thread: Summer Sale is here! (Charity Drive post Pg.41+ Link at top of OP)

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    So steam is being kind of sluggish and I now have a purchase listed as 'pending' and my wallet hasn't changed amounts.

Don't panic and wait for it to resolve itself?

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Whatever you do, don't complain to Steam Support. They might suspend your account for six months.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    I just hit 'cancel' on it under the 'transactions' list, and rebought it.

If it does something stupid like take the money out again later, it's only 2.99.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Gamemaster @akajaybay sent me a PM with a Humble link:

XMpPnRA.jpg

Yes! Thanks for Grim Fandango Remastered! I feel bad that a 1 point tallying error caused you to have to send out a whole 'nother ship's worth of gifts, but I'm not really surprised given your epic generosity. Thank you so much!

See folks, math is your friend - stay in school!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    Christ, Houn...a perfect chance to insert a Monty Python reference and you fucking muffed it.

I'm moving a little slow today, so I have no idea what reference I missed inserting there.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    I've spent the British Bank holiday weekend in the traditional fashion, a trip to B&Q and some DIY/decorating. Fun. The perfect antidote to a tiring day spent painting? Being the Goddamn Batman! I've fired up Arkham Asylum for another run through. I'd forgotten just how right the combat in it feels. I also love the Joker in this so much.
    I wish he was around for City too :(

Also decided to install Shadowrun Returns since it's been sitting in my library for a long time, I better see what all the fuss is about.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    @Iolo

n6ic1EY.png

Classiness to crewmates to the Infinite degree!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Boo Humble Store!

kEjrA5h.jpg

Boo I say!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Seeing your pic made me remember to see if they'd resolved their amazon payments issue. They haven't. Instead they've found a bitcoin issue. I mean, I wasn't ever going to pay with bitcoin, but it's pretty disheartening to see them shit the bed so hard during their sale. Also I want to buy a thing but not on my credit card since I have money in my amazon payments account.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    so just loaded up Steam and @Iolo sent me Shadowrun: Dragonfall!

YnQC3Ms.jpg

Thanks so much! Very proud to have served on the Rougelike with you as well, we had an awesome run! I've had my eyes on Dragonfall for awhile, much much <3<3<3! I've gotten so many gifts from participating in Steam Battle that I feel I most definitely need to give back if only in a small way at the moment, so I made these giveaways! Open to all Adventure team members, they all end on Wednesday!

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    Christ, Houn...a perfect chance to insert a Monty Python reference and you fucking muffed it.

I'm moving a little slow today, so I have no idea what reference I missed inserting there.

I think it's due to your third question.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Whatever you do, don't complain to Steam Support. They might suspend your account for six months.

And remove everything you've bought since August 2014.

Edit: This was my message in the support ticket:
    Since I first opened this ticket, I am missing several titles from my Library. Several are installed with play time, but have a Purchase button instead of a Play button. Others that weren't installed are missing entirely. This seems to be affecting any game I purchased since about August 11th, 2014. Gifts and CD keys seem to be unaffected.

and this was the reply I got just now
    Please provide a screenshot of the error(s) you are seeing.

Follow the appropriate link below for information:

Title: Saving a Screenshot on a PC
    Link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9943-WOLN-6452

Title: Saving a Screenshot on a Mac
    Link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4545-SDXV-0334

Title: Saving a Screenshot on Linux
    Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2767-WKLC-0354

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

smh

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »
    Each Steam thread is witcher than the last.

Heh, that made me think of this comic so I had to do an edit. Behold my terrible editing skills and despair:
    AZvqXIt.jpg

When next big game X comes out we'll gush about it for a number of weeks/months. I know that will be the case with Just Cause 3 but since that is over a half a year away I'm sure other games will fill the void.

I'd expected that link to be this one.

i-3CnvcCW-1050x10000.jpg

• Options

Since I first opened this ticket, I am missing several titles from my Library. Several are installed with play time, but have a Purchase button instead of a Play button. Others that weren't installed are missing entirely. This seems to be affecting any game I purchased since about August 11th, 2014. Gifts and CD keys seem to be unaffected.

smh

You need to start randomly tweeting shit like "@Valve Removed my games for no reason", and posting about it on Reddit. After the news sites start running with it, your shit will get fixed.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular

smh

You need to start randomly tweeting shit like "@Valve Removed my games for no reason", and posting about it on Reddit. After the news sites start running with it, your shit will get fixed.

Yeah, you really should do something because they have to give you back your shit, since you didn't do anything wrong.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular

smh

On the one hand, I don't use twitter and rarely use Reddit. On the other, I'm almost curious to see how far this goes. It's reaching epic levels of crap.

I'm really not one to cause a scene, but I'm also in the boat where $330 is a ridiculous amount of money and I sure as hell am not just throwing it away.

I have embraced Steam whole-heartedly for years, but I'm starting to see the dark side of downloadable games.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I wish there was some program out there that would collate all the places that sell Steam legit steam keys and had it so you could set a minimum price for a game so if it ever went on sale for that price or below, it'd fire off an e-mail to you to let you know. Enhanced Steam keeps an eye on that stuff, but you have to manually check it.

I know wishlist items send of an e-mail, when they're on sale, but that's just for Steam, and it's for any old sale.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I wish there was some program out there that would collate all the places that sell Steam legit steam keys and had it so you could set a minimum price for a game so if it ever went on sale for that price or below, it'd fire off an e-mail to you to let you know. Enhanced Steam keeps an eye on that stuff, but you have to manually check it.

I know wishlist items send of an e-mail, when they're on sale, but that's just for Steam, and it's for any old sale.

I think http://isthereanydeal.com/ does that.

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Guys, the Humble store is being weird. I'm getting this message:
    CdRfqWy.png

Except I didn't buy anything from them, @iolo did. Apparently I was deserving of this because I was his crewmember? I seem to remember getting injured a lot and then being vapourized, but hey, thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options

smh

On the one hand, I don't use twitter and rarely use Reddit. On the other, I'm almost curious to see how far this goes. It's reaching epic levels of crap.

I'm really not one to cause a scene, but I'm also in the boat where $330 is a ridiculous amount of money and I sure as hell am not just throwing it away.

I have embraced Steam whole-heartedly for years, but I'm starting to see the dark side of downloadable games.

Maybe get in touch with Polygon or PC Gamer and see if they're interested in the story.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Time for another round of RoyceSraphim's game ideas.

A mercenary game where you steal, buy, build, and research all sorts of weapons and ordinance, making yourself a larger and larger empire with bigger and bigger missions, until you have your own country/planet.

I'm talking mercenaries 1 and 2 where you were stealing enemy gear, but in this game you are extracting it back to base to reverse engineer and/or staff it with your own crew. I'm talking building a force from the ground up with skill trees and customization.

Really need to commit to XCOM, Jagged Alliance 2 1.83, and UFOAI (has that been updated yet?).

MGS Portable Ops and Peace Walker are sort of like this. You're only playing one person (Snake or a mercenary), but you're looking to steal goods and recruit (read: kidnap and brainwash) more mercs.

Sounds to me though that you just need to play JA2 1.83 and give that part of your brain a good scratch. Just remember that TAB makes your dudes walk backwards, so be careful when alt-tabbing outta the game or your in-game experience will get weird.

Are you talking about JA2 1.13 or is there something new I don't know about?

Nothing new, I just unintentionally carried forth the typo because I recalled it was 1.something that was the excellent mod-to-have when you've played through vanilla JA2

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The results are in, and they were quite a bit easier to tabulate than I had expected. Maybe next time i'll pick games that everyone doesn't already have, though i'm glad so many people have played these.

@SteevL wins the coin toss and gets Mercenary Kings, though I felt bad that the only other entry for that game was being left out. So, @Florin gets a copy as well.

@cB557 managed to find an infinite loop bug in the logic of the rules I set for this little contest. Hard to have a reroll for a duplicate win when there's only one entry. As such, he gets both Risk of Rain and Gunpoint.

No one entered for The Swapper, which means i'll just give it out to someone on my friends list who has it on their wishlist.

Geth, roll 1d4

Congrats guys, hope you enjoy them :)

1d4 2 [1d4=2]

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »

smh

Maybe get in touch with Polygon or PC Gamer and see if they're interested in the story.

Oh man, I don' t know. I don't feel it's that big of a deal, quite yet. I'll wait to see if they try to refuse to restore my licenses or something. At the moment, the story would be "guy screws up, Steam refunds money but fumbles the mouse knocking over a bottle of water that shorts out the computer causing a fire to burst forth from the electrical socket that quickly engulfs the wall and then while panicking they bump into a coworker who falls out of a window landing on a car that then rolls down a hill into the path of a bus full of nuns causing an explosion that knocks out the power for 7 city blocks."

• Options

smh

Oh man, I don' t know. I don't feel it's that big of a deal, quite yet. I'll wait to see if they try to refuse to restore my licenses or something. At the moment, the story would be "guy screws up, Steam refunds money but fumbles the mouse knocking over a bottle of water that shorts out the computer causing a fire to burst forth from the electrical socket that quickly engulfs the wall and then while panicking they bump into a coworker who falls out of a window landing on a car that then rolls down a hill into the path of a bus full of nuns causing an explosion that knocks out the power for 7 city blocks."

Screw that, $330 is a pretty big deal, and that Steam's customer service is too inept to even provide you with a way to properly work with them to correct their error should be infuriating. This is everything we feared about the All Digital Future: a company doesn't have to be malignant, just staffed with incompetence to fuck people over.

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    @Shade is evil, also Steam is kinda screwey.

I tried to gift him Painkiller Black for his birthday, but apparently he already has it and steam just forgot.
    so now I have Painkiller because I just gifted myself....

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Thanks @Aistan !

I had actually considered entering for the Swapper as well, but I wasn't as interested in it and I hadn't wanted to possibly take the game from someone who had wanted it more, funnily enough.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    @Shade is evil, also Steam is kinda screwey.

I tried to gift him Painkiller Black for his birthday, but apparently he already has it and steam just forgot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyy9gyKIZLg

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    The results are in, and they were quite a bit easier to tabulate than I had expected. Maybe next time i'll pick games that everyone doesn't already have, though i'm glad so many people have played these.

@SteevL wins the coin toss and gets Mercenary Kings, though I felt bad that the only other entry for that game was being left out. So, @Florin gets a copy as well.

@cB557 managed to find an infinite loop bug in the logic of the rules I set for this little contest. Hard to have a reroll for a duplicate win when there's only one entry. As such, he gets both Risk of Rain and Gunpoint.

No one entered for The Swapper, which means i'll just give it out to someone on my friends list who has it on their wishlist.

Geth, roll 1d4

Thanks! I've been looking to try Mercenary Kings out for a while now.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    Shade is evil, also Steam is kinda screwey.

Yeah, I think Steam has 2 entries for Painkiller Black which causes a lot of confusion. The "old" one that most people own still shows up in your library but it no longer has a store page. Then there's the second newer entry with a different appid, that's the one in the store right now and that only a handful of people from my friends list have. As far as I can tell there's no difference between them and I have no idea why they did this.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LevantLevant Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's a similar weirdness that's making the GTA games show up twice on my profile.

• Options
    Levant wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's a similar weirdness that's making the GTA games show up twice on my profile.

They used to on mine (as did the older Civ games) because they had separate entries for the PC and Mac versions. Maybe that's what's causing the Painkiller weirdness. I thought they fixed all that ages ago. But, y'know... Steam.

• Options
    edited May 2015

smh

Screw that, $330 is a pretty big deal, and that Steam's customer service is too inept to even provide you with a way to properly work with them to correct their error should be infuriating. This is everything we feared about the All Digital Future: a company doesn't have to be malignant, just staffed with incompetence to fuck people over.

Also, @Sir Carcass : email Gaben.

Jazz on
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular

smh

I would get it resolved because $330 is quite a bit of money. Even if it's not, that's still money that is technically being stolen from you. Doesn't matter if it was an unintentional mistake or not. Also it's not just helping yourself, it's helping steam and other steam customers because this shouldn't be happening and getting it resolved, means it's less likely to happen again.

• Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »

Geth, roll 1d4

@Aistan Thanks again man! He sent me a humble Swapper key. Def want to give it a try

• Options
    Also: email Gaben.

I did, over a week ago. No response. Though I haven't mentioned the missing games to him. Hmmm.
    Mill wrote: »

smh

I would get it resolved because $330 is quite a bit of money. Even if it's not, that's still money that is technically being stolen from you. Doesn't matter if it was an unintentional mistake or not. Also it's not just helping yourself, it's helping steam and other steam customers because this shouldn't be happening and getting it resolved, means it's less likely to happen again.

I think I'm going to wait and see where Steam Support goes before I start escalating. As I mentioned, $330 is a ridiculous amount for me and only happens because of Christmas money, but I'll give them a chance to make it right. I just wish they didn't take so goddamned long between messages. I'm on day 20 since this started. Response times seem to vary between 4 and 7 days per message.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I wasn't aware there were rules about giftings, but @Halfazedninja was kind enough to educate me.
    lb1tebplsqa5.jpg

And then, while I was taking evidence of the above, to remind me in the future. What do I see but more gifts!
    zkb8f4dnht85.jpg

Thank you for Magicka 2, Echo Prime, and Crash & Burn!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Remind me never to talk to @destroyah87 about rules...

6y4cbngb7inj.gif

7i66qmwh9ae6.gif

rd08e6kbmhq4.gif

Thanks!

1.gif 110.2K
    2.gif 90.3K
    3.gif 96.3K
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    What.

Nevermind, Steam thread.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    So today's Daily Deal - Styx: Master of Shadows. I've had it on my wishlist since it was announced but kept it at arms length due to the price and the Cyanide Studios Effect. About 10 bucks brings it down into the temptation zone, yet I note that most of the people my my friendslist have only played it for about an hour and a half at most. The game is pretty well reviewed, so is there anything I'm missing?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TeeMan wrote: »
    So today's Daily Deal - Styx: Master of Shadows. I've had it on my wishlist since it was announced but kept it at arms length due to the price and the Cyanide Studios Effect. About 10 bucks brings it down into the temptation zone, yet I note that most of the people my my friendslist have only played it for about an hour and a half at most. The game is pretty well reviewed, so is there anything I'm missing?

Steam thread ADD?

This discussion has been closed.