As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] Thread: Summer Sale is here! (Charity Drive post Pg.41+ Link at top of OP)

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    So i finished Remember Me last night. I know people here have recommended it, but I just didn't know how good it was. It's got one of the most original and unique plots and mechanics I've seen in a video game. If you have this in your backlog, I would recommend playing it sooner rather than later. It doesn't take long to finish either. Steam clocked me in at slightly over 12 hours. The gameplay is solid, and the game is also gorgeous. I am pleasantly surprised by how good the game is.

@Talus9952 - have you played Life is Strange yet? Same devs. Similar sort of rewind mechanic. Gorgeous art. Great story. No annoying platforming.

@Pixelated Pixie

No I have not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    So I'm a sucker (and on bundles they can still accept amazon payments there, but not in the store... so weird) and bought the base tier. Anybody have a WiiU and want a copy of Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    A quick warning about the new Humble Bundle.
    The Humble Nindie Bundle is region-locked and can only be redeemed on North, Central, and South American Wii U and 3DS consoles (with the exception of Brazil).

I'm not ecstatic about Humble okaying that.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    The Humble Nindie Bundle is region-locked and can only be redeemed on North, Central, and South American Wii U and 3DS consoles (with the exception of Brazil).

It's not Humble Bundle okaying that, it's Nintendo's eShop region locking things.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »

It's not really up to them here, sadly. Uncle nintendo is big on region locking.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    So, someone's cake day approaches. That means, gifts for you!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Ends in 3 days. Good luck everyone!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    From their feed: Double Fine has acquired the publishing and IP rights to their game, Iron Brigade (formerly "Trenched"), allowing them to remove GFWL:

www.doublefine.com
    San Francisco - May 26, 2015 - Double Fine Productions, developer and publisher of the successfully-crowdfunded games Broken Age and Massive Chalice, is adding another game to its list of self-published titles. Iron Brigade on PC, Mac, and Linux will now be published under the Double Fine label. The developer has also regained ownership of the intellectual property.

Double Fine is releasing an update to the Steam version of the game. In addition to bug fixes and improvements, the original matchmaking system has been removed and replaced with matchmaking via Steam.

“The great thing about this change is that now there are no obstacles to us creating the best possible experience for players,” said the game’s creator, Brad Muir. “We have fixed all known issues as well as provided a great matchmaking experience for multiplayer. Vlad and his Monovision Menace are on the move again! In the best possible way!”

Originally released in 2011, Iron Brigade was popular among players for its unique combination of tower defense and mech shooter gameplay. IGN called Iron Brigade, “the best downloadable game [they’ve] played all year.” Going on to say “Its skillful blend of witty writing, fun shooting, and tactical tower defense makes for hours of replayable gameplay.”

The update was released today for PC, Mac, and LINUX via Steam. To celebrate, the game is currently available for 80% off.

There are currently no plans to rename the game, “Trenched.”

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »
    From their feed: Double Fine has acquired the publishing and IP rights to their game, Iron Brigade (formerly "Trenched"), allowing them to remove GFWL:

www.doublefine.com
    San Francisco - May 26, 2015 - Double Fine Productions, developer and publisher of the successfully-crowdfunded games Broken Age and Massive Chalice, is adding another game to its list of self-published titles. Iron Brigade on PC, Mac, and Linux will now be published under the Double Fine label. The developer has also regained ownership of the intellectual property.

Double Fine is releasing an update to the Steam version of the game. In addition to bug fixes and improvements, the original matchmaking system has been removed and replaced with matchmaking via Steam.

“The great thing about this change is that now there are no obstacles to us creating the best possible experience for players,” said the game’s creator, Brad Muir. “We have fixed all known issues as well as provided a great matchmaking experience for multiplayer. Vlad and his Monovision Menace are on the move again! In the best possible way!”

Originally released in 2011, Iron Brigade was popular among players for its unique combination of tower defense and mech shooter gameplay. IGN called Iron Brigade, “the best downloadable game [they’ve] played all year.” Going on to say “Its skillful blend of witty writing, fun shooting, and tactical tower defense makes for hours of replayable gameplay.”

The update was released today for PC, Mac, and LINUX via Steam. To celebrate, the game is currently available for 80% off.

Awesome News! I should go back and finish Iron Brigade. I liked that game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    DegiGames is part of the Steam Midweek Madness, but note that part of that is also a giveaway of 50 copies of the game PhantomBreaker on SteamGifts, as well as a giveaway of games and Steam credit.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    -snrk?-

"Cloned, sir."

-Yesh, yesh. My unfailingly loyal clones! Carry on, corner the global sardine market, jolly good!-

"And you reckon he was less crazy before?"

-Very model of a contemporary foxtrot hooligan adjective confused dromedary-

"Nevertheless."

"Nonsense word, that."

"Shut up and turn the knob."

-SNRK?-

"Hey boss, someone made a disloyal clone of you that wants to take over the world!"

Oh. Is it doing a terribly good job?

"Not at all."

The sardine angle?

"Covered."

Excellent. Release the Spider-Kraken.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    This time I didn't start it I swear! I was playing Marvel Heroes and when I closed it I was greeted with this:

198mlpmndmgn.gif

Thanks @destroyah87

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @Basil ! I MISSED YOU, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MY SNUGGLEMUFFIN. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    This time I didn't start it I swear! I was playing Marvel Heroes and when I closed it I was greeted with this:

You're very welcome.

Iron Brigade is 2.99 right now. It's easily worth that much, in my opinion.

With GFWL excised from it, I might have decided to fling a few copies about. :biggrin:

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    -snrk?-

"Cloned, sir."

-Yesh, yesh. My unfailingly loyal clones! Carry on, corner the global sardine market, jolly good!-

"And you reckon he was less crazy before?"

-Very model of a contemporary foxtrot hooligan adjective confused dromedary-

"Nevertheless."

"Nonsense word, that."

"Shut up and turn the knob."

-SNRK?-

"Hey boss, someone made a disloyal clone of you that wants to take over the world!"

Oh. Is it doing a terribly good job?

"Not at all."

The sardine angle?

"Covered."

Excellent. Release the Spider-Kraken.

I feel like this is a reference to something, but I have no idea what.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    myaaa8brgei6.jpg

What? What craziness is this? I had nothing to do with anything @ReverseCreations did. Ever. He's 100% guilty on his own, with no assistance from me. If he tells you otherwise, it's because he's delirious from the meds and can't be trusted.

Thanks to @destroyah87 for Iron Brigade, which I've heard is a good thing. <3<3<3

Monster.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    @CorriganX Ahoy. I was spending some time with family and one thing led to another and I had to buy out a bunch of fisheries for Pooky and also eye surgery!

I can actually read without crocodile tears today, pretty keen. Looking at fully corrected twenny-twenny pretty soon.

I also developed Big Plans which I shall seranade y'all with.

Best wishes, friend chatters. Don't take anything my traitor clone did to heart.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    q8zhf2119pfg.jpg
    I was just laying down getting a small bit of extra rest when I look over at my monitor and see this, Destroyah you classy monster!

Thanks @destroyah87

1C54320038BDF735D2D088D168D6275F7F2FBE3C
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    My steam wishlist no longer shows prices? When did that happen, because it's annoying as heck.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Bigity wrote: »
    My steam wishlist no longer shows prices? When did that happen, because it's annoying as heck.

Prices?

Wait. This stuff costs money?

Suddenly my bank statements make WAY more sense...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Moon chronicles had better not be a sequel to moon on the DS, I can't afford a new one and my wrist barely survived the originally.

Great FPS action, one of the better games XPlay recommended to me. Their critique of RAGE was also spot on.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Alien Isolation was easily handily the best game of last year so people should enter that contest.

• Options
    So for any of you wondering about Akiba's trip (Which you probably looked at hte title, and the videos...and the premise and went "NOPE") I played a bit. Port isn't great. Didn't expect it to be. It runs, I guess, and you can choose resolution...that's about it. It crashed on me within the first 5 minutes....

However the cards are going to sell for silly money.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Orogogus wrote: »

www.doublefine.com

Holy shit, I didn't think that would happen. Iron Brigade was such a great game. I mostly played it with my brother on XBLA. I was disappointed to hear that it had some issues which they had blamed on GFWL. I have a feeling it's a bit too late for the game to regain any sort of community at this stage, but I do hope they can make a proper sequel.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Moon chronicles had better not be a sequel to moon on the DS, I can't afford a new one and my wrist barely survived the originally.

Great FPS action, one of the better games XPlay recommended to me. Their critique of RAGE was also spot on.
    According to wikipedia, it's a remake.

Langly gave me a code for it, and I just beat the first episode. First impression was a bit dull but a few minutes later I was fighting a four armed security robot with a seemingly completely pointless face and firing at its glowing red weakspots with my alien energy-pistol, and it was just impossible to take seriously in the best way.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I haven't kept up with it at all, but I see Audiosurf 2 is out of early access. And there's a demo.

Unsurprisingly, it seems very similar to the first Audiosurf.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Alien Isolation was easily handily the best game of last year so people should enter that contest.

But it's the best at extracting poop from the player. No matter how well it does it that's not a service I want.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    So for any of you wondering about Akiba's trip (Which you probably looked at hte title, and the videos...and the premise and went "NOPE") I played a bit. Port isn't great. Didn't expect it to be. It runs, I guess, and you can choose resolution...that's about it. It crashed on me within the first 5 minutes....

You could tell it wasn't going to be the best port when a Vita game has a minimum requirement of 6GB of RAM and 1GB of VRAM on PC (Vita has 512RAM and 128VRAM for comparison).

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Hey Konami; put Symphony of the Night and all the other Castlevania games of that style onto steam, and I'll give you money. Deal?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Sumanai wrote: »

You could tell it wasn't going to be the best port when a Vita game has a minimum requirement of 6GB of RAM and 1GB of VRAM on PC (Vita has 512RAM and 128VRAM for comparison).

To be fair, they may have (and should have) been porting the PS3 version.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »

It's the PS4 version though, which does have some improvements, so that doesn't really matter.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    I'm a victim of @destroyah87's budgeting.

iPXeON6.jpg

Thanks so much! Your generosity never ceases to astound!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Ha! Isy nailed you guys good. I've already been Witchered by someone here, so I am immune this one time. =)

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Ha! Isy nailed you guys good. I've already been Witchered by someone here, so I am immune this one time. =)

No one is immune. I'm sure you'll be hit with something...

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I got my Witcher 3 from the mysterious Nobody.
    So thanks again for that.

I think I may have given myself some kind of ADD. Keep checking various threads way too often. Need to pull myself together and do some work or something.

• Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    Hey Konami; put Symphony of the Night and all the other Castlevania games of that style onto steam, and I'll give you money. Deal?

Konami in a nutshell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular

iPXeON6.jpg

Just wanted to quote this so I could witter about Tales from the Borderlands. Telltale actually managed to do this one right. There's a dual narrative structure, with decisions made in one branch impacting the other. There's a vague overarching framework that takes place a bit in the "future" of the game, leaving the player to decide how the characters ended up in the future situation by setting up their characters in the "past".

It's incredibly pretty for a Telltale game - the bright, clean palette really works, and it manages to avoid both Borderlands muddy brown obsession, and Telltale's odd uncanny valley thing (see: Game of Thrones Game).

I'm not massively sold on the QTE's and action sequences, but they range from OK to bearable, and don't overwhelm a sharp, witty narrative. Or a great soundtrack.

And it's funny. Oh, my yes, it is funny.

...anyway, rant over. But I do want episode 3 now.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I have the two previous Witcher games and haven't played them yet so I'm immune to Witcher 3 desire.

Arkham Knight on the other hand might get my birthday moneys.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I have the two previous Witcher games and haven't played them yet so I'm immune to Witcher 3 desire.

Arkham Knight on the other hand might get my birthday moneys.

I am your evil opposite.

I am super hype for Witcher 3, but am morally obligated to play them now so I can buy it. I have no interest in Arkham Knight because, in my opinion, Asylum was the best Batvania ever and City, while good, traded that for being GTA: Batmans, and I just don't care for the change in direction.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    CroakerBC wrote: »

iPXeON6.jpg

Just wanted to quote this so I could witter about Tales from the Borderlands. Telltale actually managed to do this one right. There's a dual narrative structure, with decisions made in one branch impacting the other. There's a vague overarching framework that takes place a bit in the "future" of the game, leaving the player to decide how the characters ended up in the future situation by setting up their characters in the "past".

It's incredibly pretty for a Telltale game - the bright, clean palette really works, and it manages to avoid both Borderlands muddy brown obsession, and Telltale's odd uncanny valley thing (see: Game of Thrones Game).

I'm not massively sold on the QTE's and action sequences, but they range from OK to bearable, and don't overwhelm a sharp, witty narrative. Or a great soundtrack.

And it's funny. Oh, my yes, it is funny.

...anyway, rant over. But I do want episode 3 now.

That should be here sometime around June

Seriously though, they are slow. Need more TFTBL, quick like.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I got my Witcher 3 from the mysterious Nobody.
    So thanks again for that.

I think I may have given myself some kind of ADD. Keep checking various threads way too often. Need to pull myself together and do some work or something.

You're on the latest roster so you should go catch up on Fanda's XCom let's play now that you're done with Steam Battle.

Bring your potato.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.