Options

John Byrne Cover [chat] (OP NSFish for 56k)

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I wonder how popular The Thing is among people who winter in Antarctica

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Fucking cripes I just got a spotify ad for an oil pipeline with the argument that it will "let us shut down dirty old coal plants"

Yes, same company that owns the coal plants. I totally trust that your new, equally fucked oil pipeline that you'll never maintain is super totally designed to help out the environment and not at all just a boondoggle of a business deal you figure you can railroad through because who cares about people in the sticks.

Coal is the worst though

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Hockey Guy
    Just go to half of the gulf coast if you want swamp ass so bad you masochist.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Passports should be mandatory. Americans are so lazy about international travel. I think it would legitimately reduce levels of xenophobia.

"Lazy"? Have you looked at the price of international travel? Have you correlated that with wealth inequality statistics?

International Travel is well beyond the reach of most Americans.

Have you looked into the cost of passports

they're pretty cheap

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Passports should be mandatory. Americans are so lazy about international travel. I think it would legitimately reduce levels of xenophobia.

"Lazy"? Have you looked at the price of international travel? Have you correlated that with wealth inequality statistics?

Canada and Mexico are well within reach and require passports. Caribbean cruises too, if you're in a gulf or southern Atlantic state. Lots of my poorer relatives save up for Vegas or buy campers for way more than the cost of a coach flight for 4 from the east coast to Europe. I think laziness / fear / procedural hurdles trip up plenty of Americans.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I actually, legit, 100% want to visit Japan

not because lolweeabooanimeslolitas

because I need to know what it's really like

for example I have heard Tokyo is a complete swamp in the summer

but can it be swampier than the Northeast US?? Only travel will tell
    my understanding is that about once a month there'll be some heavy rain and then a fog will roll in

and if you turn on the TV at midnight...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I just got a new passport

My old one was pretty full of stamps and visas

There were some cool ones

I liked getting a boat stamp and a train stamp for travel within Europe that i did via boat and train

poo
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    @Donkey Kong So wait did you go to Antarctica or am I making this up?

I did go to Antarctica. In my defense, it was a high school field trip!

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    People don't get passports because it's not like they could actually afford to make use of them unless they drove to Canada or Mexico and hell you probably don't even need them there for all I know.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    my flight to cancun the other week was 400 r/t

poo
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Canada and Mexico are well within reach and require passports. Caribbean cruises too, if you're in a gulf or southern Atlantic state. Lots of my poorer relatives save up for Vegas or buy campers for way more than the cost of a coach flight for 4 from the east coast to Europe. I think laziness / fear / procedural hurdles trip up plenty of Americans.

to build on your original point

i feel like americans thinking is WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE THAN AMERICA

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I wonder how popular The Thing is among people who winter in Antarctica

According to IMDb trivs, it's kindof a mandatory tradition at the research camps. :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I've been playing a lot of starbound again recently. I think i'm up to the 3rd boss and my 4th base.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Fucking cripes I just got a spotify ad for an oil pipeline with the argument that it will "let us shut down dirty old coal plants"

Yes, same company that owns the coal plants. I totally trust that your new, equally fucked oil pipeline that you'll never maintain is super totally designed to help out the environment and not at all just a boondoggle of a business deal you figure you can railroad through because who cares about people in the sticks.

Coal is the worst though

Oh it is.

But this pipeline has 100% got nothing to do with the coal plant shutdowns in my state. Those were achieved, with great effort, by people who were fighting against the assholes who put out this commercial.

Now they have another bright idea for some poorly-maintained and dangerous energy infrastructure that has no practical positive impact on the lives of anyone in the state and they're trying to sell it as a fucking environmentalist project.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    TTODewback wrote: »
    People don't get passports because it's not like they could actually afford to make use of them unless they drove to Canada or Mexico and hell you probably don't even need them there for all I know.
    you definitely don't for canada

edit: never mind, you do now

Elendil on
  • Options

I feel like a Caribbean cruise almost doesn't count as leaving the country.

I am not shitting you when I say that pretty much every port of call I've been to in the Atlantic has a TGI Fridays.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I finally have my passport in my name it is the best.

• Options
    Ecuador is awesome, cheap and uses the us dollar. Would recommend

• Options

I am not shitting you when I say that pretty much every port of call I've been to in the Atlantic has a TGI Fridays.
    to say nothing of fucking canada

no offense canada

but honestly

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

there used to be a tgi fridays near me i enjoyed the trashy fud its gone now tho rip

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    you definitely don't for canada

edit: never mind, you do now

It's fuckers like you who held up the goddamn bus every single time.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    the robot operators FAKE TYPING SOUNDS NOW

• Options
    Of course going into the US, the bus was held up because no one at the US side of the border setup spoke French. No one.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    lol somebody just pointed out to me that womens body hair is considered so nasty that in womens razor adverts they shave an already shaved leg LOL

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    guys did you ever notice how in razer ads women's legs are already shaved?

mak u think

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I actually, legit, 100% want to visit Japan

not because lolweeabooanimeslolitas

because I need to know what it's really like

for example I have heard Tokyo is a complete swamp in the summer

but can it be swampier than the Northeast US?? Only travel will tell

There are a lot of really neat old buildings in Japan, if you're into that kind of thing. Shrines, castles, etc.

• Options
    hey guys have you seen those women's shaving ads?

did you ever notice how they're already shaved?

• Options
    go to japan in april

that is when i went

i visited my bro in kyoto and then my friend in yokohama

and there were CHERRY BLOSSOMS EVERYWHERE

poo
  • Options
  • Options
    go to japan in april

that is when i went

were there ladies in yukata!?!?

• Options
    go to japan in april

that is when i went

were there ladies in yukata!?!?

yes

though a lot of them were chinese tourists

poo
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I wish i could remember the halcyon days of being able to enter Canada without a passport

we were so innocent then

so naive

My friend who is the most Mr. Rogers wholesome and inoffensive dude in the universe recently went to Canada to visit a lover. He said border guards on the way out of the US were outstandingly imperious dicks in every way possible.

• Options
    Hey guys
    women
    shaving
    its great
    but those ads
    they're already shaved

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    i watched terminator last night

was not as good as i remembered

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    guys did you ever notice how in razer ads women's legs are already shaved?

mak u think

Wow i never noticed. That's hilarious! You're hilarious!

• Options
    Terrorism wouldn't exist if we never had open borders with Canada.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    this is funny to me because altho it looks like im trollin echo for being a slowpoke i just got sent that message by britney

fkin synchronicity

also

brotney

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Echo wrote: »

this morning on the subway a girl was standing in front of us with shorts on. She was light haired/blonde. I noticed she had not shaved her legs...except for up to the knee, where she had shaved. I was sexist-ly liek lol wut go whole hog or don't even bother?? But her hair was so light I'm sure I only noticed because she was standing like 6 inches in front of my face, and because I notice that sort of thing

I didn't bring it up with Beasto but I'm curious if he noticed too

BEASTO DID YOU NOTICE AND POLITELY NOT COMMENT LIKE ME

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    guys did you ever notice how women are born naked and hairless but then later hair grows???

but when they go to shave, it retreates back into their legss????

This discussion has been closed.