As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ask Me Questions, and I Might Answer Them: A Thread.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    Melding, what is your opinion on Angry Dragonite?

As evidenced here.

http://www.serebii.net/card/furiousfists/074.shtml

why is dragonite a basic doing a grass grass electric move?

It's an EX card, which is a thing first introduced in the TCG around the Gen 3 games, and was then revived a few years ago, although initially it was solely for legendaries. Generally they could benefit from some rule changes to make them fairer, it doesn't help that the early EX cards were stupid-powerful (although there are non-EX cards designed to take them down). But I'm just in it for the collection aspect so it doesn't weigh on my mind.

As for the energy cost, Dragon types were only introduced a couple of years ago, and in an effort to make them different/encourage dual element decks, they have dual energy costs. Although one of the latest sets introduced a Double Dragon energy that counts as 2 universal energy if they are attached to a Dragon.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    Melding should I heat up this spaghetti and eat it. It is 2:30 am after all

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    Melding, I stepped on a bit of rusty wire, which pierced the sole of my shoe, but not my sock, but still went into my foot enough to make it bleed a little (but not much really) and I guess the contact mostly came from the sock. I have applied antiseptic treatment and an antiseptic bandaid.

Do I have tetanus now, or am I OK?

I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate. There's no time for anaesthetic, bite on to this leather covered stick and think pleasant thoughts.

Or more seriously, you're probably fine, tetanus shots lost a real long time and is deceptively difficult to get.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Hey wait a minute, this isn't my question thread!

(In reality though I will happily talk about TCGs at the drop of a hat)

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Melding, I stepped on a bit of rusty wire, which pierced the sole of my shoe, but not my sock, but still went into my foot enough to make it bleed a little (but not much really) and I guess the contact mostly came from the sock. I have applied antiseptic treatment and an antiseptic bandaid.

I'm afraid we're going to have to amputate. There's no time for anaesthetic, bite on to this leather covered stick and think pleasant thoughts.

Or more seriously, you're probably fine, tetanus shots lost a real long time and is deceptively difficult to get.
    I shall bite on a leather covered stick and think pleasant thoughts as you direct, just to be sure, but mostly because I was already planning to do so anyway, Thanks Melding!

• Options
    Melding, what is your opinion on Angry Dragonite?

As evidenced here.

http://www.serebii.net/card/furiousfists/074.shtml

why is dragonite a basic doing a grass grass electric move?

It's an EX card, which is a thing first introduced in the TCG around the Gen 3 games, and was then revived a few years ago, although initially it was solely for legendaries. Generally they could benefit from some rule changes to make them fairer, it doesn't help that the early EX cards were stupid-powerful (although there are non-EX cards designed to take them down). But I'm just in it for the collection aspect so it doesn't weigh on my mind.

As for the energy cost, Dragon types were only introduced a couple of years ago, and in an effort to make them different/encourage dual element decks, they have dual energy costs. Although one of the latest sets introduced a Double Dragon energy that counts as 2 universal energy if they are attached to a Dragon.

i didn't understand most of this, but i don't liek the art very much, but i am not apposed to the idea of an angry dragonite.
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Melding should I heat up this spaghetti and eat it. It is 2:30 am after all

if you're planning to stay up for another hour or so sure. feed the need, for more pasta.

• Options

I shall bite on a leather covered stick and think pleasant thoughts as you direct, just to be sure, but mostly because I was already planning to do so anyway, Thanks Melding!

for the record, my first thought was "send pictures."

I'm not sure what that means.

• Options
    I didn't like the EX art much at first, although it's grown on me, especially the full-art stuff. It's worth nothing that even the run-of-the-mill common cards often have good and great art. Especially the end of the Black & White series, Legendary Treasures.

• Options
    i'm fine with full card art, i just meant the weird 3d dragonite on that specif card. something about it just doesn't do it for me.

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    I cut my losses and went with s'mores poptarts

xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    melding what sort of car do dragons find sexiest

also a question for @zay i guess

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Nikolai wrote: »
    I cut my losses and went with s'mores poptarts

a fine choice.
    melding what sort of car do dragons find sexiest

also a question for zay i guess

That's like asking what kind of women do men like. Some want a little sports car, some want a family sedan, and some men just want to fuck a minivan and then cry about it later.

I imagine dragon/car relations follow the same idea.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Melding this is 100% truth.

I once had a dream that I was lost in an airport. I was really anxious and scared because airports are scary places. In the dream, I ran into you and you helped me get to where I needed to be.

My question is; do you always use your dream powers for good or also for evil?

Al_wat on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Melding:

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    Melding this is 100% truth.

I once had a dream that I was lost in an airport. I was really anxious and scared because airports are scary places. In the dream, I ran into you and you helped me get to where I needed to be.

My question is; do you always use your dream powers for good or also for evil?

Almost exclusively for good. Dreams are confusing enough. I once got lost in my house in a dream. It's not a very big place, but for some reason the doors never lead outside. Well, that's not entirely true, one door lead to outer space, but still. So, being able to help people get around in their dreams is a priority. To my knowledge i've also helped over throw a dragon, find someone's parents, and fixed a failing relationship.

All in a day's work.
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Melding:

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

probably less than you'd hope, i'm sorta lactose intolerant, and sometimes, ice cream just wrecks the house.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Elves and dwarves are kinda played out

Do have any hot takes on these classic fantasy races

NeoToma on
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Melding, should I buy this thing?

z1kxdKU.jpg

It's a thing that would replace another thing that doesn't work so well anymore.

Would you buy the same thing?

Would you buy it for me?

buy it for me

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Elves and dwarves are kinda played out

Do have any hot takes on these classic fantasy races

i actually like them quite a bit, though i am real tired of english elves and scottish dwarves. trying to remember what had german dwarves but i remember liking it quite a bit.

I honestly can't think of anything that isn't just "alright but what if this time elves were the mechanically advanced race and dwarves lived in trees" that people like to do to sound like they've come up with a new idea.
    i've beek kicking around an idea for a sorta fantasy setting where humans are actual aliens crash landed soem time ago and elves are somewhere in the dark ages tech wise, but that's not really a change up either.

So best off the cuff idea i for is what if elves were the new young race, dwarves were the paragons of natural balance and humans are grudge holding isolationists?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dear Melding,

Turn down for what?

sig.gif
  • Options
    spono wrote: »

It's a thing that would replace another thing that doesn't work so well anymore.

Would you buy it for me?

buy it for me

i don't like ford and haven't ever bought a new car, so i vote buy an old Chrysler
    Sorce wrote: »
    Dear Melding,

Turn down for what?

school zones?

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    Dear Melding,

There's a thing I should do now, but I might maybe do it later, but if I don't do it now, I may probably `forget' to do it until after I put on my pyjamas, and once that has happened I won't be doing the thing.

Should I do the thing now or later?

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Melding, what's your favorite ME3 MP class to play? I forget.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Melding,

What was a bigger factor in the failure of Operation Barbarossa: Hitler's strategic indecision, or the Wehrmacht's undervaluing of logistics planning?

• Options
    Dear Melding,

There's a thing I should do now, but I might maybe do it later, but if I don't do it now, I may probably `forget' to do it until after I put on my pyjamas, and once that has happened I won't be doing the thing.

Should I do the thing now or later?

i don't know what it is, but you should probably do it before forgetting.
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Melding, what's your favorite ME3 MP class to play? I forget.

I don't know, they added too many and i never got any of them, though i do remember liking the paladin a lot. though i ended up playing krogaurd the most simply out of convenience.
    Melding,

What was a bigger factor in the failure of Operation Barbarossa: Hitler's strategic indecision, or the Wehrmacht's undervaluing of logistics planning?

I was it was the fact they failed to include the cursed coins into their calculations, so they were just overwhelmed by the undead pirates.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Melding, what is the weirdest fetish?

broken image link
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Melding what is your opinion on Homeworld

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    ranch

or

c :cool: l ranch

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Melding, when you gonna go on your road trip with your bae?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Melding, what is your opinion of liquorice?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Melding what is your feeling about Chocolate? an occasional treat or indulgence?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Would you buy it for me?

buy it for me

i don't like ford and haven't ever bought a new car, so i vote buy an old Chrysler

Jesus FUCK, Melding when did you turn evil?

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Melding I recently bought a cloak of invisibility. The good kind that relies on dimensional transference rather than optical redirection because I have a problem with people with infravision being able to spot me. The only problem is that any time I wear it I start seeing unspeakable horrors. Should I be worried?

• Options

There is a community for admirers of women being squished flat by steamrollers like in cartoons

• Options

Would you buy it for me?

buy it for me

Jesus FUCK, Melding when did you turn evil?

Chris I'm sorry to tell you this but your opinions on cars really suck.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

There is a community for admirers of women being squished flat by steamrollers like in cartoons

EOagLEL.png

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Naphtali wrote: »

EOagLEL.png

It's all subjective though. Theres a community of people where they couple by people who own penises with people who own vaginas. Then they turn out the lights and the penis owner rubs themself on or in the vagina owner until they ejaculate. Once they're done they go to sleep and never talk to anyone about this except for new initiates into the community which they expect to follow the proper procedures correctly regardless. I think this is the weirdest fetish but for some reason every one else thinks this is perfectly normal.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    What is the logic behind the weaknesses of the more esoteric pokemon e.g dragon, dark, fairy.

For example: fire is weak to water because water douses fires. Why is dragon weak to ice?

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Melding if a website would pay me $50,000 to let a woman run me over with a truck is this a wise use of my time?

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Melding if a website would pay me $50,000 to let a woman run me over with a truck is this a wise use of my time?

Wait are we talking like under the center of the truck or does one of the tires have to run over your face? This is important

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Some part of me ends up under the wheels, not my face though.