Options

Edwardian Fashion [Chat]

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Why cant you shave them got a rash or something?

No, I develop cysts really easily in my underarms and they can get to like, golfball size. Shaving aggravates them.

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

No, I develop cysts really easily in my underarms and they can get to like, golfball size. Shaving aggravates them.

Oh man :(

• Options
    I dont want this be be botp'd cause my generic nerd rage demands its be seen
    Ok CD Project needs to stop this silliness
    In a statement to the press, Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and CEO of CD Projekt Red, said thanked fans for their support of the game and all of its DLC. He continued "I would really like to see such initiatives (free post-launch add-ons) become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example."

You dont get to obviously cut content from your game then say YEAH ALL DEVS SHOULD HAVE FREE DLC, WE DA BES MANG

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

BC has the bubonic plague

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

BC has the bubonic plague

You don't?

• Options
    Oh man

@Mim

11870883_1031466616905153_8093583297818676462_n.jpg?oh=90acb9262d3feb1dfdca02fac2f59ed1&oe=5682F7D6

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    In a statement to the press, Marcin Iwiński, co-founder and CEO of CD Projekt Red, said thanked fans for their support of the game and all of its DLC. He continued "I would really like to see such initiatives (free post-launch add-ons) become an industry standard rather than an exception to the general rule, and I hope that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has set a good example."

You dont get to obviously cut content from your game then say YEAH ALL DEVS SHOULD HAVE FREE DLC, WE DA BES MANG

I dunno anytime other devs do that they make you pay for it

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Kiddoroar is taking a trip here about his tooth tommorow and YES this is perfect, granted Its best if I dont go (I freak out at the dentist) this is exactly what will put him at ease.

http://www.mysafaridentist.com/#!burlington-pediatric-dentist-office-tour/c8db

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Zampanov wrote: »

I dunno anytime other devs do that they make you pay for it

In the old days devs would just cut content from their game, full stop.

Like you have a limited amount of time and money, shit gets cut.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I used to play older roguelikes on a numpad-less laptop

when someone told me "dude you can move diagonally you know" my whole world was shattered

Numpad is life.

It seems like Laptop makers have finally realised this too.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I am ambivalent on the rage against CD Projekt Red for their dlc stuff.

On the one hand, specifically cutting stuff in order to charge for it later as DLC is very bad.

Cutting stuff only to release it later as free dlc seems like a practical compromise between needing to meet a deadline and cramming all the things you want into the experience. And insofar as the Wild Hunt goes I am not even certain they did that.

They certainly have a track record of trying to do pro consumer things and swindling people on fake-free-DLC while continuing to resist DRM seems like some weird incongruous behaviours.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I just had the most awesome night ever and now I get to sleep in because I work from home on Fridays.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

On the one hand, specifically cutting stuff in order to charge for it later as DLC is very bad.

Cutting stuff only to release it later as free dlc seems like a practical compromise between needing to meet a deadline and cramming all the things you want into the experience. And insofar as the Wild Hunt goes I am not even certain they did that.

They certainly have a track record of trying to do pro consumer things and swindling people on fake-free-DLC while continuing to resist DRM seems like some weird incongruous behaviours.

Wait, people are mad about free-DLC?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Wait, people are mad about free-DLC?

broar seems to be

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I think people are being silly nonces if they are mad at CD Projekt Red

they made deadlines for their game by opting to cut content from their massive game, which is an industry standard decision

they then decided to have no DRM whatsoever, which isn't an industry standard decision

they then released the cut content for free as DLC once they had time to finish it, which also isn't industry standard. Other companies would've charged for it.

what are people mad about, again?

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular

@Casual

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Pony wrote: »

they made deadlines for their game by opting to cut content from their massive game, which is an industry standard decision

they then decided to have no DRM whatsoever, which isn't an industry standard decision

they then released the cut content for free as DLC once they had time to finish it, which also isn't industry standard. Other companies would've charged for it.

Yeah, I don't get it. "We cut this content to make release, but then we finished it anyway and you can have it for free".

That's win-win. That's BETTER then you got before DLC was a thing.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    @Eddy vassal limits are killin' me as Byzantines

I'm at my limit of 43 and I haven't even started expanding to mend the schism

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Yeah, like, I don't feel like CD Projekt games are for me, but I admire the hell out of their business practises.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Wait wait Organichu really did text me! I thought he was joshing!

What do you have going on yo? I will take my answer in the a.m. as I really am crashing

i have sat-sun-mon off and i was considering a road trip to stretch the legs of my new car

was wondering if you are free this weekend/into me crashing/into eating a lot of meat/also some bbq ;)

• Options
    also i saw the saddest looking stray dog on my drive home. i stopped but he was way too skittish to get near. : (

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @""Casual Eddy"

i drew eddy again

0XWa9iy.png?1

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    also i saw the saddest looking stray dog on my drive home. i stopped but he was way too skittish to get near. : (

Liebot, what's the saddest thing

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Wait wait Organichu really did text me! I thought he was joshing!

What do you have going on yo? I will take my answer in the a.m. as I really am crashing

i have sat-sun-mon off and i was considering a road trip to stretch the legs of my new car

was wondering if you are free this weekend/into me crashing/into eating a lot of meat/also some bbq ;)

@Jacobkosh

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    @""Casual Eddy"

i drew eddy again

0XWa9iy.png?1

oh whoops

@Casual Eddy

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular

The same thing gamers are always mad about. Someone gave them a rad thing, but it wasn't presented in just the right way so tantrum time.

Peace to fashion police, I wear my heart
    On my sleeve, let the runway start
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gawd, my butt is full of morning farts.

*levitates in chair*

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    It looks like Casual Eddy is confronting the guy who betrayed his family and sent him into exile for twenty years.

Which is to say, well done.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

*levitates in chair*

*strikes match*

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    My iPad has stopped throwing a benny this morning and now recognises my wifi password again. Dunno what the problem was, but I am suspicious that it happened just as I put an episode of The Great British Bake-Off on the 360 iPlayer app.

• Options
    just got done with the love potion ep of rick and morty

goddamn

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Reports say that North Korean audience was "skeptical" about Laibach.

Idea for new Youtube series: North Korea reacts to X

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    The live music was quite good tonight. And I even met up with someone at the show, breaking up the monotony of nights out alone.

Overall a fine outing that could have used more rapping grannies, but I could make that complaint about every other day as well.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

*levitates in chair*

*strikes match*

*escape velocity*

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    UW Seattle doesn't let post-bacs into their CS/E school.

>:(

So tired of complications.

• Options
    Head of Louisiana GOP among those in Ashley Madison data dump

Official says he used site for "opposition research."

Best excuse ever.

This discussion has been closed.