Options

Oregon Militia: All aboard the crazy train.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Speaking of weird evolutionary questions

How scary must it have been to be the first creature that pooped
    Let me introduce you to an amazing thing called the cloaca!

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular

Probably credits worms? with a greater capacity for thought than is merited.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    On a less quirky note, Michele Fiore has visited the cosplaitriots in jail. The Bundy Ranch are now referring to them as "political prisoners" and "prisoners of war".

Since the arrests how does the movement see her now?

They seem full of praise for her. She's on their side, she's kept her promises, she's stood by them etc. In fact she's in so deep that JJ McNab has been speculating if Fiore will wind up with an indictment herself.

Speaking of, JJ herself has voiced her curiosity about the "deep pockets" that were supposedly funding the occupation. Dos anyone have any idea who those "deep pockets" could belong to, or if it was just idle boasting?

deep pockets?

they were the most unprepared incompetent bunch of loonies imaginable. My pockets could fund a better take over than theirs and my pockets are shallow as hell

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular

It was probably a welcome improvement over the previous method of just having shit constantly oozing out of various pores and orifices.

Actually it was an improvement from pooping out your mouth.... Or eating up your butt, depending if you are a protostome or deuterostome.

Protip: Humans are deuterostomes and are therefore made butt-first.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    On a less quirky note, Michele Fiore has visited the cosplaitriots in jail. The Bundy Ranch are now referring to them as "political prisoners" and "prisoners of war".

They seem full of praise for her. She's on their side, she's kept her promises, she's stood by them etc. In fact she's in so deep that JJ McNab has been speculating if Fiore will wind up with an indictment herself.

Speaking of, JJ herself has voiced her curiosity about the "deep pockets" that were supposedly funding the occupation. Dos anyone have any idea who those "deep pockets" could belong to, or if it was just idle boasting?

deep pockets?

they were the most unprepared incompetent bunch of loonies imaginable. My pockets could fund a better take over than theirs and my pockets are shallow as hell

'We're totes prepared for the long haul!'

'Send snacks!'

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular

deep pockets?

'Send snacks!'

"Also warm sleeping bags and blankets because no one told us winter in oregon would be cold."

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »

deep pockets?

'Send snacks!'

"Also warm sleeping bags and blankets because no one told us winter in oregon would be cold."

"This is a peacefull protest, with guns"

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

That's an odd way to refer to people who were just peacefully camping.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »

That's an odd way to refer to people who were just peacefully camping.

Well, you know, the warmongering robotic federal government is against peace, and camping, also people.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Their depiction as strong, rough, tough, no-nonsense patriots fighting the evil government is really undercut by the guy crying in the corner that they were "just camping!" as soon as it was apparent that they failed.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Their depiction as strong, rough, tough, no-nonsense patriots fighting the evil government is really undercut by the guy crying in the corner that they were "just camping!" as soon as it was apparent that they failed.

Freedom tears.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Even bald eagles cry, mang.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    I made you a livin’ when, when I was free
    I made you a livin ‘ when, when I was free
    I’m in a world of trouble, you wanna write to me
    I’m in a world of trouble, you wanna write to me

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Arraignments take place this Wednesday, February 24th according to this highly entertaining article on the occupiers. Come for Ammon Bundy's lawyer claiming he's too much of an attention whore to be a flight risk, stay for Michele Fiore's claim that she has been targeted by "leftists and other hate groups."

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Never will there have been so much popcorn in a courtroom.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Never will there have been so much popcorn in a courtroom.

*looks into buying Orville Redenbacher stock*

Oh, it's just ConAgra. Nvm.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Don't buy the popcorn just yet. Their supporters have a plan!

Their plan is to... travel to Oregon and gather there. I'm not kidding.

• Options
    Knuckle DraggerKnuckle Dragger Explosive Ovine Disposal Registered User regular

Well, unless they plan to just start shooting people. it would be pretty tough for them to fail harder than last time.

Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion.

- John Stuart Mill
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Committee of Safety :rotate:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Well, you know what they say... when you want something to never get done, send it to committee...

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I kind of miss the time when the most annoying people coming to Oregon were Californian yuppies.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well, you know what they say... when you want something to never get done, send it to committee...

Well it's more that they're ungrammatically comparing themselves to the Reign of Terror.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I kind of miss the time when the most annoying people coming to Oregon were Californian yuppies.

The Dysentery probably helped keep people at bay also

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    The fbi just needs to setup some fake buildings made out of shipping containers with automatic closing locked doors spread around national parks in Oregon. Then they just wait for these groups to come and "occupy" them and haul em off to jail. It would be like animal control trapping cats in the city.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Foomy wrote: »
    The fbi just needs to setup some fake buildings made out of shipping containers with automatic closing locked doors spread around national parks in Oregon. Then they just wait for these groups to come and "occupy" them and haul em off to jail. It would be like animal control trapping cats in the city.

They could bait them with copies of the Constitution.

And snacks.

• Options

And snacks.

French Vanilla Creamer

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2016

And snacks.

Hazelnut creamer.

EDIT:

But not like that "all-natural" hippy hazelnut creamer. The stuff that's mostly HFCS.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Well it's more that they're ungrammatically comparing themselves to the Reign of Terror.

I'd be impressed if they actually knew shit about the French Revolution.

• Options

Hell, I'd be impressed if they actually knew shit about the American Revolution.

• Options

Hell, I'd be impressed if they actually knew shit about the American Revolution.

Hell, I'd be impressed if they actually knew shit.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Every tim

Hell, I'd be impressed if they actually knew shit.

Every time they get off the toilet, it's a startling surprise.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    You know whats kind of funny that I learned from watching too much travel channel? Oregon literally had a rebellion prior to WW2, where a group of dudes wanted to set up their own state.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "Rebellion" is a strong word for it. They didn't want to leave the US, they just wanted to subdivide parts of Northern California and Southern Oregon into a new state.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    The craziest thing I've learned about Oregon is that it was illegal for black people to move to Oregon well into the 20th century.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    "Rebellion" is a strong word for it. They didn't want to leave the US, they just wanted to subdivide parts of Northern California and Southern Oregon into a new state.

That's still sort of a thing among a certain segment of the population, isn't it?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    The craziest thing I've learned about Oregon is that it was illegal for black people to move to Oregon well into the 20th century.

There was just an episode of Stuff You Missed in History that referenced this. I had no idea.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    chrisnl wrote: »

Technically until 1926, yeah. From what I understand it was one of those laws that wasn't really enforced for a long time, and was finally repealed as part of the backlash against the KKK basically trying to take over the state.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »

That's still sort of a thing among a certain segment of the population, isn't it?

Not really, although Wikipedia tells me that a number of Northern Californian counties have recently revived the idea.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, every once in a while the idea of the state of Jefferson, Fremont, or whatever it's being called this time gets some traction in the public consciousness. The main reason is that the region along the border between OR and CA is pretty rural and sparsely populated (same as eastern OR, where all this went down), far from both state capitals and the urban centers, and as a result tends to get roundly ignored by everyone. The people who do live there want to feel represented and/or appreciated, so they start making noise about their own state with blackjack, and hookers!

And yeah, Oregon's history as a "white haven" was posted about earlier in this thread, I believe. It's a sad and sordid chapter that just... isn't talked about, or wasn't while I was growing up here back in the 70s and 80s at least. Like the classic fish in water, it took me a while to even recognize how very homogenous (and high-albedo) the people around me were; my middle school class had one non-white student, and his name was 'Garcia'.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

Not really, although Wikipedia tells me that a number of Northern Californian counties have recently revived the idea.

Eh, one of the hard core wing nuts on one of the car forums I go to was really, really into Jefferson as a state.

This discussion has been closed.