As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this [chat] conference over yet? Yes, yes it is

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    yes, voting affects where things are. i don't regard that as a bad thing.

It's a highly disorienting thing for me that affects my ability to parse the thread at all. I need the structure that time provides

I need to have time stamps on pretty much everything

Without knowing when in an absolute sense something was written I have difficulty integrating it

It's one thing I hate about vanilla: it truncates the post date stamps relative to the current day/time and I find that kind of disorienting too

that stinks

Yeah

I kind of dread posting around midnight now

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    yes, voting affects where things are. i don't regard that as a bad thing.

It's a bad thing if what you want to do is follow the conversation and not read a non-chronological summary of what people thought were the best sentences. Especially if you want to follow it as it develops.

The constant sub-branching also tends to devolve conversations into tiny corners that end up getting lost. It's like those old boards where each quote/reply spawns a separate thread you have to open in a new window.

It's just a terrible way to organize information if what you want is a conversation rather then a highlight reel of specific posts.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    It's one thing I hate about vanilla: it truncates the post date stamps relative to the current day/time and I find that kind of disorienting too

This is really really irritating for browsing old threads, let me tell you. I can't stand it.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    But I think I liked "Czesko" or "Czeska" even better

• Options
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hj42Bwa6j0

30 seconds not enough. I await my betamax copy of the episode that simonwolf promised me.

I'll take a half-focused iPhone video recording of my CRT playing the episode instead

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Maybe I am not as interested in a conversation then, I guess. If one of the participants has some specific expertise or unique life experience, they'll almost always be upvoted. Beyond that, Reddit has a huge user base. I'm not especially led to believe that a given conversation I choose to pursue (that isn't regarded as worthy by the community) is going to be more worthwhile than what the voters say. I'm not going to read all the way to the bottom of a thread with 800 comments most of the time, so a highlight reel is useful. If I see a particularly interesting conversation blooming, I find that most of the time the community agrees with me. If they don't and it gets hard to read due to a number of other child comments being voted higher, I'll just click on the user and read his most recent comments.

Seems like we are interested in different experiences, which is fine.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular

Hurray the NL was already doing this (written Tsjechië)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

Marcomannia!

• Options
    Some folk don't like it because it might get mixed up with Chechnya

I wonder how Georgia feels about that

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Man It still kills me that in a game like Ratchet and Clank there are people who would prefer 60fps at 50% of the visuals over 30fps and it looking like a goddamn Pixar movie.

Sports games and shooters sure I get it but not for 3rd person action adventures.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular

I very nearly suggested this name change might get them invaded by the Russkies.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    MrMister wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

@OnTheLastCastle I knew this was being made but their page went months and months without updating and I had kind of given up hope on it ever coming out. And then suddenly it shows up in my Steam inbox as a gift from a bro. I am over the moon right now.

Bought and played immediately.

Lemme tell you, the AI is p hilar. It does stuff like play Destalinization for the event and then only move two influence (???). It also spends a lot of time playing into your controlled countries with no follow up plan aside from "obviously, lose IPs every time we make this exchange."

Yeah, I mean, I am not a frog rammer but trying to even imagine how to teach a machine to play this game makes my head spin. I am not expecting a huge amount from the AI but if it gives me a chance to not entirely forget the game between the rare, semi-annual opportunities I have to play the paper game then that is cool

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

Hurray the NL was already doing this (written Tsjechië)

Sweden too, #winning.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

I very nearly suggested this name change might get them invaded by the Russkies.

They'd have to do Poland first obviously

Already got Ukraine though

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I still want a good translation of a proper games workshop skirmish game to computeries

I want to play necromunda with peeps

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    @Jacobkosh do you think fresh inspired the famous d'angelo barksdale speech

@y2jake215 I could see it. fresh and another movie, spike lee's clockers, which both came out in 1994, are the two movies that are most clearly drawing from the same real life well as the wire (and honestly they are nearly the only two, out of the entire genre of "hood" movies that flourished in the 90s they are probably the most thoroughly researched) and I can easily imagine that they were an influence (and indeed the writer of clockers, richard price, started writing for the show on season 3 and after).

also fresh was done with that very very very low-key naturalistic style, most music is diegetic, etc

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I still want a good translation of a proper games workshop skirmish game to computeries

Mordheim seemed to teeter close enough that the ways it failed to emulate the tabletop experience are magnified

• Options
    I actually don't care if they get that ip

I just want a multiplayer skirmish level turn based strategy game (a la xcom or jagged alliance) with that sort of roster-building persistence and customization

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    lol...
    been selected for this weekend's Overwatch Stress Test.

won't have access to my computer all weekend.

hilarious.

• Options
    lol...

hilarious.

Give it to Ludious

• Options
    I've given up on overwatch

Blizzard lost me a while ago

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    lol...

hilarious.

Give it to Ludious

i will need my account to play hearthstone, tho.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

The problem is that necromunda was so damn random so you'd end up with the first batch of rolls determine the winners and losers in the long run.

I got an ash heap and my guy lost an eye.

You got an aerotech hoard and my guy levelled up from getting brapped.

I do miss necromunda though. It was the only gw game that I really got into

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    lol...

hilarious.

Give it to Ludious

i will need my account to play hearthstone, tho.

You don't want to play Hearthstone this weekend[/Jedi]

• Options
    I actually don't care if they get that ip

I just want a multiplayer skirmish level turn based strategy game (a la xcom or jagged alliance) with that sort of roster-building persistence and customization

And I can't overstate how important that persistence is to this type of game. As anyone who has played iron man xcom can tell you it adds a whole emotional layer to everything.

New xcom multi abandoned that for flat numerical balance and it is not even remotely the same sort of game because of that, even though all the other mechanics are identical

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Wasnt there a Warmachine game that was Kickstarted? that was susposed to be directly the tabletop game?

• Options
    Wasnt there a Warmachine game that was Kickstarted? that was susposed to be directly the tabletop game?

I even backed it

I can't tell you what is up with it because I honestly don't know

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Worst part of the Overwatch beta is being in it long enough that they have added so much cool stuff but it takes so long for me to level up to get loot boxes

• Options
    I have good memories of the Mordheim campaign I played in, back in closing days of high school

I used the Pirate warband type, the crew of the Sea Harlot led by the nefarious Captain Dogbeard and his faithful hounds, Daemon and Snout (they were ranking officers)

so many missing limbs I had to model...

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

@y2jake215 I could see it. fresh and another movie, spike lee's clockers, which both came out in 1994, are the two movies that are most clearly drawing from the same real life well as the wire (and honestly they are nearly the only two, out of the entire genre of "hood" movies that flourished in the 90s they are probably the most thoroughly researched) and I can easily imagine that they were an influence (and indeed the writer of clockers, richard price, started writing for the show on season 3 and after).

also fresh was done with that very very very low-key naturalistic style, most music is diegetic, etc

Hmm I also just looked at Fresh's filmography and he was in The Corner too

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options

Hmm I also just looked at Fresh's filmography and he was in The Corner too

the dude is a good actor idk why he didn't take off more

• Options
    But warmahordes ain't a persistent league-type game

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

not really what you're talking about but I am liking Battlefleet gothic

i'd go as far as calling it the first wh40k game since DoW1 to be true to it's source material

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I never actually played mordheim

• Options

I even backed it

I can't tell you what is up with it because I honestly don't know

Looks like it came out and is prety shitty?

• Options
    I just like games where I get to tell stories about my little mans. It's p much the only reason I used to be able to play dwarf fort

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    I just like games where I get to tell stories about my little mans. It's p much the only reason I used to be able to play dwarf fort

Rimworld scratches that itch with a better (but far from perfect) interface

Maia added some individuality to the colonists recently too I think (my laptop is too cruddy to run it though)

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

not really what you're talking about but I am liking Battlefleet gothic

i'd go as far as calling it the first wh40k game since DoW1 to be true to it's source material

you play battle fleet gothic armada?

This discussion has been closed.