Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    One of the most saddening things in the game is getting well out of the way of a charge only to have something or someone redirect Reinhardt into you. That and watching Reinhardt knock two of your teammates out of the way only to pin you instead.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Had a match in the weekly brawl earlier where I was Pharah and had a 33 kill streak, and didn't die the entire match. Also got POTG for taking out their whole team with my ult. Felt real good. They must have hated me, I almost never touched the ground except to heal occasionally.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Level 5.

Got Industrial Zarya and Hayseed Junkrat. :rotate:

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »
    Last night I used the voice emote to signal that high noon was ready, then ran up behind a shielding reinhart and starting ulting. The Reinhart then dropped his shield and ran away, then i was promptly sniped.

This ended up being the play of the game for the widowmaker.

I don't trust Reinhardt anymore

He's betrayed me too many times

Trying to take down a sieged Bastion? Awesome, Reinhardt shield, I can just stand and send some rockets at Basti--oh yeah Reiny that's good work, I only needed that shield for about 0.16 seconds, it's fine, I'm fine being a puff of vapor

Equally frustrating is being on the other sid eof the equation

"Okay guys, get behind me, we can make a solid push against their entrenched position if you just lemme shield you!'

I push forward...and realize my ENTIRE TEAM is too buy fighting a single Tracer by our spawn to push up against the other *5* players further ahead.

Also when you're pushing up on the point and you start getting shot at and ok here we go and oh hey my entire team just decided to take various flanking routes.

At which point you die and then they pick you off one by one.

It's one reason why hanamura 2nd point is so hard to capture, there's an obvious area for the defenders to stay around in, while there's a bunch of juicy flanking routes to distract the attackers with.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    You misunderstand. I'm happy to get sprays and junk. It's not the content of the boxes that I am concerned with, I just want to have dozens of loot disk flipping through the air to land with a thud.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Boy howdy I sure love Road Hog. He's just such a jerk.

I'm not really sure how to use his ult efficiently, though.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    So why does the game keep juggling me between skirmish games, 30 seconds at a time?

edit: now I got juggled into a new map before I even had time to pich a hero.

Echo on
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    I can't stop linking these, they're amazing!

Junkrat-redirected Reinhardt charge claims a surprised victim

the Reinhardt pauses at the end there like, wtf just happened

He paused to type "LOL" if you go back to watch :P

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    So why does the game keep juggling me between skirmish games, 30 seconds at a time?

edit: now I got juggled into a new map before I even had time to pich a hero.

Go into settings and turn off skirmish games and it will slot you into a proper match faster.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Level 5.

Got Industrial Zarya and Hayseed Junkrat. :rotate:

Oh, so you got legendary skins for my two favorite heroes in one crate.

I'm not jealous. Nope, not jealous at all...
    totally jealous

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
  • Options
    One of my first loots was Reinhardt's muscle pose

It's great to see me flexing on people at the victory screen

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    JackdawGin wrote: »

That was pretty good, even if it was very low hanging fruit. :P

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Controversial opinion: Winston is the best playable Gorilla in this game.

pROyEoD.gif

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

pROyEoD.gif

Dude...he's a scientist, come on

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Got my first reflect on a Mcree flash bang as Genji last night. Stunned him and everything.

Felt good.

• Options
    Enemy team blows four ults to kill five people

Press Q, res everyone

Bonus: collect achievement

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

LIES!

Her dmg isn't really impressive. She struggles with tanks because she can't burst them down even when frozen (and Reinhardt's shield blocks her completely). Even as Tracer, you just need to control space and stay out of range. I killed a Mei yesterday by shooting her while running backwards while she chased after me, just out of range while she died.

If you're having trouble with Mei, then swap to a longer range character or Zarya (her shields clear the freeze effect and you can just beam Mei down).

Honestly, no character is oppressive at this stage imho now that I've started swapping to Winston against good Tracers and Widowmakers. Why hello, squishy target! I just want to be your friend (zap zap zap).

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

it's not a very good one so don't feel bad if you can't do much with it

best use is to push people off capture points so that your team can cap or just keep the other team from capping

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

pROyEoD.gif

Yeah, but as far as scientists go, Mei is better.

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I think for the ridiculous amount of utility Mei has they should really consider lowering her damage. She's oppressive.

LIES!

Her dmg isn't really impressive. She struggles with tanks because she can't burst them down even when frozen (and Reinhardt's shield blocks her completely). Even as Tracer, you just need to control space and stay out of range. I killed a Mei yesterday by shooting her while running backwards while she chased after me, just out of range while she died.

If you're having trouble with Mei, then swap to a longer range character or Zarya (her shields clear the freeze effect and you can just beam Mei down).

Honestly, no character is oppressive at this stage imho now that I've started swapping to Winston against good Tracers and Widowmakers. Why hello, squishy target! I just want to be your friend (zap zap zap).

zarya v mei is a 5-5 matchup at best

your shield blocks freeze but it's only for two seconds, then she icebergs and goes back up to full health, and then you're screwed if you don't disengage

the only way you can come out ahead is if you go into it with 50+ energy

• Options
    A buddy and I discovered the Zarya + Pharah ult wombo combo and proceeded to win the next 4 games with it before we called it a night.

10/10 would rain justice into a black hole again.

it's especially great because you can graviton surge then look up and bubble pharah

they're a fantastic team

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular

pROyEoD.gif

Yeah, but as far as scientists go, Mei is better.

I didnt hear the follow up voice line but My mei once said in the start room "Winston, I think this calculation is wrong".

Silly Gorilla! writing numbers..

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

it's not a very good one so don't feel bad if you can't do much with it

best use is to push people off capture points so that your team can cap or just keep the other team from capping

Hog has a pretty good ult. Great for knocking mooks offa points. Super good when used in conjunction with Lucio or Zarya's ult.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

pROyEoD.gif

I'm using this pls and thank you

@21stCentury

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    how i make him bouncy

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »

LIES!

zarya v mei is a 5-5 matchup at best

your shield blocks freeze but it's only for two seconds, then she icebergs and goes back up to full health, and then you're screwed if you don't disengage

the only way you can come out ahead is if you go into it with 50+ energy

You don't need to kill her, and you take her out of action while you get to range once she ice blocks.

It's not all about killing people, it's about controlling space and Zarya can zone out a Mei most of the time.

• Options
    @21stCentury have you made a McCree pixel dude?

• Options
    how i make him bouncy

Gimme a sec, I'll PM you one. :razz:

• Options
    @21stCentury have you made a McCree pixel dude?

Yep, Yep.

2P6EEGM.gif

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I've got a new favorite thing to hate besides players who pick classes they suck at and won't play anything else: players who will only ever play one class ever and quit if somebody else picks it first.

By this, I mean Widow players, because I keep seeing people pop into the team roster, pick Widow instantly, see someone else is already playing Widow, and then just leave.

Just... pick another class. Widowmaker is nowhere near universally useful, so why the hell would anybody count on only playing her always?

• Options
    how i make him bouncy

Resize to 80x80 px or it won't animate

• Options
    I've got a new favorite thing to hate besides players who pick classes they suck at and won't play anything else: players who will only ever play one class ever and quit if somebody else picks it first.

By this, I mean Widow players, because I keep seeing people pop into the team roster, pick Widow instantly, see someone else is already playing Widow, and then just leave.

Just... pick another class. Widowmaker is nowhere near universally useful, so why the hell would anybody count on only playing her always?

Cuz n00bs love to snipe for some reason I can't fathom.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    This is the 2nd time my group has faced off against another full PA group in matchmaking. The games are always super fun, but strange that we queue up against each other so often.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It's the cycle of abuse. Newbies get destroyed by Widowmakers and Bastions so the newbies play those characters to continue the cycle.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    This is the 2nd time my group has faced off against another full PA group in matchmaking. The games are always super fun, but strange that we queue up against each other so often.

The matchmaker intentionally tries to match you with and against your friends.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Have they ever said why you can't chose what type of game you'd like to play, if even only for the 1st one?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular

It's part of the "charm" of the lone wolf sniper who is skillful and changes the course of the battle from afar...

...except most people can't hit things in front of them, and would change the battle far more by actually standing on the point rather than that. We had one enemy Widowmaker who didn't even bother to move even though we were a few seconds away from wining and the rest of the enemy team was wiped. So rather than try to go for overtime, she tried to pick us off (without much success.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Drovek wrote: »

It's part of the "charm" of the lone wolf sniper who is skillful and changes the course of the battle from afar...

...except most people can't hit things in front of them, and would change the battle far more by actually standing on the point rather than that. We had one enemy Widowmaker who didn't even bother to move even though we were a few seconds away from wining and the rest of the enemy team was wiped. So rather than try to go for overtime, she tried to pick us off (without much success.)

It's one of the reasons why I wish someone would make a game without snipers, if only to protect those players from themselves.

This discussion has been closed.