Options

[Overwatch 3.0] Justice Rains From Above!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I only said it since generally I don't find the snipers interesting to interact with. Widowmaker is generally playing her own game while I play Overwatch and occasionally I fall over because of it. If they're bad at playing Widowwatch then it's rare and we generally win 6v5 which isn't great. If they're good at it, we die with little capacity for counterplay and it feels bad.

Hanzo is less bad since he's usually played at mid-long range instead of long, but man sometimes those killcams are just rage inducing. Spamming those arrows into corridors at head height and hoping for the best!

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Stasis wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I would legitimately play no Hanzo/Widowmaker Overwatch all day if that was a game mode. Zero hesitation.

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

Seriously, why won't people consider custom games :(. I kind of wish they had done the thing other FPS games do and make it so you create custom game rooms and people can scroll through a list of them and join them like that, instead of needing to invite all people who want to play.

And that's why people ignore it: because it's pretty much unreasonable to put a custom game together. :P

Oh yes the "it needs to be instant gratification to be worth it" of today.

It isn't THAT hard to organize it. The only difficult thing is people generally dismissing it because reasons.

I don't want to play custom games, sorry. I'll be hopping into ranked when it opens up. No desire to play custom games. Maybe do brawls once in a while for fun, though I don't have a lot of desire to do that either.

I promise it's not because I have no attention span. :-p

We making a team?

they don't have teams or clans! but yes I will allow you to carry me thru ranked

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Anyone on PS4 want to group up? Fleety and I need to be saved from the terrible pubbies who don't know what an objective is, psn is AHermano

I'll be getting on in a few!

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    I'm sorry to the PAers that were on the other team. I am not normally that effective with a precision character like Hanzo.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I would legitimately play no Hanzo/Widowmaker Overwatch all day if that was a game mode. Zero hesitation.

But it iiiiiiiiissssssss

Seriously, why won't people consider custom games :(. I kind of wish they had done the thing other FPS games do and make it so you create custom game rooms and people can scroll through a list of them and join them like that, instead of needing to invite all people who want to play.

And that's why people ignore it: because it's pretty much unreasonable to put a custom game together. :P

Oh yes the "it needs to be instant gratification to be worth it" of today.

It isn't THAT hard to organize it. The only difficult thing is people generally dismissing it because reasons.

I don't want to play custom games, sorry. I'll be hopping into ranked when it opens up. No desire to play custom games. Maybe do brawls once in a while for fun, though I don't have a lot of desire to do that either.

I promise it's not because I have no attention span. :-p

We making a team?

they don't have teams or clans! but yes I will allow you to carry me thru ranked

Ballin

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Huh hanzos wolf skins change his ultimate to wolves

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Also I like that you can't lose rank with the overwatch competitive mode. You can just be stuck in a division in your tier

• Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    I have discovered Mei and feel dirty.

Too bad for the world, I love being filthy.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Kind of wish there was a way to distinguish audibly between whether its our Hanzo/Bastion/76/Whatever ulting or theirs.

When Hanzo ults I'm unlikely to directly see him do it very often but my actions are going to be basically complete opposite depending on which side he's on.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Kind of wish there was a way to distinguish audibly between whether its our Hanzo/Bastion/76/Whatever ulting or theirs.

When Hanzo ults I'm unlikely to directly see him do it very often but my actions are going to be basically complete opposite depending on which side he's on.

I feel like there is. Don't they say different things usually depending on if it's a friendly or not?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »

I feel like there is. Don't they say different things usually depending on if it's a friendly or not?

Would be news to me.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Would be news to me.

Found a post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4jx253/ult_sounds_enemy_vs_ally/

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    tyrannus you'll carry me too right

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

Would be news to me.

Found a post:

Oh thank you. This should help.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    The latest Overwatch Twitch streamer?
    T-Pain

akajaybay on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Tracer needs an audible on her bomb toss. Everyone else has one. She has one only if she's on your team.

I also think as people get better at the game Tracer and McCree will need some changes. I'm willing to wait and see if maybe they modify maps or fix some of the tickrate issues and bugs and that's all it takes, but I doubt it.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Also I like that you can't lose rank with the overwatch competitive mode. You can just be stuck in a division in your tier

I think on the lower tiers you don't lose rank/division at all if you lose

kind of similar to how hearthstone does it

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    There's a fairly loud beeping and a big red exclamation mark shows up on your screen.

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »
    T-Pain

omg he's playing soldier and doesn't ever use his E ahhhhh

• Options
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Tracer needs an audible on her bomb toss. Everyone else has one. She has one only if she's on your team.

I also think as people get better at the game Tracer and McCree will need some changes. I'm willing to wait and see if maybe they modify maps or fix some of the tickrate issues and bugs and that's all it takes, but I doubt it.

Here ya go!

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    T-Pain

omg he's playing soldier and doesn't ever use his E ahhhhh

Yeah I don't think he's quite noticed anything other than left and right click yet. But he's been getting paired up with some pretty strong teammates, so they seem to be doing fine.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    So I have decided there is nothing better than surprising characters who think just because they are on higher ground Mei can't touch them.

Surprise Ice Wall boost Biatch!
    Sorry. Sorry! sorrysorry...

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

She has one, but honestly it doesn't matter since it goes off so quickly you wouldn't be able to do much anyways.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I was actually really interested in competitive too, I just want to get something regular going on since its kind of the main game I plan on playing for awhile

• Options
    NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I see on my social view lots of PA people, some with blue + beside their name. That means that you are fine with being randomly invited by to a game by a bnet friend, right? I don't wanna spam people with invites when they don't want them, but I would much rather play with some PA people than complete randos.

• Options
    KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I was actually really interested in competitive too, I just want to get something regular going on since its kind of the main game I plan on playing for awhile

I'm sure this will be possible once people settle into the game some and want something different than your standard quick play/ranked/brawl. You have to let people have some time to get over the new game oohs and ahhs first!

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Lucios rocks. Love him more and more when there are teams that understand how to play.

I need to see if there is a way to disable chat. I dislike it unless I am with people who aren't calling everything 'gay' and 'newbs.' My block list is quite large now I imagine.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Nobeard wrote: »
    I see on my social view lots of PA people, some with blue + beside their name. That means that you are fine with being randomly invited by to a game by a bnet friend, right? I don't wanna spam people with invites when they don't want them, but I would much rather play with some PA people than complete randos.

The plus means that person isn't already in a group. It isn't something you opt into. That said, invite away. The notification doesn't show up in the middle of the screen or anything and it's easy to get rid of if they don't want to join.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

She has one, but honestly it doesn't matter since it goes off so quickly you wouldn't be able to do much anyways.

She has two in fact. One for when she just tosses it on the ground and another for when she sticks it on somebody. :razz:

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    i played the most ridiculous match with some PAers the other night @Cobell and some others.

it was a defend the point match, dont remember the map name.

at character selection something went awry and things snowballed into 5 people choosing torbjorn. i went lucio.

we fucking dominated so hard. i have never seen salt like that from the opposing team. we ENRAGED them. they were calling us every name in the book, saying how we must all be 12 cant play anything other than torbjorn.

this brought to you by great moments in overwatch (tm)

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Nobeard wrote: »

The plus means that person isn't already in a group. It isn't something you opt into. That said, invite away. The notification doesn't show up in the middle of the screen or anything and it's easy to get rid of if they don't want to join.

Yeah I usually only invite people if they're in menus, just to be nice. But if it's someone I've played with a bunch that is usually willing to leave a game, I'd invite them. There's no downside to leaving quick play anyway. There will probably be a downside to leaving competitive.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular

Would be news to me.

Found a post:

Here's a video that was posted a while back about Overwatch's sound design, it covers this and other things. Pretty cool stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_zqpdwBr5w

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    The scrubquotes twitter has been amazing the past few days. Every character is OP apparently.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Ok. I think I found my general defense/utility hero for when I can't play my favorites. Junkrat is unexpectedly effective and his trap combo is great for sealing off one path while I guard another. And his ult is pretty effective and can be used from safety.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Lucios rocks. Love him more and more when there are teams that understand how to play.

I need to see if there is a way to disable chat. I dislike it unless I am with people who aren't calling everything 'gay' and 'newbs.' My block list is quite large now I imagine.

Heck, just disabling the main menu chat would do it for me. I have no idea why that thing is in there with no way to just turn it off or minimize.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Seagull is big now? 25k viewers
    (pro viewbotter)

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Wow. He usually tops out at about 5k.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I'm definitely starting to feel like skipping out on any KOTH map. It's way too easy to keep a point once you've gotten it, switching to just full tank strats with multiple tanks and Meis because you all have to do is stall and it turns out that is super easy with multiple 500hp+ heroes, shields and icewalls. And it has the most obvious case of imbalance in the game, in that Lucio is 100% required on KOTH and I've never not seen a team run one.

There's also just a weird amount of wasted space on a lot of these maps, with fairly big sections between spawn and the CP that are never 'used' in the game beyond having to spend 10 seconds running through them.

tldr KOTH mode seems pretty boring in this game

I think the Greek maps are the ones I don't mind playing.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Ilios is a pretty great map, yeah. Shorter lines of site than other KOTH maps. I agree about the capture difficulty being shit, most of the rounds seem to be 100% - 0 for me.

Maybe make it so you just need to have more people on the point to start capping or something.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    There's also just a weird amount of wasted space on a lot of these maps, with fairly big sections between spawn and the CP that are never 'used' in the game beyond having to spend 10 seconds running through them.

That's a very good point. It makes me think there was a single-player campaign planned at some point that ran thru those empty rooms but it was jettisoned along the way.

This discussion has been closed.