• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    TTODewback wrote: »
    marvels civil war 2 is going exactly as i predicted
    they caused the predicted incident by trying to prevent it. if they wouldn't have acted on it the event would have never of happened

what a twist

it would make m night shamamamamalayan proud

His name is Shyamalan. This joke is no longer cool.

Because HE is no longer cool.

Well no, because it's no longer cool to make a punchline out of somebody's name just because it sounds foreign.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Zarya should have just projected a shield barrier on the kid when he over extended into the gorilla enclosure and then he
    Whoa I blacked out, I have been playing too much Overwatch this weekend trying to get a ponytail skin for Zarya before the summer event ended.

I did get the skin, though.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    We all agree that the massive outcry over shooting the gorilla is a little racist, right?

wat

the boy who fell in was black i believe, and there was a ton of "mother should bear all the responsibility for the gorillas death, how dare she not pay attention to her kid for 5 seconds, what a terrible mother, send her to jail, etc etc etc"

there was considerable backlash

The same thing happened with that white kid eaten by a croc at Disneyland

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    marvels civil war 2 is going exactly as i predicted
    they caused the predicted incident by trying to prevent it. if they wouldn't have acted on it the event would have never of happened

what a twist

it would make m night shamamamamalayan proud

His name is Shyamalan. This joke is no longer cool.

Because HE is no longer cool.

Well no, because it's no longer cool to make a punchline out of somebody's name just because it sounds foreign.

I just thought it was a tired and disrespectful joke after like the third time I saw it. I've been complaining about it for a long time but I admit I'm coming from an 'it's not funny' perspective. I get your point though for sure.

like we'd be having multi page discussions about the man and his work and people couldn't be bothered to learn to spell his name so they had to constantly joke about it. or they just didn't care enough to not make the joke and I thought he deserved more respect than that. not even as a fan, I don't like his work, but if you're gonna spend that much time talking about him at least spell the man's name right.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    We all agree that the massive outcry over shooting the gorilla is a little racist, right?

wat

the boy who fell in was black i believe, and there was a ton of "mother should bear all the responsibility for the gorillas death, how dare she not pay attention to her kid for 5 seconds, what a terrible mother, send her to jail, etc etc etc"

There certainly were people saying that, but at no point did the zeitgeist become about the crocodile. There is absolutely a racial component to the harambe shit.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Zarya should have just projected a shield barrier on the kid when he over extended into the gorilla enclosure and then he
    Whoa I blacked out, I have been playing too much Overwatch this weekend trying to get a ponytail skin for Zarya before the summer event ended.

5 loot boxes on the last day
    a single epic out of all of it
    the lucio juggling emote
    so I got all of lucios unlocks.
    I really wanted the Mercy skin too. Its one of her few good looking skins. Her legendary ones are novel but dont look very good to me.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Where's my Xena reboot, damnit? I recall being promised a Xena reboot.

wat

What was the mother doing when the baby jumped the railing? Did security cameras at the zoo pick up her location at the time of the incident?

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Today's dinner is a poor man's one, because I spent way too much on books today to be in a splurgin' mood
    6cSiOTCh.jpg

But it's also tasty as fuck. Image is pre-grated cheese, immediately post-egg.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I believe Don Lemon was bothered that people seemed more angry about the death of an innocent gorilla than the death of innocent black men across the country

but that's more tangential, not really about the killing itself

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Man was the monster all along

Good.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    It's still cool to make fun of silly european names though because double standards gotta double.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    damn abdhy you're messy

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    the issue is goblins and orcs and drow are sapient and the game is trying to come up with an excuse to have ultra-violence
    (for stuff like mindflayers, or demons, it is less problematic although the terms they use are still annoying - its less 'evil' and more 'going to come in conflict with humanoids')

mindflayer ethicists in deep arguments

well these humanoids have no telepathy it's not like they can even feel pain as we know it while we devour their psyche

yes but they appear to react to stimulus and seem distressed by the mindshattering, surely we can surmise that they are cognizant of the process at some level

okay but their mental energies are so fucking tasty is the thing

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

wat

There certainly were people saying that, but at no point did the zeitgeist become about the crocodile. There is absolutely a racial component to the harambe shit.

I'm gonna lean towards "but not really tho"

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    The idea of a "meme dump"

Memes being churned out because they're so easy to make, just raw dumb ideas sluicing from the minds of internet addicts onto websites where we can flick through them until we see one whose particular configuration pleases our particular idiosyncrasies and chortle uselessly

I am so pleased

Yes our cyberpunk dystopia does have some good qualities.

Though I believe meme dumps might be debatable as one of those good qualities

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    emnmnme wrote: »

wat

What was the mother doing when the baby jumped the railing? Did security cameras at the zoo pick up her location at the time of the incident?

do you know how fast kids can move when they decide to do something they know they're not supposed to? No one is perfect. That some people are lucky enough to never experience terrible consequences from losing sight of a kid for 1 minute does not mean that the people who do are necessarily irresponsible or evil.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited August 2016

wat

no I don't think so

crocodiles alligators are vile and evil and inhabit swamps like that

a zoo with a gorilla that is an endangered species is not even in the same fucking ballpark

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Cubed potato and ham, fried in high heat, before taking the heat down and adding butter and cubed mushroom

season with salt, pepper, a dash of chili, and chives, before adding two eggs, then grate cheese on top

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    damn abdhy you're messy

yeah I haven't cleaned my stove in forever. You can't "clean as you go" a stove! Shit's hot!

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

wat

Tav, I appreciate that racial tension and stuff like that may not be part of your reality, but you do not live in the states.

Really, tho. You just don't have the same perspective. Period.

• Options
    "inhabit" should really read "infest" when it comes to alligators/crocodiles and swamps

• Options
    crocodiles hardly eat anyone in the wild

but they're also not endangered

but mainly: crocodiles are reptiles, gorillas look humanlike. People are dumb.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Last night around 10 pm I was about to call it quits on getting any Olympics skin. I had played 10 matches straight, I was frustrated, and my reward box I just earned was my last chance. I opened it up and bellybutton Tracer - the best skin of them all - jumped out.

• Options
    But I am gonna drop this because I can't treat these conversations charitably.

• Options
    fucking hell this is tasty

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I dunno, maybe in the deep south people are making jokes about gorillas and racism, but the world and the internet are not the deep south.

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular

wat

no I don't think so

crocodiles alligators are vile and evil and inhabit swamps like that

#notallgators

• Options

wat

Tav, I appreciate that racial tension and stuff like that may not be part of your reality, but you do not live in the states.

I get that you're super enlightened now but take it down a notch, yeah?

• Options
  • Options

wat

do you know how fast kids can move when they decide to do something they know they're not supposed to? No one is perfect. That some people are lucky enough to never experience terrible consequences from losing sight of a kid for 1 minute does not mean that the people who do are necessarily irresponsible or evil.

An evasive dodge!

What was the mother doing at the time?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    no one has been talking about harambe at all around here. its pretty much forgotten about

Bless your heart.
  • Options

wat

I get that you're super enlightened now but take it down a notch, yeah?

I don't pretend to understand tensions between catholics and protestants like you do.

• Options
    amphibian genitalia out for @gator

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    i feel good

i got up early on sunday, hiked, went to beach, got burned, watched hbos, went to bed at a reasonable time, got up at 445 and went to gym, and now im at work

i think if i just focus hard on developing social connections and doing social things that arent going out to bars i will not find no alcohol as trying

speaking of which DESC ignoring my GONJASUFI question

I'd like everyone to note this post as Jake's official start of being Rob Lowe on Parks and Rec.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    r48ovd0fxm8t.png

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options

wat

An evasive dodge!

What was the mother doing at the time?

Probably what most mothers do, ignore a whining kid who wants to go swimming on a hot summer day while you're out at the zoo

• Options
    GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    The racial component of Harambe is that Harambe is a gorilla

... that's about it really, it's a silly meme

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    i think the argument was that the outrage over killing the gorilla also implies the gorilla's life was worth more than a black child's

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I only opened 5-ish lootboxes over the course of the olympics thing, so my bad I guess for not spamming more games, but I certainly didn't get anything worthwhile, except for a reddish-tinged Reaper skin which is possibly better than the base one but possibly not, still haven't decided.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.