Options

[Bioware Games] Stop Dragon My Heart Around

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The classes I really dug throughout the series were soldier, vanguard and infiltrator. My first run of every game was infiltrator. Biotic was amazing in 1, but I found companion powers more useful than my own in 2 and 3 because it became easier to miss with them. I could never really get into sentinel even though it sounded awesome, partly because I hated how the tech armour looked.

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    UltraNightmare continues! With my party (Sera, Blackwall, and Dorian) geared out in Heal on Kill, it's getting sort of easier.
    Dispel is basically mandatory to deal with Elite Spellbinders, their Barriers are huge and regen so quickly that it's the only way through. Other than that, Wraiths are infuriating because there's no way to stop their attacks short of killing them, and the fire Wraiths generated by Rage demons are brutal.

The Guardian Shield dudes are getting frustrating as well, when they have Guard they can't be CC'ed and flanking them just isn't reliable enough to get them shut down before huge damage, so I'll need to look into some guard break moves.

I did, however, just unlock Reaver spec, and Blackwall is reaching invulnerability. I need to craft Sera some proper daggers, or maybe swap her to Cole.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    I always played Soldier because I am boring.

Maybe I should do a Sentinel run at some point

Vanguard.

Live fast, die young, repeat.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Hey so I'm currently finishing up another DAI playthrough on PS4 and it seems the final fight has decided to bug out like whoa.

I'm super early in the fight, and if I remember right what he usually does is zap around, sometimes going up on top of things where you can't get to him and he'll shoot at you for a bit before coming back down. Problem is that's all he's doing. He never comes back down, just stays up on the perches, sometimes zapping right back to the same place. I've reloaded multiple times. Right now he's actually just floating up there doing absolutely nothing, forever.

I don't remember ever having issues with this fight in my previous 4 playthroughs. Has this happened to anyone? After a few minutes of searching the only bug I can find people talking about is one where the fight gets stuck if you take his health down too quickly, and I've barely taken his down at all.

• Options
    kaceyp wrote: »
    Hey so I'm currently finishing up another DAI playthrough on PS4 and it seems the final fight has decided to bug out like whoa.

I'm super early in the fight, and if I remember right what he usually does is zap around, sometimes going up on top of things where you can't get to him and he'll shoot at you for a bit before coming back down. Problem is that's all he's doing. He never comes back down, just stays up on the perches, sometimes zapping right back to the same place. I've reloaded multiple times. Right now he's actually just floating up there doing absolutely nothing, forever.

I don't remember ever having issues with this fight in my previous 4 playthroughs. Has this happened to anyone? After a few minutes of searching the only bug I can find people talking about is one where the fight gets stuck if you take his health down too quickly, and I've barely taken his down at all.

I think you have to have ranged attacks to wear him down at that point? But if he's floating and doing nothing you probably want to restart the whole mission.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    UltraNightmare continues! With my party (Sera, Blackwall, and Dorian) geared out in Heal on Kill, it's getting sort of easier.
    Dispel is basically mandatory to deal with Elite Spellbinders, their Barriers are huge and regen so quickly that it's the only way through. Other than that, Wraiths are infuriating because there's no way to stop their attacks short of killing them, and the fire Wraiths generated by Rage demons are brutal.

The Guardian Shield dudes are getting frustrating as well, when they have Guard they can't be CC'ed and flanking them just isn't reliable enough to get them shut down before huge damage, so I'll need to look into some guard break moves.

I did, however, just unlock Reaver spec, and Blackwall is reaching invulnerability. I need to craft Sera some proper daggers, or maybe swap her to Cole.

I'd strongly recommend against swapping Sera for Cole. Assassin burst doesn't really kill anything on nightmare, which kinda breaks the spec, and Sera is bar none the strongest damage dealer in the game with lightning flask up. When the AI uses it they get super haste for 5 seconds instead of the time dilation effect, it's silly. Also, once you're past the early game mage barriers become much more manageable, but enhanced elite shield bearers will become destroyers of worlds. Even at max level they'll chunk half my reaver's health through full guard, they have like a million points of guard, and they're immune to all cc but fear. they're basically the true final boss of the game, that you end up fighting over and over again. It terrifies me to think about fighting those dudes in trespasser.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I finished Mass Effect 2 four times, and ME3 two times, every time as Infiltrator.

I think i may have a problem.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    I finished Mass Effect 2 four times, and ME3 two times, every time as Infiltrator.

Naah.

It's not called Winfiltrator for nothing.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    When I got to the collector ship on my original infiltrator run and picked up the Widow for the first time I think I cried a single tear of joy

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    The widow is the defacto infiltrator gun.

Once you pick it up, there's no other primary to carry for infiltrator.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I dunno I liked the ME2 pistol set up, heavy stuff for cracking armour, light stuff for shields. Infiltrator surprise headshot with a Carnifex was bossin.

Solar on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Naah.

I think about half my ME2 runs were as engineer

So no judgement here

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    Sorce wrote: »

Naah.

I think about half my ME2 runs were as engineer

So no judgement here
    Engineer is pretty good. Infiltrator will always be my favorite of the six, though.

I've gone through the first two games with every class, and ME3 with 4 (Infiltrator, Vanguard, Engineer, and Sentinel).

sig.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the little wiggle straps hanging over the characters ass keep making me laugh

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    so that sure does sound a lot like Nolan North voicing DudeRyder there

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    What happened to LadyRyder being the default, huh

Also, still at pre-alpha, CALL ME ON NOVEMBER 7TH BIOWARE

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »

(snip)
    Phew. After trying in vain again today with the start-of-fight save, I reloaded to the save before you start the mission and it worked.

Also, I am excited for Andromeda and it was nice to see a bit of gameplay footage and now I'm just wondering how much stuff there is to scan (and what role exactly scanning things plays).

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Nolan North could absolutely get me to play DudeRyder

Unless they got like, the woman who played Hawke back

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    So..posted this over in G&T but copied here as I don't know how much cross pollination there is.
    Now this is interesting (also might be seen as spoilerish for some regarding who Ryder is)
    The Mass Effect series has always allowed players to choose between male and female characters, but in Mass Effect: Andromeda both versions of the protagonist, Ryder, will exist in the universe and are actually related.

"What people don't know, a little surprise here, is these two are brother and sister," Mac Walters, creative lead on Andromeda, told PlayStation Access. "They both exist in the game world at the same time. So if you're playing as the sister--the female Ryder--your bother is somewhere in the universe."

Not only that, but the character shown in the first reveal trailer wearing the N7 armor is also related to the Ryder siblings.

"Another fun little tidbit is the character we saw two E3s ago in the N7 is actually their father. We've got the full Ryder family now revealed. We'll do names and things in the future."
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mass-effect-andromedas-male-and-female-characters-/1100-6443398/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
    Now this I really like, especially after playing AC Syndicate this year which had a fantastic sibling relationship between the 2 main characters.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Huh
    So similar to Hawke then

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Turambar wrote: »
    Huh
    So similar to Hawke then

Not...really
    Hawke's siblings were distinct characters no matter Hawke's gender, playing as one didn't let you play as Carver or Bethany

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Huh
    So similar to Hawke then

Not...really
    Hawke's siblings were distinct characters no matter Hawke's gender, playing as one didn't let you play as Carver or Bethany
    And ideally the rest of the Ryder family won't be dead by the end of the game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Huh
    So similar to Hawke then

Not...really

DA2 spoilers
    I'm waiting for Frankendad Ryder

Wait no I didn't mean it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Huh
    So similar to Hawke then

Not...really

DA2 spoilers
    I'm waiting for Frankendad Ryder

Wait no I didn't mean it
    Too late, it's done. Bioware does have eyes on this forum, after all.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Hmm...if they do that for ME:A that'll be cool. Was one of my favorite parts of DA2.

I've also wished more games would have those.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So wait a second...possibly big spoilers already in article. Click at own risk

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Send in an audition clip to maybe get a voice role in Andromeda

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    bioware has brought on Alexis Kennedy, the writer of The Last Court, to work on an unannounced project (probably dragon age related)

• Options
    bioware has brought on Alexis Kennedy, the writer of The Last Court, to work on an unannounced project (probably dragon age related)

Oh I really liked the Last Court, Serault was a really cool slice of Dragon Age lore.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    What happened to LadyRyder being the default, huh

Also, still at pre-alpha, CALL ME ON NOVEMBER 7TH BIOWARE

my first thought was "of course they went with a white dude for this"

looks neat, but dang, did they really have to?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I'm going to finish this replay and get to Trespasser this time, I mean it. For reals. No getting sidetracked.

Is Trespasser entirely post-game or is there other stuff scattered throughout? It's been so long I can't remember what was in the base game and what was added.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I'm going to finish this replay and get to Trespasser this time, I mean it. For reals. No getting sidetracked.

Is Trespasser entirely post-game or is there other stuff scattered throughout? It's been so long I can't remember what was in the base game and what was added.

Trespasser is post-game stuff but it also added a bunch of toggles you can turn on for another playthrough to make it tougher.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »

Trespasser adds a couple of cool war table rewards and possibly missions? But no adventuring content beyond the post-game stuff.

• Options
    the new mass effect is the first time in a while that a Bioware game isn't an automatic purchase for me

like, I need to be confident in the quality of the writing - which includes healthy representations of people of color (no alien jokes)
    maybe showing off different types of protagonists would be a great way to show off their character creation system

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    They have mentioned that showing off Duderyder actually did serve a specific purpose, and it's a bit of marketing but I'll spoiler it anyway
    Femryder and Duderyder are siblings, and you pick one so your sibling is off doing other things in the galaxy

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dude rider?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Dude rider?

Well, it is still a Mass Effect game after all.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Space cowboy

• Options
    Danielle Riendeau talking about what she imagines the idea behind the asari to be is real nice

I don't know that I agree with her that it was the original intent but I like her idea a lot

dN0T6ur.png
This discussion has been closed.