[Bioware Games] Stop Dragon My Heart Around

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The thing about the asari, is that lesbians are so hot dude

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Danielle Riendeau talking about what she imagines the idea behind the asari to be is real nice

I don't know that I agree with her that it was the original intent but I like her idea a lot

Liiiiink.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    It's last week's Idle Weekend, which is always worth a listen

She specifically says something along the lines of, "I like to think it more than just whoa girls kissing girls is hot, bruh"

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    It's last week's Idle Weekend, which is always worth a listen

She specifically says something along the lines of, "I like to think it more than just whoa girls kissing girls is hot, bruh"

Well yeah, because they'll kiss a girl and then kiss you too. Super hot.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Has there ever been a video game rated m for mature that does not have a sequence set in a strip club or brothel, to show how mature it is

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Has there ever been a video game rated m for mature that does not have a sequence set in a strip club or brothel, to show how mature it is

Yes

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Yes
    Many, in fact

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    It's way way more common in TV shows

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yes
    Many, in fact

Let's not say anything we can't take back

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    That would be nice if it was the original idea behind the Asari.

Unfortunately in the end result they are just sexy space elves. Even the kickass ascetic warrior monk runs around with her boobs hanging out.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Dude rider?

Blast Hardcheese

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Bro Ryda and Flo Ryda seem self evident.

(Not totally sold on Flo Ryda, but it's just dumb enough for me to let it pass.)

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I like the Asari. I like the idea that a race whose age spans thousands of years just sort of tries everything. The stripper phase was a bit disappointing.

I do wish they went more with the psychic assassin bit like the Ghosts from StarCraft or something. But whatever, I liked Liara's story arc.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I think my initial, "canon" playthrough of Andromeda and its follow-ups is going to be with female Ryder.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Yes
    Many, in fact

Let's not say anything we can't take back

Hey, there's plenty of games where you just indulge in good old fashioned family friendly gruesome murder.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    The Asari moved from being just space babes after the first game.

Then it turns out they were just big, dumb assholes withholding valuable information.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    which ryder I use depends entirely on which VA I like more

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    I loved the sibling stuff in Dragon Age 2, so I'm excited to see what they do here.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Yes

One day I'll make a game and there'll be a strip club level and they'll build it up and talk about how sexy it is and when you go in there's a bunch of buff dudes lined up on stage swinging their dicks like propellers and having the time of their lives

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Yes

One day I'll make a game and there'll be a strip club level and they'll build it up and talk about how sexy it is and when you go in there's a bunch of buff dudes lined up on stage swinging their dicks like propellers and having the time of their lives
    I will buy that game

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    In my mind it's a bloodlines sequel

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Yet another reason why Half-Life was lauded as so innovative for its time.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Then it turns out they were just big, dumb assholes withholding valuable information.

Everyone is big dumb assholes withholding information in the Mass Effect Universe. That's why Shepard was necessary.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Everyone is big dumb assholes withholding information in the Mass Effect Universe. That's why Shepard was necessary.

Especially the Salarians!

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

Especially the Salarians!

But especially Bart

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Yes

'Havok dick-sim' is a phrase I uttered no fewer than five times at PAX.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

I don't know if I buy that Shepard isn't a big dumb asshole.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »

Oh, she is.

But she's the big dumb asshole the galaxy needs.

It's fighting fire with fire.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    McHoger wrote: »

Karl Shepard was a fucking saint.

Just paragoning the shit out of everything.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    That would be nice if it was the original idea behind the Asari.

Unfortunately in the end result they are just sexy space elves. Even the kickass ascetic warrior monk runs around with her boobs hanging out.
    If you want to tell the 1000-year old paladin she can't dress like a battle strawberry, go right ahead.

(I kid.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Send in an audition clip to maybe get a voice role in Andromeda

I'm staring at this pretty hard right now

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    http://blog.bioware.com/2016/08/30/explorers-wanted-contest/

Send in an audition clip to maybe get a voice role in Andromeda

I'm staring at this pretty hard right now

I'm gonna do it! Probably the first one

• Options
    The primary thing stopping me is that the sound of my own voice drives me up a wall, like I'm being attacked by my evil opposite, so I wouldn't be able to do a very good job listening to my recording and reworking my takes

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Goddamn, just reading those sample scripts is making me want Andromeda so bad

I need this game already

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    They are going to get actual years worth of recordings in response to that

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    The primary thing stopping me is that the sound of my own voice drives me up a wall, like I'm being attacked by my evil opposite, so I wouldn't be able to do a very good job listening to my recording and reworking my takes

Podcasting a bunch doesn't make you like your voice any more, but it does strip you of that visceral reaction to it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Even if I had a voice that was pleasurable to listen to, I really don't think I would want that.
    Anytime I got to the point in the game where it was my voice, I feel like it'd just shatter the in-game universe/illusion for me.
    And I would cry if that happened to me with Mass Effect.

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    If I got to voice someone who got punched or shot by Ryder I would probably keep a save right before it happens so I could replay it whenever I want

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    They did that VA contest for Inquisition, too. I remember because it was when I realized acting is not a skill I possess.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'm just glad we're getting another reporter to punch in the face .

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.