Options

US Presidential Election: Wave Riders

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »

omg the Megyn Kelly burn on Hannity

yaaas

This past year, getting shit from Trump for her blood whatever, the pusillanimous lack of support from Fox in that incident, plus her being named in all the stories for complaints against Ailes leading to his downfall, and now this Hannity shade...I wonder if Kelly is on the cusp of some sort of awakening

please let it be so

Doubtful, if anything I bet it was unintentional.

You mean subconscious

i mean she has to know she's surrounded by cowardly idiots and clowns

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    All of this Trump stuff has to be leading to even more federal investigations. If I were him, I would be extremely nervous about endless investigation and convictions at this point.

And Trump University isn't going away.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    All of this Trump stuff has to be leading to even more federal investigations. If I were him, I would be extremely nervous about endless investigation and convictions at this point.

Unfortunately, I think he's gotten himself to the level of profile that makes him basically unprosecutable. Getting him on this stuff now or after the election looks like political revenge.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Unfortunately, I think he's gotten himself to the level of profile that makes him basically unprosecutable. Getting him on this stuff now or after the election looks like political revenge.

Not only that, but the guy has been in constant litigation over the course of his entire business career. I doubt he flinches at the idea of someone suing him, especially given how fond he is of suing others.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Nah fuck that belief. He had this shit coming beforehand, and the Obama years show no matter how kind we are to the GOP for not fucking up their politicians for real crimes, they'll still make up fake ones about you and try that shit anyway. Trump should be prosecuted to the full extent of every law for every violation win or lose.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    Unless the public turns on him, then you can just hold up your hands and say, "Will of the people, not political at all!"

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Ignoring it when the entire world is staring directly at your future Pulitzer prize winning reporting from the Washington Post is the only thing that would look politically motivated.

Also once he loses, I promise you he will lose so much support. Not from the true deplorables but all the people just barely white knuckling it. It will be a true bipartisan effort.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The FBI and IRS don't take orders on who to prosecute, right? Like if there's something to investigate and prosecute about Trump it wouldn't be up to the person in the white house.

No doubt if it happened a lot of people would blame it on politics sure.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Preacher wrote: »
    I don't know why they have Stein on for anything. I mean she polls beneath a stupid internet meme and Harambe.

Because otherwise you'd be artificially inflating Johnson's results from protest voters.

Edit: Oh, you meant TV interviews, not polling results. NM.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Well yeah, that's the thing. Nobody wants to deal with that shitstorm.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

How dare Hillary Clinton call half of Trump supporters "deplorables" who are bigots and racists. Now to buy a doormat saying I am a deplorable racist bigot?

I hope after it gets used a bit the swastika starts to show through

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    The Cuba thing has now surfaced on my FB trending feed. I assume that means somebody's picked it up. (I am so not looking at it on FB though.)

• Options
    Donald Trump will be a private citizen if he loses so no, the executive and congressional branches would have nothing to do with it. The FBI, IRS and various state attorney generals would have a lot of fun stuff to do.

If President Donald Trump existed, it would be a lot of people in government's problem including impeachment hearings if warranted through congress.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

I've become convinced this was part of his plan.

Like "oh shit they're going to figure out all the illegal shit I did, better run for president so they don't even want to prosecute me."

• Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    especially given how fond he is of suing others.

I think you mean threatening to sue others.

• Options
    Honk wrote: »
    The FBI and IRS don't take orders on who to prosecute, right? Like if there's something to investigate and prosecute about Trump it wouldn't be up to the person in the white house.

They didn't take orders putting together the lists of potential domestic terror threats or auditing all those "nonprofit" right wing scam groups either.

That didn't stop both efforts from turning into political shitstorms.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    "It's pretty sad they have to go back 10, 20, 30 years to find something to hit Trump with. Now let me tell you about a little lady called Monica Lewinsky..."

well, self awareness has never been a strong point for the Trump campaign.

It is like the polar opposite of self awareness.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    "It's pretty sad they have to go back 10, 20, 30 years to find something to hit Trump with. Now let me tell you about a little lady called Monica Lewinsky..."

That explains all the retweets of his hands

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »

That too but he does sue people a lot from what I understand, he just doesn't typically win.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    I attempted to mentally Markov chain an article about the election;

Trump bad but Hillary pneumonia. White working class!!?? Eric trump dog fuck. Woman too fat but Bill Clinton. Gary Johnson best candidate, Jill stein harambe; Pepe nazi. Polls close Hillary makeup clothing, not likeable.

you're welcome no need to read any more articles

ps does anybody know what the format for 3rd debate is?

3rd Presidential is the same format as the first

A little bit louder and a little bit worse (it's Fox News)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

the Trump campaign, now in 4K IMAX.

• Options
    edited September 2016

It would be amazing how quickly Trump went from "Holt was great" to "Holt was OK" to "fuck Holt" if it were not so predictable with Trump.

Couscous on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular

Is that shocking? I mean, these people also hold up Confederate and Nazi flags. An internet meme frog that's virtually unknown outside of reddit is kinda mild by comparison.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yes, it is incredibly bad optics. About the only way I see it working is if you appoint a special prosecutor who is someone like Cruz or Christie, some ultra die hard Republican, but not either of them because they have personal reasons to knife non-President Donald, and let this theoretical GOPer just go to town on him.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    WordLustWordLust Fort Wayne, INRegistered User regular
    WordLust wrote: »

That too but he does sue people a lot from what I understand, he just doesn't typically win.

Maybe he's as good at presidential campaigns as he is at lawsuits!

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    I think it would be best if you prosecuted in a total media blackout, cause that's what would really hurt. Let him fade away into obscurity and become a punchline that people forget.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I generally don't like it when the internet leaks. Especially when it's dead memes

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I feel like the amount of time we spend talking about Johnson and Stein is grossly disproportionate to their actual impact on this election anything at all, ever

But not disproportionate to the amount of bullshit I get posted to my facebook by my idiot college friends.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

Does not matter because I doubt anyone will ask about it.

SarcasmoBlaster on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2016
    Yes, it is incredibly bad optics. About the only way I see it working is if you appoint a special prosecutor who is someone like Cruz or Christie, some ultra die hard Republican, but not either of them because they have personal reasons to knife non-President Donald, and let this theoretical GOPer just go to town on him.

Obama has ~3 months where he can kick it off. Then it doesn't affect Hillary at all.

Morkath on
  • Options
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    I think it would be best if you prosecuted in a total media blackout, cause that's what would really hurt. Let him fade away into obscurity and become a punchline that people forget.

Yea, no. I get the hilarity of that but damnatio memoriae your political opposition is a bit too Stalin-esque for me to not object to. Even if they did what you convicted them of.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    What's that frog?

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

The New York Attorney General seems more than willing to punch him square in the dick, the feds probably don't even have to get involved.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so this popped up on my feed. anyone got the details? would love to hear what she said.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    so this popped up on my feed. anyone got the details? would love to hear what she said.

apparently, this is what she said

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

The New York Attorney General seems more than willing to punch him square in the dick, the feds probably don't even have to get involved.

It appears that the investigation has been expanded to include the self-dealing accusations brought up last week as well.

NYAG is all outta fucks, and they have jurisdiction as the foundation is out of NYS.

• Options

Read the entire story. It starts out with a screaming headline, as it usually does, that he did business in Cuba. And it turns out that he decided not to invest there. They paid money, as I understand, in 1998 — and we’re not supposed to talk about many years ago when it comes to the Clintons.

• Options
    She is splitting hairs by admitting Trump spent money but saying he did not "invest money," which does not really make it OK.

• Options
    jmcdonald wrote: »

It appears that the investigation has been expanded to include the self-dealing accusations brought up last week as well.

NYAG is all outta fucks, and they have jurisdiction as the foundation is out of NYS.

As is traditional the NYAG wants to be Governor next so is looking for scalps.

It's better optics than a federal investigation though still not wonderful given Clinton's ties to NY.

• Options
    She is splitting hairs by admitting Trump spent money but saying he did not "invest money," which does not really make it OK.

That's because she's a spin jockey, not a lawyer.

Her instinct is to minimize and move on, when an admission of this is going to be trouble from a legal standpoint.

This discussion has been closed.