Options

[DAWN OF WAR] Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III ANNOUNCED

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Aww. I wanted Jonah to return as a psyker-dreadnought.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Matrias wrote: »
    S7zqPfSo2fVny5gAJSekWA-650-80.jpg
    umTEoJgioa3YFs88QCk56F-650-80.jpg
    Z6Nv79KXRyakHAQ4p9gt5F-650-80.jpg

who could that mysterious black Wraithknight be?

john-cena-28404213.jpg
    doo doo doooooooooooooo

• Options
    altidaltid Registered User regular
    Taldeer!

Think the PG Gamer article gave that one away a bit!
    http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-eldar-units-and-heroes-detailed/

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Can love bloom on a battlefield?

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    No.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    umTEoJgioa3YFs88QCk56F-650-80.jpg

Gipsy Danger got an upgrade?

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    The eldar in DoW are my favorite RTS faction ever

Sometimes overpowered but always best dressed

Stylin on fools since 2004

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Can love bloom on a battlefield?

What you are forgetting is that love IS a battlefield.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular

Soz only blood angels get librarian dreadnoughts

Further proof they are the best chapter

• Options
    No.

It's canon and you know it Mat. :P

@Delduwah is also correct:

Love_is_a_battlefield...jpg

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »

Like that would stop the Blood Ravens. There is no special gear they can't steal if they really want to.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    So does the Seerknight have Taldeer's, Ronahn's or both their voices?

Also are there plans to include other Phoenix Lords than Jain Zar?

• Options
    edited September 2016

Like that would stop the Blood Ravens. There is no special gear they can't steal if they really want to.

"What is this 'furioso' you speak of? This is merely a dreadnought with two hands."

Matrias on
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Dirty knife-ears

• Options
    edited September 2016

"What is this 'furioso' you speak of? This is merely a dreadnought with two hands."

"I suppose he is also furious. But that is merely coincidental."

Matrias on
  • Options

"Please accept this master crafted power axe with its holy runes, "Lo, Sanguinius is really neato, and we should totally hang sometime!!"

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2016
    No.

It's canon and you know it Mat. :P

@Delduwah is also correct:
    Love_is_a_battlefield...jpg

Pan over to opfor;

Dark elves singing NIN - Closer?

e:
    Zoom out to watch both sides snap fight towards each other, and then have a dance off?

Morkath on
  • Options
    I hear you guys like giant ghost robots.
    Wraithknight spotlight:
    https://www.dawnofwar.com/article/unit-spotlight-wraithknight

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    @Matrias i dun wanna build bases, I just wanna lead space marines to glory :| can we take out base building?

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    Base building seems minimal

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I want a PS4 port of Space Marine

• Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I'm hoping deathwing is coming to ps4 that would be fun

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I want a PS4 port of Space Marine

You could wait for the port of Eternal Crusade. I mean it is basically Sphess Mhereen 2.0

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Matrias i dun wanna build bases, I just wanna lead space marines to glory :| can we take out base building?

I've never particularly liked(or been good at) pure RTS games, so swapping back to the previous RTS style for... reasons, doesn't really do it for me either. My hope this far into development is simply that there will at least be something like The Last Stand in 3 that will appeal to those of us who preferred 2's style, so there will at least be some more tangible appeal to me than looking at screenshots of the spaceman game that I'm no good at playing.

• Options
    Hey Mat, you ever see any of the Big Dick Cheney music edits? Not that the music in the older games was bad, but I happen to think these three scenes in particular were much improved by a change of music, especially since the voice actors went all out. Some have been content blocked like the one with music from Wolf's Rain, but the rest are great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj7I_EAJuu0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNRHKaZmWBg&list=PLA26DDDB9977277FD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpk8N5Av5k

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Matrias i dun wanna build bases, I just wanna lead space marines to glory :| can we take out base building?

I've never particularly liked(or been good at) pure RTS games, so swapping back to the previous RTS style for... reasons, doesn't really do it for me either. My hope this far into development is simply that there will at least be something like The Last Stand in 3 that will appeal to those of us who preferred 2's style, so there will at least be some more tangible appeal to me than looking at screenshots of the spaceman game that I'm no good at playing.

I would love a 40k game that plays like Ground Control 2. Never had as much fun in multiplayer as with that game.

• Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

I would love a 40k game that plays like Ground Control 2. Never had as much fun in multiplayer as with that game.

If you liked Ground Control you should give World in Conflict a shot too

fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I miss world in conflict man that game was fun.
    Wish they would make a new one...

Wargame dragon rising is the closes I've found to it.

canuckont on
    I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Yo, I've been wondering about this. So the Imperium got a wide variety of races, probably from the age of strife and the dark age of technology's human colonizers of the stars, but I've been wondering a thing about the Salamanders and the Blood Ravens. There seems to be a discrepancy whether the Salamanders are actually black people (African descent) or "black" people, like white people (caucasians) with just a black tone. Which is it? I would prefer the former, since we have some different cultures and ethnicities represented, like Asians with the White Scars, Arabs with the Tallarns, Krieg/Armageddon with the aesthetic of different eras of Germany (WW1 trench fighters and WW2 Fallschirmjagers respectively), Valhallans/Vostroyans being Slavic (Soviet Russia and Ukrainian(?) Cossack respectively), and apparently there might have been a first nations/native american themed chapter/guard regiment. Now I believe there are black people in the Cadian regiments, I think in the Cain novels they mention black people in the Valhallan 597th, and Inquisitor Toth, Librarian Jonah are black dudes. Toth is probably not from Cyrene or the Aurellian sub sector, though he may come from somewhere in the overall sector. Is Jonah from Cyrene or another planet? Also, are there more black Blood Ravens? I assume in the transition from Cyrene to the Aurellian sector they could have just picked up any potential recruits to their battle barge, but among the scouts they seem to all be white guys.

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    Considering it's the year 40k I expect contemporary notions of race don't apply. Give it another few centuries and we'll be pretty well blended.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    DreadBert wrote: »
    Give it another few centuries and we'll be pretty well blended.

God damn Goobacks takin' our spess mehreen jerbs

• Options
    Currently the Salamanders have jet black skin and red eyes. I'm not that up to their backgound to say what they might culturally represent, beside being the nicest Space Marines around.

Krieg looks more french than german inspired.

GW seems to be increasing the diversity recently on the fantasy side at least I think. As far as I remeber every Sigmarine related model that actually shows some skin seems to be painted as black guys.

• Options
    Currently the Salamanders have jet black skin and red eyes. I'm not that up to their backgound to say what they might culturally represent, beside being the nicest Space Marines around.

GW seems to be increasing the diversity recently on the fantasy side at least I think. As far as I remeber every Sigmarine related model that actually shows some skin seems to be painted as black guys.

mz3iu01nymh1.jpeg

bobzpjebsl64.jpeg

• Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular

The books also talk about the geneseed causing massive changes as well. Are SM even really the same species after it?

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    From the new Black Templar books, the ones after Helsreach, the Celestial Lions had a some what African theme from what I remember. I want to say some of the Abnett guard books had other regiments that were less white than usual for GW but I don't remember exactly.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

The books also talk about the geneseed causing massive changes as well. Are SM even really the same species after it?

It's been awhile since my biology classes, but would they be counted as a species at all? I mean, they can't reproduce in the traditional sense.
    They have to recruit children and transform them into space marines through genetic modification and implanting new organs.

• Options
    I'd call them like the Emperor. Another offshoot or evolution of human, offshoot being the more appropriate word because like the Thunderwarriors, I don't think the Emprah ever wanted Space Marines to be what humanity was to evolve into. He also didn't want them to really evolve fully into psykers like the Eldar, as I think he saw that as part of the failure of the race and empire. I think the Emperor wanted humanity to become more like him or at least like the primarchs, evolution rather than utilitarian design like the sphess mehreens (or ratlings/ogryns/thunderwarriors). They are considered "abhuman", an offshoot class of humanity that is tolerated because of their usefulness, and are more tolerated than psykers because they don't have the ability to explode into demons.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

It's been awhile since my biology classes, but would they be counted as a species at all? I mean, they can't reproduce in the traditional sense.
    They have to recruit children and transform them into space marines through genetic modification and implanting new organs.

Humans who are sterile, for whatever reason, don't stop being counted as among the human species.

• Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN