Options

Not [Chat]Some Enough

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, back to something more cheerful - The Walking Dead.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    This makes me think of the music with the rhythm games like beatmania I use to play.
    and here's the tweet of one of the creators playing stepmania to it:

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i didn't go to Prom because i was still a reverse vampire when it happened.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I had some meh moments in elementary school. Middle school was mixed. 7th grade I was actually pretty good. I remember getting numbers in my year book. 8th grade I became basically unhinged. I think most people do during middle school at some point.

By sophomore year I was pretty normal again. I went to all but freshman homecoming. Dates for sophomore and senior year.

I think after 8th grade I some how escaped being bullied and such. Getting marked crazy and fearless I guess did that. I still didn't date much but that was my own fault not the ladies.

Ahh a good story of Mazzy being witless with ladies. Thank god Mazzxx is super upfront.

So I took C++ and Java between Sophomore and Junior year of high school. In my Java class was a girl named J who I went to high school with. Also Asian, seriously world you want that preference set in early didn't you? J was a geek. We got along well but I never thought to date her because she was weird J. She was an odd ball and being a high school kid that meant I overrode my interest for social standing or whatever bullshit it was saying.

But one time we were in the hall just hanging out. And we were just talking and J looked at me, with our other friends around too, "You masturbate right? I know we all do. How often do you masturbate? I am like a few times a week."

Ahh high school.

She also got like super buff. It was neat running into her later. She was kind of bad ass.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    @OnTheLastCastle

My high school years were also absolutely the 90's Movie-est. Even after the Epic Highschool Beatdown, the cops showed up (because it was the 90's).

But yeah, I was in a punk band, ended up with dreadlocks after highschool, yadda.

My high school reunion was fuckin dope though. All those people I thought hated me back then? Nah, it was like the best greeting and the warmest feeling.

Then I totally smanged a hippy chick that night.

Fuck, yeah, my life actually IS absurd

Oh, also, I just talked to Important Things Girl, and we're on for thursday

I have... literally no idea how to exist.

I. Can't. Even.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I went to a social dance with a future Miss Indiana, as friends. So there's that. I have a pic somewhere.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    For my one and only prom I took a girl from another school who was a friend of my buddy's date. Her name was Tambi.

We got all dressed up and went to a nice restaurant and then we went and danced for hours and hours and then I drove everyone home in my van. The end.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    This makes me think of the music with the rhythm games like beatmania I use to play.
    and here's the tweet of one of the creators playing stepmania to it:

Man I use to play stepmania for hours on end.

I actually did ddr competitions in college. I wasn't the top end my roommates were though.

But the whole ddr/beatmania and such games tend to attract similar people.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    rockrnger wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I lived the life of a youtube documentary about highschool in highschool

I imagine you as the guy from brick with an accent.
    was there a guy in brick that had an accent or am I one of the guys who didn't have an accent in brick, except I do have an accent in this scenario?

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    My nine year old now has a few rooms, a character that follows the mouse, collision, and has made the sprites for some enemies in his game he is making.

He was also earlier not listening to anything I asked him to do and generally being a butt.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Current project:
    I don’t have any children. Let’s suppose that I never have any, and hence that no children of mine ever exist. Does it make sense to think of those never-existing children as having missed out on life, to think of them as having been deprived of something as a result of my choice not to have them? A common answer is: of course not. Although the death of an already-existing person may be a tragedy for the one who dies, failing to be born is no tragedy for the one who fails to be born. Strictly speaking, it is not even correct to say that there was someone--an individual--who failed to be born. The very nature of the harm we are attempting to attribute guarantees that there can be no valid subject for its attribution. Furthermore, one might continue, this realization does important ethical work. If it is impossible to be harmed by not being born, then it may be that I harm no one when I decline to reproduce. If I am harming no one, I may be wronging no one--and this even under the supposition that I easily could have had children, had I set my mind to it, and that had I done so they would have gone on to live excellent lives. And this conclusion may be quite compelling, especially so to those among us with no particular interest in procreation, let alone procreation on the scale one suspects might be required if the hypothetical harm we are considering turned out to not only be cogent but to be similar in magnitude to the harm of having an already-there life taken away.

So there is an interesting nexus of practical-metaphysical thought here; it posits a sharp metaphysical distinction between the ever-existing and the never-existing, and in so doing offers the basis for further, attractive, ethical distinctions in our obligations with respect to bringing new lives into existence. Unfortunately, however lovely this package may be, I do not believe it survives scrutiny. This because I don’t believe the distinction between the ever-existing and the never-existing is sharp, or, at least, I don’t believe it’s sharp in the way that would be required for it to block the attribution of harm to those who, in virtue of never being born, thereby miss out on the lives they otherwise could have had. My argumentative strategy is as follows. First, I note that throughout our lives we go through regular periods of unconsciousness, i.e. we sleep, and that for at least some of our slumber we fail to exhibit the characteristics that ordinarily ground our status as objects susceptible to benefit and harm. Yet we still feel qualified to judge, of a sleeping person, that it would harm them were they, speaking loosely, to fail to reenter existence—that is, we feel qualified to judge that it would harm a sleeping person were they to never wake up. I argue that the intelligibility of this behavior, once properly understood, is already sufficient to secure the same when it comes to those who never ‘wake up’ in the first place, that is to say, those who are never born. Now, in arguing this I will not argue that those who are asleep literally fail to exist, nor that those who never exist are literally asleep. The second of those claims (though perhaps not the first) is absurd when taken literally. Nonetheless, it is not a bad way to summarize my conclusions to say that though language may be figurative it is not misleading.

I've written versions of this paper several times and the main problem is that everyone thinks it's stupid BUT I'M STILL TRYING

*flails*

@Apothe0sis @rockrnger @LoserForHireX

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    I am unable to provide a selfie. As I'm highly against linking my face to this handle.. in the cyber but I'll be a SoPAX, maybe?, in January, if work doesnt declare another state of emergency.

Let me tell you about a little lifehack called gaining 60 pounds and being unrecognizable to yourself

Google AI would still be able to build a strong association; currently the association between me and this handle/forum, while it exists is at a low/medium confidence - I'd like to keep it that way because while I don't mind on a personal level, I do mind if my employer (current or future) finds me and my posts. I've deemed this place my 'safe-ish' space for just not giving any damns and posting about various things up to and including butts (opinions I have on products and development methods for things I actually make).

Basically, butts, man, butts

Let me tell you about another little lifehack for disappearing from online search results:
    Change your name to Joseph Stalin

@Grape Ape - I'm not concerned with the public search option. :bzz: I'm also a bit over zealous about certain things (that I still don't protect very well because lol, i'm dumb).

I mean some company goes all joe mccarthy on me, my bored google searches alone are enough to screw me.
    On a more philosophical note, I believe that most everyone has something that, while not necessarily damning, would be uncomfortable to have brought up as an ambush. It's practically a trope.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular

was there a guy in brick that had an accent or am I one of the guys who didn't have an accent in brick, except I do have an accent in this scenario?
    The main guy only you have an Accent.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Which guy from brick

The Pin, Tug, the burnout, Brad Bramish, or JGL?

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    navgoose wrote: »
    My nine year old now has a few rooms, a character that follows the mouse, collision, and has made the sprites for some enemies in his game he is making.

He was also earlier not listening to anything I asked him to do and generally being a butt.

Your kid's a god now, navgoose.

Gods never listen to their parents.

You flew too close to the sun, my friend.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    The new Doom is bananas. It absolutely makes you want to just run in and start blasting motherfuckers, regardless of the situation.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    See...

I would post a thing on facebook. but then people I know in real life would know about things that make me feel things. That's probably a bad idea.

better not.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular

You spat blood on people?

That's a horned frog.

• Options
    Current mood: I wish i had amnesia so i could re-experience a cartoon for the first time again.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    right, so
    a few months ago i went to a music festival with my best friend and two girls he works with

one of the girls had a guy friend who was, uh, overbearing

they are not dating and she has no interest in dating him but they've been friends for like 5+ years now

like he would message her 15+ times in a row until she responded and call her several times an hour

she uploaded a selfie of us and her aggressively questioned who i was etc etc

she realises that this behaviour is awful but she's too nice to say anything and doesn't think he'll cause harm

fast forward to this week, it is her bday and this dude took out a 2.5k bank loan to surprise her with a trip to america

apparently her told her this when they were out with other people and well, i don't think he got the reaction he was looking for

tumblr_ljy477PjwD1qbhikco1_500.jpg

This might be one of the worst things I've ever read

I'm shriveled like a raisin from the cringe

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    navgoose wrote: »

You spat blood on people?

That's a horned frog.

Yes, but also i'd die if I wasn't home in my tanning bed before dark.

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    The new Doom is bananas. It absolutely makes you want to just run in and start blasting motherfuckers, regardless of the situation.

d... Did you not slavishly watch OnTheLastCastle stream that game?

Fuckin... DOOM is BAE

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    right, so
    a few months ago i went to a music festival with my best friend and two girls he works with

one of the girls had a guy friend who was, uh, overbearing

they are not dating and she has no interest in dating him but they've been friends for like 5+ years now

like he would message her 15+ times in a row until she responded and call her several times an hour

she uploaded a selfie of us and her aggressively questioned who i was etc etc

she realises that this behaviour is awful but she's too nice to say anything and doesn't think he'll cause harm

fast forward to this week, it is her bday and this dude took out a 2.5k bank loan to surprise her with a trip to america

apparently her told her this when they were out with other people and well, i don't think he got the reaction he was looking for

tumblr_ljy477PjwD1qbhikco1_500.jpg

This might be one of the worst things I've ever read

I'm shriveled like a raisin from the cringe

Jesus.......

That's..... wow

• Options
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I went to Trader Joe's. I bought:

-Muenster Cheese
    -Extra Sharp Ceddar Cheese
    -Pinot Noir
    -Mochi Green Tea Ice Cream Balls

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »

And more or less rewards you for doing it.
    It's great. Good shooting. Good movement tech. Just about the right level of hard. Kinda character building stuff that doesn't get too annoying or grindy.

It's pretty tits. Just about exactly what a doom remake should be.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Current project:
    I don’t have any children. Let’s suppose that I never have any, and hence that no children of mine ever exist. Does it make sense to think of those never-existing children as having missed out on life, to think of them as having been deprived of something as a result of my choice not to have them? A common answer is: of course not. Although the death of an already-existing person may be a tragedy for the one who dies, failing to be born is no tragedy for the one who fails to be born. Strictly speaking, it is not even correct to say that there was someone--an individual--who failed to be born. The very nature of the harm we are attempting to attribute guarantees that there can be no valid subject for its attribution. Furthermore, one might continue, this realization does important ethical work. If it is impossible to be harmed by not being born, then it may be that I harm no one when I decline to reproduce. If I am harming no one, I may be wronging no one--and this even under the supposition that I easily could have had children, had I set my mind to it, and that had I done so they would have gone on to live excellent lives. And this conclusion may be quite compelling, especially so to those among us with no particular interest in procreation, let alone procreation on the scale one suspects might be required if the hypothetical harm we are considering turned out to not only be cogent but to be similar in magnitude to the harm of having an already-there life taken away.

So there is an interesting nexus of practical-metaphysical thought here; it posits a sharp metaphysical distinction between the ever-existing and the never-existing, and in so doing offers the basis for further, attractive, ethical distinctions in our obligations with respect to bringing new lives into existence. Unfortunately, however lovely this package may be, I do not believe it survives scrutiny. This because I don’t believe the distinction between the ever-existing and the never-existing is sharp, or, at least, I don’t believe it’s sharp in the way that would be required for it to block the attribution of harm to those who, in virtue of never being born, thereby miss out on the lives they otherwise could have had. My argumentative strategy is as follows. First, I note that throughout our lives we go through regular periods of unconsciousness, i.e. we sleep, and that for at least some of our slumber we fail to exhibit the characteristics that ordinarily ground our status as objects susceptible to benefit and harm. Yet we still feel qualified to judge, of a sleeping person, that it would harm them were they, speaking loosely, to fail to reenter existence—that is, we feel qualified to judge that it would harm a sleeping person were they to never wake up. I argue that the intelligibility of this behavior, once properly understood, is already sufficient to secure the same when it comes to those who never ‘wake up’ in the first place, that is to say, those who are never born. Now, in arguing this I will not argue that those who are asleep literally fail to exist, nor that those who never exist are literally asleep. The second of those claims (though perhaps not the first) is absurd when taken literally. Nonetheless, it is not a bad way to summarize my conclusions to say that though language may be figurative it is not misleading.

I've written versions of this paper several times and the main problem is that everyone thinks it's stupid BUT I'M STILL TRYING

*flails*

Apothe0sis rockrnger LoserForHireX

This seems very not stupid to me, but it runs headlong into all the questions of identity and consciousness and continuity

You should also add:

What if we set up a matter teleporter inside a woman's womb?

• Options
    I want a chainsword.

It is such a metal weapon.

Actually give me a chain axe.

55980_4a22dfc7193002852ed9043d7163eb41.jpg

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    [chat]
    I need one of you to say something very white.

• Options
    i want a chain ledger to do grimdark accounts on.

• Options
    edited October 2016

The main guy only you have an Accent.

I did have a self-destructive tolerance for a self-destructive girlfriend, she didn't die or whatever

tho heroin was probably not involved

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    [chat]

Well, gee officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    Current project:

*flails*

Apothe0sis rockrnger LoserForHireX

This seems very not stupid to me, but it runs headlong into all the questions of identity and consciousness and continuity

You should also add:

What if we set up a matter teleporter inside a woman's womb?

pew pew!

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Buenas noches, [chat]. ¿Cómo estás?

• Options
    [chat]

Well, gee officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that.

8HpZYBel.jpg

• Options
    [chat]

polarbear in a snowstorm

covering its nose

and closing its eyes

• Options
    I want a chainsword.

It is such a metal weapon.

Actually give me a chain axe.

55980_4a22dfc7193002852ed9043d7163eb41.jpg

chain axe is more metal than chain sword

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Buenas noches, [chat]. ¿Cómo estás?

asi-asi, chica. y tu?

• Options
    [chat]

The cocktail party at the country club ran out of watercress sandwiches.

Some of my best friends are black.

Let's all do the macarana.

This discussion has been closed.