Options

The Trump Administration Thread Is Now Happening

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    No it's not you twat waffle. It's not an oath of allegiance to Americans, it's an oath of office, a promise of duty. Oh crap, here comes the making up facts thing again.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Someone made an Immortan Trump mini:
    A191%20Immortan%20Drumpf%20composite.jpg

The product description: "The Tangerine Titan, Immortan Drumpf: 15 years after Drumpf became the leader of the Free World, the planet is in a catastrophic state. The oceans have run dry, the air is toxic, the bees have died and we have run out of spray tan. Maintaining leadership via the simple process of ignoring reality, Drumpf continues to hold power and in fact has seemingly grown younger, hairier and more orange than ever."

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    How is Obama not charging him and pummeling him to the ground for the shit he is talking?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Oh hey it's a vision of America as a wasteland. Apparently the US is a post-apocalyptic hellhole.

Give it time.

Also

f u trump fu trump f u trump f u trump

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    This is going to make great sound-bites in 2 years when his administration tanked the economy and sold off land and law to the corporations.

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    His description of America sounds like something someone described to him from a dystopian fiction novel they read a few years ago that they got for free from Amazon Prime.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Boy Trump is awful at speaking

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    imdointhis wrote: »
    Veevee wrote: »
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

Let's ... make that not a problem...? Somehow?

Same solution as always: more police brutality.

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    The applause is very... lets say subdued

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    So we're in some fucking trouble I think yeah.

I mean yeah no this guy is Hitler. There will be riots tonight I think.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    You know, if he follows through on what this speech says, it's going to be a great 4 years. Really, it's full of great platitu...

Never mind, "the inner city is full of drugs and gangs... this carnage stops right now"

Fuck

Trump will not allow anyone else to be as full of drugs or with as despicable an entourage as he.

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Kaputa wrote: »
    Watching the inauguration on mute with weird electronic music playing has been trippy as hell. Increases the dystopia feel by like 12x

I'm headed to do this too, because my gym is definitely going to be showing this, but it'll be impossible to read the closed captioning and the bike requires angry electronica

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

Fuck

In Cleveland gang related violence has seen a dramatic uptick and the drug problem is so bad (re: heroine and fentanyl) that it is constantly talked about on NPR and there are billboards posting for help everywhere.

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Boy Trump is awful at speaking

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh wow, this just pivoted into Trump-speak.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    the sad part is, I can see how this sounds amazing to people in my hometown.

The ones that don't get the realities of globalization, and why they can afford $10 clothes at Wal-mart.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    If anyone thought he was going to try and be eloquent they must be ever so slightly disappointed.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I can't fucking believe "America First! America First!"

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    This is going to make great sound-bites in 2 years when his administration tanked the economy and sold off land and law to the corporations.

Assumes it won't be against the law to quote President Trump's past words in 2 years

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Fuck this lying hateful sentient rat's nest.

I prefer Chuck tingles title "Shrieking pile of bubbling void crabs"

• Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    Is this one of those speeches where Trump pretends he won the popular vote and redefines "the people" to mean "the non-plurality who voted for me"?

He doesn't regard his opponents as people.

• Options
    TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    "We will bring back our borders?"

'the fuck?

• Options
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    If anything, I hope he follows through on his infrastructure focus.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    I can't fucking believe "America First! America First!"

Amerika den Amerikanern

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Not quite Lincoln's Second Inaugural here.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Good luck, everybody. Watch out for yourselves, your friends, and neighbors. Stay safe.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    That was a weird ass line.

EDIT: What am I doing, I'm looking for consistency here and that's just madness.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    guess this is when America steps off the world stage as a hegemonic superpower and we see the rise of the PRC in it's place

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Well he's not wrong.

We will shine for everyone to follow.

It'll be a radioactive shine, but hey, take what you can.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

Fuck

That's not what I suggested and I haven't heard anyone suggest it.

How would you like to stop the problem?

Trump has been suggesting police brutality. His promise is that the police won't need to be "politically correct" and will be able to to what is needed against thugs.

It is something Trump has repeatedly suggested even if he refuses to call it police brutality.

Couscous on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    How are we going to eliminate Radical Islamic Terrorism from the face of the earth?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Like a burning corpse flung from the precipice, we will light the way for those behind us.

• Options
    KaputaKaputa Registered User regular
    RADICAL. ISLAMIC. TERRORISM.

I knew it was coming

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Oh holy fuck what the fucking fuck was that line.

Total allegiance to America?!

• Options
    Forced unity!

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Good luck, everybody. Watch out for yourselves, your friends, and neighbors. Stay safe.

stay safe from what?

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    "When you open your heart to patriotism, there's no room for prejudice"

Uhhh

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    LoisLaneLoisLane Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

stay safe from what?

Trump.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    Oh holy fuck what the fucking fuck was that line.

Total allegiance to America?!

no more working with other countries I see

this is a pretty terrible speech

This discussion has been closed.