Options

Cat [chat]

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    you can be a lady with a full sleeve american flag tattoo in ghost recon wildlands

cry about it liberals

it is perfect almost beyond measure

on the one hand they want to call all modern military shooters bland, brown-hued hoo-rah american jingoist war drum hammering. for the finer, more sophisticated nerd-liberal we have spec ops the line, the only acceptable shooter because it faces you with the mirror of your xenophobia, etc etc

but on the other hand, strong, empowered, tattooed combat waifu who broke through the grass ceiling

*belly chuckle*

I'm sure this is like half joke but I don't really feel like this critique of liberal nerds is at all accurate

No it's 100% me

this sweet vindication..

j/k games depicting women in the military gloss over the actual reality of military life for women and also we should abolish the military and also nation-states

Well... not to be apologist... but it's not horrible everywhere...

...where it's horrible, it's pretty fucking horrible tho...

I actually know very little of this subject, and I think that'd be a silly complaint anyway, because the alternative is robbing women of the ability to play women in certain games and that's gross.

But I would not speak on this issue as though I am an expert.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    those new shoes have you actin' awful cocky up there brah

Shoes and bro supplements :/

Actually I haven't noticed much difference with the shoes. Maybe once they're fully broken in? They aren't super aggressive or really much different than the rental models.

yes but they are yours and no one else's foot sweat is in them

you aren't wearing socks are you?

nosocks!

No socks.

But I am bouldering with my harness and full trad rack on, that's ok right?

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Nike Free's are the best shoes on earth.

Best. Shoes. On. Earth.

Someone edit in the claps? I don't feel like doing it...

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Nausicaa is the best Miyazaki film and I'll 1v1 Fox only anyone who says otherwise

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    you can be a lady with a full sleeve american flag tattoo in ghost recon wildlands

cry about it liberals

on the one hand they want to call all modern military shooters bland, brown-hued hoo-rah american jingoist war drum hammering. for the finer, more sophisticated nerd-liberal we have spec ops the line, the only acceptable shooter because it faces you with the mirror of your xenophobia, etc etc

but on the other hand, strong, empowered, tattooed combat waifu who broke through the grass ceiling

*belly chuckle*

I'm sure this is like half joke but I don't really feel like this critique of liberal nerds is at all accurate

No it's 100% me

this sweet vindication..

j/k games depicting women in the military gloss over the actual reality of military life for women and also we should abolish the military and also nation-states

I actually know very little of this subject, and I think that'd be a silly complaint anyway, because the alternative is robbing women of the ability to play women in certain games and that's gross.

Oh I mean you're actually not wrong... you're just not right 100% of the time. 20 years ago you'd be be right 100% of the time.

Progress?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    They should make me a mod so I can bang everyone.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    What typo?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    gsi7ddxifa84.jpg

I like to believe it is really the doge shown

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Nausicaa is the best Miyazaki film and I'll 1v1 Fox only anyone who says otherwise

I'm more partial to Airbender but okay

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

Actually I haven't noticed much difference with the shoes. Maybe once they're fully broken in? They aren't super aggressive or really much different than the rental models.

nosocks!

No socks.

lol

make sure you got them 10 inch cams on there just in case

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    so this is frustrating

my wife bought a HDMI cable specifically to run it from her PC to her TV so she could play video games on her TV and chill that way, especially for when the new Mass Effect comes out

do the whole Steam Big Picture thing

aaaaaand every time she tries to run any game, it crashes

she can't figure out why, and is getting super frustrated with the internet's dumb advice

anyone got any thoughts on this

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »
    It's odd that the Akira manga had a bunch of cool badass female characters, while the movie had exactly one girl whose entire role was to show her boobs and then eventually get killed

Didn't the anime have a female resistance fighter who Kaneda was mooning over?

Oh, yeah, she's still cool. Though I don't think she ever really gets a chance to do much, whereas she has her own storylines in the manga.

The movie cuts out a ton of storylines as far as I've heard which is what lends the film it's frequent incoherence.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    Shivahn Remind me if there are any food allergies in play?

@Alazull nope! Incidentally, this weekend is planned, but I always have more occasions forever

@Shivahn Okay so like next time, make salted caramel dark chocolate pot-au-creme.

Salted Caramel Recipe.

Dark Chocolate Pot au Creme Recipe.

Adjust recipe for serving sizes, although they will last for a week at least if kept chilled and covered so if you feel like just making enough to open one whenever you can.

Wait until the chocolate completely chills and sets before pouring the caramel on top of it, otherwise it will sink to the bottom of the chocolate. Also I recommend getting the widest mouthed containers, because it's easier to garnish. For example, with whipped cream, and crushed hazelnuts.

I'm not even going to lie this is on the dessert menu right now, we sell out of it every night, and it is most likely getting evrrrrrybody laid.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular

You get them Fivefingers brah?

Heard they're magic shoes.
    Toes, individually, are weak.

Together, stronk.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    all I am saying is that the mods all have the same uniforms, wield ultimate, undemocratic power, have special privileges and claim they are necessary to protect us against the other - the trolls, large image sizes, unauthorised indie game developers and kickstarters. We are told that the individual is worthless compared to the community...

I mean, look in the textbook under...

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Howl's Moving Castle is great

Only Miyazaki can make a scene about walking up steps dramatic and hilarious and surreal and unsettling all at once

Actually come to think of it Spirited Away has a great staircase scene too

Miyazaki is the stair master

wandering on
  • Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    all I am saying is that the mods all have the same uniforms, wield ultimate, undemocratic power, have special privileges and claim they are necessary to protect us against the other - the trolls, large image sizes, unauthorised indie game developers and kickstarters. We are told that the individual is worthless compared to the community...

I mean, look in the textbook under...

As far as I know, SIG is either Hillary Clinton or Charlize Theron and Tube is a hedgehog on vacay.

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    so this is frustrating

my wife bought a HDMI cable specifically to run it from her PC to her TV so she could play video games on her TV and chill that way, especially for when the new Mass Effect comes out

she can't figure out why, and is getting super frustrated with the internet's dumb advice

crashes of what severity - hangs machine? blue screen? app crashes to desktop?

I would suspect some video card and driver funkiness first - connect the normal monitor to the computer via HDMI and see what happens?

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @pony don't use steam big picture set the tv as a second monitor clone and run the game. Report back if still crashing. Steam big picture blows butts.

• Options
    ronya wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    so this is frustrating

crashes of what severity - hangs machine? blue screen? app crashes to desktop?

I would suspect some video card and driver funkiness first - connect the normal monitor to the computer via HDMI and see what happens?

When she runs a game, any game, that game crashes and throws an error message. The PC itself doesn't hardlock or nothin'.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    So I'm listening to the SuperBestFriendcast in the car, like you do

And I get to the end and this week's ending song starts playing

And I'm like, "Hey, I've heard this before. Is it from a Nintendo game?"

I'm thinking really hard about it before

Oh wait

It's the Jimquisition theme

That's nice! (Since the guest was Laura Kate Dale, who is a regular on Jim Sterling's podcast)

I should be embarrassed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I'm not sure why the monitor output would crash a game but computers are tricksy beasts, it is known. I suppose updating the video card drivers is also a first step.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

Best. Shoes. On. Earth.

i love those new nike free rn flyknits, where the knit topsole comes all the way to the throat so it's like putting on socks

Nike-Free-RN-Flyknit-41.jpg?x52921

• Options
    That is quite embarrassing, kobold.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I am now only five features away from a solid prototype of the thing I've been working on. Once those are crammed in I do a lot of polishing and bug hunting and then I can start showing it to appropriate circles to see if I can get their attention.

At my current rate I'm thinking it'll be ready in early April, maybe sooner.

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Too much truth for one video.

Fucking XCOM.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn Remind me if there are any food allergies in play?

Alazull nope! Incidentally, this weekend is planned, but I always have more occasions forever

Shivahn Okay so like next time, make salted caramel dark chocolate pot-au-creme.

Salted Caramel Recipe.

Dark Chocolate Pot au Creme Recipe.

Adjust recipe for serving sizes, although they will last for a week at least if kept chilled and covered so if you feel like just making enough to open one whenever you can.

Wait until the chocolate completely chills and sets before pouring the caramel on top of it, otherwise it will sink to the bottom of the chocolate. Also I recommend getting the widest mouthed containers, because it's easier to garnish. For example, with whipped cream, and crushed hazelnuts.

I'm not even going to lie this is on the dessert menu right now, we sell out of it every night, and it is most likely getting evrrrrrybody laid.

Thank you <3

I am pretty sure I'm getting laid anyway but maybe I will get double-laid

• Options

nosocks!

No socks.

lol

make sure you got them 10 inch cams on there just in case

this arrogant, shaming side...

i like it

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    that looks comfy

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    How, in 2017, is flat Earth a thing?

I mean HOW?

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Haha he's still Dennis from other videos nice

• Options

cry about it liberals

*belly chuckle*

No it's 100% me

this sweet vindication..

Oh I mean you're actually not wrong... you're just not right 100% of the time. 20 years ago you'd be be right 100% of the time.

Progress?

Right, I mean, I know it's pretty often super bad, I just wouldn't be able to lodge specific complaints beyond "sexual assault is not taken seriously"

• Options
    edited February 2017
    @pony don't use steam big picture set the tv as a second monitor clone and run the game. Report back if still crashing. Steam big picture blows butts.

Seems like she only has 1 HDMI output? So she has to manually switch from the monitor to the PC (like physically switch which one is attached) since both are using HDMI

Pony on
  • Options

Best. Shoes. On. Earth.

i love those new nike free rn flyknits, where the knit topsole comes all the way to the throat so it's like putting on socks

Nike-Free-RN-Flyknit-41.jpg?x52921

After about a week of wear they are the most comfortable damn thing you can ever put on your feet.

Chubert, you are a man of exquisite taste in footwear.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    How, in 2017, is flat Earth a thing?

I mean HOW?

Once you believe in chemtrails, you will believe in anything.

Even easily disproven shit.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    i run in free rn flyknits and... for 30 minutes at a time... they...

they make me forget i'm fat

*bursts into tears*

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    @Pony I think this may have to do with the refresh rate of a TV versus that of a monitor, maybe.

Tho if you're getting the screen to show up and it's just the game crashing this might not apply. But maybe it does?

• Options
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    @Pony I think this may have to do with the refresh rate of a TV versus that of a monitor, maybe.

Tho if you're getting the screen to show up and it's just the game crashing this might not apply. But maybe it does?

Yeah, the screen shows up, like she can get the desktop to show up, browse chrome, etc. As soon as she tries to run a game, poof it craps.

• Options

cry about it liberals

*belly chuckle*

No it's 100% me

this sweet vindication..

Progress?

Right, I mean, I know it's pretty often super bad, I just wouldn't be able to lodge specific complaints beyond "sexual assault is not taken seriously"

Its weird because sometimes it's different than that.

I mean, I could regale you on how being a female soldier is probably one of the most complex life experiences some ever have (from their words, obviously), but I don't know if you'd be interested in hearing the innerworkings.

If you are, I'd be happy to talk your ear off...

This discussion has been closed.