Options

JRPG Thread: Suikoden is fun to say.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Need someone else to start an old jrpg and relate their experiences with it so we can talk about them some more.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    This GBF event is so good

They must have been prepping for this for a long time with all the characters they brought back for it

it's kind of unbelievable

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I've been playing Front Mission 3 on and off for the past few weeks, a strategy jurp counts as a jurp right?

Front Mission 3 is real good

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    if we're talking about quality japanese role playing games we could talk about the impending remaster of star ocean 3

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Need someone else to start an old jrpg and relate their experiences with it so we can talk about them some more.

I started Trails in the Sky. It's charming so far.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's good that the Tales talk was expunged from the JRPG thread, so it could get back to being the Granblue thread.

Yea.

I'm not quite sure why a current jurp got booted from the jurp thread so that it could go back to being a phone game thread.

Wrrrryyyyy

Why wouldn't we talk about games on the platform that gets the most JRPG releases???

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I've been playing Front Mission 3 on and off for the past few weeks, a strategy jurp counts as a jurp right?

Front Mission 3 is real good

Know what's amazing? Front Mission 5.
    Know what's kinda MEH and not so great? Front Mission 4.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    if we're talking about quality japanese role playing games we could talk about the impending remaster of star ocean 3

Hmmm.....

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »

Hmmm.....
    i don't see what the problem is

• Options
    for the record, most of the granblue talk has moved off-site and we're all just posting our hauls because they're doing a big event for their third birthday, including a free 10 draw every day

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'd be more happy if they just put the SO1 and SO2 PSP releases on PSN

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    *sigh* Talk to me about this GBF thing. Apparently I can do it through Chrome? I had an account sometime last year and got to Chapter... I don't remember. 12? I may as well do some free pulls because free is good.

But how do I Chrome GBF? :)

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    your best bet is to PM me so people don't get mad about us clogging the thread up

short answer: developer mode in chrome

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Second Story is my favorite Star Ocean.

• Options

Hmmm.....

You gotta stretch the definition of "quality" pretty far to apply to Star Ocean 3. It's not horrid or anything, but it isn't even that good as far as Star Ocean games go, really.

camo_sig2.png

• Options

Hmmm.....

You gotta stretch the definition of "quality" pretty far to apply to Star Ocean 3. It's not horrid or anything, but it isn't even that good as far as Star Ocean games go, really.

the metacritic for star ocean: till the end of time is a solid 80

objective a good video game

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Till the End of Time us a very good game.

Second Story is just better.

• Options
    I wouldn't mind a sequel to Child of Light. That game was an excellent play.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Star Ocean 3 was definitely a game made after the Matrix, that's an objective thing about it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

is this a troll

am I being trolled?

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    a game where you can die by monsters draining your mp that takes place almost exclusively on a single planet that was also just a dream

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Trails of Cold Steel is still amazing. I honestly have no idea how much more time I have with it.

• Options
    it was a simulation, not a dream

please respect the deep lore of star ocean 3

• Options
    it was a simulation, not a dream

please respect the deep lore of star ocean 3

it's the Dallas trope taken to the most jurp conclusion

it carries less weight than Ender's Game

• Options
    I've been alternating between TMS#FE and persona 3 and they are both very good!

Generally I'll play TMS until I get through a quest or a story event, then swap to P3 until I feel like I fucked up, and back to TMS.

P3 is actually pretty hard since you can't control your dudes and its fairly easy to fuck up and get killed from near full health if you're unlucky or not thinking. I'm not very far in, just in the 2nd block of Tartarus. I like it so far and like the characters, but you can definitely see how much they've improved mechanically with p4.

• Options
    like, i realize complaining about jurp stories is kinda silly, but holy shit the game itself was telling you that the story was meaningless

not to mention some of the aforementioned combat mechanics were just fucking baffling

• Options
    Let's talk about the best JRPG from the Xbox 360 era.

Lost Odyssey

• Options

Lost Odyssey

everybody gets depression

• Options
    i genuinely do love star ocean 3, the same way you love whatever the first real bad movie you watched and enjoyed was

it was formative in my ability to enjoy hot garbage, along with Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

• Options

Lost Odyssey

I actually don't care for it!

I've tried twice now to get into it and failed to keep interested. Learning skills is too grindy for me.

• Options
    Or Blue Dragon. I played a literal TON of Blue Dragon.

• Options
    i genuinely do love star ocean 3, the same way you love whatever the first real bad movie you watched and enjoyed was

it was formative in my ability to enjoy hot garbage, along with Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

ok that makes a lot more sense

it's your videogame Pootie Tang

• Options
    I just want a set of magical twins in my JRPG. Is that too much to ask?

• Options

Enchanted Arms

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    Trails of Cold Steel is still amazing. I honestly have no idea how much more time I have with it.

Get ready for a mind blowing fact: Cold Steel 2 is better in just about every way.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Star Ocean is a series where if you said I had to choose between having to play through all of them or some form of physical self-harm, I would actually have to spend a while thinking about that decision

(I mean they're trash but of course I'll play any one video game instead of hurting myself I'm not crazy)

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Hey, if someone could recap the plot of Eternal Sonata to me without looking it up that'd be great, because I can guarantee you that the plot didn't have fuck all to actually do with Chopin

• Options
    Star Ocean is a series where if you said I had to choose between having to play through all of them or some form of physical self-harm, I would actually have to spend a while thinking about that decision

(I mean they're trash but of course I'll play any one video game instead of hurting myself I'm not crazy)

1 and 2 are good games that just kinda haven't aged that well

3 was baffling

4 is definitely a game that exists and probably should not

I&F is a totally fine and playable but not anything exceptional jurp

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

1 and 2 are good games that just kinda haven't aged that well

3 was baffling

4 is definitely a game that exists and probably should not

I&F is a totally fine and playable but not anything exceptional jurp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CbZ6z4HDeg

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    Hey, if someone could recap the plot of Eternal Sonata to me without looking it up that'd be great, because I can guarantee you that the plot didn't have fuck all to actually do with Chopin

it was literally a fever dream of a dying chopin

that was the plot

it was supposed to be based ona fairy tale or something he heard as a kid?

This discussion has been closed.