DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I've never been entirely clear on what a Jontron is

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Spoiled for snark
    Maddoc wrote: »
    JonTron has every right to spew hateful garbage

Well, that's where you and the civilized world disagree.

Elaro on
    Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

That's some bullshit, I don't agree with Jontron's politics but cutting someone out because you don't agree with their viewpoint is dumb. If I could request a refund for my backing then I would not that button without a second thought.

The word viewpoint is covering up a whole bunch of the reason why people are perfectly fine to salt the earth on the dude being successful.

Like, replace viewpoint with 'don't agree with their opinion that "blacks commit more crime, even wealthy ones" ' or any other one of his absurdly not okay quotes and your statement veers towards an absurd world where respecting contracts are more important than respecting people.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Dude who makes comedy videos about games and movies. I liked them a lot. Used to be on game grumps.

Turned out to be a gamergater and a white supremacist.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Anyway, he said he was cool with it so nothing more to say really.
    07qz27bc5cp9.png

Anyways I apologize for temporarily derailing the thread.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I always am so confused when people try to make jokes about Nuts and Bolts being, like, comically bad

It was a great game!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I always am so confused when people try to make jokes about Nuts and Bolts being, like, comically bad

It was a great game!!!

Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine. One of the best games on 360.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I think it is maligned partly because it was not only not a 3d platformer like fans of the old games wanted, it made a big deal of actively mocking the old games in the introduction with a tone of like "who would want to play a stupid 3d collectathon? that shit sucks lol"

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Nuts and Bolts rules but if you wanted Banjo Threeie I get why you'd be disappointed, especially because they were pretty cagey about the nature of the game while it was in development

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    oh right, happy harry turned out to be a colossal goose too, I forgot about that

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    oh right, happy harry turned out to be a colossal goose too, I forgot about that

the animation guy?

that's a shame

• Options
    I think it is maligned partly because it was not only not a 3d platformer like fans of the old games wanted, it made a big deal of actively mocking the old games in the introduction with a tone of like "who would want to play a stupid 3d collectathon? that shit sucks lol"

The collect-a-thon joke was more making fun of the descent of rare's platformers on the N64, I thought.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

the animation guy?

that's a shame

it really sucks because purely in terms of technical skill he's probably the best independent animator out there

but whoops

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I didn't play Nuts and Bolts

I heard plenty enough about it to realize I'd absolutely hate it

The waiting for a new proper Rare platformer is finally gonna pay off like a decade later

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    nuts and bolts is one of the best games of its generation

it is one of the only 360 games that I still occasionally feel the need to play (along with ninja gaiden II and ME3 multi)

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Whoa, Furry Dark Cloud looks dope!
    Way to sell me on a world and a games music in a trailer too!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    wah, that trailer's summery is good too.
    Hello everybody! I’m Hazem Hawash, CEO here at Enigami. Today I’m proud to show off a brand new trailer for our indie studio’s upcoming action-RPG, Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom, which comes to PlayStation 4 on 18 April 2017!

In today’s Music Trailer, we invite you to discover the magical lands and characters of the Lightning Kingdom, accompanied by an entrancing, original soundtrack. This gives you a good first taste of the tracks that will accompany you along your journey!

Our game’s universe was first born over 20 years ago from the pen strokes of Samir Rebib, the Artistic Director of Enigami. Composed of passionate people, our young studio went through a successful Kickstarter campaign, allowing Shiness to grow and gain momentum before being accompanied by Focus Home Interactive.

We’ve pumped all our energy and passion into Shiness, and in less than a month a child's dream finally becomes an indie-RPG with a bold personality… and enchanting music!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nuts and Bolts rules but if you wanted Banjo Threeie I get why you'd be disappointed, especially because they were pretty cagey about the nature of the game while it was in development

It was a very well-made game in a genre I have absolutely no desire (or patience) to play.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I wish Rare had infinite time and money under Microsoft so they could have simultaneously released Nuts & Bolts AND Banjo Threeie

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    "Threeie"

they really wrote themselves into a corner with these titles

• Options
    Worth it

Banjo-Tooie is one of the most clever titles I've ever seen

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Worth it

Banjo-Tooie is one of the most clever titles I've ever seen

??????

??

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I... don't see what's so clever about it, other than the Two/Too thing?

• Options
    I mean

Yeah that's it

What kind of clever game titles are y'all seeing

The only thing I can think of that's better is Invisible, Inc.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Fate of the Furious?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Tooie is also the name of a character in the Banjo games

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

you're thinking of tootie

• Options

Who also never appears on the franchise again after the first game, IIRC.

• Options

i'm pretty sure she's hangin' out playing poker with everyone at the start of tooie

• Options
    edited March 2017

i'm pretty sure she's hangin' out playing poker with everyone at the start of tooie

Nope, it's Banjo, Kazooie, Mumbo and Bottles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfMLvP9Mubs

A quick check reveals that while she doesn't appear as the game, her picture is in Banjo's house and she appears on a carton of milk as "Missing"

EDIT: Man, I almost decided to play through BK and BT again, but then I remembered Yooka-Laylee was out in less than three weeks. I can wait.

Also Snake Pass is out next week (!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0I_Vmc7nA

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    red to yellow, kill a fellow

broken image link
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    red to yellow, kill a fellow

Red to black, you're ok Jack.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Whoa, Furry Dark Cloud looks dope!
    Way to sell me on a world and a games music in a trailer too!

sadly it's dark cloud in appearance only; the gameplay us like a limited fighting game version of Zelda.

• Options
    lots of farm-em-ups getting announced, this one is by some ex-fable developers

If you’ve played Stardew Valley and wished that poo played a bigger part in life down on the farm, Kynseed [itch.io page] might just have you covered. The developers of this sandbox adventure spent “over 10,000 years (give or take 9,975 years)” working on the Fable series and they want to bring some of the same eccentricities and charm to their new indie project. The eventual goal, it seems, is to build a world that simulates the finer details of passing seasons, ageing, NPC routines and monster poo.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/24/kynseed-fable-farm-simulator/

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I have a constant low-grade fear that my favorite LPers will turn out to be big ol' pieces of garbage

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    There are other funny dudes, and i doubt he even had anything to do with the game's writing

He was just going to be a goofy voice, a nice tribute to him being a fan

Maybe losing that will make him do some thinking

I very sincerely doubt it.

And that is not a position I take lightly.

Normally I am all for being hopeful with shitty people seeing reason, but I've been keeping up with JonTron's stupid shit for months, now and he's been getting shit for this kind of crap for years. It's not a new thing.

This isn't even the first time he's been burned by people he respected. It doesn't matter. None of it matters. If he ever responds to criticism, it's always with the handwave of "I accept that you feel that way" or "I see your point, but-" or other sort of non-apologies.

Jon Jafari has made it very clear that he's not willing to accept fault when he says shit that upsets people. It's never his fault, because he just knows he's not a bigot.

The man simply will not stop digging until he reaches the center of the earth.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I'm not sure how I feel about Snake Pass yet

I'll wait on reviews

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Playtonic doing that has certainly made me pre-order their game.

This discussion has been closed.