Options

BIG MAN! BIG MAN! LET'S HUMP THIS SHIT UP!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2008
    8-10, supersetted with lying leg curls. I hate my life.

Actually I just realised that ALL of tomorrow is super sets so at least I'll be out of the gym quickly.

Tube on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Fuck man, good luck on that one. Waking up the next morning should feel great for you.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    you know the last time I did deadlifts? Monday. Fucking monday. Oh, and I will be doing them again on thursday, with a "duck stance"

I hate my life.

Tube on
  • Options
    KingAgamemnonKingAgamemnon Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Don't look up when you're deadlifting Tube, it strains your lower back, keep your head in a neutral position. Like holding a grapefruit to your chest with your chin. Although, this applies to straight-legged and competition deadlifting as well, so you may already know. Wear long socks, the bar may scrape the shit out of your shins.

Hmm, google says that RDLs are like backwards deadlifts, I think what I said still applies though. I might look into them, I'm looking for a good hammy exercise.

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Oh yeah, that was the other thing today. The gym overlooks a pool, where all kinds of people swim. I was looking out on it while resting from the incline bench and there were a bunch of fat people, some little kids, and one dude swimming totally billy bollock.

Around kids. Happy as Larry. Doin' his breast stroke. Balls out.

Tube on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Tube I don't think you are going to a Gym.

I think you are going to some weird fettish club with an unnatural affinity towards arms.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I hate my gym so god damn much. It is fueled by the fact that I feel ill and don't want to work out and am working out harder than ever and eating a real strict diet with not many carbs and I HATE THE GYM I HATE IT PUT THOSE DUMBBELLS DOWN YOU STUPID BASTARDS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING NO YOU CANNOT HAVE THE RACK TO CURL IN I AM DOING ENDLESS SQUATS YOU BASTARDS I HOPE YOU DIE I HOPE YOU ALL SHITTING DIE

Tube on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2008
    You sound good.

You sound healthy.

Larlar on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I hate my gym so god damn much. It is fueled by the fact that I feel ill and don't want to work out and am working out harder than ever and eating a real strict diet with not many carbs and I HATE THE GYM I HATE IT PUT THOSE DUMBBELLS DOWN YOU STUPID BASTARDS WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING NO YOU CANNOT HAVE THE RACK TO CURL IN I AM DOING ENDLESS SQUATS YOU BASTARDS I HOPE YOU DIE I HOPE YOU ALL SHITTING DIE
    This is why I don't want to join a gym.

Especially since the one about 120m away from me looks like one of those gyms.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The question is if the rage can be used to shove those weights above your head and show them who's boss

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Man, there's too many people at my gym that squat, they need to clear the hell out of the racks when I want to use them. And I think they're all using Tube's plan or something, because they're all in there deadlifting on my deadlift day too.

I had a good session today, pretty good numbers on all my lifts, then 50 minutes on the elliptical afterwards. Watched the Braves relief pitcher walk 2 guys with the bases loaded. :/

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    This is the one nearby.

http://www.zesthealthclubs.com.au/general/club_details.aspx?code=23

Look at that.

That doesn't look like a gym it looks like a pilates class with barbells.

I have a feeling that if I go there I will need to go to the juice bar beforehand to fit in with the in crowd there.

Blake T on
  • Options
    RegrettableRegrettable Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    What are some good exercises to do around the house/with no equipment?

At the moment I do lots of bodyweight squats, pushups, planks and situps but they're getting kinda boring so I was after a bit more, specifically arms/chest kind of stuff. Keeping in mind I have no weights and am far too poor to buy any or join a gym, anyone have some suggestions?

Regrettable on
    cthulhusigcopy-1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Yes, work hard, save some money go buy some second hand gym equipment.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Get a bar or find something existing to do pull/chin ups.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    so, how much do goddamn kettlebells cost

redfenix on
  • Options
    ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    the best is to find a 'fitness club' that is focused on aerobics but has sufficient free weight equipment

90% of the people with memberships there are there to go to spin classes or sweat on the treadmill while they watch dr phil

And the racks and weights are mostly free to use and you don't get the guy using his back to curl 100 lbs or assholes monopolizing equipment all day so they can do exercises wrong

ZeroFill on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    I am becoming suspicous that there is a inverse relationship to the gym on how many idiots there are in it and how much chalk there is in there.

Idiots eat chalk, so I think you're onto something.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    I'm doing romanian deadlifts tomorrow, I checked out some form videos and guides and have rippetoe's guide, but any other tips would be appreciated.

Also, I woke up today with a screaming assfuck headache, went to the gym anyway and that cleared it for three hours, and also cut my lower back DOMS down to a manageable level. Exercise is great.

When you drop down, keep looking straight ahead and try to keep your knees directly over your feet. Your hip and butt parts should go pretty much straight back. Speaking of "straight back," do not round your back as that will put strain on your lower spine.

EDIT: Of course, you know, flex this shit out of that sexy ass of yours, and tighten your whole core. But this is how one should do all exercises because kettlebells are awesome amen the end forever and ever no callbacks.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So defender did you post a kettlebell routine or what, im interested

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Chalk is actually inert to the body I know for a fact that other than being unpleasant to breath it doesn't actually damage your lungs.

I spose if you ate enough dry stuff it'd absorb all the liquid in your stomach and that wouldn't be flash. And the liquid chalk is an alcohol based substance.

Blake T on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    yeah, i'm tired of you hollowly pimping the kettlebells, without actually saying much about them

make me believe

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So defender did you post a kettlebell routine or what, im interested

No, I didn't post a whole kettlebell routine. Was there a request for me to do so? I usually suggest that you go to a kettlebell trainer to make sure you're doing it right, you know, have him walk you through it at least the first five times or whatever.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    redfenix wrote: »
    yeah, i'm tired of you hollowly pimping the kettlebells, without actually saying much about them

make me believe

Ed Parker, the founder of American Kenpo, said "To see is to be deceived. To hear is to doubt. But to feel is to believe." I'd suggest that you actually go and work with them. I was surprised at how much stronger they made me, but going out and doing it is the only way to know. Or you could read stuff by Pavel Tsatsouline, if you want to read a real expert's writing.

Defender on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I totally pigged out on all the Easter candy my aunt bought for us.
    The funny thing is, she's Jewish.

Zombot on
  • Options
    PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Zombot wrote: »

Oh Jews love easter and the resurrection - they lucked out that Jesus quicksaved.

On the kettlebell debate, when you use them, how often do you increase the weight? Because one of the cool things about lifting regular ol' weights is the sense of achievement you get every time you slap another plate on your lifts, y'know? Definitely keeps me motivated - and it's definitely something to concentrate on for newbies instead of expecting monster guns after a couple of weeks. They can see they're getting demonstrably stronger.

Perdurabo on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    redfenix wrote: »
    so, how much do goddamn kettlebells cost

I can only imagine they cost just as much as dumbbells.

so

lots

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Perdurabo wrote: »
    Zombot wrote: »

Oh Jews love easter and the resurrection - they lucked out that Jesus quicksaved.

On the kettlebell debate, when you use them, how often do you increase the weight? Because one of the cool things about lifting regular ol' weights is the sense of achievement you get every time you slap another plate on your lifts, y'know? Definitely keeps me motivated - and it's definitely something to concentrate on for newbies instead of expecting monster guns after a couple of weeks. They can see they're getting demonstrably stronger.

Not terrifically often. I mean, it's pretty much like dumbbell exercise in that regard. You start having better form and getting more out of the lift, and you do go up in weight, but it's not like bench pressing or something where you can increase by tiny increments fairly frequently. The kettlebells I'm using are in 4-kg increments for the most part. We have everything from 8 to 32 kg in increments of 4. I think that we go straight from there to 38, I don't recall seeing a 36. However, aside from stuff like Romanian Dead Lift, I don't have a whole lot of need for individual kettlebells that are larger than 38 kg. Remember that you can do most exercises with one or two hands, and doing pretty much anything while holding two 24 kg weights in front of yourself is not easy. Yeah, it's only about 110 pounds (roughly), but it's a fuckload heavier than it sounds when your stabilizers are firing constantly and you're using your whole body and you're not rushing through your reps as fast as you possibly can.

You can, however, refer to the kettlebells as "naught but peanuts" and state that they are "light in weight" if you like.

Defender on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    You could listen to this lady and her kettlebell box squats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvDjwHpNlSw

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    What makes a russian kettlebell?

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Russian kettlebell maker

KingAgamemnon on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited April 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    mastman wrote: »
    What makes a russian kettlebell?
    if you open it up there are progressively tinier kettlebells inside of it

:^:

Defender on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Anyone who wants big manly shoulders should just go enlist with their local volunteer fire department (or paid if your current way of paying the bills involves the olive garden). Ninety minutes of pulling ceilings and walls will get the best of anyone.

Edit: also if you are a crackhead, please refrain from burning down your drug dens, and also please remember to bring your drugs with you next time you flee.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    RedTide wrote: »
    Anyone who wants big manly shoulders should just go enlist with their local volunteer fire department (or paid if your current way of paying the bills involves the olive garden). Ninety minutes of pulling ceilings and walls will get the best of anyone.
    Or you could just do some Barbell Rows.

Still, I reckon being a fireman would be pretty neat.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »

Yesterday I did both, and it wasn't the rows that had my shit burning.

RedTide on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Edit: also if you are a crackhead, please refrain from burning down your drug dens, and also please remember to bring your drugs with you next time you flee.

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. This just happened here and it ended horribly tragic

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    GET IT BURNING

BECAUSE HE IS A FIREMAN

Defender on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Dublo7 wrote: »

Yesterday I did both, and it wasn't the rows that had my shit burning.

It was being sodomised by a two foot jalapeño?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    GET IT BURNING

BECAUSE HE IS A FIREMAN

That was not a bad pun. It was just a choice of words. A CHOICE OF WORDS.
    mastman wrote: »

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio. This just happened here and it ended horribly tragic

I was told by some of the locals that it looked like roaches fleeing a flashlight.

RedTide on
This discussion has been closed.