As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

99.9% of these [chat]ters ain't shit

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    JebusUD wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »
    Oh, this isn't big enough for an H&A thread but I'll take a survey of chat. My best friend's grandma died day before yesterday. I called him last evening and spoke with him, and he isn't doing so hot but he's with family and stuff.

How soon should I call him again?

Probably leave him alone with his family for a while.

Yeah I was thinking that maybe that was best, but I just don't know what the proper etiquette is for long-distance best friends in times of mourning. Like, Jewish custom would be to visit him in person the day after the funeral, but neither of us is Jewish and I can't go to California right now. So I'm just sort of at a loss as to what my best-friend duties are, but I want to be supportive.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For the record ive got nothing against gay people, chat. Im not sure how preacher got that out of what I said earlier.

Also im not this _ _ j _ _ person you speak of.

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh, this isn't big enough for an H&A thread but I'll take a survey of chat. My best friend's grandma died day before yesterday. I called him last evening and spoke with him, and he isn't doing so hot but he's with family and stuff.

Maybe a week? I'm not really sure.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    haha it was only midnight bitch :)

Seriously, Drez. You'll never make it with me if you conk out before midnight. :winky:

I'm sure I could muster up any amount of energy needed to entertain you. No offense to Nexus but the bar closes early for men.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For the record ive got nothing against gay people, chat. Im not sure how preacher got that out of what I said earlier.
    You just believe that any pleasure they might derive from anal sex is purely psychological.

Then again, this is pretty much true for all sexual pleasure, so I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I thought the male equivalent to the g-spot or whatever was in the pooper though?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Probably leave him alone with his family for a while.

Yeah I was thinking that maybe that was best, but I just don't know what the proper etiquette is for long-distance best friends in times of mourning. Like, Jewish custom would be to visit him in person the day after the funeral, but neither of us is Jewish and I can't go to California right now. So I'm just sort of at a loss as to what my best-friend duties are, but I want to be supportive.

Well, I dont mean to sound like a dick, but it was his grandma and she surely was very old. This was probably expected. If like... one of his parents died, then maybe go to california. But otherwise probably call again in a few days. A week might be too long. But maybe another 3 days would be kinda normal. How often do you call him now?

JebusUD on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    EDIT: Too long, was good enough just to type it out. Nothing to see here, folks!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I thought the male equivalent to the g-spot or whatever was in the pooper though?

The male g-spot was actually found to be located in Wyoming.

Go figure.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Drez wrote: »

The male g-spot was actually found to be located in Wyoming.

Go figure.

You say to-may-to I say to-mah-to.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    You just believe that any pleasure they might derive from anal sex is purely psychological.

Then again, this is pretty much true for all sexual pleasure, so I guess I can see where you're coming from.

Meh. I was saying they werent getting busy at maximum efficiency. And theres nothing wrong with blowjobs either. They should probably be reciprocal though. You know, suprise the other person every now and again.

But I dont think I want to get into it again. People were reading all kinds of things into what I said that I never actually said. As if there was a super secret message in there that was really saying somthing else.

I didnt get the super secret decoder ring in my box of sugar crisp.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    ITT JebusUD secretly longs to get pegged.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yeah, you can massage the prostate and essentially force an orgasm. But for most people its incredibly uncomfortable.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

Well, I dont mean to sound like a dick, but it was his grandma and she surely was very old. This was probably expected. If like... one of his parents died, then maybe go to california. But otherwise probably call again in a few days. A week might be too long. But maybe another 3 days would be kinda normal. How often do you call him now?

Don't worry I don't think you're being dickish, I appreciate the candor. I feel bad for my friend, but I am not personally all broken up about this, I met his grandma once, at his college graduation, years ago. He seems to be taking it badly, and this is (in his defense) the first relative he's lost, which I guess makes this extra bad or something. I dunno, I've lost family members off and on since I was a small child so I'm just a little bit more used to death than he is. I just wanted an estimate on how long to wait before checking in with him again to be supportive but not cloying. A week sounds good, I think I'll go with that.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Meh. I was saying they werent getting busy at maximum efficiency.

Prostate gland. Look it up.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Yeah, you can massage the prostate and essentially force an orgasm. But for most people its incredibly uncomfortable.

Nothing says comfort like someone giving the inside of my ass a good massage.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    See that pink part? That's why you're not the biggest asshole, because sometimes you act human. Like, nice and stuff.

VC is either asshole or emo. I'm not sure I've ever seen him sympathize with anybody.

VC can be very sweet. Honestly, you guys just take him waaaay too much at face-value.
    No he'd pretty much the worst regular member of D&D. He turns any thread he posts in into shit. He is petty and combative.

Petty? Bullshit. And I'm plenty nice to plenty of people most of the time. There are a handful of people who decided to get personally offended by the stupidest shit and hate me forever for it and that's about it.

Edit: And Irene that wasn't harsh, the only time anyone has pulled anything I'd call harsh is the time I acted like a human being. And even then it was pretty pathetic. Mostly it's just annoying that they derail chat over stupid nothing bullshit for pages and pages.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Man guys, VC gives me a ton of shit and I don't even dislike him like you guys apparently do.

Sure, some days I'm in a bad mood and he rubs me the wrong way and we lock horns, but, eh.

Dude loves MGS so what can I say, we are brothers in arms.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've never had a problem with VC. But I'm a noob so go fig.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    See that pink part? That's why you're not the biggest asshole, because sometimes you act human. Like, nice and stuff.

VC is either asshole or emo. I'm not sure I've ever seen him sympathize with anybody.

VC can be very sweet. Honestly, you guys just take him waaaay too much at face-value.
    No he'd pretty much the worst regular member of D&D. He turns any thread he posts in into shit. He is petty and combative.

Petty? Bullshit. And I'm plenty nice to plenty of people most of the time. There are a handful of people who decided to get personally offended by the stupidest shit and hate me forever for it and that's about it.

Heh. I like how you dont defend the combative part. sometimes you go too far with the sarcasm.

but yeah, you're a pretty righteous dude most of the time.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm almost positive you're all just figments of my own imagination, so I can't hate VC, because my imagination is so awesome.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Everyone act tough while he's not around!

I think most of us act pretty tough when he's around too.

You guys were being pretty harsh last night :P

I wasn't around for that.

I was hanging out with Erin.

Ooh? How did that go?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Man guys, VC gives me a ton of shit and I don't even dislike him like you guys apparently do.

Sure, some days I'm in a bad mood and he rubs me the wrong way and we lock horns, but, eh.

Dude loves MGS so what can I say, we are brothers in arms.

I actually like you, that's why you get very specific shit.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh shit don't say stuff like that VC it's going to go straight to my ego.

<3

VH: Yeah, how'd it go mang?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I appreciated that VC ended the boob thread on a reasonably high note.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Whee. Finally got my sister to divulge when she is going to hot-drop me at the hospital.

... Monday night, at 8PM. Because she couldn't get off work any day, and she doesn't want things to interfere with her time off. LOLULAR!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I guess I'll just have to hear VH's tale later. I gotta go work a closing shift and then wooo midnight showing of Iron Man!

Take care [chat].

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You people are the reason Moriarty got banned; you just can't tell when someone is being sarcastic. I swear, half of you must think he's being serious all the time. It's fucked.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

The boob thread ended?

JebusUD on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Malkor wrote: »
    Everyone act tough while he's not around!

I think most of us act pretty tough when he's around too.

You guys were being pretty harsh last night :P

I wasn't around for that.

I was hanging out with Erin.

Ooh? How did that go?

Quite well, actually. I've taken a different approach from my previous "results-based" strategy. Basically, I just have a good time with her and see how things go, rather than trying to maneuver towards getting the first kiss, or acknowledging a specific relationship status. It's working pretty well so far, I had a great time last night.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008

The boob thread ended?
    Effectively.

@VH: Atta boy!

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Quite well, actually. I've taken a different approach from my previous "results-based" strategy. Basically, I just have a good time with her and see how things go, rather than trying to maneuver towards getting the first kiss, or acknowledging a specific relationship status. It's working pretty well so far, I had a great time last night.
    :^:

I'd like to think I had a hand in this. ;)

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »

The boob thread ended?
    Effectively.

@VH: Atta boy!

Thought for sure it was getting locked for being so off course.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

This is how things are supposed to go.

Also how I get laid. :P

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

Oboro likes to think she gave you a handjob.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Why do I keep getting TOTP with my awful posts?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm going to the 8:00 preview showing of Iron Man, tonight. Alone, of course. I won't let this get to me (not that it has in the past, mind you).

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I wonder if people react to you differently on an emotional level based on how your avatar looks.

JebusUD on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

This is how things are supposed to go.

Also how I get laid. :P

"Get" laid? You speak as if this event occurs with some appreciable frequency...

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oboro wrote: »

Partially, yeah. I'd say my little talks in [chat] are pretty much directly responsible for my change in attitude.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
This discussion has been closed.