As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

All Flash

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I just read the first arc of Johns' Flash with Zolomon as Zoom

Motherfucker was terrifying

And his ending is just fucked

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Why are trades 3 and 4 of John's Flash run out of print?

Why?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    I just read the first arc of Johns' Flash with Zolomon as Zoom

Motherfucker was terrifying

And his ending is just fucked
    They need to put this part of Barry's run in trade:
    Blaming the Flash for his defeat, Thawne began travelling back in time to gain revenge, using his knowledge of "history" to his advantage. He also became obsessed with "replacing" Barry Allen, not only as the Flash, but as the husband of Iris West. After Iris finally made it clear that this would not happen, Zoom (apparently) kills her at a party, vibrating his hand into her head. It took a long time for Allen to get his life back together after this. Shortly after he had found love again, Zoom reappeared, threatening to kill his new fiance on Allen's second wedding day. Terrified that history would repeat itself, Allen instinctively and inadvertently kills his enemy, breaking Thawne's neck in a final struggle. After he was found not guilty of murder in the subsequent trial, despite the fact that even Wally West (the current Kid Flash and future Flash) testified against Barry in the trial at the time, Barry went to the thirtieth century to retire and live with the resurrected Iris, only to later die during the Crisis on Infinite Earths.

He vibrated his hand through her head. Different zoom, but still.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In what universe would Wally ever testify against Barry? I mean, the preview to All Flash was annoying, but Wally actually felt like that (trying to fill Barry's shoes) for a very long time.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    In what universe would Wally ever testify against Barry? I mean, the preview to All Flash was annoying, but Wally actually felt like that (trying to fill Barry's shoes) for a very long time.

I figure he just told the truth. And what he said just happened to support the prosecutor.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Just going by the events of Final Crisis, I would say Barry is faster than Wally. While they were running from the skier, Barry was always the one encouraging Wally on and telling him they needed to go faster. It felt to me as though Wally was having a hard time keeping up. It might just be misinterpretation of the comic, but that's how I read it.

That's why I said that Barry was faster.

And to the point about Bart being faster because he had the entire speed force inside of him, he doesn't anymore, so that isn't a valid reason as to why he would be faster. Yes, maybe for a few issues he was the fastest, but in present comic time, he no longer is.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Just going by the events of Final Crisis, I would say Barry is faster than Wally. While they were running from the skier, Barry was always the one encouraging Wally on and telling him they needed to go faster. It felt to me as though Wally was having a hard time keeping up. It might just be misinterpretation of the comic, but that's how I read it.

That's why I said that Barry was faster.

And to the point about Bart being faster because he had the entire speed force inside of him, he doesn't anymore, so that isn't a valid reason as to why he would be faster. Yes, maybe for a few issues he was the fastest, but in present comic time, he no longer is.

When did he have the Speed Force inside him? The comic I am referring to which stated he was faster then Wally was Young Justice Secret Files.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    He had the speed force inside of him during issues 1-13 of the Flash relaunch from 2006. Part of the ongoing story of those 13 issues was that Bart had to go in on numerous occasions to Star Labs for them to run tests and procedures on him to determine what the effects of him having the speed force would be.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    He had the speed force inside of him during issues 1-13 of the Flash relaunch from 2006. Part of the ongoing story of those 13 issues was that Bart had to go in on numerous occasions to Star Labs for them to run tests and procedures on him to determine what the effects of him having the speed force would be.

Okay, well, my statement takes place almost ten years before that. So, I still stand by it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Interview with Geoff Johns about Rebirth. Pretty interesting, Hunter Z will be back. Rogues will play a "small part" he said in this and Blackest Night, which was pretty surprising.

http://www.newsarama.com/common/media/video/player.php?aid=25927

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Good lord the art in that preview is awful. Alan Scott and Wildcat look like gargoyles of some sort.

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sometimes I really enjoy Ethan Van Sciver's art, but sometimes, eughh. I was reading a fill-in issue of Hawkman he did and it looked terrible.

Munch on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    For those interested, here's Flash: Rebirth #2's cover.

mlgswz.jpg

Owenashi on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Ew?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    DC really needs to hire some better cover artists or something.

I don't even know.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    it's ethan van sciver

I dunno. I like his sketched but most of the time his art doesn't do it for me.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I really like Van Scivers stuff actually

also
    2. Speaking of Batwoman, why did it take her so long to get her into her own story? Both you and Greg had been hinting that something was coming now for years...

DD: We wanted to establish her as a hero in the DC Universe first, from her introduction in 52 all the way through to her appearances in Final Crisis: Revelations.
    above all else, this i why i hate didio

he honestly believes his own bullshit, instead of admitting that DC fucked up the introduction of Batwoman

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    There was a point in time when we convinced fans that Bart Allen could be the Flash.
    okay that's just

yeah

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I thought the first few covers of the last Flash relaunch were all really good. In fact, as I recall, I might have linked one of the covers in the Cover Art thread.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    There was a point in time when we convinced fans that Bart Allen could be the Flash.
    okay that's just

yeah

ugh, I don't even know if I can find everything wrong with that statement

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    okay that's just

yeah

Come on, you know Bart and his archenemy, The Griffin, were destined to be fan-favorite classics.

Munch on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I still have a sour taste in my mouth from the DC Panel I went to at Wizard World in 2007 and all they did was make fun of Bart's series getting canceled with issue 13 the entire time. and even called Dan DiDio on the phone to be a prick about it too.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2009
    hahaha

i'm glad i ditched you and went to work (no i'm not)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    A recent Funnybook Babylon podcast pointed out something about DC's convention panels I'd noticed for a long time; DC apparently fucking hates its fans.

Specifically, they talked about how a fan brought up Simon Dark, asking if he'd be seen anywhere, only for Didio to blow him off with, "Pfft, yeah. Simon Dark goes into space," to the laughter of the rest of the panelists.

It seems like only in the comic industry are you not only allowed to mock and deride your customers, it's actually encouraged.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, but comic fans are awful

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    also I found a video of the DC Nation panel at Emerald City Comic-Con and it has where I ask Dan when we'd have someone other than Judd Winick writing GA/BC and he was like "Judd Winick is writing it right now" and I was just like "....okay" and everyone laughed 'cause i got it like that

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Munch wrote: »
    A recent Funnybook Babylon podcast pointed out something about DC's convention panels I'd noticed for a long time; DC apparently fucking hates its fans.

Specifically, they talked about how a fan brought up Simon Dark, asking if he'd be seen anywhere, only for Didio to blow him off with, "Pfft, yeah. Simon Dark goes into space," to the laughter of the rest of the panelists.

It seems like only in the comic industry are you not only allowed to mock and deride your customers, it's actually encouraged.

Maybe they think S_D is representative of all of us and so they don't feel bad about being dicks.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

I thought Didio making a fan cry in front of the audience would've clued everyone in that he's a dick...

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I thought Didio making a fan cry in front of the audience would've clued everyone in that he's a dick...

Don't think I've heard that one. Could you elaborate?

Slicer on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Slicer wrote: »

Don't think I've heard that one. Could you elaborate?

I can't remember the specifics, since it was a year or two ago and I can't find the reports on Newsarama or CBR. But from memory, a Mary Marvel fan asked why they were treating her like shit, Didio started making fun of her and she started crying. Then I think they gave her a seat at the front to try to make it up to her.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Didio probably just wanted to get a better look at her tears. They give him power!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    If you cry over a comic book character you're not really a bastion of stability.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's probably more that she was being made fun of in public by someone in a position of power in front of dozens of people.

You'd cry too!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    It's probably more that she was being made fun of in public by someone in a position of power in front of dozens of people.

You'd cry too!

I'm also not a bastion of stability!

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I just really have a hard time fathoming what would possess someone to get a job in comics, work their way up to prominence, go to one of the largest gatherings of their customers and fans, and then be a total cock for no reason. Like, I understand the urge to poke fun at the guy who wonders when Gunfire's going to get his own ongoing again, or that girl who really, really wants to see Dick Grayson and Roy Harper finally confess their love for each other. But show some diplomacy, huh? Act like a professional.

I really feel like DC has this weird contempt for its fans, that actually hurts its ability to function as a business. Like, there's a pretty sizable audience out there that wants Young Justice trades. When someone mentions it at a con, it gets cheers. Even if those people are only indicative of a small portion of your audience, there's more people out there cheering for Young Justice than Hawkman Showcase Vol. 2, you know? I think DC is either completely oblivious to what some of their fans want, or just don't care, and I'm not sure which is worse.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Wait back up

Gunfire had an ongoing?

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The 90's were a weird time.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I get the sense that DC is only interested in releasing trades with some connection to what's currently going on in the DC Universe. Like the way they see it, a Young Justice trade won't get you to read Teen Titans, but a Raven: In Her Very Own Emo Adventure! trade will.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I just really have a hard time fathoming what would possess someone to get a job in comics, work their way up to prominence, go to one of the largest gatherings of their customers and fans, and then be a total cock for no reason. Like, I understand the urge to poke fun at the guy who wonders when Gunfire's going to get his own ongoing again, or that girl who really, really wants to see Dick Grayson and Roy Harper finally confess their love for each other. But show some diplomacy, huh? Act like a professional.

I really feel like DC has this weird contempt for its fans, that actually hurts its ability to function as a business. Like, there's a pretty sizable audience out there that wants Young Justice trades. When someone mentions it at a con, it gets cheers. Even if those people are only indicative of a small portion of your audience, there's more people out there cheering for Young Justice than Hawkman Showcase Vol. 2, you know? I think DC is either completely oblivious to what some of their fans want, or just don't care, and I'm not sure which is worse.
    if DC made decisions based solely on crowd cheering

well

there would not be a DC

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I wished DC made decisions based on something other than hatred for females and bad ideas.

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)