As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Information and FAQ (ASK QUESTIONS HERE!)

• Options
    xMurderfaceIIxMurderfaceII Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey my friend and I live very close to Boston and assumed we would get there early enough to buy tix at the door. But on the site the tix for at the door were crossed out. Can we still buy at the door or will we be very disapointed. We've been looking forward to this for a while.

xMurderfaceII on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    PAX Passes are sold out. There will be no passes available at the door.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You've only got yourself to blame. A little bit of research into how PAX '09 sold out completely and how much people have been clamoring for something on the east coast would've told you to buy passes ASAP, if not sooner.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    Robinson29Robinson29 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    If I buy tix from someone on this forum, and they send me email codes..is this legit or do I need to be worried?

Robinson29 on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    You want the badge unless they're changing the will-call so you can get the tickets. But to be honest I wouldn't rely on anyone who didn't give me the badge.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    upandbupandb Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    So I actually read through all 46 pages lol, and since I've never been to anything like this, I had a question about coats. I'm from New England and I know how much weather changes, but the mornings will be cold regardless. What do most of you do? Not wear a coat and man up? Or do you hope you can check it in at the place? I read somewhere earlier that maybe a few thousand coats could be checked in at the convention center, but certainly not enough for everyone. I understand, but what do most people do?

upandb on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I think it depends on where your hotel is. If you can go from hotel room to PAX without setting foot outside, you can leave your coat in your room.
    My plane for Boston leaves in 4 hours and some change. I'm supposed to wake up and do final packing in 75 minutes. I haven't slept a wink. This PAX is going to be EPIC.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    May have been answered already... I saw no mention on the posted schedule about Mike and Jerry having a specific time aside for an autograph, like previous years. Am I blind, or was this addressed somewhere else?

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I am trying to remember where exactly I saw this and am completely failing, but I remember a while back seeing that the second Penny Arcade Q&A would also involve a signing (the one on Sunday afternoon). I think their book tour schedule confirms Sunday as well but no other details given.

Gundabad on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Avenrosh wrote: »
    May have been answered already... I saw no mention on the posted schedule about Mike and Jerry having a specific time aside for an autograph, like previous years. Am I blind, or was this addressed somewhere else?

Its on sunday during their book signing, I think?

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heelsheels Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    It is indeed on Sunday, there will be information listed on the plasma screens around the hynes!

heels on
    < devious1> heels: you are worst idea person ever

http://twitter.com/h_e_e_l_s

www.reedpop.com
  • Options
    50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    @upandb: Man up! But yeah, if its snowing and stuff and you're not staying on-site you might not be manly enough... I would say to try and get a locker for your coat at that point... but a lot of people will be thinking the same thing.

50 More Trash on
  • Options
    AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Avenrosh wrote: »

Its on sunday during their book signing, I think?

Thought so... The schedule grid PDF on the PAX East site didn't have an actual slot for it, is all.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    Murphinator2000Murphinator2000 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Not sure if this has been answered and I am kind of pressed for time so sadly can't read the novel of posts here :mrgreen: Can anyone tell me how much money I should bring with me? Also, do the booths /MTG tournies accept credit cards ? Not sure if they sell like merchandise or anything at PAX. Not sure if my credit card will be fine or if I need to bring like 100-200 bucks with me?

Thanks

Murphinator2000 on
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Bring cash. The PA merch booth should take plastic, but I wouldn't expect any of the others to.

Also, don't expect *too* many booths to be selling merch.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    50 More Trash50 More Trash Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Also, if there is an ATM machine on site... it may get emptied pretty quickly... so fair warning.

50 More Trash on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There are at least 6 ATMS in the mall and lots of banks nearby. There's even an exchange place in the area.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    ThemiscyraThemiscyra Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Yes, there will be merchandise. Local game stores will have a presence and some of the game companies may have merch. I wouldn't count on credit card machines at every booth. Bring as much money as you think you may want to spend. Assume you will spend a hundred dollars or more on food alone. I've heard even higher estimates from some people.

Bring as much cash as you feel comfortable with, count on ATMs around the convention center to charge ridiculous fees, and don't put much stock in your credit card, basically.

Themiscyra on
    PAX EAST 2011 Omegathon Finalist - PAX East 2012 Omeganaut
    After time adrift among open stars
    Among tides of light and to shoals of dust
    I will return to where I began
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The ones in the mall are normal bank ATMs, though, and charge the normal fees. You may even find your bank or a sister bank there. I know TD and BoA are definitely there.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    Ceerose28Ceerose28 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Hey, I don't know if this has been asked already, apologies if it has, but will there be somewhere to put things like coats, or bags? I have a 3 day pass and my flight back is not till 7 or 8 but we have to check out of the hotel around 11. We plan on going to some of the later panels and didnt want to carry bags around and what not. Thanks!

Ceerose28 on
  • Options
    Murphinator2000Murphinator2000 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    Ceerose28 wrote: »
    Hey, I don't know if this has been asked already, apologies if it has, but will there be somewhere to put things like coats, or bags? I have a 3 day pass and my flight back is not till 7 or 8 but we have to check out of the hotel around 11. We plan on going to some of the later panels and didnt want to carry bags around and what not. Thanks!

I would check with your hotel to see if they offer bag holding services. Most hotels will hold your bags before you check-in, and after you check-out (within reasonable time).

Murphinator2000 on
  • Options
    FastrFastr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I bought two pax tickets, one for me and one for my friend. His plan was to call out of work to go, but he was sick last week and had to call out three days in a row. So it doesn't seem as tho I'll need my extra ticket unless he finds a way out of work. Anyways if I end up having to sell my extra ticket (better for someone to have it then for it to go to waste) how would I do that? I only have the barcode I didn't order far enough in advance to actually get the badge. Would I just scan the paper with the barcode and send that to them? They wouldn't need my credit card or whatnot when they go to pick it up? Thanks.

Fastr on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2010
    The best way to do this would be for you to pickup both of the tickets as you normally would and meet up with the buyer for the transaction.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    FastrFastr Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Right, that would be my preffered way as well, only problem is that means finding the buyer! lol. If I just sell it on craigslist or something that could be a problem.

Fastr on
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    There is a whole thread of people buying and selling tickets.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=111451

ravemonger on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So I'm guessing that because the prices on the PAX registration page are crossed out, that means tickets are no longer available?

Should have bought one ages ago. Blah.

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Quite correct. All badges sold out last week (or 2), 3 days have been gone for over a month.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    likethesearchenginelikethesearchengine Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Regarding the signing: Does anyone know for sure where and when it will be? Sunday afternoon "PA Panel 2" at 1pm?

I've never been to one, so is there a particular format? 1 book per person, as many PA books as you can carry, what exactly?

Thanks for your help!

likethesearchengine on
    moulder_sage_magic.gif
  • Options
    dropkick888dropkick888 Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    quickly skimmed the previous 45 pages - anyone know if the panel theaters are forced to empty between panels?

dropkick888 on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    quickly skimmed the previous 45 pages - anyone know if the panel theaters are forced to empty between panels?

Yes they are.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    If you look on the schedule and there's a break between 2 panels in the same room that means the theatre is emptied. I haven't looked myself, but I'm pretty sure almost every theatre is emptied between panels except the PA one right after the keynote.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    AstroLadAstroLad Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    aww i thought i could just camp out in the theater all day drinkin my bawls

AstroLad on
  • Options
    StethorelStethorel Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    I have a question about transferring a ticket (3 day pass) from one person to another. My friend is sadly going to be unable to attend PAX due to an emergency, but has already purchased tickets. He is willing to sell them to my girlfriend, so they don't go to waste. I looked around, but could not find the exact rules for a ticket transfer, if there are any. I'm sure this issue has been addressed a thousand times, but my PAX situation has begun to spiral and I want to get it back under control fast. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Stethorel on
  • Options
    MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hello PAX;
    I notice the timing between "Events by Time"; http://pax.evtmap.com/e/?which_events=main and "PAX East 2010 Schedule"; http://www.paxsite.com/paxeast/schedule.php are not the same. Which schedule should I go with?

-thank PAX

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The link you posted, while it does have a PAX East header, is actually the old data for PAX Prime 2009. The correct link for the PAX East mobile event schedule is: pax.expohud.com

Gundabad on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If your friend has a badge, then he just needs to give her the badge. If it's a will call (i.e. just a receipt with a barcode on it), then...
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    If you have or are buying tickets that must be picked up at will call, make sure you make special arrangements to take care of those tickets. You can do so by e-mailing Cathy Glickstein, she is the senior registrations manager over at Reed. She can also handle address changes and the like, so if you sell your tickets before packets go out, you should be able to have mailed tickets transferred as well.

whypick1 on
  • Options
    thornburgthornburg Registered User new member
    edited March 2010
    No ride-share thread?

I'm driving up from eastern PA tomorrow, returning on Monday. Got space in the car if someone in the area wants to pitch in for gas. (Yes, I realize I should have posted this here like two weeks ago. I'm a procrastinator).

thornburg on
  • Options
    ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Still no badge in the mail. What to do?

EDIT: Just kiddin', I'm good, I'm good. PAX support team rules.

ian.samuel on
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm sure this has been asked, it's about travelling from the Airport.

Looking at the MBTA site, it seems like there is some sort of Subway from the Airport. However, trying to get a trip planner to map a route schedule from the Airport to Symphony Station (I'm at Midtown Hotel) fails?

Am I doing something wrong?

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Take shuttle from airport terminal to blue line. Take blue line to Government Station. Take green line E to Symphony.

whypick1 on
This discussion has been closed.