As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forumer Seattle Get Togethers- Fall/Winter Edition

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited February 2010 in PAX Archive
Alrighty here we go. The time between PAX Prime and PAX East.
I foresee many gatherings :D

This time ill try and keep all the events updated in the 2nd post :)

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
BigRed on

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Stuff

BigRed on
  • ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I believe there's a meetup tonight (wednesday 9th of Sept) at Pies&Pints at 6pm

ashridah on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    phew, about time! I was starting to have Seattle meetup thread withdrawls! :P

Pies and Pints tonight at 6. Some people thought the fair thing would be a good idea, so we could plan to go down to Puyallup at some point. It runs from the 11 to the 27th of this month.

MetaverseNomad on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Where are the pie's and pints?

RoyceSraphim on
    edited September 2009

It's the name of a bar/restaurant: Here

ashridah on
    edited September 2009
    ashridah wrote: »

LOL. I wondered why you used tinyurl for that, until I realized that it was just a clever ploy to get us to open up Bing. You monster.

Here's their *actual* website: http://www.piesandpints.com/

It's on 65th near Roosevelt, there's some street/residential parking around it and the 48 bus stops right in front of it.

MetaverseNomad on
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Awww man, you guys keep having fun events on nights I have to work! :P

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited September 2009
    You guys keep having fun at places when im broke.

My bank account *really* hates PAX. Although hopefully im moving into a house soon. Expect an epic 21+/cool people party.

BigRed on
  • PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    My bank account *really* hates PAX.

Amen to that.

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
    edited September 2009
    yay parties!!! BigRed, I keep telling you! I'm sure everyone would buy you a drink! All you managers earn them so easily!

MetaverseNomad on
    edited September 2009
    maybe, ill take a look at monies and see what I can swing

BigRed on
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Although hopefully im moving into a house soon. Expect an epic 21+/cool people party.

Are we having a party that soon?

fml

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    21+? Lame! I'm gonna miss everything! Damn parents couldn't bang a year earlier.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited September 2009
    Jaiden: It wont be until after we are setteled and have all the tech hooked back up :P

Also does anybody local have any cardboard boxes that they can loan/give to me?
    Moving time, we got the house.

BigRed on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Did you try the liquor stores? I know you go there enough :-P

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited September 2009

LOL. I wondered why you used tinyurl for that, until I realized that it was just a clever ploy to get us to open up Bing. You monster.

Here's their *actual* website: http://www.piesandpints.com/

It's on 65th near Roosevelt, there's some street/residential parking around it and the 48 bus stops right in front of it.

I did it mainly because it had a map. Also, whoever designed PiesAndPints.com's website needs to spend less time worrying about getting strict html, and making a readable webpage. Sure, it's simple, but it's missing a lot of useful information, like a map link :)

The links to myspace don't inspire confidence either :P

ashridah on
    edited September 2009
    Jaiden: It wont be until after we are setteled and have all the tech hooked back up :P

If i see any of the small office-moving boxes around, i'll borrow them for you, but we mainly have big plastic ones we have to return now :(. All of mine got recycled or returned to the original owner.

ashridah on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Two things:

1) Yes.
    2) YESSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Once I get over dying of PAX flu, you fuckers won't be able to get rid of me.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • AccalonAccalon Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    What shenanigans are planned this weekend? Still have a few out of towners around, we should do one last hurrah before slipping back into the doldrums of school and winter to come.

Accalon on
    PAX 2007 Omegathon Champeen

*Proud member of the Photoshop Heroes*
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    over at my store (qfc) we have a bunch (apple boxes as what we used when we just moved) but we gave ours away.

also. puyallup, who's in?

s7arbuck on
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Gasworks? Tonight? Bring Mario Kart!

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm "doin' the Puyallup" tomorrow around noonish, there all day, if any of y'all're gonna be there, look for the guy in the obviously-PAX-related shirt :P

Kwisatz Haderach on
    Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
    edited September 2009
    I'm "doin' the Puyallup" tomorrow around noonish, there all day, if any of y'all're gonna be there, look for the guy in the obviously-PAX-related shirt :P

i am going next wednesday.

going on week days lets you do all day passes for like 25 dollars or something

s7arbuck on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    umm.. PAX hates my bank account too. I got paid today, and my account is still negative $74... fun stuff...

Anyway, I'm hosting a little LAN next weekend, the 19th. It's in Sedro-Wooley, but it's also free of charge, nothing big or fancy. We got new games and there's always Rock Band and such going on.

Maybe I'll show some of my PAX footage as well. :D

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    phew, about time! I was starting to have Seattle meetup thread withdrawls! :P

Pies and Pints tonight at 6. Some people thought the fair thing would be a good idea, so we could plan to go down to Puyallup at some point. It runs from the 11 to the 27th of this month.

Being a lowly Puyallup Resident, Id love to meet up at the fair.

For anyone that cares, Ill be toting some cards with my cologne on it. Just for you guyses!

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
    edited September 2009
    Ok, I'm not joking, no one wants to hear about your smell ANYMORE. We all know. We all know who you are. I understand that you're excited about your newfound fame and all, but stop milking it or everyone is going to hate you instead of appreciate your moment.

We're going to the fair... next weekend maybe? If anyone is still interested and the weather is still nice, we can still do the camp-out thing in my yard for the night. I want to actually have some freakin' smores this summer!!!

MetaverseNomad on
  • ShaddzShaddz Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Woah, hey now. I was joking!

Ill stash the cards.

Shaddz on
    Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    You can find me on:
    Twitter.com: @Shaddz
    Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/y7lesjt

You can find my gaming news-related rants and reviews on:
    http://www.GAMINGtruth.com
  • AsmodianAsmodian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    OK so this year was my first PAX and I met some really cool people, and I'd love to meet more people in the area throughout this next year. I posted once a while back but never went to anything. So if I randomly show up to one of these things that'd be ok right? Should I wear something that proclaims me as a nerd for all to see just so there's no confusion as to who I'm looking for? Like a utilikilt made of MtG cards or something?

Asmodian on
    Droymac.png
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to the fair on the 23rd.
    More people should go then, so we can hang out, because I can only afford to make it to the fair once this year.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    state fairs are flippin lame, just gonna put that out there :P

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I could do the fair next weekend. It sounds like it would be fun. I've also been told that I HAVE to see that Weird Al thing if I'm there.

Also Funnel Cake!

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • frecklefreckle Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asmodian wrote: »
    OK so this year was my first PAX and I met some really cool people, and I'd love to meet more people in the area throughout this next year. I posted once a while back but never went to anything. So if I randomly show up to one of these things that'd be ok right? Should I wear something that proclaims me as a nerd for all to see just so there's no confusion as to who I'm looking for? Like a utilikilt made of MtG cards or something?

That might help eliminate the part where you have to walk up to random strangers and ask if they are the ones from the internets. Which is what I did, and it was awkward.

freckle on
  • That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Asmodian wrote: »

Definitely! What I might suggest doing is showing up at an event where we are at a bar (assuming you are over 21) or eatery and looking for the big nerdy crowd (won't be that hard to miss). The Puyallup fair may be slightly harder since the whole group would be roaming the fairgrounds.

Oh yeah, bring a DS.

That_Spoony_Bard on
    edited September 2009
    well i am going to see coheed/brand new on Wednesday. and during the day i plan on riding the rides.... :)
    proXimity wrote: »
    state fairs are flippin lame, just gonna put that out there :P

s7arbuck on
  • AsmodianAsmodian Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Definitely! What I might suggest doing is showing up at an event where we are at a bar (assuming you are over 21) or eatery and looking for the big nerdy crowd (won't be that hard to miss). The Puyallup fair may be slightly harder since the whole group would be roaming the fairgrounds.

Oh yeah, bring a DS.

Yeah I'm definitely over 21 and live downtown with no car, so I'll probably wait til there's something like that downtown anyway. Well awesome I'm looking forward to it then, though I may need to pre funk before the first time since I'll be all shy otherwise. Seriously at the bar crawl I didn't talk to anyone until bar #3 but then I was all over the place and met everyone I could.

Asmodian on
    Droymac.png
  • RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    So I go to Gold's Gym in Redmond, WA. I was curious to see if anybody wanted to be my workout buddy, or at least come lift weights with me once in a while: it gets lonely =p

Anybody interested?

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Anyone in Seattle willing to go to 1351 east Olive on Tuesday at 5pm? I am taking co-workers and it could be a pretty live scene?.

RoyceSraphim on
    edited September 2009
    Anyone in Seattle willing to go to 1351 east Olive on Tuesday at 5pm? I am taking co-workers and it could be a pretty live scene?.

Way to sell it. uh. what exactly is happening there? What is this location that you've just listed by address? (also, 5pm? boo, some of us don't get out of work by then... lousy beatniks)

ashridah on
  • beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    lousy beatniks

Yes. We must bring back the phrase "beatniks".

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • HezaaaHezaaa Registered User regular
    edited September 2009

Way to sell it. uh. what exactly is happening there? What is this location that you've just listed by address? (also, 5pm? boo, some of us don't get out of work by then... lousy beatniks)

Agreed, let us know what's going to happen and I might show up...

Anyone up for 9/17 8pm at the Capitol Club (http://www.thecapitolclub.net/)? Delicious food and home of the chocolate bacon martini.
    edit: And then we could hit up Gameworks -- keep forgetting, it's all-you-can-play for $10 on Thursday nights!

Hezaaa on
This discussion has been closed.