Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

13»

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hensler wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    werehippy wrote:
    Does anyone else think adding Doom for this movie might be weird? I thought this movie is supposed to set the stage for a possible trilogy and showdown with Galactus. Putting Doom in a movie about the SS kind of makes me wonder if Vic will just be a cameo bad guy, which would be a bad move IMO. How serious of a threat could Doom be if SS could just take him out without trying too hard?

They could tie the trilogy together with Doom hating the FF and vice versa, but all of them being forced to work together to deal with the greater threat of SS/Galactus. It's cliched, but it's a old school superhero cliche that hasn't really shown up on the big screen yet.

Besides X-men 2: X-men united, you mean, where Magneto teamed up with the X-men to fight someone who was a threat to both.
    Or Spider-Man 2, [spoiler:a1c80bca99]where Doctor Octopus helps Spider-Man stop the tritium bomb.[/spoiler:a1c80bca99]

And besides Batman Returns where Batman teams up with Catwoman to fight the Walken.

Or Spider-Man 1 where Peter teams up with the Goblin Glider to take out the green goblin.

fixed

Transporter on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hensler wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    werehippy wrote:
    Does anyone else think adding Doom for this movie might be weird? I thought this movie is supposed to set the stage for a possible trilogy and showdown with Galactus. Putting Doom in a movie about the SS kind of makes me wonder if Vic will just be a cameo bad guy, which would be a bad move IMO. How serious of a threat could Doom be if SS could just take him out without trying too hard?

They could tie the trilogy together with Doom hating the FF and vice versa, but all of them being forced to work together to deal with the greater threat of SS/Galactus. It's cliched, but it's a old school superhero cliche that hasn't really shown up on the big screen yet.

Besides X-men 2: X-men united, you mean, where Magneto teamed up with the X-men to fight someone who was a threat to both.
    Or Spider-Man 2, [spoiler:d2a2cb853b]where Doctor Octopus helps Spider-Man stop the tritium bomb.[/spoiler:d2a2cb853b]

And besides Batman Returns where Batman teams up with Catwoman to fight the Walken.

Or Spider-Man 1 where Peter teams up with the Goblin Glider to take out the green goblin.

fixed

Ironically, Great Responsibility was the name that Norman gave his glider.

Hensler on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Malkor wrote:
    Scooter wrote:
    Briareos wrote:
    The trailer looks neat. [spoiler:eacef7e888]But I don't recall SS having the power to warp through solid matter. Wikipedia lists it as a power, but notes that a citation is needed. I suppose with the extent of the Power Cosmic, warping through solid matter certainly within his theoretical abilities.[/spoiler:eacef7e888]

What I'm most interested to see is how his appearance relates to Galactus.

Did you see the Cable vs. SS fight in C&D? They were basically destroying and rebuilding the entire area around them on a molecular level, while fighting each other. Yea, I'd say he could do it.

That was awesome by the way. The more I think about it the more I'm excited for this movie. Not so much because of the Fantastic Four, but more for SS and Galactus. Its too bad that each movie has to be in a vacuum within the continuity of the other comic movies though.

God, can you imagine how awesome it would be to have cross-overs going on in the movies? Maybe at the least have the Daily Bugle cover the Silver Surfer sightings. It'd be so freaking win if at some point they got an X-Men movie with Hulk in it (Hulk vs. Wolverine!). Or maybe after the Ghost Rider movie comes out, have Hulk, Spidey, Wolverine, and GR team up to fight the Fantastic Four. The mind boggles.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Hensler wrote:
    Hensler wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    werehippy wrote:

Or Spider-Man 2, [spoiler:566231b32b]where Doctor Octopus helps Spider-Man stop the tritium bomb.[/spoiler:566231b32b]

fixed

Ironically, Great Responsibility was the name that Norman gave his glider.

I lol'd.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hopefully that stuff will start to happen. Doesn't Marvel own their own production company now or something?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    I think cross-overs would be hard to do movie wise. I mean for a start you'd have to stark asking why only Spider-Man is fighting Sandman, Venom and the Goblin when the Fantastic Four including publicity seeking Torch are hanging about or why Spidey isn't dealing with Doom. I guess a cameo or two would be kind of cool but I don't really want to see more of movie Johnny then I have to and same for movie Hulk.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Golden Yak wrote:
    It'd be so freaking win if at some point they got an X-Men movie with Hulk in it (Hulk vs. Wolverine!).

Yeah, they could releases like one scene in every movie for a decade and it would still sell like crazy.

And I think with the way the new Marvel movie studio works, crossovers could only happen with movies that are developed by it. That was one of the reasons it was created - right now, different companies own different rights for all the movies, so we can't see Spider-Man pop up in X-Men. But all the movies from the new studio don't have to worry about this - so we could see a Heroes for Hire movie for example (rumor has it that Iron Fist and Luke Cage flicks are being developed)

Hensler on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My friend has some shares in marvel and he got like an annual budget report or whatever.
    Anyway it mentioned a bunch of movies that are in the works. Cloak and Dagger and I think Iron fist are the ones I remember seeing mentioned.

NOTE In the works probably means nothing more than some guy in a suit thinks it might be a cool idea.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well. The movie incarnations of the FF are awful so hopefully SS beats the hell out of them.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007

The way I see it, they would probably use Doom as the springboard to get you back into the FF "mood" - Act I of the film would be the FF stopping whatever Doom's latest scheme is. Proceed to the Reed/Sue wedding, SS introduction, et al, and the movie would likely end as described earlier, with Galactus' arrival being a cliffhanger.

polaris314 on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    tehfalconertehfalconer moonrocks in my noseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/755/755629p1.html

Quick update on the new movie: Galactus will appear in the movie. Also, one small tidbit, possible spoiler, was mentioned in the link: [spoiler:9ddf71b424]Galactus will be a "force" instead of a character. I'm guessing this means Ultimate Galactus instead of the 616 version.[/spoiler:9ddf71b424]

tehfalconer on
    ... you will be the falcon, and I shall remain... The Falconer!