Options

[Chat] The internet is jerks

• Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    ElJeffe wrote:
    So Maddie is convinced that there's a black clown living inside her stuffed cow that's going to come out and get her.

Does that make her a racist?

Black, like skin? Or black, like Shadow Link?

Probably like Shadow Link, since I don't think she understands "black" in the racial sense.

edit: She's weird, though. On Christmas we told her she couldn't have any more marshmallows, because she'd had too many. Then she found one behind the tree. She pointed it out, and I asked what it was doing. She said, "It's mocking me."
    Don't you also have an awesome niece

all

"Were you afraid, Uncle Jeff?"
    "Yeah, I don't much like bats."
    "You shouldn't be afraid of bats. They're like Batman, just shrunk down small."

quoting from memory

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    edit: She's weird, though. On Christmas we told her she couldn't have any more marshmallows, because she'd had too many. Then she found one behind the tree. She pointed it out, and I asked what it was doing. She said, "It's mocking me."
    Dude, your kid is awesome.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My Siamese is still pissed at us :(

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    My daughter somehow managed to get two rumballs the other day, and then stumbled around and was all "I love you" and shit like the stereotypical drunk.

It was one of the more absurd things I've ever seen.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I'm going to assume this involves alcohol and a misunderstanding of "pussy".

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    stilist wrote:
    I'm going to assume this involves alcohol and a misunderstanding of "pussy".

We brought a kitten into the house for a day.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    rumballs?

why does this sound like an awesome idea

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2006
    Cassiopea shared with me her GTalk name and I very much enjoyed chatting with her

If anyone else would like to share theirs mine is thevioletforest and I am a talkable and agreeable person who does enjoy a chat

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Jinnigan wrote:
    rumballs?

why does this sound like an awesome idea

I forget the exact recipe, but it involves rum, powdered sugar, a lot of crushed vanilla wafers, and some other stuff. They're fucking delicious, but also pretty strong (depending, of course, on how much and what proof rum you use). My daughter asked me for one, so I gave her one figuring, hell, what harm can just a little do? Then, it seems, after I went upstairs, she asked my wife for one, and said I hadn't given her one yet, so she got a second one.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    i don't think there's really anything i can say that doesn't make me sound like a creep

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    I just read a few posts here and there from the last few days.

Was half the forum drunk, or something?

Yeah I came back from Maine and it was all mood: manic. And probably not really the pick-a-fight and clean-the-fuck-out-of-your-apartment manic but something closer to the put-your-eyes-out-with-kitchen-shears manic.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    ElJeffe wrote:
    Dude, your kid is awesome.

Can I sig this, please Mr. ElJeffe?

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    When I was a kid my uncles used to give me sips of their beer. Now I'm a drunk. Learn from me.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    When I was a kid my dad gave me sips from his whiskey and now I have a 1.9 GPA.

uhhh

Jinnigan on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    When I was a kid my uncles used to give me sips of their beer. Now I'm a drunk. Learn from me.

My uncle gave me a sip of his beer once when I was a kid, and it was awful. And still, to this day, I don't fucking like beer.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Will -- I watched Oldboy. Boy it sure was something to look at, but that was the dumbest story I've watched in years. I won't write your tastes off based on that film alone, but let it be known you now reside squarely in 'suspect' territory.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:

My uncle gave me a sip of his beer once when I was a kid, and it was awful. And still, to this day, I don't fucking like beer.

Same. 'course I'm still underage, but if alcohol is an accquired taste then I'm in no hurry to accquire it.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

Same. 'course I'm still underage, but if alcohol is an accquired taste then I'm in no hurry to accquire it.

There's plenty of delicious alcohol, but beer is most certainly an "acquired" taste. The whole concept of intentionally acquiring a taste for something I don't currently enjoy never made sense to me.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Now is it just me, or whenever there is a relationship problem in the H/A forums, do most of the people usually agree to dump/break up the relationship. :?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2006
    celery77 wrote:
    Will -- I watched Oldboy. Boy it sure was something to look at, but that was the dumbest story I've watched in years. I won't write your tastes off based on that film alone, but let it be known you now reside squarely in 'suspect' territory.

Eh it was gorgeous and had magnificent long takes, was plotted unconventionally and had enough of fucked-upness-in-a-foreign-place that I could groove on it in sort of the same way that I like Tennessee Williams.

Anyways what are some of your mainstays? I guess I probably should have established this before I made a recommendation.

Also, The Bad Sleep Well was fine, but not extraordinary. Kurosawa is an incredibly disciplined filmmaker and storyteller, but to modern tastes it can come off as plodding at times. Toshiro Mifune is always a pleasure to watch.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Now is it just me, or whenever there is a relationship problem in the H/A forums, do most of the people usually agree to dump/break up the relationship. :?
    If you're making a relationship thread in H/A, you've pretty much passed the point where it's salvageable. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    By the time they're spelling out their woes on the intertrons and asking for anonymous advice, the writing is pretty much on the wall.

edit: beat by Than but honestly I said it with so much more verve.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:

To be fair, if you've got a problem bad enough that it requires a committee to come up with a solution, then things are in bad shape. A greater number of those are probably at the legitimate point where the only thing left to do is to limit the fallout.

werehippy on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    man, I fear my RAM is totally going out on me. games are all crashing on me now where they worked fine before.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If I ever ask H/A about a relationship issue, I want to be banned immediately.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Well some of the problems I saw, seems just like the person is confused, sure there are the ones that didn't end up too well, "they fucked on the boat". Doesn't mean all relationships there couldn't be fixed.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    If I ever ask H/A about a relationship issue, I want to be banned immediately.

"What should I get my girlfriend for Christmas?"

PERMABANNED.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

There's plenty of delicious alcohol, but beer is most certainly an "acquired" taste. The whole concept of intentionally acquiring a taste for something I don't currently enjoy never made sense to me.

I dunno, when I first really started drinknig beer, I drank the cheapest crap I could find because I was a poor high-school/college student. Later when quantity wasn't so much of an issue, and I started earning some $$$ I found that after drinking Milwaukees Best or Natural Ice some beer acutally had some taste to it, and it was good. I don't think I'm at the point where I'm a beer snob though.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Malkor wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

I dunno, when I first really started drinknig beer, I drank the cheapest crap I could find because I was a poor high-school/college student. Later when quantity wasn't so much of an issue, and I started earning some $$$ I found that after drinking Milwaukees Best or Natural Ice some beer acutally had some taste to it, and it was good. I don't think I'm at the point where I'm a beer snob though.

So, you only like beer now because you drank shitty beer for long enough that non-shitty beer tasted great?

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    YosemiteSamYosemiteSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

I think that even if you wait to start drinking, you'll probably be stupid and overdo it a bit whenever you do start.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

I think that even if you wait to start drinking, you'll probably be stupid and overdo it a bit whenever you do start.

Yeah.

• Options
    edited December 2006
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

Yeah.

I guess I was lucky that I was in europe and with people who knew what they were doing when I first started, since I haven't had a bad drinking experience yet.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:

Yeah.

I guess I was lucky that I was in europe and with people who knew what they were doing when I first started, since I haven't had a bad drinking experience yet.
    I haven't had a bad drinking experience per se, but I look back on my first few months of drinking and realize that I drank too much too often. Luckily nothing bad came out of it, except that I looked kind of dumb I guess, but so did a lot of other people.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:
    Mahnmut wrote:
    Malkor wrote:

Yeah.

Shit, I've been drinking for years and still fuck up occasionally. Like the weekend before Christmas when I forgot I hadn't eaten all day prior to drinking a copious amount of Goldshlager (sp?).

Ugh, that was a shitty night.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    So, you only like beer now because you drank shitty beer for long enough that non-shitty beer tasted great?

More like I can appreciate good beer because I drank shitty beer for so long that it tasted not bad. But I think wine is vile.

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited December 2006
    Shit, I've been drinking for years and still fuck up occasionally. Like the weekend before Christmas when I forgot I hadn't eaten all day prior to drinking a copious amount of Goldshlager (sp?).

Ugh, that was a shitty night.
    Yeah, I've had two drinks intending to just relax and ended up kind of drunk because I forgot I was dehydrated and hungry.

YosemiteSam on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Saburbia wrote:

It's not knowing how to drink (because American has more than it's fair share of professional drinkers, sadly), it's the entire culture surrounding drinking. One of these days we'll get past the puritanical idea that if simply say something is naughty, people won't do it, and realize the more taboo you make something, the more fucked up people's interaction with it gets.

werehippy on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited December 2006
    You guys are all wimps.

Or I'm just lucky. I have a kidney disorder that's a total mixed bag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystinuria

So, I have elevated levels of Cystine in me and Cystine is known to counter alcohol (They say eat apples to help with hangovers). I sober from totally wasted to stone sober in a couple hours. It rocks. I never, ever get sick from alcohol.

Of course, I have kidney stones to look forward to, but I'll enjoy this thing while I'm young.

Nova_C on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Nova_C wrote:
    You guys are all wimps.

Or I'm just lucky. I have a kidney disorder that's a total mixed bag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystinuria

So, I have elevated levels of Cystine in me and Cystine is known to counter alcohol (They say eat apples to help with hangovers). I sober from totally wasted to stone sober in a couple hours. It rocks. I never, ever get sick from alcohol.

Of course, I have kidney stones to look forward to, but I'll enjoy this thing while I'm young.

I have a metabolic disorder which enabled me to eat whatever i wanted, whenever i wanted, and not even worry about getting fat. in fact, i had to eat a high protein, high carb diet to avoid just turning into a stickbitch.
    lots of people have fast metabolisms this way, but mine was so bad it was a serious health problem and had i not gone on medication to correct it, my metabolism would've burnt out by 25 and i would've died.

so, i mean, i miss not having to watch what i eat or worry about getting a gut, but at the same time

not dying is also good.

Pony on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    New Order are pretty rad.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
This discussion has been closed.