Options

Mass Effect - Release date set for January 26, 2010. 29 January in Europa.

• Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Oh please Fatty, like that would slow us down

Robman on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robman wrote: »

Galactic realdoll industries would hire it as a consultant and as a base for a production line.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    just think of the fanfiction.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Robman wrote: »

"So, how 'bout I jack in to your input port?" :winky:

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    Axen wrote: »
    What about a Volus riding an Elcor?

With Twin Bazookas! One on each Shoulder! And they're special attack could be the Elcor uses the Volus as a bowling ball!

There needs to be more Fastball Specials in games.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    The monkey doesn't have the module.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If there is a Geth party member I hope there is a really good explanation for why it is there and isn't a complete idiot. Otherwise it will just be really verisimilitude breaking.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    ElitistbElitistb Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    To believe that the Geth have not ever modified themselves or at the very least experimented with that (leaving potential "mutants" or what have you) is, perhaps, naive.

Elitistb on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    If there is a Geth party member I hope there is a really good explanation for why it is there and isn't a complete idiot. Otherwise it will just be really verisimilitude breaking.

It's only there so you can have Tali in one corner, Geth in the other, hating eachother in that NPC-standing-in-one-place-for-eternety kind of way.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    deowolf wrote: »

Liara and Tali both take exception when you run those little guys over in the Mako.

The didn't seem to care when I executed every monkey that I found without the module by shotgun though.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    langfor6 wrote: »
    deowolf wrote: »

Liara and Tali both take exception when you run those little guys over in the Mako.

The didn't seem to care when I executed every monkey that I found without the module by shotgun though.

That's because, like most women, they're nagging at you about your driving.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That's what you get for not having Wrex drive.

deowolf on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    takyris wrote: »
    As Santa has politely indicated, even if I actually knew that, there's no way in hell I'd be allowed to tell you. Sorry.

I figured as much, didn't hurt to try though. Could have been surprised :D

According to logic and all the indie devs who talked about that issue recently, thanks to Randy "JAMBAAAGLR" Pitchford, selling stuff through steam gets them more money than selling through a Publisher. As the huge majority of devs need a publisher to get games to a mortar and brick store, I'd say selling through steam is much definitely more profitable if you're not self-published, and probably still so even if you are. Of course, the best way for them to get moar moneys per copy is to sell the game on their own website (like World of Goo and Machinarium), but that won't get you a fraction of the exposure steam gets.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    Now that you guys have caught on to the fact that N7 Geth isn't a Geth exactly I feel comfortable revealing that is who the main villian is, sort of. It is what Shepard secretly fears she is becoming, no better than what they would fight.

The N7 logo? The hole in its chest (heartlessness)?

If you guys haven't figured it out by now, the story of Mass Effect 2 is Shepard fighting her way out of a coma (after the horrible face-and-skills accident that destroys the Normandy), and the N7 Geth is the embodiment of Shepard's doubt, the primary antagonist that Shepard needs to overcome in order to have the resolve to come to and save the galaxy in ME3. Tali actually serves as another aspect of Shepard's personality: She's the representation of the isolation of being a Spectre and of being in command in general (a full body suit that you can never safely remove).

All the characters we've seen thus far are either representations of parts of herself or her crew that she must learn to either cultivate or neutralize. Grunt isn't Wrex-lite, he's the embodiment of his natural aggression, and the danger that Wrex might just one day eat you for shits and giggles. Thane is actually just another aspect of Wrex's personality, the cool as ice killer, and the danger that Wrex might turn on you when your interests run contrary to his too many times.

Subject Zero is all the aspects of Kaiden that he feels the need to repress. If Kaiden for whatever reason is not around she will also serve as the guilt over this and you will have to fight her at some point. Miranda serves a similar funtion with respect to Ashley.

All the planets are Shepard's memories of different influential events in her life, each with its own demon that must be brought to heel. There will, for example, be a planet for your respective background (Earthborn, Colonist, Spacer) and one for your backstory (The Blitz, Torfan, Akuze), though there will be far more than just those two.

This is also why the game seems to be taking place in a bizarro-Citadel, and why the potential for Cylon-Knight armor won't be raising any eyebrows.
    Mass Effect 2: Persona
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Happy Topless Tali day everyone!

wait, what?

in related news, if dumping the geth party member outta the airlock gets tali into the aforementioned state, i'm doing it.

mass effect is all about the choices.

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    As Santa has politely indicated, even if I actually knew that, there's no way in hell I'd be allowed to tell you. Sorry.

I figured as much, didn't hurt to try though. Could have been surprised :D

According to logic and all the indie devs who talked about that issue recently, thanks to Randy "JAMBAAAGLR" Pitchford, selling stuff through steam gets them more money than selling through a Publisher. As the huge majority of devs need a publisher to get games to a mortar and brick store, I'd say selling through steam is much definitely more profitable if you're not self-published, and probably still so even if you are. Of course, the best way for them to get moar moneys per copy is to sell the game on their own website (like World of Goo and Machinarium), but that won't get you a fraction of the exposure steam gets.

I see this a missed opportunity for taky to give us a good "I can't say anything about about that, go ask Fai Dan".

deowolf on
  • Options
    BlackDoveBlackDove Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Personally I yearn for a Volus on the Normandy.

He doesn't have to follow me into combat, but GOD DAMN, maybe he can replace that dumb fucker that's taking my money for selling me weaponry I need to save the galaxy with.

One would imagine a good accountant could make it work in a better way.

BlackDove on
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    BlackDove wrote: »

He doesn't have to follow me into combat, but GOD DAMN, maybe he can replace that dumb fucker that's taking my money for selling me weaponry I need to save the galaxy with.

I would be thrilled to replace that hat-wearing jerk with a Volus. Have him die with the Normandy, because he's a moron and tries to take all his merchandise with him. Shepard buys a new ship from a snarky Volus who decides to hang around and sell you even more junk.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

I would be thrilled to replace that hat-wearing jerk with a Volus. Have him die with the Normandy, because he's a moron and tries to take all his merchandise with him. Shepard buys a new ship from a snarky Volus who decides to hang around and sell you even more junk.

he'll sell you upgrades to your new ship

want that sectional hover-couch and the 170 inch viewscreen for joker? with your spectre discount, it comes to 879,000.

special-ordering some elcor wall-art? you might want to pair that with some mood lighting.

oh god it's the sims in space

cmon EA, make it happen

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    StormwaltzStormwaltz Beyond the Perseus VeilRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    "So, how 'bout I jack in to your input port?" :winky:

"User Shepard, Unit Ashley 02 is requesting Administrative Access to your boomstick module. Will you accept (Y/N)?"

Stormwaltz on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

want that sectional hover-couch and the 170 inch viewscreen for joker? with your spectre discount, it comes to 879,000.

special-ordering some elcor wall-art? you might want to pair that with some mood lighting.

cmon EA, make it happen

The Sims: Citadel Edition

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

Tell us how much you earn.

We will extrpolate from there.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    darleysam wrote: »

Tell us how much you earn.

We will extrpolate from there.

Probably making millions after they sold out to EA.

I thought it was about the games, man.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »

cmon EA, make it happen

The Sims: Citadel Edition

Hey, if I can force Liara, Tali, Ashley, or whatever new Titty McNipples' name is to take a shower whenever I want them to.... :winky:

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Hey, if I can force Liara, Tali, Ashley, or whatever new Titty McNipples' name is to take a shower whenever I want them to.... :winky:

It do believe that her name is Tits McGee, thank you.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Aren't they two different people? Tits McGee is the one with the space-bra issues and Titty McNipples is the psycho biotic girl. Right?

If they slut up Tali this is going to get even more confusing.

Strikor on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    After Virmire, the Salarian vendor hangs out right across from the hat wearing douche in the Normandy and also tries to sell you stuff.

Fuckers are setting up franchises down there.

My FemShep romance with Kaiden didn't work out. He balked when I proposed a threesome with Liara and it automatically ended the romance. It just defaulted me to Liara.

Alenko heroically sacrificed his life on Virmire shortly thereafter.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Did you type those things out of order?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Nope, I'm just waxing philosophic about high and low times had on Virmire.

This one time, on Ilos...

langfor6 on
  • Options
    Wet BanditWet Bandit Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Strikor wrote: »
    Aren't they two different people? Tits McGee is the one with the space-bra issues and Titty McNipples is the psycho biotic girl. Right?

Probably not the reaction BioWare had in mind for their ME2 marketing so far, lol.

Wet Bandit on
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Xtreme McNipples, then.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    If Grant Morrison can write a rabbit as a compelling character, and people can find Wall-E and EVE adorable, what do you think Bioware can do with a semi-retard robot?

And sigged.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    After Virmire, the Salarian vendor hangs out right across from the hat wearing douche in the Normandy and also tries to sell you stuff.

I thought that was one of the soldier dudes, not Morlan.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Actually, I was referencing Tits McGee... my bad.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Strikor wrote: »

If they slut up Tali this is going to get even more confusing.

Tits McGee is miss rich bitch no-bra

The other one has names ranging from Suzie to Natalie Portman

Robman on
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    This is a couple pages late
    Someone wrote:
    Stuff about Geth making husks
    I always got the impression that the Husks were Reaper technology.

There's the one mission where some scientists uncovered ancient ruins and got turned into husks.

And then the implants on the husks look like SPOILERED's implants.
    Saren

gjaustin on
  • Options
    ProsperoProspero Registered User regular
    edited October 2009

"WELCOME TO MORLAN'S FAMOUS SHOP!

YOU WILL BE PLEASED I THINK!"

If only I could have that every second I spend in the Normandy.

Prospero on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    gjaustin wrote: »
    This is a couple pages late
    Someone wrote:
    Stuff about Geth making husks
    I always got the impression that the Husks were Reaper technology.

There's the one mission where some scientists uncovered ancient ruins and got turned into husks.

And then the implants on the husks look like SPOILERED's implants.
    Saren

you're right. :O

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    i loved the little thing about coming onto the normandy

"commander shepard has left the bridge. XO pressley has command."

or something like that, it made me feel so cool

i need to play it again some time

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

It is. It's the Salarian vendor from Hold the Line's motley crew on Virmire, not Morlan.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    So I just started reading up on this game. What the hell is the point of a possible ending where Shepard dies in the end of 2 if he's still alive in 3?

Cabezone on