As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] New Calculator w/ Regional Prices (Page 98)

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    30 minutes remain.

Hide your wallet.

Alegis on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alright well I gave in and bought the THQ pack. Steam deals are the best/worst things ever.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Finally picked up L4D2, can I get an invite onto the PA Steam group?
    ID : http://steamcommunity.com/id/xanxanlol

Xanathus on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Alegis wrote: »
    30 minutes remain.

Hide your wallet.

Shit, I need to be out the door by then. Curse you steam! No, I don't mean it, I love you baby.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    SteevL wrote: »
    Anyone have an opinion of Order of War? I got it mixed up with Men of War when I first saw the sale yesterday, but now I realize it's the Square Enix RTS. I guess what I am mainly interested in is if it has a good single player campaign.

It's bad. Really really bad. Company of Heroes and Men of War are better than it in every way possible, plus a few ways that aren't possible.

Yeah, I tried the demo and wasn't impressed. I mean, it was OK, but it reminded me of World in Conflict, which I would much rather play.

Speaking of which, I think I'd buy World in Conflict on Steam if it is part of the sale today or tomorrow. I already own it, but I'd like to get the Soviet expansion.

SteevL on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh lord the 12:00 guns just fired

Halp

Robman on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Anyone have an opinion of Order of War? I got it mixed up with Men of War when I first saw the sale yesterday, but now I realize it's the Square Enix RTS. I guess what I am mainly interested in is if it has a good single player campaign.

It's bad. Really really bad. Company of Heroes and Men of War are better than it in every way possible, plus a few ways that aren't possible.

Yeah, I tried the demo and wasn't impressed. I mean, it was OK, but it reminded me of World in Conflict, which I would much rather play.

Speaking of which, I think I'd buy World in Conflict on Steam if it is part of the sale today or tomorrow. I already own it, but I'd like to get the Soviet expansion.

The D2D 5 year sale had WiC for 5 bones

Robman on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    EVE Online: Apocrypha - £3.74
    Battlefield 2: Complete Collection - £7.49
    Lucidity - £1.74
    Trackmania United Forever - £9.99
    Prince of Persia - £9.99
    World of Goo - £4.24
    Guild Wars Trilogy - £14.99

Edit: Nothing for me today.

LewieP on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    and the new promo

Eve Apocrypha $5
    BF2 complete $15
    Lucidity $2.50
    Trackmania United Forever $20
    Prince of Persia $15
    World of Goo $5
    Guild Wars Trilogy $25

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    ha, moon dollars

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    New deals are:
    • EVE Online 75% off
    • Battlefield 2 50% off
    • Lucidity 75% off
    • Trackmania United Forever 50% off
    • Prince of Persia 50% off
    • World of Goo 75% off
    • Guild Wars 50 % off
    Not really anything I feel compelled to buy.

Peewi on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How is Lucidity? It looks interesting!

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    TodesbartTodesbart Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Lucidity is crazy cheap. Is it really as bad as everyone says?

Todesbart on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Wwhew, safe

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    and.... a big stinker.

Eve Online - 75% off - $4.99 (Can you use this with recruit a friend? Might do it. $5 for a free month on my main)
    Battlefield 2 - 50% off - $14.99 - (Pretty sure you can get it for cheaper, plus two of the expansions are free now anyways)
    Lucidity - 75% off - $2.49
    Trackmania - 50% off - $19.99
    Prince of Persia -50% off $14.99 (might be worth it)
    World of Goo -75% off $4.99 (Was a cent not long ago)
    Guild Wars Trilogy -50% off $24.99 (Not my cup of tea, but not a bad purchase)

Edit- my god, beat by 3.

Sanders on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Anyone thinking of getting Prince of Persia, I warn you it is utter garbage.

Someone might post saying they think otherwise, but they are probably lying.

LewieP on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    World of Goo is completely pointless considering that you could get it for one cent in a recent sale. Lucidity looks interesting.

Couscous on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    New deals are:
    • EVE Online 75% off
    • Battlefield 2 50% off
    • Lucidity 75% off
    • Trackmania United Forever 50% off
    • Prince of Persia 50% off
    • World of Goo 75% off
    • Guild Wars 50 % off
    Not really anything I feel compelled to buy.

Not a single game I want. And no Prototype. I think I'm about to cry. D:

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »

I like it a lot

But I'm known for my excellent taste in gaming.

Unlike certain British dudes of the P family.

<3

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Sweet, time to pick up Battlefield 2! Wait, no, I bought that like 7 years ago.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Anyone telling you Prince of Persia is utter garbage obviously hates fun things that are pretty.

Also, all of guild wars for 25 bucks doesn't look bad. I've been almost itching to get back into some guild wars.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Sir you are a scoundrel and a liar and a generally thuggish poo-head.

Robman on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Corbius wrote: »
    Anyone telling you Prince of Persia is utter garbage obviously hates fun things that are pretty.

Also, all of guild wars for 25 bucks doesn't look bad. I've been almost itching to get back into some guild wars.

I always end up getting into it for a bit then quitting pretty quickly. It was fun with the PA people for a while though.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    How is it battlefield is still so much all this time later? I feel like 19.99 should be the regular price and it should be 5 during this sale. Yeah it has the addons, but it's been a long time.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Unfortunate, nothing even tempts me today. Oh well, maybe something exciting will appear on Monday.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • Options
    Lightor216Lightor216 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Agreed. I'm hopping on BF2

Lightor216 on
  • Options
    IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »
    How is it battlefield is still so much all this time later? I feel like 19.99 should be the regular price and it should be 5 during this sale. Yeah it has the addons, but it's been a long time.

Still plays good. Obv not the best graphics like Crysis or L4D2 but still good enough to play. The big advantage is the online is still fully loaded and excellent. Unlike other 5 year old games where the community has died this one is still going really strong. Totally worth it.

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • Options
    SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    -SPI- wrote: »

I've seen Battlefield 2 Deluxe Edition in stores for around $15 new, and you can get it off amazon for $15 as well. The other two expansions are free as of version 1.5 (along with no need for the play disc in to play).

There is zero reason to buy it at $30 on steam, and $15 is hardly a deal at all.

Sanders on
  • Options
    SherlokSherlok Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Todesbart wrote: »
    Lucidity is crazy cheap. Is it really as bad as everyone says?

There's a demo for it i think?

I bought it for full price because I love LucasArts and weird Indi-ish games melt my heart.

It was cool for the first 10 or so levels, but then it just got to be frustrating, then I just lost interest. Like tetris, you don't always get the pieces you need/want so you can burn them to get a new one, but whatever algorithm they have figuring out what pieces to give you had to have been written by Loki. I've gotten 6 or more of the same piece in a row before, killing the girl because wtf am I supposed to do with 8 bombs? She can't walk on bombs!

The concept is interesting and the art is cool, but the story and some of the stuff that drives the story ( the loading screens, postcards at the end of levels) are just way too sappy for me.

Osmos is by far a better buy.

It wasn't terrible.

Guild wars is tempting, but I've already got Dragon Age to fill that niche - maybe I can talk some friends into getting it. I'm assuming playing it cooperatively is the bees knees? Cooperative things usually are.

Sherlok on
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    PoP is a very good "Put it on for a half hour and run around chillin' out and being chill" game. It is not an action packed romp.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked Prince of Persia, but it can be had for cheaper if you don't mind a physical copy. Like at GoGamer for $7.90 + shipping.

SteevL on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Well, I was really interested in Lucidity, and for 2.5 bucks I can't pass it up. And I never got around to getting World of Goo either, so I'll be getting that.

I'm kind of pondering battlefield, but if it's not that great a deal I'll probably pass it up. What do people think of Trackmania? I hadn't really heard of it, and it looks like my kind of racer/customization/weird shit combination.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    What do people think of Trackmania? I hadn't really heard of it, and it looks like my kind of racer/customization/weird shit combination.

I really like it, but the free version is enough for me.

That an a full sequel is out next year iirc, makes it not such a good deal.

LewieP on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I liked Prince of Persia, but it can be had for cheaper if you don't mind a physical copy. Like at GoGamer for $7.90 + shipping.
    At certain times, a man needs to avoid creating any physical evidence that connects him to spending money on games.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I grew tired of battlefield 2 when it took half an hour to joinj a match in vanilla. Dunno if they changed it but that was a big turn off.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    No Torchlight. Boo.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    PoP is a very good "Put it on for a half hour and run around chillin' out and being chill" game. It is not an action packed romp.

That's exactly my opinion. Boot it up, do one area, go do something else.

It's pretty fun that way.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm glad today is not so good, I can't afford any more games. I'm still afraid they'll put Oblivion on sale and I'll have to buy it.

elevature on
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'm hoping for a fallout 3 sale myself. Never played and I want to so bad D:

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I grew tired of battlefield 2 when it took half an hour to joinj a match in vanilla. Dunno if they changed it but that was a big turn off.

If your computer sucks, the first time you join a game it will take a while. Half an hour, though, no. More like 2-3 minutes.

TychoCelchuuu on
This discussion has been closed.