As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oblivion Expansion coming in spring 2007!

• Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I also have a problem - The quest in Bruma where you have to get some woman's gold by speakign to her husband in prison.

Well, hubby's dead, and it wasn't me that killed him. So she just wants me to speak to her husband, who is very very not moving.

Is my quest fucked?

ben0207 on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited February 2007
    ben0207 wrote:
    I also have a problem - The quest in Bruma where you have to get some woman's gold by speakign to her husband in prison.

Well, hubby's dead, and it wasn't me that killed him. So she just wants me to speak to her husband, who is very very not moving.

Is my quest fucked?
    [spoiler:5dfc85247c]spawn a new one? that is unless you have the 360 version[/spoiler:5dfc85247c]

bongi on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    pretty much, yeah. He wasn't supposed to be dead, probably something crazy happened and the guard got pissed.

Hey, guys, guess what happens when you decided to do DB missions in the middle of the Kot9 quests?

[spoiler:e8ec6b9ae1]yeah, you lose the right to wear the crusader stuff... I found out that it happens after just 2 points of infamy.[/spoiler:e8ec6b9ae1]

And by the Nine, I hate going on pilgrimages. I wish I could make notes on the map and mark down all shrines I find.

BTW, I saw that now I have a Nine divines FAction in my journal... Does that means that I have to make lots of pilgrimages to raise it? what's the trick?

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'll probably get tossed out for Necromancy for reviving this thread, I fear? :?

Eitherway,

I restarted a game with OOO-lite installed, the game experience is a lot smoother now. :D
    I ran into a Dunmer woman asking if I knew what the fine on Necrophilia was. I got to reply to that with a "first time offence?" and she said "uhrm, let's assume...no" and I got to answer "somewhere around 500 gold" and she said "Ah, that is actually much less than on Morrowind, thank you, good bye". I just stood there for a good minute with a blank stare. Does anyone know if this was an insider joke for something that happened in TES3?

The reason I made this post is that I have a nasty bug making it impossible to play the main quest..Baurus won't move. D= When I met him in the inn, he walked away as he had to, but when he went through the door, I got a warning that he was unconscious, I rushed in, found him with the Mythic Dawn spy next to him, I killed the spy, but Baurus didn't move and his lips don't move when he talks to me. After that I went on my merry way, got to the part where
    you have to get the fourth book from a Mytich Dawn guy
    . I ignored the quest for a while and went to kill some vampires, all of a sudden, Baurus plops up behind me and says I'm hard to find and that I must follow him to the Elven Garden Sewers. I ignore him to kill off a matriarch and after that start to follow him.

He walks normal again, but he won't go through the door out of the cave I was in. I turn in another quest and meet him in the Elven Garden Sewer, where he can't move and move his lips again. I need him for the quest, but I can't push him all the way through the sewers. Can anyone help me out or should I just give up the quest and enjoy the game? :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I'll probably get tossed out for Necromancy for reviving this thread, I fear? :?

Eitherway,

I restarted a game with OOO-lite installed, the game experience is a lot smoother now. :D
    I ran into a Dunmer woman asking if I knew what the fine on Necrophilia was. I got to reply to that with a "first time offence?" and she said "uhrm, let's assume...no" and I got to answer "somewhere around 500 gold" and she said "Ah, that is actually much less than on Morrowind, thank you, good bye". I just stood there for a good minute with a blank stare. Does anyone know if this was an insider joke for something that happened in TES3?

It isn't, although the Dunmer respect for the dead explains why the fee would have been much larger.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    thorpe wrote: »
    It isn't, although the Dunmer respect for the dead explains why the fee would have been much larger.
    On Morrowind they used the spirits of the dead to maintain the wall around the centre of the island, right? (I forgot the name, Mt Doom or something ;) )

Aldo on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Red Mountain. And no, they didn't, that was held up by
    Vivec's power

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh, alrighty then. O.O

I suppose no one can help me out with my bug? I think I'll just leave the sewer system and hope that he'll reset sooner or later. =/

Aldo on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, so this is kinda the Oblivion thread, right?

I just found the Arena earlier today, whilst dicking around/selling stuff in IC (I never really wandered beyond the Market District before).

So I enter, expecting some tough fights.

I beat the entire thing, Gray Prince included, in 1 and half game days, never even using a healing potion of spell.

Now, granted, I was level 28, and more or less a god with Daedric equipment, but I was expecting something a BIT more challenging. Was still pretty fun though.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Graviija wrote: »

I just found the Arena earlier today, whilst dicking around/selling stuff in IC (I never really wandered beyond the Market District before).

I beat the entire thing, Gray Prince included, in 1 and half game days, never even using a healing potion of spell.

Now, granted, I was level 28, and more or less a god with Daedric equipment, but I was expecting something a BIT more challenging. Was still pretty fun though.
    It only gets exciting after the Gray Prince, then you can spunk up the difficulty yourself. =)

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

It only gets exciting after the Gray Prince, then you can spunk up the difficulty yourself. =)
    Do you mean the beast fights? Because I fought 3 Minotaur Lords right after the Gray Prince, and beat them all quite easily as well.

It seems like the autoleveling thing enemies goes through in this game peaks at a point - ever since I was level 24-25, I've just been breezing though enemies. The only thing that ever ends up damaging me heavily is traps in the Ayleid ruin type places.

One thing I love about being a high level and having a high speed stat is how fast my character moves. That shit is insane.

Graviija on
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Do you mean the beast fights? Because I fought 3 Minotaur Lords right after the Gray Prince, and beat them all quite easily as well.

It seems like the autoleveling thing enemies goes through in this game peaks at a point - ever since I was level 24-25, I've just been breezing though enemies. The only thing that ever ends up damaging me heavily is traps in the Ayleid ruin type places.

One thing I love about being a high level and having a high speed stat is how fast my character moves. That shit is insane.

If you have the PC version, you might want to try out the mod OOO. It ramps the difficulty up.

Clevinger on
  • Options
    [Assassination Attempt!][Assassination Attempt!] __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    In lieu of the expansion I have come back to the game after about seven months of no molesting. I bought all the official mods and downloaded some 15, including OOO, unofficial mods. My previous experience of the game was immediate and I plowed through it. Now I am expecting-hopefully-a newly rewarding experience with all the changes.

My last character was based on, well, rampage. (atleast in progress terms) Never bothered with any of the tradeskills or spells for that matter, and now I think I want to take my time and really enjoy the story.

I always seem to do that, even when I try to focus on the story, I just get fed up and kill the gameplay and return for the message. Kinda like poking a corpse, trying to get it to speak worlds.

[Assassination Attempt!] on
    mindliberator.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I just finished all the daedric quests with my Ninja character. Now I think I'll make that melee character I never played and installed OOO Lite (I wasn't a huge fan of all the changes).

Maybe I'll pick up Knights of the Nine as well. Is it a good quest line?

Also, I started fucking around with enchanting and an infinite wearable rings/amulet mod yesterday. Boosting your Speed to over 500 is pretty insane, but if you do the same with Acrobatics it screws up the game and you can't jump very high, you just get stuck in mid-air.

Still, it was nice pretending to be the Flash and out-running arrows.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    I just finished all the daedric quests with my Ninja character. Now I think I'll make that melee character I never played and installed OOO Lite (I wasn't a huge fan of all the changes).

Also, I started fucking around with enchanting and an infinite wearable rings/amulet mod yesterday. Boosting your Speed to over 500 is pretty insane, but if you do the same with Acrobatics it screws up the game and you can't jump very high, you just get stuck in mid-air.

In Morrowind you just launched yourself in the fucking stratosphere if you spiced your acrobatics up too much. With some scrolls I found I was able to shoot myself from Balmoro (sp?) to Vivec, too bad I hit a building there and died a horrible death.
    I suppose this is the reason they have a limit on how high you can jump in Oblivion.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Knights of the Nine is a fun questline with more puzzles than I remember the main game having, but the rewards are useless for anything but a heavy armor wearing melee type.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    What overhaul mod is typically the best? Oscuro's, Francesco's or Martigen's?

Also, I just noticed that Silgrad Tower was released over on Fileplanet. This is the Morrowind TC for Oblivion. At least, that's what I think it is. No idea if it's complete though.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maaan, I'm so addicted to Oblivion.

I'll probably pick this up in the not too distant future. I'll only buy it when I'm satisfied that I'm done with the base version of the game.

It will probably get kicked off for Mass Effect though.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

In Morrowind you just launched yourself in the fucking stratosphere if you spiced your acrobatics up too much. With some scrolls I found I was able to shoot myself from Balmoro (sp?) to Vivec, too bad I hit a building there and died a horrible death.
    I suppose this is the reason they have a limit on how high you can jump in Oblivion.
    This is the reason why I feel that Morrowind is a superior game compared to Oblivion gameplay-wise. All the fun shit you could pull off in order to break the game was boggling to the mind. Oblivion was way too "ordered" for me to enjoy fully, I like it when my games are a giant sandbox waiting for me to screw around with.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »

This is the reason why I feel that Morrowind is a superior game compared to Oblivion gameplay-wise. All the fun shit you could pull off in order to break the game was boggling to the mind. Oblivion was way too "ordered" for me to enjoy fully, I like it when my games are a giant sandbox waiting for me to screw around with.

All the flying you could do was kind of game-breaking, though. Nothing was safe :P
    This game is much smoother, I suppose it is because of the Xbox version they made.

Aldo on
  • Options
    InsiderInsider Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    My harddrive died and I lost my Oblivion save.

I'm crying now.

Insider on
    Steam
    Sneaky..
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Still really diggin this game. Been playing through the Dark Brotherhood and Mage's Guild quests at the moment. Volunteered to become a vampire too. Other than having to feed once a day, it's totally worth the stat boosts.

Sheep on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited March 2007
    You only REALLY have to feed every three or four days, if you're careful. I really love the oblivion vampirism, it's a totally unique slant.

Tube on
  • Options
    Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Any word on a rerelease of the 360 game with the expansion included?

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    Still really diggin this game. Been playing through the Dark Brotherhood and Mage's Guild quests at the moment. Volunteered to become a vampire too. Other than having to feed once a day, it's totally worth the stat boosts.
    I turned into a vampire accidentally at one point, and I was like, "oh shit". Being hurt in the sunlight really sucked, and doing the quest for curing vampirism also really sucked (getting 5 grand soul gems at a low level is difficult).

But then I remembered I had a save right before I got bit, and was like, ":D".

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    You only REALLY have to feed every three or four days, if you're careful. I really love the oblivion vampirism, it's a totally unique slant.
    How's that sunlight treating ya?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    How's that sunlight treating ya?

I held onto my vampirism until I'd finished the Dark Brotherhood and Thieve's Guild guest lines.

The bonuses were just too good, and I was operating and night most of the time anyways. I'd only feed when nobody would talk to me anymore and I absolutely needed to speak to someone.

I'm going to delete all my saves when I get home, install some new mods and start a new game with Knights of the Nine installed. Hurrah!

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is it possible to finish up the main story when you're a vampire, or are there too many drawbacks? I can't even tell if it is day or night on the plains of Oblivion. Gah!

Aldo on
  • Options
    GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Any word on a rerelease of the 360 game with the expansion included?

Signs are still pointing to no atm.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Is it possible to finish up the main story when you're a vampire, or are there too many drawbacks? I can't even tell if it is day or night on the plains of Oblivion. Gah!

There is only one place where this could be a problem and you haven't fed.
    Mankar Cameron's paradise

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Rogue_KRogue_K Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What is this "OOO" mod and what does it change in the game?

Also, what the hell does "OOO" stand for?

Rogue_K on
    And through it all i gamed.
    ssig-654898.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul.
    Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul, also known as OOO or O3, is a popular gameplay, content additive, plug-in for the much awaited and finally released The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, a computer Role Playing Game developed by Bethesda Softworks

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul was designed to enhance the immersion, variety, realism and difficulty of TES IV: Oblivion through extensive changes to its gameplay structures and aided by the addition of high-quality content.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited March 2007

There is only one place where this could be a problem and you haven't fed.
    Mankar Cameron's paradise

Ah, alrighty, my plan of action then is to first do some winky-wonky mage guild quests, continue with the Dark Brotherhood till I become vampire, then focus on the Thieve's guild, finish up the Dark Brotherhood questline and then get going with the main storyline. =D

I already did the funky quests with the Dreamworld and the guy with the magical painting and some other awesome quests, so if all goes well, I won't have to bother with dealing with any more of them "make ___ love you and then tell you what he knows" quests.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007

All the flying you could do was kind of game-breaking, though. Nothing was safe :P
    That's the whole point! Part of the charm with the Elder Scrolls is to break the gameworld and generally wreck some havock in a 100 different ways. That's why I felt that Oblivion was one step forward and five backwards in that regard.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's the whole point! Part of the charm with the Elder Scrolls is to break the gameworld and generally wreck some havock in a 100 different ways. That's why I felt that Oblivion was one step forward and five backwards in that regard.
    That's truth and I liked to fuck around in Morrowind, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the gameplay in Oblivion.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    That's truth and I liked to fuck around in Morrowind, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the gameplay in Oblivion.
    I guess that the ultimate marriage would be Morrowinds gameplay mixed with Oblivions graphics and combat mechanics(or even better, Dark Messiah's combat).

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    I guess that the ultimate marriage would be Morrowinds gameplay mixed with Oblivions graphics and combat mechanics(or even better, Dark Messiah's combat).
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy combat, plz.

Aldo on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Yeah, I felt Oblivion was some steps back with not quite enough steps forward to compensate, but it was still a fun game. And none of the steps back were because you couldn't break the game enough. That's just dumb.

My opinion on Oblivion actually seems to change a bit every time I go back and think about it. It's a strange game in that sense. Still, looking forward to the expansion.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy combat, plz.
    No man, that would suck. Jedi Academy combat was smooth and fun enough, but ultimately unrefined. Plus it doesn't really fit in with the way combat would actually work in TES lore. I mean, you don't spin around and do all this twirly crazy shit with massive heavy armor and a sword bigger than your entire body.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Maybe you don't, but I try to every time.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png