edited November 2009
    I can't believe people still use XP.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I blame Apple.

So, I've got about an hour to play this. I'm PolloDiablo on Steam, too. There's an El PolloDiablo, but fuck him. I'm the one with the Blackadder avatar and all the PA groups.

edit: Ok, I'm done for the night. I really like this game. I see there's a melee button, but I can't imagine ever getting in a situation where I'd need to hit somebody. I'll definitely be on this weekend, we should team up and blast randoms.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Darmak wrote: »

Too lame to switch. Not that this was going to an instant buy anyway, but for less than $20 it was on my radar until then.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

After the shitstorm that was Vista?

And how Windows 7 came out, what a week ago?

What else are we supposed to use, Win98? :P

MechMantis on
  • Options
    LingxorLingxor Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    There needs to be an option to turn off the "audio simulation"

I think the game is much cooler and authentic while you're in stealth mode.

What are you guys experiencing with vsync on? I thought it was supposed to stabilize fps but my performance goes down the drain when I turn it all the way up. Otherwise I'm running everything on max just fine on my gtx 285 and q6700.

Lingxor on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I do really like running silent. I'm sure if we took over a server we could have an all running silent match.

And I think the point of vsync is to improve graphics at the expense of framerate. I think it holds back frames until it can move without tearing, or somesuch.

I sure die an awful lot. Hopefully I'll get better at that.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Shoot. Is there a demo or something? Or a benchmark?

Zetx on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

According to Steam, there's a lot of people with DirectX 10 hardware that run XP. People are weird.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love this game! Just had a blast for about an hour tonight. Great stuff. Runs fantastically on my PC as well, everything cranked up to max!

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So people keep talking Ender's game, but the Battle Room didn't have thrusters. Once you launched, you were set to your trajectory until you ran into something or someone. I want this game. Free rotating while flying, and lineing up your rebound before you hit the wall.. Actually having to move slow and think yes please.

[edit] Also, I totally remember at computer camp (yes, I'm a nerd) Descent II being the new big thing, and we were all playing it... I blew out all the lights in a room and hid just inside above the entrance. People would come in and I'd concussion missile the hell out of their top. After 2/3 kills, there was a big pile of loot just inside the door, so people would start looking for a cool gun before they worried about flaring to light up the room. Lambs to the slaughter.

Xaviar on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Xaviar wrote: »
    So people keep talking Ender's game, but the Battle Room didn't have thrusters. Once you launched, you were set to your trajectory until you ran into something or someone. I want this game. Free rotating while flying, and lineing up your rebound before you hit the wall.. Actually having to move slow and think yes please.

Again, if it was a mod, it wouldn't be the hardest thing to do to just disable thrusters.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited November 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I've been playing this pretty much all day and it fucking owns.

I wish I could buy it right now, it looks fun as hell.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Okay so I caved like a bitch and bought it. Holy fucking shit is it fun, I was killing guys left and right on this one map after I turned my suit off. It's like I was a ghost come to slay them all. The sniping is hard to get used to but I never was much for sniping anyways (except in Borderlands).

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    mumble mumble

I guess I need to upgrade to win7 sooner than I was planning, this game really looks interesting.

Morkath on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So I've been playing this pretty much all day and it fucking owns.

I wish I could buy it right now, it looks fun as hell.

The variety is a little limited for the time being and there are some kinda big bugs (really its 1, and it has to do with the spawn system), but oh man its just so much fucking fun

I mean I bought it today at like, 6 o'clock and I've played 4 hours already

http://stats.shatteredhorizon.com/stats/playerStatistics.action?playerId=21725

ok so your computer is basically Deep Thought is there a hope in hell it would run on mine

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I think we were totally in the same game, bro.

I was in on it as Fyodor Postoyevsky

I must have missed you then, I'll add you to my friends list and we can kill space mans.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You shot me up when I was on yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for you today.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009

You shot me up when I was on yesterday. I'll keep an eye out for you today.

I was just playing with you, hi5! We need to all get together and get on teamspeak and play, I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    We should. What's everyone's Steam names? I'll run through and add you.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    We should. What's everyone's Steam names? I'll run through and add you.

Mine's just regular Darmak. I tried looking for you before I left for work but couldn't find ya so a friend invite would be appreciated.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The more I play this the worse I get.

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The one thing that really irks me is this game doesn't support 1280x1024 resolutions so it all looks a tiny bit odd.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Damn, I had no idea the system requirements were that high.

A friend came over during the weekend and we loaded it up on my PC without knowing what they were.

I have...

Athlon 64X2 5000+
    HD 3850 512mb
    2GB 800Mhz RAM
    Windows 7

The only things that meet the min are the VRAM, RAM, the HDD and the OS.

and it ran fine, there was a little slowdown when you spawn, but by the time you've been propelled enough so you can control your character it was all good.

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • Options
    freelancepolicefreelancepolice Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    This completely passed me by. It looks really fucking good, what's the community like? Will people still be playing it in a month or so?

freelancepolice on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    While this looks interesting, the underwhelming response on this thread just doesn't seem to bode well. =/

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dracil wrote: »
    While this looks interesting, the underwhelming response on this thread just doesn't seem to bode well. =/

I like it a lot. I'll be playing more eventually, but they released it the day after Dragon Age.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Dracil wrote: »

I like it a lot. I'll be playing more eventually, but they released it the day after Dragon Age.

Yeah, were it not for Dragon Age I would have been playing nothing but this.

Also, I'd rather play than post.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    It's great fun, but the player base suddenly disappeared. There are too many aa and aaa titles out right now. I think they would have benefited by releasing it in a lull point instead. I skipped out for a few days while I dug around for a better vid card and when I came back there was one full server and another with 3 people on it. I joined it and it eventually filled out, but it doesn't bode well. Maybe after the first map pack drops it will pick up again.

stigweard on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    stigweard wrote: »
    It's great fun, but the player base suddenly disappeared. There are too many aa and aaa titles out right now. I think they would have benefited by releasing it in a lull point instead. I skipped out for a few days while I dug around for a better vid card and when I came back there was one full server and another with 3 people on it. I joined it and it eventually filled out, but it doesn't bode well. Maybe after the first map pack drops it will pick up again.

Pretty much this right here. The game is great but with so many titles out right now the player base is drying up. Hopefully people will come back to it once they've had their fill of other titles and perhaps after Futuremark releases new maps and we can get a proper group together.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Futuremark is going to release friend codes or whatever the fuck it is called on Steam.

Edit: Guess Passes

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I currently have three guest passes that are up for grabs, if anyone's interested. Just PM me a steam id to direct them to.

Ein on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ein wrote: »
    I currently have three guest passes that are up for grabs, if anyone's interested. Just PM me a steam id to direct them to.

If you have enough, send one to Zetx. I uhhh might not have the sys reqs for it, though. :|

Zetx on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Now that I'm finished DA, I'm up for this.

I set up a group so we can get matches going easier. Let's rock.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Zetx wrote: »

If you have enough, send one to Zetx. I uhhh might not have the sys reqs for it, though. :|

Okay, I don't seem to be able to send them to people without either an e-mail, or having them on my friends list, so I've added you but you need to reciprocate.

Ein on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I'm kinda interested, but I probably wouldn't put it to use and just play Borderlands and Left 4 Dead 2.

Do you know how long these guest passes will last?

Peewi on
  • Options
    MusanMusan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I would like to give the game a try as well, here's my Steam ID. http://steamcommunity.com/id/musan

Musan on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    They last three days once activated. They expire in a month.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png