As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shit you'll never be able to fucking afford.

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited December 2009
    yeah don't link 4chan

Knob on
  • Options
    BeyondBeyond Nerd Slayer In the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Macera.

Thats on hell of a model. Prototype stages?

Beyond on
  • Options
    BeyondBeyond Nerd Slayer In the SkyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Knob wrote: »
    yeah don't link 4chan

Sorry :l

Beyond on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Jaunty wrote: »
    NotACrook wrote: »
    This thread seems like a good place to put a Chess set carved from Mammoth Ivory.
    -snip-

As a lover of chess, the classic Staunton design and Wooly Mammoths - I hate this so much.

Goddammit I thought this would make you the perfect christmas present on account of all those things

How can you have the perfect chess set and never be able to play a game with it because it is 40,000 years old?

NotASenator on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    And these are for some sort of table top game or something?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Beyond wrote: »
    Thanks Macera.

no, forgeworld makes supplemental models for games workshop

you can buy that thing for the small sum of 376 quid

it also weighs 12.5 kilos

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Beyond wrote: »
    Thanks Macera.

Nope, that's the completed thing. Hasn't been blown up in size or anything.

Oh, and it opens up:

manta22.jpg

manta9.jpg

manta16.jpg

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This thread seems like a good place to put a Chess set carved from Mammoth Ivory.
    -snip-

As a lover of chess, the classic Staunton design and Wooly Mammoths - I hate this so much.

Goddammit I thought this would make you the perfect christmas present on account of all those things

How can you have the perfect chess set and never be able to play a game with it because it is 40,000 years old?

All you need is a woman with supple wrists, dainty fingers and silk gloves to move the pieces for you.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The PSG1 is an overpriced thing HK designed to sell to dudes with too much money. You can get the same level of accuracy from their g3 rifle if you tweak it and maybe rebarrel it. And it doesn't cost $texas. You could probably have close to the same amount of accuracy out of a Dragonov or whatever, or an M1A, or an AR10 or a dozen other semi-auto rifles.

Unattainable consumables and collectibles... hmmm... I think it would be cool to own a plane.

Straight from wikipedia - "Its expected accuracy is below 1 minute of arc (MOA) and it is considered to be one of the most accurate semi-automatic sniper rifles in the world. Its accuracy is sometimes even better than a bolt-action rifle. In the hands of a professional shooter, the PSG-1 is capable of putting 50 rounds of match ammunition inside an 80 mm circle at 300 meters (3.14 in circle at 328 yd)."

In other words, it's accurate as fuck. For instance, the Dragunov SVD has a rated accuracy using US M118LR ammo of 1.27 MOA vertical spread. That's about 25% worse thean the PSG-1.

Metzy-poo, that was the wrong picture. I actually meant to show you the over and under like thus:

582_medium_1.jpg

But two seconds in GIS didn't give it up, so whatever.

whoopty fucking doo there are competition ar-15's that regularly shoot sub moa

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The PSG1 is an overpriced thing HK designed to sell to dudes with too much money. You can get the same level of accuracy from their g3 rifle if you tweak it and maybe rebarrel it. And it doesn't cost $texas. You could probably have close to the same amount of accuracy out of a Dragonov or whatever, or an M1A, or an AR10 or a dozen other semi-auto rifles.

Unattainable consumables and collectibles... hmmm... I think it would be cool to own a plane.

Straight from wikipedia - "Its expected accuracy is below 1 minute of arc (MOA) and it is considered to be one of the most accurate semi-automatic sniper rifles in the world. Its accuracy is sometimes even better than a bolt-action rifle. In the hands of a professional shooter, the PSG-1 is capable of putting 50 rounds of match ammunition inside an 80 mm circle at 300 meters (3.14 in circle at 328 yd)."

In other words, it's accurate as fuck. For instance, the Dragunov SVD has a rated accuracy using US M118LR ammo of 1.27 MOA vertical spread. That's about 25% worse thean the PSG-1.

Metzy-poo, that was the wrong picture. I actually meant to show you the over and under like thus:

582_medium_1.jpg

whoopty fucking doo there are competition ar-15's that regularly shoot sub moa

If they have a PSG-1, they will be a badass sniper and sneak around in the grass and be awesome while probably living in their own piss for a few days.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    basically all i'm saying is, i watched mad max this weekend, and i picture all australians as depicted there.

so the ball is in your court, the psg-1 sucks dick, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go firearms

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Alright I gets boners over nice bits of kit. No, I am not "olol boom headshots".

And Dead Legend? Careful there mate...

Drop bear

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i mean if you like it, you like it

and it may not be a bad rifle.

but most rifles in the right hands can achieve sub moa accuracy with proper ammo and weather conditions.

certainly, i would expect it out of a marlin bolt action in .17hmr or .22 mag and that costs less than 500

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2009
    Well yeah, but not at 300 yards.

That's what my M1A national match is for. :)

Also I am posting while riding the commuter train with more than $12k of consumer computer equipment.

Doc on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

582_medium_1.jpg

oh my, that's much better.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Doc wrote: »
    Well yeah, but not at 300 yards.

That's what my M1A national match is for. :)

Also I am posting while riding the commuter train with more than $12k of consumer computer equipment.

Word, I want an M1A.

Although I'd settle for a real M14

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, M1As are boss. I might actually be able to afford one of those some day.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I've always wanted a FAL. Turns out, this is hereditary because my dad wanted one in the 70's.

But I've since upgraded, because after playing MW2, I want a FAL with a thermal scope.

Because then I could really bag some fucking hogs.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've always wanted a FAL. Turns out, this is hereditary because my dad wanted one in the 70's.

But I've since upgraded, because after playing MW2, I want a FAL with a thermal scope.

Because then I could really bag some fucking hogs.

We had those in the Aussie Army - called the L1A1 or SLR(self loading rifle). Nobody I've ever spoken to about them had a bad word to say about them.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I saw an FAL for 500 bucks at Cabela's once.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    my dad had an FAL when he was in the territorials (reserves) and they offered to sell it to him when he left for $100 or something crazy cheap. He didn't take it.

Saw one in a shop for some crazy amount (I'm thinking $7-8k) last year.

L|ama on
  • Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you fags talking about guns

balerbower on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    balerbower wrote: »

no just shoving them up our butts

shit

L|ama on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    balerbower wrote: »

talking? hell, i thought this was a circle jerk.

i feel so betrayed.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    goddamnit teefs it's called cleaning i told you to knock before coming into the gun room.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    :< i don't have enough guns/space for one. i have to settle for a safe.

but, by god, one day i will have a climate-controlled gun room.

edit: man if i'm rich enough for a gun room you best believe i am going to have a library too.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    a gun library

getting up on your sliding ladder to retrieve the colt 1911

shooting a bunch of books and your butler hey why didn't the fresh prince have a white butler that would've owned

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    why do i keep wanting things i'll never use

ack on
  • Options
    BearstranautBearstranaut Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I wish I could afford Pauls 28

Bearstranaut on
    You ever try and draw Falcor as a giant dong? No? It just ends up looking like a long cyclops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Run Run RunRun Run Run __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Are there even black people who are called Thomas anymore?

Cuz if they had siblings who had kids on their own that would be quite awkward.

Run Run Run on
    kissing.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Are there even black people who are called Thomas anymore?

Cuz if they had siblings who had kids on their own that would be quite awkward.

My neighbor.

He's probably the nicest person ever.

His wife is German.

She is extremely nice as well.

Fuck off, Herr Hitler.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I want a jet ski.

MindLib on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Clarence Thomas?

Also, for some reason I think guns are cool. On my list of Things I'll Never Be Able to Afford: a day at a shooting range. Actually it's only 50 bucks so when I am Gainfully Employed I'll probably be able to afford it.

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    celandine wrote: »
    Clarence Thomas?

Also, for some reason I think guns are cool. On my list of Things I'll Never Be Able to Afford: a day at a shooting range. Actually it's only 50 bucks so when I am Gainfully Employed I'll probably be able to afford it.

Save up $500, buy your own firearm and get a year membership. For ten times the cost of one day at a range like you are talking about, you can enjoy shooting as much as you like!

Comahawk on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't go to the range that often, I probably shoot more when I'm at my friends' property.

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    KastanjKastanj __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    I can't afford any seafaring vessel. No seriously, I'm not that fucking poor, it's just that anything boat-shaped that can actually move on water will cost about 7500 % more than you'd expect - especially considering how much seafaring and nautical life sucks.

Kastanj on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]