Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADLands] It's Glossolalia's first birthday today!

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cowboy Dan

Physical: 4
    Social: 2
    Mental: 2

PhysAds:

WILD CARD, BITCHES! [5]:*At the cost of this ad, you may add ten dice on any, one roll. You may have only one copy of this ad at a time (it can be repurchased). The ad points you spend on this may never be recovered.*Yeeeee-haaaaa!

Mutant [1]: You are a genetic fuck up. You may use RAD points to heal Physical Bruises on a one-to-one basis. In addition, you may purchase Mutant Ads.

Mutant Supreme [Mutant][3]:*Requires Mutant. You are the mutant wheat among the chaff - the next step in human evolution or whatever. You may use RAD points to heal Physical Wounds on a one-to-one basis, or Bruises on a one-to-two basis.

Tough [3]:*Your are entirely burly. Burly as*fuck. You gain (Physical x 1/2) Soft Shielding against Physical Bruises, and 1 Soft Shielding against Physical Wounds.

Speed [Robot/Mutant][2]: You are inhumanly fast. You may move first in Conflicts, and your land speed is (5 x Physical) MPH.

SocAds:

Intimidate [1]:*You are an*imposing bastard. You*may substitute your Physical for your Social on rolls to intimidate a target. While effective, this tends to have long-term consequences.

PhysOds:

No Legs [-2]:*You're a cripple.*You ain't got no legs Lt. Dan.*This Od is worth only -1 point if you have Flight, and worth 0 points if you have Flight (Advanced).

SocOds:

Hard-Knock Life [-2]:*If things are going to go wrong, they are probably going to go wrong at you. You suffer from extremely bad luck which has no specific mechanical effect, but tends to leave you worse for wear when shit goes down hill.

Mute [-2]: You are incapable of true speech. You may grunt, bark, or make other such noises, but you cannot actually speak. This Od is worth only [-1] if you have Telepathy or a Robonet Connection.

RadOds:
    Legion's Disease [-4]:*You suffer from a rare strain of*RAD Poisoning. You suffer all the normal, fugue-like personality spasms that one would associate with RAD Poisoning, but you retain a single, central personality. Your name is always written in*Lime, and anyone who wanders into the thread can dictate your character's actions and speech. However, no matter how many posts someone makes as you, they may not take over your character. In addition, you gain one RAD for every post in which a non-player controls your character.

Appearance: He wears a battered brown cowboy hat with brown hair underneath, has a five o clock shadow of a beard, piercing brown eyes, and is wearing a pale blue shirt, black jeans, tan cowboy boots, a sheepskin vest, and a patterned poncho. He's chewing on a big cigar, currently unlit. You might expect him to be on a horse. Instead, he is in a wheelchair. He can wheel that thing like nobody's business though, just you watch. He also carries a large 45. revolver, but has no bullets.

Oh, he's also green. Not your pale lame green but actually neon green, almostLIME color actually. He has noticed this, but doesn't much care.

Bio: Cowboy Dan was in a mental institution when the Crash hit. He was put in there because he thought he was a real cowboy, like in the Westerns. This seemed to be the cause of a horrific car crash which also took the use of his legs. Harmless enough, until he shot someone in the leg because he thought his horses were being stolen. He did not own any horses.

After the Crash, he found his way out of the institution and rolled away. He searches for a light for his cigar, bullets for his 45, and bad guys to shoot. He also thinks his wheelchair is actually a horse.

That a bit better? His skin is lime-colored. I figured thats pretty mutant-y. Hmmm, anyone remember what was after the lion's den on the zoo map?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I guess Cowboy Dan will be sitting in the overflow parking lot, if that works.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [mayfield]

"Wait... you talk by printing out what you said?... Aw, you're so cute! But I'm sorry little guy, I haven't been to the surface. I was with another looking for a way out, but I'm starting to think they ditched me. I'm glad we're traveling together,though, we'll have so much fun!"

Watching thr crab scuttle off, Chet folds the paper and puts it in his ear-pack. He then waddles over to the rest of the group.

"So what song should we sing while we walk?"

Shabooty on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    [Watch]
    Rel slips his belt off and rigs it between the rails of the roof rack. He whistles at Bishop and jerks his head towards it before hopping in the van.

(He can bite on it and stay on the roof. It'll be RAD.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Family Vacation: Apocalypse

Edit: Look at what Orik is doing to that poor dog on the previous page.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I can forsee Chet being extremely patronizing to everyone in the group

and I am excited for the repercussions

Squall on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    welp

should jim stop looking for weapons and just get in the car?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

"Earl, CRABBY would like you to take a look at him as well." Husc says.

"Where is the fastest way out of this place? Elvis was our map reader."

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Third Heat

While being embraced by the women-folk of the diner, The Ocean King wipes a single tear from his eye and sniffles a bit. He's waited so long for this.

"DANCE FOR ME TARTAR WOMAN!!!"

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ahahahah

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    welp

should jim stop looking for weapons and just get in the car?

Yes.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ok, Mayfield people, can we all just assume we meet up or some shit?

I'm trying to escape from the bird enclosure at the moment. But you know, if the bird enclosure just so happened to be along your path, that'd be cool too.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

"You need help with the map? I was in the boy scouts for a few months, I think I could read it."

Shabooty on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Special twist: Chet was the camp master that touched little boys

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Elvis had a map, the bird enclosure wasn't really near I don't think...I'm guessing we should just meet up in the overflow parking lot. Also, there is really only one way to go for the main group, they had basically just entered a tunnel that supposedly leads to the parking area.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Supermutants have to be extra mutanty, Cheese. The mutantist.

[The Third Heat]
    Levitica slaps The Ocean King across the face hard enough to leave his ears ringing. She shakes her head at him and storms onto the Mothertrucker, patting Raaargh's head as she passes by.

One by one, the rest of the diner piles in and takes their seats, eager to be free of the place.

B]Mission Accomplish![/B
    Grade: B+
    Deaths: 1
    Kills: 62
    Time: 2 Days
    Reward: 2 Ad Points
    Ads Unlocked:
    [Waster][Phys][1]: You have grown accustomed to the waste, and survival there in. You gain a +5 on rolls to survive harsh desert conditions.
    [Desert Navigator][Ment][1]: You are an expert at finding your way through the barren, desolate terrain of the wastes. You gain a +5 on all rolls to find your way while in a desert.

[Mayfield]]

[17] The Captain attempts to rip the wrought iron enclosure doors from their hinges, but only succeeds in bending them slightly and making a terrible racket.

Continuing into the darkened cave that, presumably leads to the exit, the others are startled by said racket, which seems to be echoing to them from somewhere to their right.

[Hail to the Watch]
    [16] Jack brings out a pile of things and sets them in front of the garage door. He presses some buttons on the unplugged microwave, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

It's a shame the team doesn't have someone who's job it is to set things on fire with their mind.

Meanwhile, Rel ties his belt to the bikerack on the roof, and encourages his dog to bite on. BAD MAN. WORST FRIEND.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You dropping us Ad points, too?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ah, yes. Thank you for reminding me.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    aww. i guess it'd hurt him, wouldn't it

Rel beckons Bishop inside the van.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Oh no, we're getting rated

D:

[Mayfield]Phys[||--]Shield[-]Rad[-]

Husc turns his head sharply to the right, before motioning to the others to be silent.

<CRABBY, I will investigate. We must avoid...unwanted attentions.>

He creeps toward the source of the sound, his pipe out in his hands now.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch] - 1 Phys Wound, 1 Ment Wound, COLOR="Lime"]OOOOO[/COLOR

I blink a few times, watching the mutant puzzle over the garage door. "What the hell is he doing?" I say.

Also the robot has gotten in the van beside me. "Hey, you're alive, or functioning or whatever."

"How about that."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    oh man, one more point and I'll be able to make some changes

I guess I could do one right now but I want to do these two at the same time

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]

Dusty turns his vehicle toward the desert and hits the gas; then abruptly turns and drifts into a 180 degree turn that takes out the diner.

It's what Russia would do.

took the bonded vehicle ad and am saving the second point

there are some things I need to save for

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    also if R.B.'s garbled speech ever gets annoying or if it already has, just let me know and I'll quit

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Squall I also suggest CRABBY try to link with Clams or something.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, both of those unlocked ads sound like things I want. I should probably dump something into combat ads, though.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

Chet whispers to Earl.

("Ah, I can see why he's the leader. Very... Leaderish.")

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

While waiting for Husc to return from reconnaissance, CRABBY spendings its idle time updating its RoboFaceFaceFaceFace profile on the Robonet. It uploads some new pictures of its travelling group to its 'Creepy Zoo Adventure!' screenshot album.

Coming across some great shots of Elvis, CRABBY changes its cyberstatus to 'sombre', and creates a 'RIP Elvis: The King we'll all miss' robogroup. It uploads a tasteful greyscale image of its friend, and even manages to embed a midi of 'Real Good Lookin' Boy' into the page. It thinks it did a really great job!

Before logging off it does a quick check for other robots in the nearby area. Maybe it can find some new friends and get them to join its group!

Squall on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Not having robonet connection, i don't appear in CRABBY's search right?

[Mayfield]
    [The Cap'n][4,2,2,OOO]

"Aye, these bars be strong matey. Put ye back into it, ye freeloadin' feathered squawker "

After being unable to move the bars a second time, he considers making a deal with the prison guard to let him out in exchange for a cut of the treasure.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had to choose between internet and phone for a while i choose to let my internet get shut off. But I'm back now.

[Hail to the Watch]
    Syd snaps awake as the crew enters the vehicle. She grumbles to herself "gonnakillthatfickinkid-"

"Are we ready? Can we do this? Fuck it. We are doing this." Making sure the paint cans are still packed.

<gonna pimp this ride out with ball of fire with sungalsses, throwing the bird. Maybe throw a cigar in there for good measure>

After quick glance to see if everyone important is inside she prepares to blow the garage at the same time As the van busts through.

"No trust me Tony. This is a good idea. We aren't just getting out of here. We are making a statement."

NeoToma on
  • Options
    ZanzibarZanzibar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Since there can be a back and forth between a robot with and one without, it's probably best to not overthink it.

[Mayfield]

Walking through the darkness, Clams hears a faint 'ping'. Considering the faint, horrible scritching, like a thousand mutant rats, or maybe a few dogs trapped in an attic, heard only awhile ago, Clams naturally assumes some robot is searching for assistance against vicious mutant rats (or attic dogs, or some unholy combination of the two), and shambles closer to the source.

Zanzibar on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]

sigh

"Alright, time to get out of this shit hole", Jimothy says to as he makes his way down the stairs

Jesus this tough to do with only one-

As he reaches the bottom of the stairs, the he's greeted by the sight of blood and flecks along the wall and carpet

A deep flash of pain runs through his side

Jimothy limps to the garage, trying his best to smile through tears when he sees the others

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    That crawling finally caught up with Jimothy I see.
    EDIT: The crawling in his skin.
    EDIT2: Poor kid :(

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    he knew the risks

Raneados on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch] - 1 Phys Wound, 1 Ment Wound, COLOR="Lime"]OOOOO[/COLOR

I blink a few times, watching the mutant puzzle over the garage door. "What the hell is he doing?" I say.

Also the robot has gotten in the van beside me. "Hey, you're alive, or functioning or whatever."

"How about that."

[Watch]
    Sticks nods, and shrugs.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cowboy Dan

Physical: 4
    Social: 2
    Mental: 2

PhysAds:

WILD CARD, BITCHES! [5]:*At the cost of this ad, you may add ten dice on any, one roll. You may have only one copy of this ad at a time (it can be repurchased). The ad points you spend on this may never be recovered.*Yeeeee-haaaaa!

Tough [3]:*Your are entirely burly. Burly as*fuck. You gain (Physical x 1/2) Soft Shielding against Physical Bruises, and 1 Soft Shielding against Physical Wounds.

Improvised Weaponeer [3]: Anything that can be put into your hands (that can be reasonably used as a weapon) can be used as a deadly weapon. Any reasonable item can be used as a [W][+1][B: 5+, 5+], a [W][+2][B: 6, 6]. If any die rolls a base 1, the weapon breaks after the attack (successful or not).
    SocAds:

Intimidate [1]:*You are an*imposing bastard. You*may substitute your Physical for your Social on rolls to intimidate a target. While effective, this tends to have long-term consequences.

PhysOds:

No Legs [-2]:*You're a cripple.*You ain't got no legs Lt. Dan.*This Od is worth only -1 point if you have Flight, and worth 0 points if you have Flight (Advanced).

SocAds:
    Jazz Hands [1]: You know how to read and perform the international sign language (or just happen to be extremely expressive and empathetic with hands). This allows an individual to communicate silently, as long as whoever you're communicating with can understand you! Individuals without this Ad can understand you with a TN 6 Mental Test.

SocOds:

Mute [-2]: You are incapable of true speech. You may grunt, bark, or make other such noises, but you cannot actually speak. This Od is worth only [-1] if you have Telepathy or a Robonet Connection.

RadOds:
    Legion's Disease [-4]:*You suffer from a rare strain of*RAD Poisoning. You suffer all the normal, fugue-like personality spasms that one would associate with RAD Poisoning, but you retain a single, central personality. Your name is always written in*Lime, and anyone who wanders into the thread can dictate your character's actions and speech. However, no matter how many posts someone makes as you, they may not take over your character. In addition, you gain one RAD for every post in which a non-player controls your character.

Appearance: He wears a battered brown cowboy hat with brown hair underneath, has a five o clock shadow of a beard, piercing brown eyes, and is wearing a pale blue shirt, black jeans, tan cowboy boots, a sheepskin vest, and a patterned poncho. He's chewing on a big cigar, currently unlit. You might expect him to be on a horse. Instead, he is in a wheelchair. He can wheel that thing like nobody's business though, just you watch. He also carries a large 45. revolver, but has no bullets.

Bio: Cowboy Dan was in a mental institution when the Crash hit. He was put in there because he thought he was a real cowboy, like in the Westerns. This seemed to be the cause of a horrific car crash which also took the use of his legs. Harmless enough, until he shot someone in the leg because he thought his horses were being stolen. He did not own any horses.

After the Crash, he found his way out of the institution and rolled away. He searches for a light for his cigar, bullets for his 45, and bad guys to shoot. He also thinks his wheelchair is actually a horse.

Ok, no more mutantyness.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So we've had

A dude to who thinks he's elvis
    a dude who thinks he's a cowboy
    a robit that thinks it's a pirate

major themes of RADlands are: delusions, failure

Squall on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield is Dead]

Cowboy Dan zoomed through the zoo, skidding this way and that on his wheelchair. He lost control and slammed into a gate of some kind. He grunted. It apparently was a gate to some bird enclosure or something. He scratched his beard and chewed on his cigar some. He then notices a mechanical humanoid dressed up as a pirate of some kind. He scratched his beard again.

He waves his hand to get the thing's attention, then raises his gun. Mechanical pirates probably aren't very nice. Click, goes the revolver. Click it goes again. "Hmph" He puts his gun away and begins moving his hands in a very jazz-like fashion.

What the hell are you?

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Can one combine "Focused Attack" with "Wail On 'Em"?

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not having robonet connection, i don't appear in CRABBY's search right?

If your character is within 300ft of mine, CRABBY can detect it and initiate contact.

Squall on
This discussion has been closed.