As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADLands] It's Glossolalia's first birthday today!

1565758596062»

• Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thank you, Dubh.

Also, Cecil has perfect depth perception, due to a mutant trait that has refocused his eyes, allowing him to see as well as a human despite the placement of aforementioned eyes.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jesus, you're still up too?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup. How's things?

DE?AD on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

"Hm. This is a thinker. This gate seems pretty sturdy."

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]
    The Doc finds a relatively clean, if a bit small, building on the western edge of the camp and begins converting it into something resembling a medical facility. Raaargh helps him pull together a fairly flat sheet of metal to serve as an examining table, rescue an old desk from the leader's facility, and find a couple of battered filing cabinets tucked away in the storehouse. All and all, it comes together fairly well.

[Hail to the Watch]
    Jack climbs up onto the wall of a nearby building, but, sadly, the massive glacier overhead prevents him from scaling it to any useful height. Fortunately, no such height is necessary to find a clothing store -it seems they've stopped just inside of the upscale shopping district of the city. At least three up-market clothing boutiques are visible in just the block around them, and there are likely more nearby.

Jack. Pot.

Okay, most of it is probably not climate-appropriate anymore, and a lot of it is likely soaking wet, but, hey, new clothes.

Meanwhile, Syd is practicing her concentration, attempting to keep a ball of fire maintained within her palm. It's a bit iffy, and it keeps teetering on the edge of going out, but she finds that, with a bit of concentration, she can actually balance the power output just enough to keep it going without having it accidentally blow up on her.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Watch]
    Sticks climbs out of the van, stares at Jack briefly, then dashes around the van at full speed a few times, just for funsies.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

"Hey wait, it is a thinker!"

Chet tries to pull the gate completely down through sheer force of mind.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield is Dead]
    [13]
    The bars vibrate a bit, but seem fairly well stuck in the earth around them.

[Hail to the Watch]
    [3,3]
    Sticks runs around a bit, managing not to fall on his ass in the icy water.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Watch]
    That was fun. Sticks taps his foot, looking for something to do, then decides to watch Syd manipulate fire.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

CRABBY judges where the cave mouth fuses to the gate, and uses its entrenching tool to dig out a small tunnel where it thinks the gate ends.

It is completely oblivious to the fact that there's no flippin' way Clams will ever get past this gate without knocking it down. Such is life.

Squall on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

Before CRABBY does that Husc proposes another, perhaps more fruitful idea. He and CRABBY chip around about half of the metal bars until they're not so deeply stuck in the earth. Then everyone who can (including Chet with his telekinesis) will grab each bar and all pull together, until all the bars are out.

Regardless Husc takes his pipe and begins chipping away at the chosen bars, as if it were a pick.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yeah yeah, teamwork, &c.

CRABBY is outsmarted, and grudgingly participates in the more prolific plan.

Squall on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

Cowboy Dan nods to the human-sized robot's idea, grudgingly. It was still a robot. He wheeled up to the bars and grabbed one. He grunts loudly to show that he's ready. [/I]

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]

"Find anything Jack? Is there a way up there you can see?"

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So, [Third Heat], we heading out to a place?

I'm, thinking Tanker sounds nice.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thor4242Thor4242 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    After Cowboy Dan helps the team remove one of the bars he starts to freak the hell out! There are cattle rustlers trying to get the pasture gate open and steal the cattle! AND THEY BROUGHT A GIANT ASS SPIDER!!!

Cowboy Dan starts shooting into the air to scare away the cattle rustlers!

Thor4242 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    goddamnit thor

good thing he's got no bullets

Squall on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Haha, nice.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]

Dusty takes a look at the Raiders' note. "Hmm. Correct-t-t-t-t-t. Clearly directions by-y-y-y clock. 24/24 is a new term. If 12/12, we can assume we are surrounded by cliffs- as if we were in a hole or on a mesa rk wrr hrrrk crrrrks akrrr rrrs to-o-o-o-o."

"We need recon. The Winnebago is best scouting vessel. No need trrk bring Mothertrucker along unless assa-a-a-ault team is warranted. Or, we build a tower." Dusty pushes forward a schematic.

towerschematic-1.png?t=1264882606

"Not fond of current view." Dusty taps his finger on the picture. "Can ma-a-a-ake rrk better one."

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Thank you, Dubh.

Also, Cecil has perfect depth perception, due to a mutant trait that has refocused his eyes, allowing him to see as well as a human despite the placement of aforementioned eyes.

DAMMIT

fine I buy back can only scream [1]

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    remember to justify that buyback, Valve

like, maybe Cassandra dicked with your vocal cords (un)intentionally

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [Mayfield]

"Well ok, I guess pulling off one bar will be easier then trying for the whole thing."

Chet latches onto a bar, waiting for Husc's signal. Chet starts pulling when it comes.

Shabooty on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]
    Jack clambers down from the wet and broken walls of the ruined city and back onto the ground. He turns to Henry and the others near the van.

Jack points down the road and relates the positions of all the stores he saw.

"Hmm. It looks like there's a real fancy clothing store down the block a little. Let's go check it out for something a little warmer. I'm not sure if they'll have anything in season though. Maybe nothing in Bishop's size, and if we have to wear any generic brand I'll just die... but we should see what we can swing."

Jack looks over to sticks.

"What the fuck are you doing? You're going to break your neck young...man"

Jack looks around as he shakes a little water from his legs.

"Okay that's enough stretching I think. Let's pile back into the van and head down there. I'll drive."

Jack opens the door to the D+-Team van but soon finds that his recent growth spurt has made getting into the front a little difficult. While it'd probably work if he finagled it, maybe ripped the seat out, it can wait. He'd ride in the back but he'd like to get an eye on the surroundings a little. He pulls back from the van.

"Hrm, never mind. I guess someone else can drive for now."

Jack looks around to the broken walls, littered streets and watery avenues.

"Good time to get a full handle on these things" He says as he points to his new features. Jack pulls out the fish.

"Looks like I'm gonna hoof it. You wanna tag along, Cecil? Scream once for yes, twice for no"

Raneados on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2010
    holy fuck does this thing take off when i'm asleep

anyone want to complile a summary for the new thread? i'm about to lock this one

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hahahaha D+-team

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    gimme a sec I'll throw up everything onto the wiki

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    bleaaragaghgh

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    who's going to make the new one

I have the OP stuff copied if anyone wants it

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    man I'm unconscious!

fuck pretend I screamed once
    AAAAAAAAAA

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    silence means consent

take him, Jack

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    the wiki is updated for the watch

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]
    Jack remembers Cecil is unconscious. He considers silence to be consent. Jack straps him up and heads out to the closest boutique. He turns back momentarily.

"Anybody coming with or you guys taking the van?"

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think Cecil needs a bow-tie

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]

"I don't mind driving, if no one else wants to," I offer. "It's not like it's that far."

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    alright, I have a newish OP ready to go

if anyone from mayfield or watch would mind summing up what's happened and what's going on in a sentence or two, that'd be helpful

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    apparently it's on the wiki

aight i'm gonna go play some mass effect 2 and then catch up on this business

Orikaeshigitae on
This discussion has been closed.