Options

[Glossolalia presents: RADLands] It's Glossolalia's first birthday today!

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DE?AD are there any Ads that aren't allowed to be taken at this point? Anything that is restricted the character building? Like could I pick up Robot now if I wanted or Secret Identity or something.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    i dunno i don't think de?ad will go for possible friendly fire

throw me!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    DE?AD are there any Ads that aren't allowed to be taken at this point? Anything that is restricted the character building? Like could I pick up Robot now if I wanted or Secret Identity or something.

I'm gonna guess that you'll need to use your common sense with that sort of thing.

Marsh did you decide what you're spending your Ad Points on? I know you said you were thinking about Rousing Speech, I want it but I'm not gonna take it if you do too, it just seems wasteful to not diversify our team as much as possible.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    gonna watch Psych and go to bed

too tired to draw cowboy dan

tomorrow

and then update the Mayfield team shot

getting clams in there will be interesting

Raneados on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Very nice, Rane.

The Cold/Heat immunities are fine, make the Cryo one note that cold damage is dealt in Bruises instead of Wounds too.

Auto-damage is not cool. Friendly fire is, but you face the wrath of your team.

[The Third Heat]
    Leo shrugs and turns about to continue working on the wall.

Speaking of which, with Dusty and The Ocean King helping, the diner crew manages to rapidly rebuild the wall, using various bits of spare metal and wood from around the base. It costs you most of the old raider garage, but that thing was too teensy for the Mothertrucker's glory anyway, and the new wall looks much sturdier. [16+10+12][Sturdy Wall Built in Camp]

Everyone looks pleased with themselves, and they all seem rather happy after a job well done. The Fatman snorts and wanders off.

Levitica snaps her fingers and turns to Ocean King. "Oh, that reminds me, fearless leader." She walks over, pulling a slip of old printer paper from her back pocket. "Check this out. Found it in the big building over there. Got some numbers on it and a bunch of scribblin'. Figured it out, though - their directions." She points at the horizon. "Each of them's a place the Raiders found, I guess. The numbers are the clock-facing-thingies pilots use for bogies or whatever."

The paper lists four places/times: Freeway (3:00), Roof (7:15), Tanker (11:45) Cliffs (24/24)

"Not sure about that last one."

[Mayfield is Dead]
    Husc, and whoever follows him, heads out into the darkened cavern, and continue on in the pitch black for several minutes.

It really doesn't seem like it should take this long to get to the parking lot. Maybe the dark is messing with you. Yeah, that must be it.

After quite a while of fumbling about, you manage to find your way to the back gate of the Zoo, leading out into the parking lot. Unfortunately, it's been fused into the cavern around it - turning it into little more than a barred cave mouth.

[Hail to the Watch]
    [Jack gains 1 RAD]

DE?AD on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i don't feel comfortable taking a RAD for making myself look cooler

Raneados on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well Marsh isn't online and I'm feeling impatient. I'm taking Rousing Speech.

Watch: Ulyss- No wounds, 0 RAD

Ulyss jumps out of the van, vigorously rubbing his palms together before wrapping his arms around himself.

"Shit is it cold." He turns back and looks at the van. "Hey uh, miss, why don't we have you come on out here and use some of those supernatural abilities of yours to warm us all up a touch, hm?" He looks around the glacial city block.

"We should probably get movin' to that doctor. The kid needs that stump looked at and, um..." Ulyss trails off as he becomes aware of Jack's transformation. "I hope I don't offend if I say that you look as though you could use a medical examination yourself."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    spiders pour from jack's eyes

that's not canon though

I also suggest we not use Syd too much because if I get a glacier landing on my head I am going to be cross at EVERYONE

edit: okay sleepytime
    tomorrow shall be for spiderlegging it all over this thing

I wonder if I can carry you dudes

nobody weighs a lot so yey new method of travel

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    unless I fail my check and drop you

which would be pretty hilarious

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dangit I was so proud of myself for thinking that up, too!

uuuh fuck theres nothing I can think to give the fish.

welp

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    god I haven't posted much lately have I

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    time to change that tonight

by which I mean I am going to do something illegal

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You should/could use you mind reading to predict where/when people gonna attack you. Like a spidey sense.

Als Valve you could become a freaker. Since most of your abilities are RAD related anyway.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    honestly i think hail to the watch needs to be more inventive

we need to make magic out of farts and carve spoons from bigger spoons

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well if you got any ideas I'd love to hear 'em

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]

Anderson wanders about the remains of the raider camp attempting to locate any usable medical supplies, and a place to set up a first aid station. While doing that he's going to have a look at the sanitation infrastructure of the camp, latrine pits are a good start, but if there's anything that can be done to help prevent disease, it's probably something that will need to get done.

The Doc winces, he has a really straight up class A headache for some reason, he'd take a painkiller, but he's really running low on them, and it feels like a waste.

I'm taking Psycher if it's allowed, will bank the other Ad point for now.

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [The Third Heat]
    His offer refused, R.B. is hurt. He lets loose an long, angry roar at Leo.

Steam blown off, he marches away to do something constructive.

is it just me, or is Levetica acting kind of suspiciously?

also, is that paper implying that there are cliffs surrounding us then? or would that be 12/12?

assuming the times are actually directions, do we know which way is 12? north? do we know which way is north, even? someone have a compass on them?

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Freaker requires two other RAD ads, unfortunately.

You could always buy off some of your Ods, Valve - or take Freaker like someone suggested.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hah i never even thought of buy off ods

hmm

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    doesn't cecil have some od that forces him to scream

that might be a good one to get rid of

or no legs/no arms

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    he does, but nobody ever put it on the wiki!

fixed

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ah fuck it what do I need for freaker

rane the crash gave him lungs and vocal chords but the only noises he can make are crude shrieks

hey wait a sec hes a fish!
    eyes on different sides of his head!
    no depth perception!

DE?AD can I add that?

oh yea we should probably get rid of legions as well

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    valve you can't be a freaker
    mutants cannot be freakers

valve if you delete
    Only Capable of Screaming [-1]
    you'll still have 1 Adpoint left and you can bank it

and then you can sing all the Queen you like

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    NO

DEPTH

PERCEPTION
    look up dude
    also yaaaay Queen
    although on second thought that would have become really annoying

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well maybe De?ad'll let you take the no depth perception od and you can delete your no legs and your screaming ods

that has the double benefit of you being ambulatory and also I get to draw a fish with little legs!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    everyone wins!!!

ooh maybe his back fins sprout bones or something!

E: where the hell is he, anyway?

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    rane just really wants to draw a Darwin fish

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you mean JESUS IS THE LORD fish

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    heh

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jesus fish don't have feet!

also I saw one of these on a pick-up truck the other day

cthulhufish.jpg

it was weird

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hahaha

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    [Watch]

Sydney steps out of the van, rubs her hands together, then blows in them. "Ugh, I hate being cold. Lets hurry up and do this."

*WHAM WHAM WHAM* Syd slams a fist repeatedly against the van.
    "Hey kid."
    "We are getting your stump fixed."
    "Wake up."
    Ulyss jumps out of the van, vigorously rubbing his palms together before wrapping his arms around himself.

"Shit is it cold." He turns back and looks at the van. "Hey uh, miss, why don't we have you come on out here and use some of those supernatural abilities of yours to warm us all up a touch, hm?" He looks around the glacial city block.
    Before reminding Ulyss that she is Pyscher not a goddamn heat lamp, Sydney realizes she never really tried to sustain a constant flame. This could be a useful training. Hmmm.

Syd creates swirling a ball of flame about the size of a grapefruit and tries to maintain it.

Cecil, the howling mad hellfish?

0Hellfish.jpg

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    !!!
    only green, no arms, and unable to make faces like that

so not at all

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i love how syd just sort of fell into being Jimothy's new mom

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    hahaha

you should grow legs, wings, and a tentacle mouth

don't get any bigger though

just be a little flying horror of a goldfish

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ooh character development!

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [Hail to the Watch]

Jack gets over his horrifying ordeal rather quickly

He straps on the unconscious Cecil and tests his new AWESOME legs by climbing up the side of the nearest relatively tall building to get a good look around

maybe for a clothing store

I'm a horrifying man with spider legs coming out of his back, my face is peeling off in chunks, i have a mysterious bag, crossbow, and pipe, I can climb building like crazy, and i can run at 20 mph

I'm basically nightmare fuel for 8 year olds everywhere

Raneados on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Rane you are a champion and nailed the character perfectly.

[Mayfield]
    [The Cap'n][4,2,2,OOO]

The captain hobbles along after Husc taking little notice of the others. He remarks:

"Arr, ye got a fine crew laddy. Half dozen strong, t'gether we should make short work o' nary all but th' finest o' enemies. Now how about we natter about th' plan.

I be keen t' head straight fer th' treasure, but if ye wants t' stop t' plunder a few vessels or pillage a port or two, i'd be down like good rum in a thirsty pirate's hands arr har har har."

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dead I realize that I am very high right now and this probably won't make sense but

If Jimothy took the two rad ads you need to take freaker

would it be possible to dick around with the rules enough to allow me to take the freaker ad despite the fact that he's a psycher

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    according to DE?AD, no

these were the rules

Freakers can't be psychers or mutants
    Mutants can not be freakers or robots
    Robots can not be mutants or psychers
    Psychers can not be freakers or robots

it's the same rationale behind whitewolf games- you don't let players be vampirewerewolfmages

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
This discussion has been closed.