Options

[Fallout 3] Wubba harrrrglb? JAMBAAGLR

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It is quite epic.

I also love these. They always hit the 'post-apocalypse desolate wastes' note absolutely perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZRQs2aGE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9bh66UmOik

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Scooter wrote: »

To whoever was asking, the Anchorage marker is pointing to a door, not the metro tunnel.

Hm. OK. Thank you.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    KlashKlash Lost... ... in the rainRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There's no mob spawns outside of 101, otherwise there'd be the chance you'd get instagibbed the second you stepped out of the tutorial. So, there's no harm in sending him back to 101.

As far as him just showing up, that's quite puzzling. But, yknow, as so many people are so very fond of saying, Bethesda lol. Seems like a beneficial bug to me anyway?

Looks like I'm leaving him at 101, then.

You'd think it'd be beneficial, but it really isn't. I don't need his help, so he just gets in the way. On top of which, when he shows up, he's still in "stay" mode. He has a tendency to show up in soon-to-be-closed places, like the Taft Tunnels, part of which becomes inaccessible after the quest. So, if I don't notice him, and tell him to come with me, he'll stay there. Forever. I'll never be able to access him again. >_>

Klash on
    We don't even care... whether we care or not...
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Ok, I have modded it to reduce view distance to minimize stuttering. Works pretty well.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So, Big Town. Is there a way to prevent it from getting utterly destroyed? I mean, I've done the quest line for 'em, and set up the Sentry and Protectron. Now, I bring Sticky over, soon as I get in earshot, I hear gunshots. I go in and find an albino radscorpion. Yeah. Half the town was dead before I crossed the bridge.

Anyone got a tip for keeping that place safe?

Also, great way to harvest Outcast armour without feeling guilty: use Star Paladin Cross. When you fire her, she goes hostile to Outcast, but they don't go hostile to you. Find a patrol, fire her, rehire her before she's gone. I don't feel bad because I didn't kill 'em, they respawn eventually and I don't get any negative effect because she wasn't even in my party at the time. Free armour for all, just make sure to give her stimpacks.

Klash on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man I just wiped out the Outcasts. What's there to feel guilty about? I turned up at their base and the woman guarding it was rude to me, so they all had to die.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, I just fast traveled from Lamplight to Big Town. That seems to ensure nothing nasty pops up. Ah well, so much for a casual stroll.

As for killing Outcast, I like to play goody-goody/Clint Eastwood in the Old West. If you aren't explicitly bad, I won't go out of my way to hunt you. If you're a slaver, I will follow you to the ends of the Earth and back. Outcasts just straddle that line, by being utter assholes that hoard tech, but don't shoot civilians. Same with the Capitol Brotherhood, I like to come up with inventive "hands-off" approaches to getting their toys.

All the fun, none of the blame. If anything, my character is a brilliant definition of evil, I should have a karma dropping below whats possible.

Klash on
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I blew up megaton and I felt kinda guilty about it considering I had done all the quests in megaton. Then I discovered Moira lived through it which was just awesome and made me feel less guilty. As annoying as she is, I like having her as a trading person/repairer in the early game

mrt144 on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Klash wrote: »
    One of you guys should know this, but I've got a Dogmeat question. Right now I have him staying at my Megaton house. Thing is, certain parts of the game cause him to just... appear. He just showed up in the Taft Tunnels for no reason during Waters of Life. This happened on my last play through as well, after Vault 87. If I tell him to go to 101, will this still happen? Also, what are the odds he just gets himself killed while waiting at 101?

With Broken Steel installed, you could basically leave Dogmeat in the middle of Old Olney, come back later, and he'd be sitting there panting happily in the center of a dozen Deathclaw corpses. That bastard is indestructable. :P

In a vanilla game, Dogmeat's not really that important to have around, but when I had Mart's installed, with increased spawns activated, he proved to be invaluable for keeping shit busy while I picked them off. I'd literally use him to tank 6 or more supermutants, and just throw Nuka Grenades into the pack until everything was dead. Dogmeat would come trotting out of the carnage, unscathed.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, I just fast traveled from Lamplight to Big Town. That seems to ensure nothing nasty pops up. Ah well, so much for a casual stroll.

As for killing Outcast, I like to play goody-goody/Clint Eastwood in the Old West. If you aren't explicitly bad, I won't go out of my way to hunt you. If you're a slaver, I will follow you to the ends of the Earth and back. Outcasts just straddle that line, by being utter assholes that hoard tech, but don't shoot civilians. Same with the Capitol Brotherhood, I like to come up with inventive "hands-off" approaches to getting their toys.

All the fun, none of the blame. If anything, my character is a brilliant definition of evil, I should have a karma dropping below whats possible.

I usually play a good character too, until I get near the end and have kind of done everything and become stupidly powerful. I didn't find the Outcast base until that point, and by then I was in my "Anyone who's rude to me gets destroyed" mood.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So, Big Town. Is there a way to prevent it from getting utterly destroyed? I mean, I've done the quest line for 'em, and set up the Sentry and Protectron. Now, I bring Sticky over, soon as I get in earshot, I hear gunshots. I go in and find an albino radscorpion. Yeah. Half the town was dead before I crossed the bridge.

Anyone got a tip for keeping that place safe?

Also, great way to harvest Outcast armour without feeling guilty: use Star Paladin Cross. When you fire her, she goes hostile to Outcast, but they don't go hostile to you. Find a patrol, fire her, rehire her before she's gone. I don't feel bad because I didn't kill 'em, they respawn eventually and I don't get any negative effect because she wasn't even in my party at the time. Free armour for all, just make sure to give her stimpacks.

Big Town: Reverse pickpocket power armor, laser rifles, miniguns, etc. as well as a lot of stimpacks. I do the ammo exploit to extremes for Big Town residents. Bittercup does quite well with a lever action rifle, and Sticky has somehow survived going toe to toe with an Albino Radscorpion hefting an Auto-Axe, in Raider armor.

Conversely, if you're on PC, just make them all essential.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

Sort of happened to me too. Except I successfully defended Big Town and everything.

Then a minute later, as I walked to the back of the town for something or other, I hear carnage up front. I run back up there and an Albino Radscorpion has killed everyone I just protected, save for the flirty girl.

I would have made that thing suffer for a bit if it weren't for those dreadful things being terrifying.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    mwoodymwoody Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    A quick warning for mod-users: if you use FWE+WMK with the FOIP interoperability patch, for "balance" FOIP removes the ability, already included in WMK, to modify unique weapons. It makes the uniques much less interesting and, to my mind, removes a lot of the fun of weapon hunting while leaving you frustratingly underpowered in the late game.

There's no real way to work around this, unfortunately.

mwoody on
    Steam: mwoody450
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I just finished putting my mods in what I hope is the correct order.

(actually I just used FOMS to arrange them, then also hit the sorter in FOMM)

Time to load and see if anything blows up.

EDIT: Hah, nope. CTD immediately.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    AyulinAyulin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've found BOSS to be much much better (it's updated pretty often) than either FOMS or the FOMM sorter.

Just keep in mind with any of the sorters, the stuff it has no idea what to do with just gets chucked at the bottom; you might want to check the readme for these, since some of them should actually be elsewhere in the load order.

On another note, the more I read about New Vegas, the more I want it to come out.

Ayulin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    It's hard as nails but as I've mentioned elsewhere I'm having fun with FWE, MMM, WMK and EVE (that's Fallout Wanderer's Edition, Mart's Mutant Mod, Weapon Mod Kits and Energy Visuals Enhanced if you're suffering from acronym overdose)

The only problem is that starting the game through FOMM with the launch through FOSE option never lets me customise my video settings: it always reverts to 800x600 for some reason. It makes things surprisingly ugly and all the usual angles aren't working. Bah!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Man I think all of the merchants (crow, lucky, hoff and wolfgang) are gone. I don't know what the hell happened, but they don't show up at Megaton anymore. I'm only level 16, so those infamous albino scorpions shouldn't be around yet, right?

I had a pretty cool moment earlier. I was wandering around the northern edge of the map. After getting the hell away from SatCom aray nn-03d bcause of the raiders shooting the shit out of me, I run into a Slaver camp. Being a combination of the Man with No Name and Jesus Christ, my character fucking hates Slavers. I killed all of the Slavers in Paradise Falls, stripped the bodies, and left them at the entrance.

I sort of knew the Pitt access point was around here somewhere, because I had ran unto Snake Plissken's twin last night before it froze. Anyway, I'm robbing the Slaver camp. A dude sees me, goes "shit you are the sonofabitch that killed everyone at Paradise Falls!"

Awesome. I killed these Slavers, let the slaves go, and put the clothes I think I will need to access the Pitt in a locker, and then wander off.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man I think all of the merchants (crow, lucky, hoff and wolfgang) are gone. I don't know what the hell happened, but they don't show up at Megaton anymore. I'm only level 16, so those infamous albino scorpions shouldn't be around yet, right?

If you really want confirmation, go to Canterbury Commons and ask the trader guy (I think his name is Uncle Roe) about each individual trader, as if you were going to invest in them. If they're dead, he'll tell you.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the MIRV is starting to make me dislike its wonderful atomic annihilation.

It always launches one nuke much lower than the other. Which detonates on my foot.

Which leads to bad times

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I just read all of the info on Fallout: New Vegas on wikipedia. That was certainly a mistake, because if the game isn't released in the next 6 hours, I'm going to be pretty upset :(

Bobble on
  • Options
    JaramrJaramr Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Bobble wrote: »
    So I just read all of the info on Fallout: New Vegas on wikipedia. That was certainly a mistake, because if the game isn't released in the next 6 hours, I'm going to be pretty upset :(

Once I find out the exact release date, I am building a time machine and porting over there.

Jaramr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Jaramr wrote: »

Once I find out the exact release date, I am building a time machine and porting over there.

You could always just travel to months after it's released, when it's patched and modded.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I still remember when I first played Fallout 3 I ran into an odd situation.

I was wandering the wasteland in the middle of no where with nothing nearby by myself when I suddenly get shot, I spin around not sure where I'm being attacked, I see this gun off in the distance shooting at me and I start shooting back when he gets too close to two of those flying bugs which begin to attack him. He runs off, I try to follow but he vanishes somewhere. I still got no idea what reason he had to attack me or who it was, he didn't look like a slaver or anything.

It was just one of those little random moments of the game that really made me love the whole thing.

Cade on
  • Options
    LeCausticLeCaustic Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

You could always just travel to months after it's released, when it's patched and modded.

Well, what's the fun in that. That's part of the Fallout experience!

LeCaustic on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    kaustikos.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    LeCaustic wrote: »

Okay, build a time machine, travel into the future and get the release date off of Wikipedia, then travel to the release date.

Sir Carcass on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    LeCaustic wrote: »

Okay, build a time machine, travel into the future and get the release date off of Wikipedia, then travel to the release date.

I like that our direct objective with a time machine is a release date.

LeCaustic on
    kaustikos.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    You could use it to go back in time and ask the developers to hurry it up, and then all of us still in this time would benefit as well.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    you could go back in time, steal something valuable, then go back to right before Interplay closed down black isle, sell the valuable item, give the money to Interplay, and keep Fallout in Blackisles hands then we would have gotten van buren and be on fallout 5 by now.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    you could go back in time, steal something valuable, then go back to right before Interplay closed down black isle, sell the valuable item, give the money to Interplay, and keep Fallout in Blackisles hands then we would have gotten van buren and be on fallout 5 by now.

Wow. Good point!

LeCaustic on
    kaustikos.png
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

I had a pretty cool moment earlier. I was wandering around the northern edge of the map. After getting the hell away from SatCom aray nn-03d bcause of the raiders shooting the shit out of me, I run into a Slaver camp. Being a combination of the Man with No Name and Jesus Christ, my character fucking hates Slavers. I killed all of the Slavers in Paradise Falls, stripped the bodies, and left them at the entrance.

I sort of knew the Pitt access point was around here somewhere, because I had ran unto Snake Plissken's twin last night before it froze. Anyway, I'm robbing the Slaver camp. A dude sees me, goes "shit you are the sonofabitch that killed everyone at Paradise Falls!"

Awesome. I killed these Slavers, let the slaves go, and put the clothes I think I will need to access the Pitt in a locker, and then wander off.
    Scenes like that are what I love about the Fallout games.

I wish there were a lot more opportunities for Fistful of Dollars-esque "Oh yeah, BTW, I'm gonna kill you now" dialogue. FO3 had a couple of disappointments in that department.

One was in The Power of Atom. My first playthrough I agreed with Burke's offer, not because I actually wanted to blow up the town, but because I wanted to find out who he was working for. So I go to Tenpenny, step out on the balcony, fill them both full of lead and...

was unable to defuse the megaton bomb and was left homeless and butler-less. Lame.

Another one where they really dropped the ball was in Paradise Falls. You have the option to tell Eulogy you're here to pick up the kids, he says the price, and then you get an option that says, "I'm not here to buy them, I'm here to take them." I was all braced for a firefight, but instead Eulogy just throws out some threats and goes back to his normal dialogue tree.

Duffel on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, after 84 hours in my previous play through, 70 odd hours in this one, F3 is starting to lose its luster. I'm pretty sick of picking up crap items and finding myself encumbered, quests that throw a hojillion Enclave at me, yet I can only pick up 4 suits before I'm done. All of my exploring has become... not really exploring, I just enter an area, check the corners for loot, shoot the bad guys, leave.

Anyone got non-mod suggestions for spicing things up? I wanna go through everything vanilla before I add sprinkles.

Edit: I'm with you on the lack of Clint-style dialogue. I think most of us tend to play it that way. Who here hasn't donned the Regulator Duster and pulled out a .44 Scoped? I accidentally triggered the Grouse conversation, but told him I just didn't care. I was rather disappointed when I came back to clean town that the option to tell him my gun was doing the preaching was gone. I just ended up shooting him in the face and continuing on, minus the badass line.

Also disappointing is how Three Dog is wrong half the time. He talks about how I killed people in Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head, except I didn't, I speech'd 'em all into giving me their keys and blasted away Tenpenny. He talks about how I showed up at Paradise Falls but does the "you do the math" thing, instead of the "he shot them in the face" thing. New Vegas better not have broken DJs and better, meaning tons more, dialogue choices.

Klash on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

No albino scorpions, but those guys can be pretty good at getting themselves killed.

Last time I played I was trekking across the wasteland back to Megaton and started getting chased by some mole rats, about 4 of them. I couldn't be arsed to deal with them so just ran on, and they followed me the whole way. As I approached Megaton I noticed some red dots on my radar. Deputy Weld, Doc Hoff, Doc Hoff's bodyguard and cow, three Megaton settlers and the beggar from outside Megaton were all fighting this pair of giant ants. I ran up there and introduced 4 mole rats to the party. Someone must have accidentally shot Hoff's cow because it went nuts and started attacking people. I chucked a grenade at an ant and caught a settler in the blast and then they all started attacking me. Within a couple of minutes there were human bits, cow bits, ant bits, rat bits and robot bits everywhere, and me just left laughing.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, after 84 hours in my previous play through, 70 odd hours in this one, F3 is starting to lose its luster. I'm pretty sick of picking up crap items and finding myself encumbered, quests that throw a hojillion Enclave at me, yet I can only pick up 4 suits before I'm done. All of my exploring has become... not really exploring, I just enter an area, check the corners for loot, shoot the bad guys, leave.

Anyone got non-mod suggestions for spicing things up? I wanna go through everything vanilla before I add sprinkles.

Edit: I'm with you on the lack of Clint-style dialogue. I think most of us tend to play it that way. Who here hasn't donned the Regulator Duster and pulled out a .44 Scoped? I accidentally triggered the Grouse conversation, but told him I just didn't care. I was rather disappointed when I came back to clean town that the option to tell him my gun was doing the preaching was gone. I just ended up shooting him in the face and continuing on, minus the badass line.

Also disappointing is how Three Dog is wrong half the time. He talks about how I killed people in Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head, except I didn't, I speech'd 'em all into giving me their keys and blasted away Tenpenny. He talks about how I showed up at Paradise Falls but does the "you do the math" thing, instead of the "he shot them in the face" thing. New Vegas better not have broken DJs and better, meaning tons more, dialogue choices.
    Something small that I've found drastically changes my gameplay -

Go to the options and turn the HUD all the way invisible. No crosshairs, health, map, ammo or anything. Just you and the game. It's strange to notice just how much those two tiny little lines change your perception of the game's world. It'll make the game a great deal more difficult for obvious reasons, but it's still something worth doing.

--

I've been playing Fallout 1 here in the past few days, courtesy of the FO1/FO2/FOT bundle they have on Amazon. Didn't get to play it back in the 90s, but I have to say it's held up pretty well all things considered. The system is a bit difficult to understand, and trading with your allies is needlessly complicated, and there's all kinds of early-genre BS that I'd forgotten all about until now. It's hard to believe we put up with stuff like the "Tell Me About" thing, where you have to type in random words which may or may not get recognized by the game.

Still, the combat is great fun, if very challenging, although I'm having a hard time with everything besides a ridiculously fast gunslinger character (10 AGL, Fast Shot), because otherwise I feel like I'm standing around getting beaten all the time. It's also pretty amazing how well-developed the setting is with the scanty resources and graphics they had to work with. It feels more alive to me than a lot of games that are coming out even today. No wonder it was such a classic.

Oh yeah, and I'd completely forgotten what life was like back in the days before autosaves. Nothing as awesome as getting killed in Necropolis and then going to the menu, finding out the last time you saved was when you were about to talk to Gizmo in Junktown. Fun!

Duffel on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I don't think I ever used the Tell Me About thing.

august on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    august wrote: »
    I don't think I ever used the Tell Me About thing.

I would always try a couple different words, get frustrated/annoyed, and give up.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Duffel wrote: »

Go to the options and turn the HUD all the way invisible. No crosshairs, health, map, ammo or anything. Just you and the game. It's strange to notice just how much those two tiny little lines change your perception of the game's world. It'll make the game a great deal more difficult for obvious reasons, but it's still something worth doing.

--
    *snip*

In terms of difficulty, I'm actually satisfied with being a God. After all, I am the Messiah. That isn't a bad idea, though. Next play through, I'll give it a go.

I still wanna play through the Fallout Trilogy, but I just can't do it. I get one look at the graphics, so damned old and... old... it turns me off, or I end up in a battle before I take my first step and I get turned off by being a weakling. It probably doesn't help my basic set-up for any RPG is charismatic, talkative, lucky, ingenious scientist with lock-picking prowess. I'm about as well set-up in RPGs to handle baddies as I am to fly a rocket ship. Actually, my characters probably could fly one, since thats how I always design 'em. :P

Edit: Alright, I've decided I'm not bored with Fallout, I'm frustrated with it. I have 10 STR, and strong back. This means 300 WG capacity. Even now, I'm almost incapable of picking up or cleaning out an area. My biggest gripe with RPGs has come to turn in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Limited inventories. Worst game mechanic I've ever come up against. Bah.

Klash on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think limited inventory is vital to the game. Fallout 3 showed me that without ammo weight ammo becomes more worthwhile than actual currency (which is totally ass backwards). Being able to afford 900 stimpacks because I have about 70,000 rounds of 5.56mm that I never use in my inventory (okay it's 69,783 rounds to be precise) breaks the games economy. There is no choice as to what I pick up or use. I can easily maintain having 9 guns, devaluing skills like repair because I'm using billions of different weapons anyway.

While with inventory being limited suddenly tough choices have to be made. Having a high strength as opposed to dumping it is not a more worthwhile choice (I've never played Fallout 3 with more than 4 strength or so - I convert everything into ammo that I can). Repair is more valuable when you can't carry around 9 weapons and enough ammunition to use all of them easily. This aspect coming back with New Vegas really excites me.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Duffel wrote: »

--
    *snip*

In terms of difficulty, I'm actually satisfied with being a God. After all, I am the Messiah. That isn't a bad idea, though. Next play through, I'll give it a go.

I still wanna play through the Fallout Trilogy, but I just can't do it. I get one look at the graphics, so damned old and... old... it turns me off, or I end up in a battle before I take my first step and I get turned off by being a weakling. It probably doesn't help my basic set-up for any RPG is charismatic, talkative, lucky, ingenious scientist with lock-picking prowess. I'm about as well set-up in RPGs to handle baddies as I am to fly a rocket ship. Actually, my characters probably could fly one, since thats how I always design 'em. :P

Edit: Alright, I've decided I'm not bored with Fallout, I'm frustrated with it. I have 10 STR, and strong back. This means 300 WG capacity. Even now, I'm almost incapable of picking up or cleaning out an area. My biggest gripe with RPGs has come to turn in Oblivion and Fallout 3. Limited inventories. Worst game mechanic I've ever come up against. Bah.

I know for sure there was a mod for Oblivion that basically gave you multipliers to your carry weight. You could choose 2x, 3x, all the way up to maybe 10x your carry weight.

I'm sure there is a version for Fallout 3.

(unless you have it on 360 in which case I am so sorry)

EDIT: Well from a Post-Apocalyptic world point of view, ammo WOULD probably be worth more than money. Just sayin'.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, .223 pistol, how I've missed you. FWE adds that gun as well as others to the game, and I'm just so happy to see the .223 as it was my favorite weapon in the first two games.

Also, it's the Blade Runner gun.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I think limited inventory is vital to the game. Fallout 3 showed me that without ammo weight ammo becomes more worthwhile than actual currency (which is totally ass backwards). Being able to afford 900 stimpacks because I have about 70,000 rounds of 5.56mm that I never use in my inventory (okay it's 69,783 rounds to be precise) breaks the games economy. There is no choice as to what I pick up or use. I can easily maintain having 9 guns, devaluing skills like repair because I'm using billions of different weapons anyway.

While with inventory being limited suddenly tough choices have to be made. Having a high strength as opposed to dumping it is not a more worthwhile choice (I've never played Fallout 3 with more than 4 strength or so - I convert everything into ammo that I can). Repair is more valuable when you can't carry around 9 weapons and enough ammunition to use all of them easily. This aspect coming back with New Vegas really excites me.

Yeah, limited inventory makes the game work. I currently carry a lot of guns, typically combat shotgun, Chinese assault rifle, laser pistol, and railway rifle. I have a ton of grenades and mines, a pile of stimpacks and rad-away, and several thousand rounds of ammo. That still lets me carry somewhere around 100 kg of other junk. 100kg is 220 pounds. That's a goddamned human being!

So I want to advance the storyline enough to get Enclave dudes running around and meet Fawkes. I run into individual Enclave guys once in a while, but I read something about Enclave camps and patrols at the Vault. What quests do I do to make these things happen?

DouglasDanger on