We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

[Chat] Dog Man

• TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ready to take on the world this morning.

TL DR on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    I wonder why i'll never grow tired of Looney Tunes.
    It's probably the most compelling evidence for the existence of a human soul that I know of.

(I didn't Lime "of" because I disdain ending a sentence with a preposition) :P

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    Highlights from my autobiography:

I was born in the past. Today, I live in the present. At some point in the future, I will die.

Cool, that makes me sound like a time traveler.

I smell a movie deal!

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Somebody ate his wheaties.

and maybe did some coke

Bama on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I sleep on whichever side of the bed the nightstand is on. Dominant hand doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

What if I put a nightstand on both sides?

Now what?
    It would probably be more accurate to say that I sleep on the side with the alarm clock, but I don't know for certain because I've never had more than one nightstand next to the bed.

If there were two alarms I would murder anyone who set the one I wasn't using.

What if your bed was surrounded in night stands and alarm clocks?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Tanooki MarioTanooki Mario __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    I sleep on whichever side of the bed the nightstand is on. Dominant hand doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Now what?
    It would probably be more accurate to say that I sleep on the side with the alarm clock, but I don't know for certain because I've never had more than one nightstand next to the bed.

Insanity

Tanooki Mario on
    I'm the artist formerly known as Satan.
    edited November 2009

Now what?

Insanity

And each clock was set to go off with "Row Row Row your boat" and they each start at different times. It'd be the most epic way to wake up ever.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I fell out of bed last night. One of those weird ones though where it was my lower-half that fell, as though my legs tried to run off and leave me in the middle of the night. Kinda hurt my back.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited November 2009
    Thing I would like to wake up to (and linked here last night): www.inbflat.net

Tanooki Mario on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

and maybe did some coke

Neither. Just got some good sleep and jumped out of bed today. Maybe it's the crush I have on the girl in my first class :oops:

TL DR on
    edited November 2009
    I fell out of bed last night. One of those weird ones though where it was my lower-half that fell, as though my legs tried to run off and leave me in the middle of the night. Kinda hurt my back.

That was just the horrible rape monster trying to drag you away

Tanooki Mario on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Okay, I ran for half an hour.

Am I sexy yet?

Winky on
    edited November 2009

That was just the horrible rape monster trying to drag you away
    <grumble, grumble> He should have just asked nicely.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Winky wrote: »
    Okay, I ran for half an hour.

Am I sexy yet?

Totally.

Chanus on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That discussion in the Fort Hood is reminding me of the time that I talked to an ex Gp Capt, and he was giving his views on the rise of PTSD basically being bullshit. Thing was he was quite clearly really damn smart. Was weird to say the least.

Leitner on
    edited November 2009

and maybe did some coke

Neither. Just got some good sleep and jumped out of bed today. Maybe it's the crush I have on the girl in my first class :oops:

I too have a crush on a girl in my first class!

I think she might be churchy, though, so that kind of ruins it...

Winky on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    My girlfriend wanted me to buy a butternut squash when I went grocery shopping yesterday. So she wrote "butternut squash" on my shopping list. Then next to it, she drew a butternut squash. That made me chuckle.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    My girlfriend wanted me to buy a butternut squash when I went grocery shopping yesterday. So she wrote "butternut squash" on my shopping list. Then next to it, she drew a butternut squash. That made me chuckle.

That's a keeper.

Winky on
    edited November 2009
    Leitner wrote: »
    That discussion in the Fort Hood is reminding me of the time that I talked to an ex Gp Capt, and he was giving his views on the rise of PTSD basically being bullshit. Thing was he was quite clearly really damn smart. Was weird to say the least.
    Coincidence: I was talking to my boss yesterday about the Ft Hood thing and PTSD. He was in the USMC back in the day. He thinks the rise in PTSD is a bunch of bs too. His reasoning was that kids have it too easy today so they can't handle anything anymore. We, uh, had to stop that conversation short.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited November 2009
    Coincidence: I was talking to my boss yesterday about the Ft Hood thing and PTSD. He was in the USMC back in the day. He thinks the rise in PTSD is a bunch of bs too. His reasoning was that kids have it too easy today so they can't handle anything anymore. We, uh, had to stop that conversation short.

Sort of like the whole ADHD thing?

Gonmun on
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    edited November 2009
    I need to work on making myself clearer when writing out my posts around here. :P

iTunesIsEvil on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Gonmun wrote: »

Sort of. Except ADHD is a load of bullshit.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    edited November 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I often question whether I actually have ADD or not.

But, hey, the medicine helps me do my homework.

Winky on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

:?

Arch on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Heh, ironically enough this guy said the exact opposite about the generation thing, and used the example of his son who is more decorated then he is. Wish I could remember the exact specifics of his argument as it was fairly nuanced. But it was like a month ago and was running on about four hours sleep at the time.

Leitner on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

Diagnosing an adult with ADHD is different from last decade's diagnosing every little kid with ADHD cause he's running around like a little kid.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited November 2009

See, I agree that to a degree it is bullshit. There is not way that so many kids have it. I can see a very small percentage having it because, hey, some folks can have messed up body chemistry and need something to help regulate. But the amount of kids that are diagnosed with it is just...yeah.

I had an issue with my son about 7 months ago and it culminated in one night him not going to bed, yelling, being in a generally horrid mood and actually said he wanted to hurt himself which freaked me and the fiancee out. We took him to the hospital and immediately the psych doc there put him on meds to "regulate" him. Needless to say I was pretty po'd about it but it's the fiancee's kid so I don't get a whole lot of say in that regards. We wound up taking him to a psychiatrist and she took him off them immediately and just got him talking. Turns out he was having a lot more issues at school then he would tell us even though we would always ask him and once we got it out of him we were able to talk to his teachers about our concerns and he felt a ton better about it.

Gonmun on
    edited November 2009

Diagnosing an adult with ADHD is different from last decade's diagnosing every little kid with ADHD cause he's running around like a little kid.

It's still difficult, cause most adults these days are hopped up on coke. They just appear to have ADHD.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, to be fair, it would probably be easier to do my homework if I did less cocaine.

Winky on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009

It's still difficult, cause most adults these days are hopped up on coke. They just appear to have ADHD.

We keep it next to the coffee machine! Sometimes people bring in heroin and bagels for special events.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, to be fair, it would probably be easier to do my homework if I did less cocaine.

That's the spirit!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited November 2009

We keep it next to the coffee machine! Sometimes people bring in heroin and bagels for special events.

Nothing like getting that cinnamon burn when you take your first sniff of the morning.

Gonmun on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

and maybe did some coke

You think she may have been a child soldier?

Bama on
    edited November 2009

and maybe did some coke

You think she may have been a child soldier?

Well, or a liar.

But, seriously, I think she might be religious.

Winky on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I would like some wheaties and coke.

MrMister on
    edited November 2009
    Wait, Tim, is this the girl you were talking about last week that is seeing your friend or is this someone new?

Gonmun on
    edited November 2009
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I wonder if I could, under the current law, justify taking drugs that are only legal as 'research chemicals' under the guise that I am doing phenomenological research in philosophy as to the essential nature and structure of perception. I mean, that's research.

I'm somehow guessing no.

MrMister on
    edited November 2009
    MrMister wrote: »
    I wonder if I could, under the current law, justify taking drugs that are only legal as 'research chemicals' under the guise that I am doing phenomenological research in philosophy as to the essential nature and structure of perception. I mean, that's research.

I'm somehow guessing no.

You're guessing wrong, actually. If you can get it through a university ethics committee you can do it.

Winky on
    edited November 2009

I guess, technically, PTSD itself probably isn't rising (I mean, outside of how much you would expect it to rise when soldiers actually have to face war)... just the number of reported cases.

So... he's correct? Or something...

Chanus on
This discussion has been closed.