Options

Left 4 Dead - Grabbin' a thread of puke - ATTN lobby leaders, check OP

• Options
    TheBanaTheBana Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    KG3000 wrote: »
    I asked earlier but it must have been missed. Can I get an invite to Armadeaddon, please.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004672299

I don't seem to be able to invite. Looks like the group has been locked?

TheBana on
    Monster Hunter Tri - TheBana/FZVK6U; Skype - TheBana84;
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    So after updating I couldnt run the game due to an "Installation Error (53)" after searching around for 15 minutes I came across this thread. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1036036

Sent the Valve guy an e-mail, 1 minute later it works. Coincidence or awesomeness?

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I love scavenge. My favorite map so far is milltown and park.
    TheBana wrote: »
    KG3000 wrote: »
    I asked earlier but it must have been missed. Can I get an invite to Armadeaddon, please.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198004672299

I don't seem to be able to invite. Looks like the group has been locked?

Yeah, only officers can invite but they should be in the chat.

edit: it's locked. Try PM'ing whoever officer is online.
    edit2: unlocked, jump in

Alegis on
  • Options
    davinciedavincie Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Scavenge owns. Some great matches just now on it.

davincie on
    20qx2bp.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I hate tanks FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Friend and I are two-manning it with bots on Dead Centre. First three stages went fine. We're at the last filler-up stage. After getting our asses handed to us several times, we finally have a run where we've almost got all the cans.

We're all really low though so we're hoofing it.

Then Tank music starts up. It incaps three of us, but the bots were going around raising us up. We're basically on fumes but we manage to kill it before I get incapacitated again.

Then I look up: a 2nd tank had spawned.

My mouth was D:

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I still think the losing team each round should go infected first. There is no advantage to going survivor first, and thematically, the team with greater skill should have something to prove.

Also, it's much easier to grab and pour a decent amount of gas tanks if you screw up being infected first round than it is to prevent a good team from getting a pathetic amount of gas tanks if you screw up as survivor first.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lol deagle
    c4m5_milltown_escape0000.jpg

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lol deagle

Now try it on expert realism. Body shots aren't an instant kill with the magnum.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    lol deagle

Now try it on expert realism. Body shots aren't an instant kill with the magnum.

But they are a two shot kill. I can live with that.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Paladin wrote: »
    I still think the losing team each round should go infected first. There is no advantage to going survivor first, and thematically, the team with greater skill should have something to prove.

Also, it's much easier to grab and pour a decent amount of gas tanks if you screw up being infected first round than it is to prevent a good team from getting a pathetic amount of gas tanks if you screw up as survivor first.

The losing team does go infected first.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I am pretty sure the only time a magnum is two shot kill is when they are very far away, even on expert realism.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cutfang wrote: »

I hate you both.
    Endaro wrote: »
    Left 4 Dead 2: Experiment Results

There have been many questions regarding realism mode, as well as a few other quirks in the game. While a lot of conjecture has been given so far, I decided to test some things out for myself. The following are my results.

What use is an experiment if it is not repeatable? If you doubt any of these and want to try them for yourself, here is how:
    Go under options, and activate developer console. Load up the appropriate gametype you want to test. Press the ~ key, and type sv_cheats 1. You'll notice it refuses to turn on cheats unless you reload the map. For this, use another command: map mapname, where mapname is the map you want to load. By simply typing map into the console, it will bring up a list you can scroll through. You'll need to execute the command twice, as the first time it will only kick you to the menu. The second time, it will load the map and do so in the appropriate mode (realism or otherwise). Once in the right map, turn on the cheats again. After this, you can give yourself whatever weapon you want to test (give x), spawn zombies (z_spawn x), delete the bots so they dont intervene (nb_delete all) and make yourself invinceable (god 1)

How much penetration does the magnum have, if any?: From my tests, there is a degree of penetration on both expert, expert realism, and lower difficulties. By forcing a horde and filtering them through a doorway, shooting one magnum bullet, and deleting the horde to look at the corpses, I've been unable to hit more than 2 infected at a time. This applies to both realism, and non-realism. I've yet to test this will other weapons, like shotguns or sniper rifles. Feel free if you're interested.

Are construction workers immune to headshots: Immune? No, but resistant? Yes. Common and uncommon infected (excluding the riot cop from the front) all die in one shot from any gun point black to the head. On any difficulty. Expert, expert realism, etc, use the starting pistol, shoot them right in the head, and they die. The exception is the construction worker. On expert, it takes 4 pistol shot to the head to kill a construction worker. On expert realism, it usually only takes 1. This is unusual in that its the only time realism mode is easier than non-realism mode. They apparently emphasize the headshot in realism to the point that it negates the construction worker helmet.

Uncommon infected don't seem any different than common infected. So what, CEDA can't be burned, I prefer to shoot zombies: Well actually, it turns out there is a significant difference in common and uncommon infected, and it becomes more pronounced in realism mode. I will save this for my comparison between realism and non-realism mode, which brings me to my next section...

Realism mode, what the fuck is it?

As is already well known, it creates the following changes: No aura around teammates (which increases group disunity, friendly fire, and general mayhem), No survivor closets (if you die, you stay dead till the end of the round or use of a defib).
    Other characteristic are less well known, and were previously left mostly to guess, and some of which (like increased director difficulty/rarer item spawns), were beyond my ability to test.

Some felt that survivors take more damage: Not true. After testing, survivors take 20 damage from the front on both expert and expert realism (from common infected obviously), as well as 10 damage from behind.

Only headshots count (or the variation, body shots take forever): Infected can be killed with body shots, but it takes significantly longer than a simple headshot. This essentially means that infected have more health than on non-realism. To illustrate this points, I used various guns on expert, expert realism, and advanced realism, both as body shots and headshots. Here are the results:

Expert Realism:
    Standard pistol: kills any common infected in 1 headshot, 6 body shots. It kills any uncommon infected in 1 headshot, or 15-18 body shots. Spitters take 3 body shots, chargers 16 body shots.
    Magnum: One shots any common, or uncommon infected. Any, shot in any area. Some people previously thought it did not do so reliably, this is not true. Even a shot to the foot with the magnum will kill any regular infected.
    Desert Rifle: as valve calls it, or as you may know it, the gun which shoots in triple shot bursts. 2 triplets to the body for any common infected, 3-4 bursts for uncommon infected.
    Sniper Rifles: either hunting rifle or the new rifle, 3 body shots to kill common, 6 for uncommon.
    Assault Rifle: 7 body shots for common infected, ~10 for uncommon.
    AK 47: 4 body shots for common infected, 8 for uncommon.
    Melee Weapons: All melee weapons which hit, kill in one hit. Sometimes not all zombies are hit by the weapon itself, specifically if they are in your peripheral, and instead receive a push.

Expert, Non Realism
    Standard Pistol: 3 body shots for common, 9 for uncommon. Spitters take 3 body shots, chargers 16.
    Sniper Rifles: 1 shot anywhere kills any common or uncommon infected.

As you can see, infected have more health in Realism mode in the fact that it takes significantly more body shots to take them down, specifically 2-3 times as many shots are required to kill with body shots in realism mode than non-realism mode. You can also see that in both realism and non-realism, uncommon infected have 2-3 times more health than common infected, both within realism and without. Oddly, special infected do not receive a health bonus by realism mode. Also not included in these results was the fact that it took the exact same amount of shots in advanced realism as expert realism, it takes just as much effort to kill the zombies but they don't hurt you for as much.
    Its also worth noting the magazine size of some of these weapons. A pistol hold 15 shots. This means on realism, you can only kill 2 common infected, or less than one uncommon infected, in one magazine if you only hit the body. The hunting rifle, which holds 15 bullets as well, will only take down 5 common infected per magazine if you only hit the body, and only 2 uncommon infected.

Basically, shoot them brains. If you can't reliably headshot on realism, stick to melee weapons, magnums, and grenade launchers for common/uncommon infected. All three will kill in one hit. While worthwhile in expert non-realism, the sheer number of body shots needed to kill on realism makes the standard pistol worth avoiding.

And last but not least, an interesting tidbit, which is a Dead Center spoiler for those who haven't played it.
    You know the gunshop owner who's holed up on the roof, the one you get the Cola for? Ever wondered what he looked like? When he shoots the fuel truck, his plywood structure slides open, and you can see him:
    ei40e9.jpg

tl;dr? Just stick to the bold.

I don't know why I bother...

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I knew it.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Real men use the cricket bat. Look at you pansies with your fancy bullets.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    I want to put a deagle in my primary weapon slot, so when one is empty I can just switch to the other.

Morkath on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I'd love to use the cricket bat but the fucking pre-order bonus shitty baseball bat always replaces it. I think i've seen one cricket bat and someone else nabbed it.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I see lots of both.

The baseball bat is way better though.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Katana is the best out of them all.

It's like an axe but Japanese which makes it super sweet.

It also has a wider cut range and it's faster which means it can kill more mans.

Nothing though, I repeat nothing is greater than Chainsaw + Adrenaline shot.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

I hate you both.

There have been many questions regarding realism mode, as well as a few other quirks in the game. While a lot of conjecture has been given so far, I decided to test some things out for myself. The following are my results.

What use is an experiment if it is not repeatable? If you doubt any of these and want to try them for yourself, here is how:
    Go under options, and activate developer console. Load up the appropriate gametype you want to test. Press the ~ key, and type sv_cheats 1. You'll notice it refuses to turn on cheats unless you reload the map. For this, use another command: map mapname, where mapname is the map you want to load. By simply typing map into the console, it will bring up a list you can scroll through. You'll need to execute the command twice, as the first time it will only kick you to the menu. The second time, it will load the map and do so in the appropriate mode (realism or otherwise). Once in the right map, turn on the cheats again. After this, you can give yourself whatever weapon you want to test (give x), spawn zombies (z_spawn x), delete the bots so they dont intervene (nb_delete all) and make yourself invinceable (god 1)

How much penetration does the magnum have, if any?: From my tests, there is a degree of penetration on both expert, expert realism, and lower difficulties. By forcing a horde and filtering them through a doorway, shooting one magnum bullet, and deleting the horde to look at the corpses, I've been unable to hit more than 2 infected at a time. This applies to both realism, and non-realism. I've yet to test this will other weapons, like shotguns or sniper rifles. Feel free if you're interested.

Are construction workers immune to headshots: Immune? No, but resistant? Yes. Common and uncommon infected (excluding the riot cop from the front) all die in one shot from any gun point black to the head. On any difficulty. Expert, expert realism, etc, use the starting pistol, shoot them right in the head, and they die. The exception is the construction worker. On expert, it takes 4 pistol shot to the head to kill a construction worker. On expert realism, it usually only takes 1. This is unusual in that its the only time realism mode is easier than non-realism mode. They apparently emphasize the headshot in realism to the point that it negates the construction worker helmet.

Uncommon infected don't seem any different than common infected. So what, CEDA can't be burned, I prefer to shoot zombies: Well actually, it turns out there is a significant difference in common and uncommon infected, and it becomes more pronounced in realism mode. I will save this for my comparison between realism and non-realism mode, which brings me to my next section...

As is already well known, it creates the following changes: No aura around teammates (which increases group disunity, friendly fire, and general mayhem), No survivor closets (if you die, you stay dead till the end of the round or use of a defib).
    Other characteristic are less well known, and were previously left mostly to guess, and some of which (like increased director difficulty/rarer item spawns), were beyond my ability to test.

Some felt that survivors take more damage: Not true. After testing, survivors take 20 damage from the front on both expert and expert realism (from common infected obviously), as well as 10 damage from behind.

Only headshots count (or the variation, body shots take forever): Infected can be killed with body shots, but it takes significantly longer than a simple headshot. This essentially means that infected have more health than on non-realism. To illustrate this points, I used various guns on expert, expert realism, and advanced realism, both as body shots and headshots. Here are the results:

Expert Realism:
    Standard pistol: kills any common infected in 1 headshot, 6 body shots. It kills any uncommon infected in 1 headshot, or 15-18 body shots. Spitters take 3 body shots, chargers 16 body shots.
    Magnum: One shots any common, or uncommon infected. Any, shot in any area. Some people previously thought it did not do so reliably, this is not true. Even a shot to the foot with the magnum will kill any regular infected.
    Desert Rifle: as valve calls it, or as you may know it, the gun which shoots in triple shot bursts. 2 triplets to the body for any common infected, 3-4 bursts for uncommon infected.
    Sniper Rifles: either hunting rifle or the new rifle, 3 body shots to kill common, 6 for uncommon.
    Melee Weapons: All melee weapons which hit, kill in one hit. Sometimes not all zombies are hit by the weapon itself, specifically if they are in your peripheral, and instead receive a push.

Expert, Non Realism
    Standard Pistol: 3 body shots for common, 9 for uncommon. Spitters take 3 body shots, chargers 16.

As you can see, infected have more health in Realism mode in the fact that it takes significantly more body shots to take them down, specifically 2-3 times as many shots are required to kill with body shots in realism mode than non-realism mode. You can also see that in both realism and non-realism, uncommon infected have 2-3 times more health than common infected, both within realism and without. Oddly, special infected do not receive a health bonus by realism mode. Also not included in these results was the fact that it took the exact same amount of shots in advanced realism as expert realism, it takes just as much effort to kill the zombies but they don't hurt you for as much.
    Its also worth noting the magazine size of some of these weapons. A pistol hold 15 shots. This means on realism, you can only kill 2 common infected, or less than one uncommon infected, in one magazine if you only hit the body. The hunting rifle, which holds 15 bullets as well, will only take down 5 common infected per magazine if you only hit the body, and only 2 uncommon infected.

Basically, shoot them brains. If you can't reliably headshot on realism, stick to melee weapons, magnums, and grenade launchers for common/uncommon infected. All three will kill in one hit. While worthwhile in expert non-realism, the sheer number of body shots needed to kill on realism makes the standard pistol worth avoiding.

And last but not least, an interesting tidbit, which is a Dead Center spoiler for those who haven't played it.
    You know the gunshop owner who's holed up on the roof, the one you get the Cola for? Ever wondered what he looked like? When he shoots the fuel truck, his plywood structure slides open, and you can see him:
    ei40e9.jpg

Wow the magnum kills in one shot over 3, three fucking shots, from the sniper rifle?!

I did read this, I remembered the part about the sniper rifle and assumed the magnum would follow suite.

Uselesswarrior on
    Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Katana is the best out of them all.

It's like an axe but Japanese which makes it super sweet.

It also has a wider cut range and it's faster which means it can kill more mans.

Nothing though, I repeat nothing is greater than Chainsaw + Adrenaline shot.

What a girl.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »

That didn't happen last time I played scavenge.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2009

I hate you both.

Expert Realism:

Expert, Non Realism

ei40e9.jpg

Wow the magnum kills in one shot over 3, three fucking shots, from the sniper rifle?!

I did read this, I remembered the part about the sniper rifle and assumed the magnum would follow suite.

Yeah the sniper rifle is about useless and a half on realism. May as well just headshot with any other gun.

Morkath on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Magnum is a great gun, but the accuracy and clip size is frustrating

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »

That didn't happen last time I played scavenge.

I think in Scavenge it's the reverse. Not sure why, I don't think it makes any difference.

Zek on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Losing team goes first in scavenge, which is pretty dumb because it's harder. The pressure to get the max amount of cans to ensure victory is high, whereas going second and knowing you only need 9 to win lets you plan accordingly.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2009

It is an unusual move on their behalf, I wouldn't be surprised if they change it later. As mentioned, the clip size can be a problem. 8 dead zombies per clip, assuming you didn't miss or hit two in one shot. 10 dead zombies per clip with the new sniper riper, and upwards to 30 depending on how many are headshots.

One thing I was unable to test were shotguns, which I think we can all agree serve an important role in realism. Unfortunately, it's very hard to tell for certain if all pellets hit the target, so I doubt I'd get consistent results. Also, shotguns more than any gun would vary the most depending upon range. Results seemed to be the same for every other gun at any range, assuming you didn't miss.

Obviously it varies how confident a person feels they can consistently get headshots, especially in the middle of a horde where those heads seem to bob all over the place. Assuming you feel you will be getting headshots, something with a large magazine and consistent accuracy would be the weapon of choice (the new sniper rifle, the old assault rifle, or possibly the AK-47?).

Otherwise melee weapons, magnums, and shotguns seem to be the safest bets; the weapons most likely to result in one dead infected for every swing/shot.

Endaro on
  • Options
    mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I take it its only me whos having extreme lag problems in this game and cannot play but could play the first one perfectly fine? (online of course, 4 player co-op lags out and multiplayer is just plain awful). I cant put my finger on why the first one never did this but I cant play the second at all.

mastrius on
    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Rami wrote: »
    Losing team goes first in scavenge, which is pretty dumb because it's harder. The pressure to get the max amount of cans to ensure victory is high, whereas going second and knowing you only need 9 to win lets you plan accordingly.

We ran into this last night. Second round of three, first team lost round one and only managed to get two on round 2. This made it incredibly easy for us, since all we had to do was run to one spot that had three cans and bring them back. It took us maybe 20 seconds.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Wasn't there an interview with Chet or something about the theory behind Scavenge? I thought I remember them saying that they purposely set it up so that if one side was getting absolutely rolled finishing the map would be quick.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I want to play the original campaigns on vs now.

vs in this one is insanely fun, way more longevity than the first because stacking up is so useless. You get much closer games and much more 'holy wtf' moments.

Like earlier (?) when I limped the last section of Swamp Fever with 1hp on black and white, being forced off the final gangway twice by enemy infected, but somehow surviving their efforts to kill me.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Are there still no EU servers?

'cause I aint never had a good ping on VS or Scavenge...

.. will we -ever- get euro servers?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Quaz and WallyQuaz and Wally Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As much as I agree that L4D2 addresses a lot of the problems in L4D1 and is ultimately a much superior game, I don't think I'll be buying it. L4D might just not be the game for me. I only played the first one for a month, and playing through the demo I could see myself stopping for the same reasons. Games in general require a bit more commitment than I would like, and survival mode wasn't interesting enough for me to keep playing L4D1, so I somehow doubt the new survival or scavenge will be enough to keep me interested in L4D2.

Also, I'm still a bit peeved that instead of supporting L4D1 like TF2 they released a newer better than the first in every way game. Which they are completely in their right to do and the game has enough new content worth paying for. But... I think I'll wait till this stuff is on sale.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    As much as I agree that L4D2 addresses a lot of the problems in L4D1 and is ultimately a much superior game, I don't think I'll be buying it. L4D might just not be the game for me. I only played the first one for a month, and playing through the demo I could see myself stopping for the same reasons. Games in general require a bit more commitment than I would like, and survival mode wasn't interesting enough for me to keep playing L4D1, so I somehow doubt the new survival or scavenge will be enough to keep me interested in L4D2.

Also, I'm still a bit peeved that instead of supporting L4D1 like TF2 they released a newer better than the first in every way game. Which they are completely in their right to do and the game has enough new content worth paying for. But... I think I'll wait till this stuff is on sale.

I'm happy I got in on the 4-pack, so I only payed 33.75, which is about par for an expansion these days. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I thought it was 37 in the 4 pack?

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I thought it was 37 in the 4 pack?

If you preordered, the 4-pack was 10% ($15) off, as is standard with Valve games.

Plus you got an exclusive baseball bat weapon, and Bill's Hat for TF2.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Damn, I should have preorder 4-packed it (when it was cheaper and came with Bill's hat), but I was reeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally unsure then.

Quaz and Wally on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Are there still no EU servers?

'cause I aint never had a good ping on VS or Scavenge...

.. will we -ever- get euro servers?

You could host games yourself if it bothers you.

Peewi on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    I want to play the original campaigns on vs now.

vs in this one is insanely fun, way more longevity than the first because stacking up is so useless. You get much closer games and much more 'holy wtf' moments.

Like earlier (?) when I limped the last section of Swamp Fever with 1hp on black and white, being forced off the final gangway twice by enemy infected, but somehow surviving their efforts to kill me.

yeah i had a lot more fun with versus than i thought i would. I don't think the l4d2 vs will lend itself to the many run of the mill, generic tactics that overtook l4d. The maps more wide open and its almost more dangerous to hold out in a tight defensive position than it is to move in about in general vicinity. It felt a lot more robust.

iowa on
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    where is the baseball bat i was supposed to go

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Ross_C wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    I'm having the oddest bug on Hard Rain, the very first building that you come to in the first map, BurgerTank I think. On the roof are supposed to be air vents I suppose. Big metal things that block bullets and movement.

Except they're invisible on my game. I can still shoot them, be blocked by them, and climb on them but I cannot see them. Its the same way on the finale.

They seem to work fine for everyone else, I don't even know how it would happen.

Me and another guy were having the same problem. Are your graphic card settings have Effects on Low? I think the fade away distance on the models are bugged.

Just been Googlin', as I have the same problem. Found this, so about to give it a go to see if it'll fix stuff - apparently worked for others.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png