Options

[Video Game Podcasts] - New 'Out of the Game' is actually.. out?

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh. Just go ahead and skip weekend confirmed today, for some idiotic reason they hand things over to the worst stand up comedian ever.

"Woman, you know, you all just go gaga over babies. But hey, you know, guys all have the same reaction to boobies!"

I'm hardly paraphrasing at all here. Really. It's that bad.

Darlan on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I do like Weekend Confirmed, but Garnett has the worst fucking tastes in everything.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I do like Weekend Confirmed, but Garnett has the worst fucking tastes in everything.

Also Brian is everything that is wrong with gaming pretty much.

Kelor on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I tried listening to WC once. Turned it off 5 minutes in. I have no idea how getting rid of shane could make it worse

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Garnett still has a podcast?

Yeah he does have the worse taste and he's obnoxious and likes talking over other people which is pretty much the compliment with most people on a podcast I know.

I still remember him getting so drunk on one he said how it was "his show" despite the other people always contributing and all. Pretty sure they had a surprise reaction to it and made light of the remark as well.

Ah the days I use to listen to podcast.....I don't miss it much at all.

Cade on
  • Options
    KuratosuKuratosu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, WC was another one that I dropped from my feed. I was getting too irritated by it to actually be, you know, entertained. Also Leahy was annoying and whiny as fuck about every little thing. Unless the title isn't some kind of shooter or competitive multiplayer game, it won't stand a chance in hell of maintaining a balanced discussion on the show.

I like Jeff Cannata, but he's too easily overpowered by the other two.

WC is the worst parts of 1up Yours amplified.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
  • Options
    FatsFats Corvallis, ORRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I think he just hates period pieces, "new guns are better than old guns" being his primary philosophy

I don't understand this at all, either. Older guns, post-musket but pre-P90 and other nonsense, are the best. I blame it on his lack of actual firearms ownership.

Re: Bayonetta -- I don't care for DMC either, but I enjoy Ninja Gaiden quite a bit, would I like Bayonetta?

Fats on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kuratosu wrote: »
    Yeah, WC was another one that I dropped from my feed. I was getting too irritated by it to actually be, you know, entertained.

I had the same problem with Rebel FM.

For a guy who seemed convinced Bayonetta was sexist, Arthur sure sounded okay with one of their guests only talking about his girlfriend when he wanted to brag about her blowjobs.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, sometimes I really love Rebel FM. But I really don't like Arthur.

For some reason I keep listening to Weekend Confirmed, despite doing nothing but bitch about it in this thread. I swear, if you accumulated all of the music, long-fucking-bumpers, shitty-youtube mashup remixes, and awkward forced segues that occur in a single episode, it would be half the length.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    After Idle Thumbs I can't correctly pronounce "segue" any more.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Video games. Sorry Cherrn, don't know how to properly seg from your post.

So I decided to give the new 1up flagship podcast, "Games, Dammit!" a try, and I think I've found my replacement for WC. Scooter and Matt are kind of bland, but I enjoy hearing Jeremy and Frank on podcasts. It feels a lot more lighthearted and covers more genres in depth than WC because everyones tastes are so varied. I also like that it's not always about the latest games, so the conversation flows more organically and doesn't feel so rote.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, Games, Damnit doesn't seem too bad so far. I still wonder what's going on over at 1up.

SteevL on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

So I decided to give the new 1up flagship podcast, "Games, Dammit!" a try, and I think I've found my replacement for WC. Scooter and Matt are kind of bland, but I enjoy hearing Jeremy and Frank on podcasts. It feels a lot more lighthearted and covers more genres in depth than WC because everyones tastes are so varied. I also like that it's not always about the latest games, so the conversation flows more organically and doesn't feel so rote.

Wait, Jeremy Parish is on that podcast?

Well, guess I'll go subscribe now.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    BroCast episode is finally up after being gone for two months

figured it was time to pump the episode out before we do any end of the year business

T4CT on
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Looks like Giant Bomb is gonna spend the rest of the day playing old-ass games.

Awesome.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Haha, Rebel Assault. Awesome.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man.

I never knew about mark walhberg's dark past.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Listening to the recent Player One podcast right now. This intro is amazing... :lol:

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have been watching Giant Bomb's livestream for the past several hours. It's amaaazing.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I refreshed iTunes expecting a Giant Bomb GOTY podcast, but instead saw that this week's is the all-email one

I am not disappointed with this

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I refreshed iTunes expecting a Giant Bomb GOTY podcast, but instead saw that this week's is the all-email one

All-emails is the bomb.

Someone said GOTY is gonna be 26th-???

admanb on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We did our epic two-parter of Nitrobeard a few days ago, and finally picked our Game of the Year!
    It was actually a tie of two games :oops:

I can't wait for GiantBomb's epic-super-mega-long podcast, though. They're perfect for MMO grinding :^:

Kami on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    admanb wrote: »

All-emails is the bomb.

Someone said GOTY is gonna be 26th-???

At the end of the Bombcast this week they say it's planned to start the 27th.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Really? Eww. Games, Dammit is horrible. I'm rather fond of Jeremy Parish but even he can't save it.

Oh well. They make it, so I guess somebody should listen to it. :wink:

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Scooter seems like a cool guy, but I find his voice grating as heck. Having him as the host makes it hard for me to listen to at times.

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Games Dammit isn't great, but I've gotten info out of it that no one else talked about on any other podcasts, so I can't complain. You have to get your retro game news wherever you can these days!

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://twitter.com/#!/taswell/status/17644773795958784
    Ryan Davis wrote:
    wrapping production on EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS of Game of the Year Deliberation Podcasts. #hohoho

SteevL on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    SteevL wrote: »
    Ryan Davis wrote:
    wrapping production on EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS of Game of the Year Deliberation Podcasts. #hohoho

How many hours of that will be spoilers that I have to fast forward through?

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Vegan wrote: »
    Ryan Davis wrote:

Last year they stopped recording while Brad was telling them about the Silent Hill ending, so I'd imagine it's not going to be terribly spoiler heavy.

reVerse on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All of it.

I listened to '09s GOTY and I don't remember many spoilers at all. And I hardly play any games, sooooo.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Ryan Davis wrote:

Last year they stopped recording while Brad was telling them about the Silent Hill ending, so I'd imagine it's not going to be terribly spoiler heavy.

It's going to be tough, because generally I don't get to games until they've been out for a few years.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just can't go back to 1up. I like Jeremy and Frank so much, but I can't bear how shitty the overall content is and how boring scooter can make any subject.

Also, I like Garnett and Jeff, but leahy is terrible. He just craps on everything that isn't competitive multiplayer. He is the anti-jeff.

Spicy_Rev on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    They said they'll release part of it each day next week. Kind of thinking about marathoning the whole thing. It's what I did the other years.

Cherrn on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    reVerse wrote: »
    Ryan Davis wrote:

Some of that time is allocated to the five lead up podcasts before the big one, but those were only around 10 minutes each last year. I'm going to be abroad for all of them, so I'll be downloading them sporadically.

Ceno on
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm still mildly annoyed that they have an annual Northies and no annual Blumies.

Monger on
  • Options
    BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Monger wrote: »
    I'm still mildly annoyed that they have an annual Northies and no annual Blumies.

Blum is more of an anime thing.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Behemoth wrote: »

Must be, because I have no idea what this is.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

He's actually in quite a lot of games. Just not in a lot of lead roles like North.

Kuratosu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Dude does a lot of video games, too. That's not even a full list. Off the top of my head, I remember him doing alien gibberish voicing in both KotOR games and he was Hunter in Metro 2033. He was every unnamed enemy in Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. It was actually pretty irritating.

edit: Hey, I just played the Shadow Broker DLC and didn't realize he voiced the Shadow Broker. Or anyone in ME2 that wasn't Grunt, for that matter.

Monger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, Blum has a bit more of an understated range than North does (probably because North gets typecast a lot), and is rarely featured as prominently. Though I do get surprised when people don't recognize him, since he's also in fucking everything. Vanquish being a recent example.

Cherrn on