As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

romantics only

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You know what's a bitch to do

rose petals and not having people fuck up the pathing

What, you mean the path the to room/bed...?

Slow I don't even know what you are on about.

Liiya on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    During college my best friend and I figured we'd go all out for our girlfriends one particular valentine's day and thus, plotting and planning began.

In the weeks leading up to the day he and I went around to various places around town and started making arrangements. First it was to the manicure place, then the lingerie place, then bath and body works, then flowers and then finally making reservations at a really nice restaurant.

On the day itself, we were supposed to meet them for brunch but never showed. Instead waiting for them were balloons with instructions to follow the pictures. The first picture was a shot of one of their cars, on their car was then a shot of the manicure place. Upon arriving, then found they had reservations and had already been paid for, then the manicure lady handed them a shot of the lingerie store, where they found they had gift certificates, that shop clerk handed them a photo of the flower store where things were waiting for them. It went on for a little bit as they pretty much scavenger hunted through town by following pictures and meeting people who would send them to the next place.

Eventually they ended up back at their respective apartments where they found some of their nicer clothes laid out and instructions to be outside at a certain time. They meet up and lo and behold, one of our friends is there with his car holding a sign that hailed the both of them. This dude refused to say a word. They merely got in the car, he drove to the restaurant and then peeled out.

Once they got in the restaurant there we were at the table. Hooray for us.

What we were doing all day? Sitting around eating chinese food and playing video games until we needed to head to the restaurant.

I'll put what we did the next year in another post.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Fabricate wrote: »
    the diff between fyad and b yob is one is funny and the other one isnt

also you need to "get out" of 1 of them i'll let u decide which!!!!

aren't both just like 4chan lite

Fuga on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Liiya wrote: »
    Aphostile wrote: »

[*]Get her a stuffed animal, but take the stuffed animal and walk it around town taking pictures of it in funny places or with funny people. Then give her the album along with the stuffed animal.
    [/LIST]

This is the best idea. :D

You'll get a lot of funny looks when you do it, guaranteed

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I don't think I'll ever do the rose petal thing. I'm thinking a single rose in the middle of an immaculately made bed, perhaps with a few candles spread through the room. Not a whole lot, just a few. Whip hanging every so gently next to the bedpost. Chains clinking gently in the total silence. Closet open just enough to reveal the dominatrix outfit in the dim candlelight. Truly a romantic scene. I can feel a tear coming to my eye right now.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    . . .

Dr. Z that is brilliant, I applaud you. You have raised the bar for the male gender.

Liiya on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    . . .

Dr. Z that is brilliant, I applaud you. You have raised the bar for the male gender.

yeah thanks.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Why thank you, Liiya. Would not have been possible without some really awesome people at each shop who were totally willing to play along.

The only complaint from the girls was about actually wanting to spend time together but because we did so often they were still pretty thrilled.

So the next year, we remedied that:

My friend had promised his lady that "yes, we'll go meet my grandma in baltimore for lunch" and she was all happy because, I dunno, being "in" with the family I guess. So he and I figured we'd up the ante a bit. He tells her that myself and my girl are coming along for the lunch and she gets PISSED. Why can't it just be us? This is suppose to be special! etc..etc.. My lady and I are nonplussed and along for the ride.

So, we get to cruising on down there one morning after a long night. Both of the girls conk out, as predicted. Neither of them could stay away in a car after being up to 3 or so in the morning. That leaves he and I awake and grinning like fools.

See, we weren't going to Baltimore to meet grandma.

By the time the girls woke up we had pulled into Annapolis, MD. For those that don't know, it's a very small and very awesome seaside town in Maryland. Rather romantic even.

Utterly confused the interrogation begins, and then stops abruptly as the doorman to the bed and breakfast we had made reservations at opened the door, greeted both ladies by name and then, from our trunk, pulled out a bag that we had packed in secret for each of them.

Dinner reservations had been made, we were staying at a B&B and the weekend was spent enjoying company as we wandered about Annapolis.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

It was to the room. It was the end of a long chain of events/scavenger hunt for gifts for her birthday.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited December 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

It was to the room. It was the end of a long chain of events/scavenger hunt for gifts for her birthday.

I love birthday surprises.

tastypastry on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    . . .

Dr. Z

zoidberg.jpg

:?:

there we go

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Aw now I want a birthday/Valentine's surprise like Dr. Z's or Zen's. They both sound so sweet! 10 out of 10 for creativity you guys :D

Liiya on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've never really had the opportunity to be romantic because my experiences have consisted exclusively of relatively brief relationships with batshit crazy girls that have left me a broken man bereft of confidence.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The fact that one of them unsuccessfully tried to off herself a couple months after we broke up has not helped matters.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    one time I bought my girlfriend a barbie sunshine big girl scooter from the salvo army. I wrapped it up in newspaper and made her open it when I brought her back to my place.
    Then that night we went riding around town, me on my unicycle and she on her scooter, holding hands giving high fives to drunk college kids.

memories! (she loved it)

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Aw now I want a birthday/Valentine's surprise like Dr. Z's or Zen's. They both sound so sweet! 10 out of 10 for creativity you guys :D

I barely have the time to be creative these days. I'll make it up for my girlfriend around Christmas.

I already got her a personal decoration with two little bears in a stocking with "Me and You - Two Cuddly Bears"

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    one time I bought my girlfriend a barbie sunshine big girl scooter from the salvo army. I wrapped it up in newspaper and made her open it when I brought her back to my place.
    Then that night we went riding around town, me on my unicycle and she on her scooter, holding hands giving high fives to drunk college kids.

memories! (she loved it)

That is fantastic :D

Zen she'll love that.

You are all soppy.

Liiya on
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    Buying your girlfriend a dress is only a good idea if she is a size 2.

because then she'd look good in any style or cut?

I honestly have no idea where I was going with that post. But I can't imagine things going wrong if one of the guys here managed to trick a girl who is a size 2 into going out with him.
    there are some good-looking dudes around here who could easily score a size 2 girl

like Skull Man's girlfriend, she is tiny (maybe a 4) and also cute

there's some logic in the idea that a size 2 girl will look good in anything, though

bitches

Now I'm wondering exactly how big a size 2 is

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Buying your girlfriend a dress is only a good idea if she is a size 2.

because then she'd look good in any style or cut?

I honestly have no idea where I was going with that post. But I can't imagine things going wrong if one of the guys here managed to trick a girl who is a size 2 into going out with him.
    there are some good-looking dudes around here who could easily score a size 2 girl

like Skull Man's girlfriend, she is tiny (maybe a 4) and also cute

there's some logic in the idea that a size 2 girl will look good in anything, though

bitches

Now I'm wondering exactly how big a size 2 is

I am a size 2.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Liiya my girlfriend still feels bad for getting jealous when I was talking to you on steam.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    But we agreed you should tell her I am not as pretty as her.

Liiya on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

also, that the sex is just casual.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I don't know if that's a lie or not!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

do you enjoy being in a relationship, son?

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Probably the nicest thing a person at a store did was while I was flustering to give my girlfriend an "I fucked Up Package" (Chocolate, hand-made card, flowers and a vase) the dude saw that I was clearly hurrying. Couldn't find the damn vase's ID and the manager just said for me to get to her as soon as I could and to drive safely.

@Bad: I'm not stupid, either!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Lets just say it is, I don't want some American girl out to beat me up.

Or Bad-Beat's idea works too.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

The answer is to fly over to Eng-ga-land to meet Liiya and decide for yourself

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Lets just say it is, I don't want some American girl out to beat me up.

Or Bad-Beat's idea works too.

She's Chinese-American.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Correction: Some Chinese-American girl to beat me up.

We make a lot of money at my florist's on 'I Fucked Up' flowers.

"That'll be £35 in total."
    "Thanks love, hope this works-"
    "Why don't you add a box of chocolates to show her how sorry you are...?"
    ".. yeah okay."

Ka-ching!

Liiya on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    haha, that's awesome.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Dang, talk about taking advantage of the situation

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    We're in a recession.

Liiya on
  • Options
    celandinecelandine Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I like this.
    The mercenary florist.
    Whatever you do, don't sell aspirin there!

celandine on
    I write about math here:
    http://numberblog.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Correction: Some Chinese-American girl to beat me up.

We make a lot of money at my florist's on 'I Fucked Up' flowers.

"That'll be £35 in total."
    "Thanks love, hope this works-"
    "Why don't you add a box of chocolates to show her how sorry you are...?"
    ".. yeah okay."

Ka-ching!

You wretch!
    Then charge him for a warranty on the flowers

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

My next trip to england we'll get something set up.

Now, I mean, you've got to be cool with my girl also being there (not the same from the stories), but hey...she could be into it, I suppose. :winky:

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    celandine wrote: »
    I like this.
    The mercenary florist.
    Whatever you do, don't sell aspirin there!

Haha, noted :D

No one wants to buy flowers these days, not a needed good.

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Now, I mean, you've got to be cool with my girl also being there (not the same from the stories), but hey...she could be into it, I suppose. :winky:

Oh my!

Liiya on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

Only if you videotape it.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Zoinks

Getting a little creepy in here

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg