As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

InFlux is all up on this PAX Australian Indie Showcase

• Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Feel free to donate funds.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    To me.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey man, you have a job.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Hey man, you have a job.

You can never have enough jobs.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What do funds go towards? Booze or hookers?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    booze made from hookers.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    me finding somewhere to live when i move in january

somewhere with hookers and booze obviously

LaCabra on
  • Options
    mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had a thought. Assuming I magically find enough free time to make this happen: any interest in porting, or simultaneously developing, this thing for sale as an XNA Indie Game?

I say this as someone who is doing a semester-long programming project (a CPU cache simulator) in XNA.

Edit: implicit in this offer is that I would teach people how to code in XNA and C#. Edit2: I would make you buy some books though. There's a lot to learn.

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • Options
    QbsQbs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    me finding somewhere to live when i move in january

somewhere with hookers and booze obviously

Wait, don't you live with the woman? Are you guys still together?

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ...yes, we are, we're both moving

LaCabra on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Ok, so it's very much in the demo stage, but watching the Youtube video of the movement, I came up with this as a general concept demo.

Not sure if that's the aural aesthetic you're going for, but for some reason I thought a really fast high-energy swing would work for this. If so, I might try to start polishing up the sound quality.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ...yes, we are, we're both moving

that's cool, she's a good woman

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    Ok, so it's very much in the demo stage, but watching the Youtube video of the movement, I came up with this as a general concept demo.

Not sure if that's the aural aesthetic you're going for, but for some reason I thought a really fast high-energy swing would work for this. If so, I might try to start polishing up the sound quality.

If you look back in the UDK thread at what foursquareman was posting, that's more what we're looking for. I think that kind of fast high-energy swing stuff is perhaps notsogood for this particular style of play.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yea the music needs to evoke a feeling of shenanigans it seems.

shenanigous music

Qbs on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    V. Loci Rappteur

Give him a moustache, top hat, and monocle as unlockables.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

If you look back in the UDK thread at what foursquareman was posting, that's more what we're looking for. I think that kind of fast high-energy swing stuff is perhaps notsogood for this particular style of play.

'aights. So tense electronica stuff. Give me a day or so, I should be able to concept something with that.

So basically, you're looking for audio played for straight, but only an absurdist premise?

Khavall on
  • Options
    StigmaStigma Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    If this raptor is going to lay down some violence, make sure to include some decent kill animations.
    A simple toss of a businessman into the air, followed by a catch and shake (like a dog with a small bird) would bring smiles to all faces.

I would also like to see the Raptor's tail bobbing around just above the cubicles.

Stigma on
    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    When you guys record sound effects, smash up vegetables and stuff to get good gore.

Qbs on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

'aights. So tense electronica stuff. Give me a day or so, I should be able to concept something with that.

So basically, you're looking for audio played for straight, but only an absurdist premise?

If you can make anything Kenny G-like I'll give you 100 e-hugs.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That would actually be easier than tension-filled-electronica. I mean, if you're looking for elevator music, I can do that too.

Program music is basically a giant playground for me, so really, whatever you guys want I'd be more than happy to throw out a demo or two, and depending on my schedule I may be able to write and master a whole score.

Khavall on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

That would actually be easier than tension-filled-electronica. I mean, if you're looking for elevator music, I can do that too.

Program music is basically a giant playground for me, so really, whatever you guys want I'd be more than happy to throw out a demo or two, and depending on my schedule I may be able to write and master a whole score.

DO IT

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Allright, it's like, 12:30AM right now where I am, and I have a full-ish day tomorrow(my bands drummer may have a lesson in the afternoon which would make jamming not work, since I've got a voice studio recital), but by the end of the day saturday I'll have some original raptor-themed elevator music for you

Khavall on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This game sounds suspiciously like Crane Operator, in that it is comprised of deception, pretentiousness and gratuitous homicide. Have you already written it? Because, y'know, I can write stuff. *wink* *wink*

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey if people want to donate money to this project where can they do it?

People donated money to fly Gabe Newell, they will donate money to this.

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I could set something up on Kickstarter.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Do it

Everybody donate money to this project ASAP.

Qbs on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh, Kickstarter projects are invite only at the moment. That's out.

I'll discuss it with the team guys.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    you can all just send money straight to my paypal account.

Remington on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Guys, this isn't a velociraptor. It's closer to maybe a small utahraptor. Velociraptors were really small.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Guys, this isn't a velociraptor. It's closer to maybe a small utahraptor. Velociraptors were really small.

We checked and Small Utahraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro was already copyrighted, so we had to improvise.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Shut up.

LittleBoots on

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    WAT I'M JUST SAYING YOU WANT ACCURACY RITE?
    We checked and Small Utahraptor Job Interview Simulator Pro was already copyrighted, so we had to improvise.

I demand a disclaimer on the splashscreen. DEMAND IT

the public has a RIGHT TO KNOW

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I am posting here because these people (if they are indeed people, and not raptors in disguise) are awesome, as is their upcoming blockbuster.

Houn on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm still waiting for coffee-cup textures to ... uh ... retexture.

Seriously - my well of banality knows no limit. I seethe with genericality.

Moar seriously, this is like the only meaningful way I will be able to contribute to this effort beyond meaningless cheerleading. And I do so want you guys to do this thing.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd happily write some dialog and such when you get that far. Just give me a shout.

Houn on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    < A scene at the watercooler. Level 3.>

"Hey Phil, how was your weekend?"
    >Good
    Bad
    Prehistoric

[ - 3 Suspicious Activity ]

"Good to hear. Do anything interesting?"
    Biking
    Rock Climbing
    >Prey stalking, eviscerating
    "O....kay well Phil I'll see you at the meeting."

[+ 10 Suspicious activity]

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Aumni wrote: »
    < A scene at the watercooler. Level 3.>

"Hey Phil, how was your weekend?"
    >Good
    Bad
    Prehistoric

[ - 3 Suspicious Activity ]

"Good to hear. Do anything interesting?"
    Biking
    Rock Climbing
    >Prey stalking, eviscerating
    "O....kay well Phil I'll see you at the meeting."

[+ 10 Suspicious activity]

This conversation needs an Immediate Interrupt or two. One for "Ha! Just kidding!", halving Suspiciousness gained for a wrong answer, on a 5 minute timer, and another to immediately kill and eat him for a short term gain of 25 Supiciousness and less competition for the next promotion. Also, you save on lunch costs.

Houn on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    This looks and sounds incredibly awesome. I regret that I have absolutely no skills to contribute.

It would amuse me if, American Psycho-style, the further up the corporate food chain an NPC was, the less attention they paid to your blatantly obvious carnivorous dinosaurness.

For example, mail room clerks, temps and other job applicants would always immediately notice that you're a flesh-eating dinosaur and would be very difficult to talk down. However, you could eviscerate and devour them in front of the CEO and he wouldn't bat an eyelash as long as you were able to use the correct corporate speak buzzwords.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »
    This looks and sounds incredibly awesome. I regret that I have absolutely no skills to contribute.

It would amuse me if, American Psycho-style, the further up the corporate food chain an NPC was, the less attention they paid to your blatantly obvious carnivorous dinosaurness.

For example, mail room clerks, temps and other job applicants would always immediately notice that you're a flesh-eating dinosaur and would be very difficult to talk down. However, you could [strike]eviscerate and devour[/strike] efficiently downsize and beneficially re-distribute company resources them in front of the CEO and he wouldn't bat an eyelash as long as you were able to use the correct corporate speak buzzwords.

-10 Suspicion

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

For example, mail room clerks, temps and other job applicants would always immediately notice that you're a [strike]flesh-eating dinosaur[/strike] efficient, hardworking employee and would be very difficult to talk down. However, you could [strike]eviscerate and devour[/strike] efficiently downsize and beneficially re-distribute company resources them in front of the CEO and he wouldn't bat an eyelash as long as you were able to use the correct corporate speak buzzwords.

-10 Suspicion

-5 Suspicion

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius