Options

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Good way to make friends: Hand out care packages like popcorn using Hardline.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Oh my god, I love the Rangers.

NEW FAVORITE SHOTGUN, FLAVOR OF THE DAY.

Also, shooting down the other team's Harrier, and subsequently their Chopper Gunner with an AC-130 is the pinnacle of hilarity. Shit doesn't even get to the map before it gets pegged with a 40mm. It only takes one.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Lookfreegrenade once knocked out an AC130 with a predator missile as it spawned. I doubt the guy even got to see the AC130 view before it was destroyed.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Can you actually destroy an AC-130? Once I shot one with 2 stingers and it started dropping continuous flares and left the map, I assumed that was the best you could do.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can, it takes 3 rockets I think. So either you need scavenger, need to respawn, or have 2 AA people to take one down.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yeah pretty sure it has 2 flares, ive shot down a whole bunch.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    360 folks i just played with...So sorry. First time playing domination and second time playing on that map (with the wee river the middle). I was somewhat.... Poor.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    Mr FoxMr Fox Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So I do pretty well with the M240: Got a 24 killstreak with it but killed myself with the Chopper ;_;

Mr Fox on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    One more level till the ACR!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    OMA C4 OMA c4 click HARRIER STRIKE INBOUND

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Domhnall wrote: »
    360 folks i just played with...So sorry. First time playing domination and second time playing on that map (with the wee river the middle). I was somewhat.... Poor.

S'alright. I just got frustrated and had to shut off the game. Ugh, remind me to never play the Domination playlist again.

PunkBoy on
    Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Got in some good games tonight. Some with friends, some solo.

Over the course of ten games, got six AC-130s. Bumped my kill ratio up to 2.64, and got my thousandth TAR21 kill to complete the last Marksman challenge and level up.

On to my next goal, to get the Sponge challenges for that awesome shark mouth emblem. Shame that such a cool logo is associated with the shield and not airstrikes, etc. I've only used the riot shield for about one minute in this game's multiplayer, so this should be interesting.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I feel a little bad for not playing this game for around a week. I keep expecting that when I get back to it none of you wangs will be playing. I just can't help myself, Dragon Age came in the mail.

Trevor on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The shark emblem is indeed awesome, however, it is a well deserved mark of honour for using the riot shield.

In other news, shield bash most embarrassing way to die '09.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I just got the ACR tonight and I feel dirty using it. It's so good it's like cheating.

I almost feel like... like an akimbo 1887 user. It's that good.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You actually have to aim the ACR though. But when you do, oh boy

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So the patch isn't fixing the aimbot/ wall hacks at all?

MindLib on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No see, that's what VAC is for.

It's totally preventing all the hackers.

Those hackers you've been encountering? Ghosts of the dead hackers that VAC killed.

You can't expect VAC to handle hackers and ghost hackers, can you?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    No see, that's what VAC is for.

It's totally preventing all the hackers.

Those hackers you've been encountering? Ghosts of the dead hackers that VAC killed.

You can't expect VAC to handle hackers and ghost hackers, can you?

It's pretty amazing because MW2 is really the only online game I've ever played that had hackers in it. It's certainly the only game using VAC that has hackers playing it.

IW refuses to do anything about them because they hate PC gamers. And Valve isn't having VAC do anything because they respect IW too much to help PC gamers get out from under the oppressive thumb of IW's cold, uncaring malevolence.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    MindLib wrote: »
    They're constantly updating the list on banned hacks and stuff.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'd prefer giving props to the actual person who suggested the Predator Missile -> Harrier Strike -> AC130 killstreak rewards, but I have to settle with a thanks to people from the PA boards.

I never broke my best killstreak record of six until I used those three. I tore up a few games with that setup and raised my record to sixteen.

Cincitucky on
    Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I had the best start ever in Afghan. Spawn on the hill side. Run to the big bunker. Thumper through the door, two kills, thumper again, barrel kill, run in, whip right, hip fire kill. Pull a 180, knife kill.

Then I got two more kills the rest of the match.

Docshifty on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been running either Harrier/Stealth Bomber/AC-130 or Harrier/AC-130/Nuke whenever I play with PA. Works pretty well.

Also played a game before I went to bed where on TDM, the entire other team was using the javelin glitch. Huzzah.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Docshifty wrote: »
    I had the best start ever in Afghan. Spawn on the hill side. Run to the big bunker. Thumper through the door, two kills, thumper again, barrel kill, run in, whip right, hip fire kill. Pull a 180, knife kill.

Then I got two more kills the rest of the match.
    I do stuff like this way too often, if it makes you feel any better. I'll start a match out exactly that way (or 11-0 on Scrapyard, ahem), and go the rest of the round getting absolutely raped by everyone on the opposing team. I have no consistency!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oh also, the patch landed on XBL a few minutes ago, I just downloaded it.

Gonna test the Jav Glitch, be back with results.

edit: It's fixed.

Yesssss.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yesssss.

Scatman, it's like the game knew the patch would be released soon and so it wanted to send us off in one last glorious night of Javelin glitching.

Your tears are now twice as sweet as they were then. :lol:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Klyka wrote: »

Yesssss.

Scatman, it's like the game knew the patch would be released soon and so it wanted to send us off in one last glorious night of Javelin glitching.

Your tears are now twice as sweet as they were then. :lol:

Man, it will be the most satisfying thing in the entire planet when we see some guy running around with a Javelin, into a crowd of people, get shot, and simply fall over.

No massive atomic explosion of bullshittery, just death.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    emersziemerszi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Al_wat wrote: »
    seriously what is the best way to kill a motherfucker with a riot shield? just aim for the foot?

I usually try to run around them and knife them, or just unload clips into them. I'm pretty useless.

I plant a claymore, then just ignore them and run away. They can't catch you, unless they stand up; that's when you shoot the fleshy toes. I only use stun grenades, so I also do this: throw the grenade so it hits behind them, then shoot when they raise/move their shield.

That raises a question I was wondering: I have well over 200 "most stun grenade hits" accolades and I'm only level 60 (pre-prestige). That's 200 out of maybe 350 games played. I take it that mean that not too many people use stun-grenades? I wonder why? I like them a whole lot more than flash-bangs. Back in MW1, i played hardcore exclusively (post level maxing), and stuns were great b/c of the little X that would pop up when you hit somebody with them. That's mostly how i use them now, as a "screening" tool to check around corners and in buildings. (you also get a shit ton of assists just by chucking them toward firefights that you're not close to).

emerszi on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    seriously what is the best way to kill a motherfucker with a riot shield? just aim for the foot?
    <ballmer>Semtex, semtex, semtex, semtex, semtex</ballmer>

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    emersziemerszi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You can, it takes 3 rockets I think. So either you need scavenger, need to respawn, or have 2 AA people to take one down.

Sometimes it only takes two. Not sure why, i think it's the angle wrt the AC-130. or maybe i'm retarded and didn't see another dude launch at it.

I know that I've been right under a chopper gunner that just spawned and killed it with one stinger (cold-blooded equipped, not stopping power pro. not even sure if SP-pro affects damage with launchers).

emerszi on
  • Options
    SisterRaySisterRay Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Does anybody know if the 360 patch reduced melee distance? I might be imagining things but i definitely felt like it.

SisterRay on
    360: SEN0R MachoSolo
    PSN: PalaceBrother
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    emerszi wrote: »

I usually try to run around them and knife them, or just unload clips into them. I'm pretty useless.

I plant a claymore, then just ignore them and run away. They can't catch you, unless they stand up; that's when you shoot the fleshy toes. I only use stun grenades, so I also do this: throw the grenade so it hits behind them, then shoot when they raise/move their shield.

That raises a question I was wondering: I have well over 200 "most stun grenade hits" accolades and I'm only level 60 (pre-prestige). That's 200 out of maybe 350 games played. I take it that mean that not too many people use stun-grenades? I wonder why? I like them a whole lot more than flash-bangs. Back in MW1, i played hardcore exclusively (post level maxing), and stuns were great b/c of the little X that would pop up when you hit somebody with them. That's mostly how i use them now, as a "screening" tool to check around corners and in buildings. (you also get a shit ton of assists just by chucking them toward firefights that you're not close to).

They've changed the Flashbangs to also cause that X to appear. In the capacity, they are now the same.

People don't use stuns because if someone is already looking at a door, you throw a stun through the door and it hits him, if you walk through the door he'll still eat your soul with lead projectiles.

edit:
    I know that I've been right under a chopper gunner that just spawned and killed it with one stinger (cold-blooded equipped, not stopping power pro. not even sure if SP-pro affects damage with launchers).

If you shoot directly below when it's about 15 feet above you, the flares can't angle the Stinger away quickly enough and it might still impact. Have had it happen myself.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    RericReric Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Yesssss.

did you also check for the glitch with the rpg, it supposedly was similar except it just left a single grenade just hovering in mid air like a mine.

Reric on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009

Ugh, so many games ruined because of obvious aimbots. This dude last night (I even remember his name Hard|Core) his reticle on killcams was literally tracking people through walls and jumping around the screen like crazy. So freaking obvious. Even his own team was pissed off and there was nothing any of us could do except leave the lobby.

dasnoob on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    dasnoob wrote: »

Ugh, so many games ruined because of obvious aimbots. This dude last night (I even remember his name Hard|Core) his reticle on killcams was literally tracking people through walls and jumping around the screen like crazy. So freaking obvious. Even his own team was pissed off and there was nothing any of us could do except leave the lobby.

I don't think a simple patch to the game could do anything about aimbots. That would be a VAC issue.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Sometimes it only takes two. Not sure why, i think it's the angle wrt the AC-130. or maybe i'm retarded and didn't see another dude launch at it.

The AC-130 has two sets of flares. If you fired two missiles and killed it, someone else already fired a rocket at it--probably before you looked up in the sky. The flares do reload so if you wait too long before that third shot it might have a new set of flares ready to stop you.

edited to add that the AC-130 is awesome.
    7-ac130-angel-flare.jpg

wonderpug on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, it will be the most satisfying thing in the entire planet when we see some guy running around with a Javelin, into a crowd of people, get shot, and simply fall over.

No massive atomic explosion of bullshittery, just death.

I am seriously salivating at the prospect of watching this happen a few times tonight.
    wonderpug wrote: »

The AC-130 has two sets of flares. If you fired two missiles and killed it, someone else already fired a rocket at it--probably before you looked up in the sky. The flares do reload so if you wait too long before that third shot it might have a new set of flares ready to stop you.

edited to add that the AC-130 is awesome.
    7-ac130-angel-flare.jpg

I used this emblem a good bit. I didn't even know what it was supposed to represent, till a buddy directed me to such an image.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    yesterday we fired 6 stingers at a harrier and none of them hit it. We were raging!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    KidDynamiteKidDynamite Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    so all week I've been pissed off at this game (cause I was doing bad!)

And then last night had an awesome game, sabatoge, no griefing, good teams on both sides.

Oh MW2, why must you make me come back?

Also, RPD with Grip Holo Sight bling. It's aces.

KidDynamite on
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    dasnoob wrote: »

I don't think a simple patch to the game could do anything about aimbots. That would be a VAC issue.

Oh I know, it is just real aggrivating. The fact that the idjits don't have to worry about getting votekicked/votebanned etc just makes them so obvious about it.

dasnoob on