Options

Modern Warfare 2: Patch 1.06 Tomorrow! (NSF56K)

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darksier wrote: »
    I've missed harriers with stingers before the patch. I find that I have an increased chance of a buggy stinger if I fire the stinger the moment it's ready to fire. The only thing I could think of was revealed in a killcam. I fired a bugged stinger and was killed right away. On the killcam it showed me never firing the stinger. So I wonder if it's just the usual case of lag - showing the stinger firing on the client side, but the host still had me "waiting for lock" thus never actually firing a stinger. I've never had a bugged stinger if I wait a half second or more after the lock buzzer.

Yes, occasionally you will randomly miss with a stinger. But last night, this harrier was completely untouchable. We fired 6 stingers from 3 different people and they ALL missed. And it wasn't due to dieing or line of sight (Derail). It's just MW2 being its buggy un-playtested self.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So whats the deal with care package running? I was on the receiving end of it and it reeks of exploit bullshit.

Edit: Also i'm sorry for ditching guys, but i just couldn't take anymore "fun".

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Blue map wrote: »
    So whats the deal with care package running? I was on the receiving end of it and it reeks of exploit bullshit.

Are you telling me this didn't get fixed in the patch?!

wonderpug on
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    The reason the game is considered to be far more frustrating than the first one is because every single weapon can kill in under half a second. In MW1, the time it took to kill someone was about a quarter of a second more. Which really doesn't sound like a lot, but it is.

This.

Damnation.

Yeah, add in a spawn system that for some reason thinks you want to respawn in the middle of a hail of bullets and it can get annoying at times.

Many of these things are true, but they are greatly amplified when you combine this with the completely terrible nature of IWnet it really hurts.

Many of the folks I play with report that they'll see someone, fire at them on their screen, score hits, and then die. From the killcam's point of view they did not fire at all. Infact, the other guy saw them first and killed them dead. Combine this with the slightly greater lethality of weaponry and you've got a pretty big problem.

I don't really watch killcams (hell, playing TF2 last night I found myself spamming f everytime I died... whoops), but I have seen this in effect. Combine this with how getting a game together with some friends can be a battle of it's own right...

Well, it's easy to get frustrated.

Corp.Shephard on
  • Options
    AnalrapistAnalrapist Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The best thing to counter the magic bullets is to play slow and steady. Until IW fixes it (if they do) that's really the only way you're going to score. Sometimes I get pissed off and start charging at people and die after scoring hits , and just get more pissed off after watching the kill cam seeing that I never actually shot on their end.

there's a guy on Machinma who has a few videos on how to play with the current set of gltiches/bugs in the game without wanting to rip your own face off.

Analrapist on
    CheeseSticks15.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »

Are you telling me this didn't get fixed in the patch?!

Is that were you can crouch sprint like an insane motherfucker because you're holding the care package grenade? If so it's definitely still in the 360 version.

Blue map on
    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    So people seem to generally hate this game?

Before it came out, it was supposed to be the greatest thing ever. I don't think its too bad, though I haven't run into many problems.

But it just seems that people hate MW2

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As a counter point I hated MW1 and like this one quite a bit more.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hjparcinshjparcins Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I think this game is the shit.

People will complain about anything.

hjparcins on
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    The main problem with wasteland as opposed to pretty much all other maps is the lack of z-axis, it is just so stupidly flat and useless.

Numi on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Before it came out, it was supposed to be the greatest thing ever. I don't think its too bad, though I haven't run into many problems.

I think people mostly love it but they want the stupid parts removed.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    SkannerJAT wrote: »
    Heartbeat sensor with FMJ is my preferred kit on Wasteland. I just stay patient and approach different areas on my belly. No matter how it gets played thought it is one of, if not the, most boring maps in the game.

That's your problem. Crawling around and sniping is boring. Just run to the middle tunnels with an AR and some grenades. Bonus points if you throw a grenade over the hedge and kill someone.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Numi wrote: »
    The main problem with wasteland as opposed to pretty much all other maps is the lack of z-axis, it is just so stupidly flat and useless.

Perfect for the Goldeneye control scheme. N64 users need some love too.

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Heartbeat sensor with FMJ is my preferred kit on Wasteland. I just stay patient and approach different areas on my belly. No matter how it gets played thought it is one of, if not the, most boring maps in the game.

That's your problem. Crawling around and sniping is boring. Just run to the middle tunnels with an AR and some grenades. Bonus points if you throw a grenade over the hedge and kill someone.

I love this!

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Even though there was so much bullshit yesterday night I had a fucking blast playing with scatman,willeth,vacorsis,acid,angel and co.

It was probably the most fun I had with this in a few weeks. Just non stop laughing,shouting,taunting and making fun of people.

Also, going around the corner with a shotgun,killing a guy and then seeing Angel stand there "smiling" at me.

Regarding wasteland+grenades: Yesterday a guy threw semtex over the hedge. It landed in a tree. I was under that tree. I laughed. Then I cried.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I have a pretty good ninja/cold blooded load out with my AUG that I really like. Thermal scope and heartbeat. I tried using famas again and got the sensor for it, but I'm not really feeling it. I wish it were full auto cause I love that gun.

In the end, I have way more fun with the speedy build and my silenced mp5 and just playing that shit like AQ2. (and I usually do way better)

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wasteland is stupid because the only way to move around the map is either through narrow choke points or completely exposed in wide open ground.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    SkannerJATSkannerJAT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

This is my strategy when I am playing with friends. Otherwise I choose my formerly mentioned style because I like to keep my k/d ratio all pretty.

SkannerJAT on
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I've been throwing c4 over the hedges on wastleland. Seems to be an effective way of clearing out the campers at the ends of the cave.

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Wasteland is stupid because the only way to move around the map is either through narrow choke points or completely exposed in wide open ground.

I love wasteland for the shameless corner-hiding in the middle bunker.

There's nothing like flashing it and running in, and finding FOUR GODDAMNED PEOPLE, who've all been sitting in their little hidey holes, not wanting to shoot each other to let the others know they're there.

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Wasteland is a horrible Domination map, because once a team has properly secured A and C, it's over. You can basically control those two points with almost no difficulty by putting a couple guys in the tunnel, and a couple guys at each point, and having everyone consolidate quickly if the other team tries to press a point.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    bejeavisbejeavis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    C4 is the key to Domination. That is all.

Ok, that wasn't all. Once your team holds B, you toss a satchel of C4 on the node, then camp A or C, depending on which side your team started on / currently holds. This is the recipe for easy Domination wins.

bejeavis on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Look you stupid game, I selected Domination as my game. If the fucking lobby closes, don't send me back to the choose game screen, if I "Lost connection to Steam" don't send me to the choose game screen. If for any reason I couldn't connect to the game, then search for a new one goddammit!

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    c4 and rocket launchers. "enemy capturing a point" aim launcher, click, bunch of defend points

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

If you don't realize that there's a pretty complex layout of hills and depressions, you're really missing out.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Look you stupid game, I selected Domination as my game. If the fucking lobby closes, don't send me back to the choose game screen, if I "Lost connection to Steam" don't send me to the choose game screen. If for any reason I couldn't connect to the game, then search for a new one goddammit!

Has it arbitrarily sent you to other gamemodes yet? I was playing Ground War earlier and got dropped for some inexplicable reason into 3rd Person Tac.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Mechanical wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Has it arbitrarily sent you to other gamemodes yet? I was playing Ground War earlier and got dropped for some inexplicable reason into 3rd Person Tac.

Not yet, but I've been setting my game to Ground War, and it's kicked me out to the main menu 5 times already, either Lobby Closed or Unable to connect to host.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    nlawalkernlawalker Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    wonderpug wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

I think people mostly love it but they QQ when they don't go 40-0 and can't find a way to make a build that omgzors beats everything.

J/K (mostly). I love it; the only things that get me are the occasional glitchers and getting killed by someone that brings a knife (or a pair of hundred year old shotguns) to a gun fight. For the latter, it's a perfectly valid strategy, it's just really frustrating getting beaten by it.

I do need to branch out more, but I have been playing Domination almost exclusively and it's a blast. I get very few killstreaks and tend to come out with a pretty 1:1 K/D but the XP is delicious and I love winning for the team.

Had a Dom game in Wasteland last night, we were up 197-196 but the enemy had two points. I made a mad rush for B, found it uncovered and started to cap as the score ticked over, 198-198, and I realized I couldn't cap it fast enough. Just then some dude dropped in next to me and we capped it; not two seconds later the score ticked over again and we took it 200-199. I wish I could have shook that guy's hand.

nlawalker on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

If you don't realize that there's a pretty complex layout of hills and depressions, you're really missing out.

It's not flat at all. It bugs me because I can't see all over the map with a sniper rifle due to the hills and shit.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    CoD4 > MW2

You all know its true.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    ShrikeTheAvatarShrikeTheAvatar Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    The reason the game is considered to be far more frustrating than the first one is because every single weapon can kill in under half a second. In MW1, the time it took to kill someone was about a quarter of a second more. Which really doesn't sound like a lot, but it is.

This.

Damnation.

Yeah, add in a spawn system that for some reason thinks you want to respawn in the middle of a hail of bullets and it can get annoying at times.

Many of these things are true, but they are greatly amplified when you combine this with the completely terrible nature of IWnet it really hurts.

Many of the folks I play with report that they'll see someone, fire at them on their screen, score hits, and then die. From the killcam's point of view they did not fire at all. Infact, the other guy saw them first and killed them dead. Combine this with the slightly greater lethality of weaponry and you've got a pretty big problem.

I don't really watch killcams (hell, playing TF2 last night I found myself spamming f everytime I died... whoops), but I have seen this in effect. Combine this with how getting a game together with some friends can be a battle of it's own right...

Well, it's easy to get frustrated.

The whole "seeing someone and shooting them but then dying" is just a result of the way multiplayer gaming works. It happens in every multiplayer game. It's because, on your screen, you see the person and shoot. But at the other person's PC, they've also seen you and most likely fired a split second (according to server/host time) before you. Therefore, the server/host receives info from both of you, but according to server/host time, his shots happened before yours, and killed you, thereby rendering your shots invalid since according to the server, you're dead.

ShrikeTheAvatar on
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How is the MW2 world post patch?

Hawk on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Or:

Maybe you're just not that good at the game, and it's a shortcoming of the game itself if you don't win every round.

I'm running into a lot of people like that these days.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Excuse me, as a green noob to the MW community, I only just noticed that under the attributes of each weapon, there is a value for "Mobility". I take it that different weapons slow you down at different rates? Or is this just a singleplayer thing and everyone is even in multiplayer, perks aside?

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009

It's like playing W@W all over again.

Though I don't particularly mind Wasteland.

Sheep on
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    CoD4 > MW2

You all know its true.

From a balance and map design perspective I have to agree. MW2 has more , well everything but fluff doesnt really make something better.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    PookiepooPookiepoo Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Excuse me, as a green noob to the MW community, I only just noticed that under the attributes of each weapon, there is a value for "Mobility". I take it that different weapons slow you down at different rates? Or is this just a singleplayer thing and everyone is even in multiplayer, perks aside?

Mobility is simple movement speed when using that gun as your primary. It applies in multiplayer.

Snipers and SMGs are the fastest to run around with, followed by ARs, then LMGs.

Pookiepoo on
    Steam: Pookie GG Now Playing: BattleTech, Divinity Original Sin 2, MechWarrior 5
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Weapons do effect your movement speed. Sub Machine guns and Sniper rifles are the most "mobile", then AR's and LMG are the slowest.

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    CoD4 > MW2

You all know its true.

From a balance and map design perspective I have to agree. MW2 has more , well everything but that doesnt really make something better.

CoD4s maps were shit. Say what you will about weapon balance in MW2, but the maps are far more interesting and far better designed.

I will take Wasteland over Creek any day.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Your movement speed is based on your primary weapon.

With a sniper rifle or SMG you're the fastest
    With assault rifles you're a bit slower
    With an LMG you're the slowest

Not entirely sure where riot shield speed fits in.

wonderpug on