As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat]hiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Taranis wrote: »
    Staxeon wrote: »
    Honey dippers are only in those commercials right? Real people don't use them.

I buy my honey inside a plastic bear, which needs no extra utensils.

I don't know why anyone would choose a jar and honey dipper over a plastic bear.

They even sell empty plastic bears at the supermarket, or at least they do at mine, for use with your own honey.

Why waste extra money on a plastic bottle that'll just wear out in a year when a glass jar and a silicone honey dipper will last you ten, if not more?

Mind you, I use honey a lot, so I'd probably be squeezing that poor bear more often than you.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Taranis wrote: »
    Honey dippers are only in those commercials right? Real people don't use them.

I buy my honey inside a plastic bear, which needs no extra utensils.

I don't know why anyone would choose a jar and honey dipper over a plastic bear.

Because raw honeys put the bland mixed bear honeys to shame.

Do you know how many different kinds of honey there are?

As many different kinds as there are combinations of plants around the hives.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    As many different kinds as there are combinations of plants around the hives.

Exactly. And each one tastes different, some very different (like orange blossom or blackberry honey, for example). The honey you buy in a bear is (typically, some smaller keepers are using squeeze bottles now) mixed specifically to reduce these flavors, resulting in a bland, lifeless honey.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passer.

Passer.

It's sent.

Quid on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Blackberry honey sounds good.

James on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'MMA DRICK MORE!

Quid on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I only have honey in tea, on biscuits, and occasionally I mix it with peanut butter and make sandwiches of that with nutella.

All from the bear. I honestly wouldn't know where to buy a better kind, or if I would be buying good quality for the money.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I want a maple syrup and honey mix.

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Quid wrote: »
    Passer.

Passer.

It's sent.

Coo'. Post that in the Cutethulhu thread so everyone else can know.

I'll update the OP and LJ.

James - Blackberry honey is soooo good. One of my favorites.

Staxeon - Gimme a sec, I'll try to help with your quandry.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Phil G.Phil G. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    Man, I love street view so much. It is awesome that they got my general area in the summer, because it looks awesome then. They still haven't reached my town yet, though.

Phil G. on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Staxeon, here ya go. Very comprehensive. Here's a good list of some of the American honeys (and a few others), along with their flavors and availabilities.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's up mornos?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Staxeon, here ya go. Very comprehensive. Here's a good list of some of the American honeys (and a few others), along with their flavors and availabilities.

Awesome, thank you!

Great, now I have to buy honey this weekend :)

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Aha! A honey locator. Even more useful. :)

Hiya Ron, how're you?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    A little tired, but eh. It happens. How about you?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    What's up mornos?

well that is rude.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Passer I almost want to pay you not to read Twilight. The only thing that stops me from offering is that I'm sure you won't like it and at worst it will only be a waste of your time.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    A little tired, but eh. It happens. How about you?

Pretty much the same here. Jumping through bureaucratic hoops to get back into college.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    MikeMan wrote: »
    oh thanks NJ state government, for suggesting the following job as "Current Job Opportunities Matching Your Work Experience":

Package Handler Clifton, NJ

hahaha

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Am I the only person who gets really bummed out when Family Guy comes on? Especially after two fantastic episodes of King of the Hill.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to decide if William Hanna and Joseph Barbera saved cartoons by making them cheap and fun when popularity and budgets were declining or ruined them by bastardizing a beautiful artform and causing what was basically a dark age of animation from the 60s to the 80s.

Someone with a strong opinion, make your case.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    I'm trying to decide if William Hanna and Joseph Barbera saved cartoons by making them cheap and fun when popularity and budgets were declining or ruined them by bastardizing a beautiful artform and causing what was basically a dark age of animation from the 60s to the 80s.

Too much of their shit was just blatantly racist. The rest was good times. The good and the bad balance out.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009

What area are you in?
    Passer I almost want to pay you not to read Twilight. The only thing that stops me from offering is that I'm sure you won't like it and at worst it will only be a waste of your time.

I.... hmn. ERrgh...

Yeah, ok, I can be bribed. Just this once. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    (706): Just used the D.E.N.N.I.S system successfully.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Quid is now passing out from tequila.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Rad how much did it cost to mail Cutethulhu?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Should we be worried?

I mean, I won't be either way, but I'd at least like to know if I should be.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Am I the only person who gets really bummed out when Family Guy comes on? Especially after two fantastic episodes of King of the Hill.

King of the Hill can be pretty bland and repetitive. How many episodes can you make out of Hank and Bobby trying to connect, finding something in common, having a brief touching moment, then going back exactly the way things were before the episode?

But no, you're not the only one with Family Guy. I get especially bummed when old episodes come on. Because as a show, it hasn't aged particularly well, but the third season still sparkles in a way that has been lost and replaced by something abhorrent.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    (630): just threw the rents a curveball by making french toast and bacon when i came home sober. good luck tellin when im high/drunk now.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009

King of the Hill can be pretty bland and repetitive. How many episodes can you make out of Hank and Bobby trying to connect, finding something in common, having a brief touching moment, then going back exactly the way things were before the episode?

But no, you're not the only one with Family Guy. I get especially bummed when old episodes come on. Because as a show, it hasn't aged particularly well, but the third season still sparkles in a way that has been lost and replaced by something abhorrent.

EDIT: Futurama has aged the best. It's not all topical humor and it is fantastically preserved. I love Futurama.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I feel like they started out with noble intentions then realized they could continue to pump out low quality bullshit cartoons and networks would keep buying them. Then others figured it out too and soon we had horrible horrible cartoons with bad coloring, inconsistancies, and almost no writing. Watch the Boomerang channel sometime if you're memory doesn't recall.

Then the 80s came and manufacturers realized that cartoons were really 27 minute long comercials. And the better the cartoon the more their merchandise sold, so cartoons got better. And Amen to that!

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    (630): just threw the rents a curveball by making french toast and bacon when i came home sober. good luck tellin when im high/drunk now.

:^:

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys have jobs in New Jersey?

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Were they anymore racist than the era?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    You guys have jobs in New Jersey?

1/2 of them are being hitmen.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Futurama's pretty good.

Venture Brothers are also pretty good.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2009
    in the animation world scooby-doo is probably the devil

so bad

so pervasive

Rust on
  • Options
    edited December 2009

What area are you in?

Buffalo, NY. Apparently my options are little and none. Theres a country/specialty store that I go to that might have some, I'm going to check Friday or Saturday.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Eevee was one of my fav Pokemon because I always always always had one of the evolutions in my final line up.

Vaporeon seemed to be the best.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2009

Eevee was one of my fav Pokemon because I always always always had one of the evolutions in my final line up.

Vaporeon seemed to be the best.

Vaporeon rules.

Silas Brown on
This discussion has been closed.